Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"For the record, I'm a 46 year old man, 5 foot 10. I've got a broken distal Fibula (ankle) with a plate and several screws. My cast comes to about 5 inches below the center of my knee cap. I started with the iWalk one week after surgery. I've had my iWalk 2.0 for just over a week now. I'm very pleased with it. It's given me back a range of abilities which crutches took away. Sure I can carry a cup of coffee around. But recently I've been able to mow the lawn and take the bins out. I just needed a few days to get more confident with it. It's also saving my hands, which were starting to go numb and stiff from my crutches. I really like that I'm using more of my injured leg. I've actually noticed some muscle tone returning to my upper leg. This had started to shrink in the two weeks on crutches. It's built very well and adjusts easily. The 'foot' of the device actually has a proper 'Vibram' sole and a good sized 'footprint.' Which I didn't realise when I ordered it. A couple of do's and don'ts which might help: -Do watch all three of the instructional YouTube videos. They're the fastest way to get going properly. -Do take the time to get the height and other adjustments right. These make the difference between walking and limping. -Do empty your pockets on the iWalk leg. -Do keep your crutches handy, at least for a while. There are some things you just can't do on the iWalk. One tricky situation is a very tall step with no railing, especially going down. There's on of these outside my house, and I've had a few close calls. I've just managed to fit my crutches in a backpack by splitting them in half. -Do look at some kind of transition pad between the top of your cast and your bare leg. I'm starting to develop a blister there. The website suggests a hand towel, which might work. I'm looking at a slab of memory foam for mine. The built-in pad is quite good. It just can't cope with the sudden change between cast and shin. -Don't assume this thing will cure you. You're still working off an injury and that takes time. You'll probably get a bit sore using this, if like me you just want to pretend you're fine and go walk a mile on the first day. But I consider this a trade off: a bit of shin pain in place of a lot of hand and arm fatigue from crutches. -Don't overdo it right away. Some of the straps may chafe a bit while you develop your walking style. If you let this persist you may end up with pain. Mine was on the back of my calf. It got better as I learned to extend my knee (a tiny bit) while stepping forward with my bad leg. This keeps the iWalk firmly in place. I hope this is helpful. This injury has been a real frustration because of the number of things I can't do. The iWalk has helped me get some of those things back. Now they just need to make an iClutch so I can drive!"
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 321 reviews