Peglegs UK Reviews

Peglegs UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Michael Williams
Peglegs UK 5 star review on 15th September 2020
Michael Williams
It’s what I expected I have a load of step outside my house so you imagine how hard it would be on crutches but know it’s so much easier with the I walker thank you so much...
I am a 73 year old lady and I tripped over and broke my leg. I could not cope with crutches and struggled hopping around with a frame. Once I received the iwalk I found I was so much more mobile. I still do use the frame, with one hand, to give me extra balance but am now able to get around without too much effort.
Fantastic service. Super quick delivery I just didn't know where it was delivered to but I spoke to Jerry and he was so helpful and courteous and the matter was soon resolved. :)
According to our carriers, APC, it was delivered to your address and signed for at 1036 on the 30th, the day after you ordered it. Please contact us - details at https://www.peglegs.co.uk/contact-us/
I'm glad you found it! The carrier should have left you a card telling you who had taken it in for you.
I bought this for my daughter who had torn Achilles she was up and walking on it within 5 minutes of fitting she says it is a godsend for getting about leaving hands free
Unfortunately was not suitable for me, lack of confidence, but dont let this review put you off. Speedy delivery and Jerry very friendly and approachable to discuss any issues. Thank you anyway, Mrs Beverley Frank
I fractured my ankle a week ago and was having trouble with using crutches and looking after my kids. The iwalk means I can cook, do washing and walk about. It was delivered quickly was so easy to assemble and the video help guides are excellent. This is an amazing piece of kit and I was able to walk within 1 minute of getting it in and using it. The only downside is my kids are threatening to get me a parrot and an eye patch!!!
Great product, fast delivery. Exceeds expectations.
I'm so pleased with my iwalk 2.0, I've been able to do simple things like make a coffee, put washing in the machine, go up and down the stairs. It took a while to adjust the iwalk to my leg but it didn't take long.
Having broken my medial maleous bone. I was unable to weight bear on my ankle. Crutches are limiting as you are unable to carry anything. The i walker 2 enable me to be hands free and mobile. Comfortable to use but ensure straps are tight.
Appears to do what it says and the instructions and videos are very helpful. Leg probably easier to fit with help from someone else but is possible on your own. (Easier on skinny models than on old blokes like me!). Double pins on main leg adjuster are a bit of an effort but on the whole I am impressed by the build quality. Have yet to have my leg operation so will see how I get on once my leg is in a cast.
Great product, good service and swift delivery.

One improvement (perhaps for a next iteration) would be the ability to collapse/fold the traditional crutch section below the knee. Doing so would enable easier use on public transport as at the moment that part is fixed and so when you sit down it sticks out and makes it impossible to fit into a traditional bus seat or threatens to impale anyone sitting facing you on a typical commuter train.
I can truly see the benefits of the peg leg in no load movement, promoting independence by those with movement disorders etc.

In order to preserve the NHS, I have downloaded the NHS Long Term Plan.

I haven't read it in detail yet but perhaps there may be a way ahead for innovation and technological advancement in rehabilitation techniques,  etc, through one of the latest Innovate UK  funding competitions:

Funding competition

SME support to evaluate innovative medical technologies: round 5

UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of £1.2 million to support the evaluation of innovative medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital health products.

Competition opens: Monday 30 September 2019Competition closes: Wednesday 11 December 2019 12:00pm

What i am thinking is:

1. Study into the use of the iWalk 2.0 peg leg for those with movement disorders.

2. Study into use of the TM2 texture measurement device by WDM  Ltd to measure the surface texture depth and longitudinal profile variance, i.e.surface roughness,  etc, in a NHS and patient treatment context.

3. Analysis, storage and reporting of that data from 2 above to orthopaedic specialists in the development of rehabilitation and preventative/corrective treatment.

4. Provision of that data in 2 and 3 above to PEARL (People Environment and Something beginning with A Research Laboratory) at UCL (University College London).

5. Study into further developments of iWalk 2.0 to iWalk 3.0 (plus other variants) to make applicable to the wide range of persons suffering movement Disorders.

6. Setup the Centre for Movement Disorders UK.

7. Collaboration with MoveGB to promote movement by everyone UK.

How does that all sound? An idea is better than no idea.

Yours faithfully,

Colin Noakes
Delivered sooner than estimated. Tried it out before my OP. After my OP it has transformed my mobility. I was issued with crutches but found them hard to use and didn’t deal stable at all. So tried the iWalker 2.0 and it is brilliant. Even with strapping on I can get to and from the bathroom easily and confidently. These should be on the NHS!
Peg leg has enabled my son to do jobs he found impossible on crutches. He loves it!
I have been using the Pegleg for 2 weeks now and it has transformed my life. It has given me my mobility back. I can walk the dog, have been able to walk to the stable yard and field and see my horses. Having your hands free feels like a miracle. I am so glad I found this hands free crutch. It is still hard to cope with but my Pegleg has given me some of my independence back.
I couldn’t be more grateful for my iwalk 2.0. I’ve never broken a bone in my body and to rupture my Achilles being as active as I am was horrible. Life has literally continued as normal, and my Achilles is being perfectly rested at the same time! Only thing I can’t do is drive but everything else is business as usual. Thanks guys, amazing tool and I think everyone should get it that needs to be non weight bearing.
This is amazing - it's given me so much independence already. Even the stairs are manageable now. Fantastic product, fantastic service, absolutely wonderful.
When I tried it I thought it was twice as good as crutches but after half an hour I realised it was 10 times better than that. Allows you to get about, carry things and get stuff done within limits. Excellent and great service from Peglegs.
Great piece of kit, delivered the next day so well in time for me. The physios at the hospital were even able to assist with the first steps and they loved it.
Top aid for walking after ankle surgery gave me both hands free to carry also I was up and about in no time
Peglegs UK is rated 4.80 based on 441 reviews