Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"I only used this for about 4 weeks but it was worth every penny. When in similar situations after previous operations I have struggled. The iwalk made it so very much easier to manage jobs and move about. As a 75 year old I can happily recommend this to anyone"
"I chose peglegs in particular on the recommendation of a friend when I had mentioned my father was having a foot operation. he had used the iWalk 2.0 and had bought through Peglegs. The long and short is, the price matched everything else on the market, the delivery was very quick(next working day), the packaging was sound and the communication from he owner/MD/Manager was good(and on a sunday!) Would happily recommend the company and sincerely hope there is no necessity to become a repeat customer!"
"Thank you so much for getting my knee crutch to me next day! It’s an absolute game changer. I broke my foot two days ago and was finding it impossible to care for my toddler and young child in a boot and ordinary crutches. Now I can move about the house almost as well as usual! I am really very impressed with your service, thanks again!"
"Having fractured my ankle the week before my wedding the iWalk2.0 from peglegs was a real-life saviour."
"Can’t over-state the value in this product. After fracturing my ankle I was non weight bearing for 9 weeks or so. Crutches restrict your mobility, but with this, I could walk the dogs, (or tag along at least), cook, go unto the office, carry coffee etc etc. All the mundane things that are difficult with crutches. It lets you get on with life. And as a bonus, the customer service was excellent."
"Hands free, great buy for my injury"
"Absolutely top class service from this company. Helpful advice given both before and after purchase. Cannot recommend highly enough"
"Fantastic customer support all the way from pre-order to replacement parts. As a recent below knee amputee, the iWalk 2.0 not only gives me back some of my independence before I receive my prosthetic, it helps with my physiotherapy rehabilitation, for this part I cannot praise it enough. And as far as usability goes, once assembled within 30 minutes of practice I was heading out of the door after 2 months of being wheelchair bound."
"So, I ordered my iWalk on Wednesday last week and within 24 hours it had arrived. What fantastic servuce. Had set the natty little device up within half an hour and very easy to put together. No tools and easy to follow instructions. Now down to the nitty gritty of the product. Sadly I had an below the knee amputation on May 2nd 2019, so I had the iwalk attached to my leg exactly nine weeks after my operation. I was excited to try the device out and literally within the hour I had a cup of coffee in one hand and the other and the grip of the iWalk in the other and walked from my kitchen to my lounge. What an absolutely gem of a product. So that was Thursday, and we carried on walking and practising on the driveway Thursday and Friday evening, in small 10 minute sessions. Saturday saw the arrival of my adapted car so, so much mobility in a short space of time. The leg allows me to get to and from the car and with the easy release clips on the iWalk it allows me they in and out of the car with little messing around. So now a week later I can walk completely hands free and carry two cups from my kitchen to my lounge, out the shopping away, wash up, and even stand up for a wee. Some things you miss when you aren't able to do them, but the iWalk it gives you your mobility, confidence and independence back, I can't praise it enough. Negatives are minimal for me, and I am sure both of these things will get easier the more I use it. 1. Not easy to bend down with it on and 2. A little uncomfortable on the knee if worn for around 20 minutes. Dual density foam may .need to be thicker, especially where the leg rises in the underneath of the knee rest. Overall though, five star. Thankyou."
I'm glad it's working so well for you, Roy. As regards comfort of the knee platform foam pad, now you are confident on the iWALK, I suggest you get hold of some fleecy veterinary bedding material from eBay and use it between your knee and the platform.
"Product arrived very quickly and was exactly as described. I had entered postcode incorrectly and got a phone call very soon to clarify and allow next day delivery. Thanks!!"
"Just a quick note to say how this product is a game changer for people with a broken ankle. I realised very early on that crutches were going to be very restrictive when it came to functioning prior to my ankle injury, not to mention the potential dangers of getting up and down the stairs. The iwalk 2.0 is an ingenious idea and has allowed me to return to work and function around the house as well as outdoors. I would go as far as to say it will speed up my recovery time as the potential for further injury on crutches is massive."
"It was without a doubt the best thing that I got. It was amazing. I went from not being able to go and make myself breakfast to going to the shops and cinema within a few days of having it. Changed my outlook after my heel broke and made me feel more independent. Thought when I was looking at it the price was high but honestly the amount of freedom it gave me was beyond imaginable and I would pay it again in a heart beat. Only thing I had to get used to was the hundreds of people looking at me and countless people asking me about it."
"Got sent my iwalk 2.0 extremely rapidly- which was great as was desperate over the bank holiday weekend! Great condition and brilliant product- saved me from the drudgery of crutches..thanks. But it got better than that one of the thigh support plastic moldings snapped after 6 weeks, I sent an email to Jerry at 5pm and had a replacement part the next day- amazing service and backup. The product itself has saved me- only minor grudge is the padding cuts into my cast edge below knee (at op of shin) not sure how to solve this.. one.."
"I have purchased the iwalk2.0 for a relative in Romania who due to an ankle injury and subsequent operation has been prevented from using the affected foot for three months. The iwalk2.0 has given him most of the mobility and independence . We are pleased to say the product does what it says."
"Excellent product, which has allowed me to move around safely without crutches. Jerry was very helpful and delivery extremely quick. Thank you."
"I purchased an iWalk 2.0 from Peglegs when needing an alternative to traditional crutches and cumbersome knee scooter. The product was accurately listed and the process simple and efficient as the iWalk arrived very quickly. The product is amazing, I could get on with my life as the advertising blurb stated. Reviews make mention of knee ache with prolonged use and I would agree with this, however some high density foam and taking time to sit as often as possible overcame the slight discomfort. Overall I found the sight ache more than compensated by the freedom the device gave me. Just toying whether to sell on ebay or keep in case I break my foot again! Also the price of £159 will seem a lot however, for self-employed and others who have to keep on working the price was worth it. Re-sale appears to be good in that 50%-70% of purchase price looks usual through ebay."
"I ordered the Pegleg as I wanted to maintain my freedom of movement after a scheduled ankle operation. The quality of the product, ease of assembly and ease of use are all excellent. I am able to move around effortlessly, go up and down stairs and maintain my independence thanks to Pegleg. I highly recommend this product."
"Very impressed with service received from Peglegs UK from start to finish. On placing order, I received a call from Jerry to check that iWALK 2.0 was the right solution for my requirements. He went through a checklist and made me feel that I was not being sold an item that wasn't suited to my needs. I was recovering from a post tibular ligament ankle reconstruction operation and could not face using standard arm grip crutches again following a fall last year, whilst recovering from the same operation on my other ankle. The fall resulted in a fractured shoulder and a loss of confidence using standard crutches because I could not get my hands free to cushion my fall. The iWALK 2.0 arrived within 24 hours and has been an absolute godsend. It is an extremely stable platform and allows me to move around whilst I am non-weight bearing on my ankle. It gives me both hands free to do things, there was no pressure on my previously injured shoulder, and it has helped me regain my confidence moving around whilst I recover."
"First off I love this product it has helped me no end. There are a few things where I personally would make this better. 1) remove the iwalk 3d txt from the handle at the front, it digs into your hand when leaning on it, 2) this product is up to 6ft 6inch I believe, I'm 6,5 and have it on the max height which isn't tall enough when I have a shoe on, I would like another night setting, 3) have a quick release onto the straps would make this a lot easier when quickly getting it off. Aside from those small edits I would advise everyone in need of one of these to get it. Peter"
As regards the handle, it should be that once you are confident on the iWALK you no longer need to hold onto it - it's really a learning aid.

As regards the height issue, a slight help might be adding a layer of material on top of the knee platform pad - it might be just enough extra height to compensate for a shoe on the other foot.

As regards the quick release for the straps, there is one - release the Velcro on the free tail and lift the grey buckle to add 2" of length and simply unhook it from the "T" piece to release. To put it back on, hook the clip to the "T" piece, pull the free end and secure with the Velcro. About 15-20 seconds to don or remove an iWALK with practice.

This video should make it clearer than my typing!
"Fantastic service , very reliable."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 372 reviews