Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"This would be a great bit of kit if only the straps didn't constantly slip. The fitting instructions say the main one never needs adjustment, only the one for fine tuning, which needs adjustment each time you put the thing on. But the reality is that the main ones slip constantly when the crutch is being used, making it extremely difficult to walk."
This is a known issue for a few users. The manufacturer has issued a video on a quick, easy and free fix for it. https://youtu.be/l9Hj9YtUQPU

Please give us a call if you have a problem as we usually can help!
"I am now 6 weeks post a fracture to my tib and, with my plaster recently off, I have come to the end of my use for my i-walk. However, whilst I very rarely feel I want to offer to review of a product this is definitely the exception. When I broke my leg and the doctor told me I would need to be non-weight bearing for 6 weeks and given a pair of crutches, I thought you’re having a laugh. It may be OK for someone whose a size 8 to be able to place all their weight on one leg and 2 hands but I am not, and this just was not going to work for me. I suddenly realised that my exceedingly hectic life running my own business as well as organising my 4 children’s lives and our animals, including a horse, two ponies, a dog and four cats, was going to be no mean feat not only without 2 feet, but without hands too. I was desperate! I went on line, thinking that I might be able to find a ‘deluxe’ pair of crutches, suitably ergonomically designed not to cripple my hands (as well as my leg) and came across the i-walk. I thought for a while this was too good to be true but after watching all the videos I thought it had to be worth giving it a go. I broke my leg Wednesday morning, ordered the iwalk Wednesday night and it arrived the next day, along with a lovely email from Jerry, who I indeed called and chatted for some time with quite late Wednesday evening just to check how it actually worked. The instructions were incredibly straight forward, plus there were loads of very helpful videos, as well as knowing Jerry was there if I needed any extra advice. All amazing service! The iwalk brought normality back into my life as well as being able to get back to sharing the daily household tasks with my husband, caring for the family and working. At last I was no longer totally reliant on others for even the simplest of things, like making a coffee. I could just get up and go and get my own coffee and then take it back to my desk to drink whilst I worked - yay!! I was able to cook for the family, tidy the kitchen, go up and down stairs, carry something in my hand whilst walking along ….. all the things that you don’t realise are totally impossible until you have to start using crutches. Even going around the hospital was just exhausting on crutches (although I refused to resort to a wheelchair). However, what has been truly amazing, has been how it has allowed me to help with the horses. Within a week I was back out in the yard mucking out, feeding, changing the horses rugs, picking out feet, leading to and from the fields, putting up jumps for my daughter in the menage – the works. The horses did think I was a bit weird and certainly I was a bit slow, however, they were really sweet and slowed their pace down in line with my speed. Two weeks or so after I’d broken my leg my daughter was competing over 3 days at a national school’s championship event and she was so excited to have qualified for so many classes. Initially I wondered how I would cope as my husband was unable to stay with us the weekend. However, with the iwalk it was just amazing. My husband would drive us to the event each day and leave us there until evening. I managed to find my way to climb in and out of the lorry (which is quite a climb with very steep metal steps), tack up the pony, walk to and from the arenas and even sort out the practice fences for the show-jumping. When I went to check how far I’d walked over the weekend, it was 10kms! In fact, other than looking like Long John Silver and feeling like I needed a parrot on my shoulder, the iwalk has allowed me to lead an almost normal life, whilst continuing to allow my broken leg the time it needed to heal. There is almost nothing that I have been unable to do, other than obvious things like driving! I’ve walked around London, been to the theatre, been out for meals, worked, looked after the family, the animals, just everything. I can’t say it wasn’t tiring or that it wasn’t awkward at times, but there have been ways around things. It sounds a bit corny, but it really did give me my life back. Thank you. It’s a great product and I can’t believe more people aren’t aware of it. I work in the field of pain management and am regularly talking to physios and hardly any have even heard of it let alone had any experience of it. Personally, I think it should be available in every hospital and every ortho clinic! It won’t be for everyone, but it was certainly a life saver for me. I hope this helps,"
"Yesterday I was able to stand and play my cornet for the Christmas Carols at Church - my new ‘peg leg’ made that possible after rupturing my Achilles a month ago. Wish I’d got it two weeks earlier!"
Brilliant! I don't suppose you have a photo we could use?
"This is my second stint of non-weight bearing this year and I really couldn't face crutches again. I was cautious about ordering the iWalk due to my height though and being unsure whether it would fit me. I received very helpful advice prior to ordering including being offered a 2 week money-back trial. I absolutely love the freedom it has given me and would wholeheartedly recommend."
"I ordered a Pegleg and was pleased when it arrived the next day. However, due to a broken tibia and fibula, as well as a trimalleolar fracture of ankle, my Consultant advised me that this was not suitable for me - so sadly I had to return it. Had prompt full refund. Cannot recommend the service from Peglegs highly enough, if only......!"
"Firstly the customer service I have had from Jerry at Peglegs is amazing and when you are buying a product like this it makes all the difference. Having just had major ankle surgery I spent an extra 3 days in hospital struggling to pass the minimum mobility tests due to difficulties using a crutch as a result of previous shoulder surgery. The I walk 2 has already changed my life. Simply being able to carry a cup of tea makes all the difference. Worth every single penny."
"Robust product. Surgery still pending so we’re practising ahead of time. So far so good. It does need practice to go without crutches."
"My husband was up and walking within minutes! He's found it easy to climb stairs but descends backwards, which is far easier than forwards. He has found it quite uncomfortable on his knee after a short time of wearing it and feels it would benefit from additional padding. It is quick to remove but it can be a pain having to take it off every time you sit down. Hinged Pegleg could alleviate the need for this. That said, it is an amazing piece of kit which gives the wearer greater independence and we would not hesitate to recommend it. Jerry is a star, very attentive and nothing is too much trouble."
He can try a layer of VetBed (under £10 on eBay) on top of the foam for comfort - he will no longer need quite such close contact now he is used to using it
"I am a professional Rugby Player at The Leicester Tigers. I recently had surgery on my foot. The iwalk has been awesome, I had been using crutches and scooters but just couldnt do as much. iwalk gives you the freedom to use your hands and be independent and carry on with my training."
"Order easy to place, product tracking available, item delivered on time. Whole process less than 48 hours. Excellent."
"This product is absolutely amazing and makes having a lower leg injury liveable. Being able to carry things and cook as normal is a God send. If I have one criticism it would be that the thing is a bit heavy and could benefit from being lighter, I do appreciate however that this would increase the cost so it is probably pitched perfectly just as it is. It is easy to assemble and use, if you get a chance (prior to surgery eg) - spend some time getting used to it, as standing up from a seated position and managing stairs can be very tricky."
"Fast delivery and reassuring message immediately after order explaining I could contact a mobile number any time. I bought the iwalk2.0 to replace crutches and I’m not disappointed. Once I got the hang of it and gained confidence it gave me more freedom and my two hands back. I get a lot of stares from members of the public but most are just interested because they’ve not seem them before. I have managed to do laundry, dishwasher, go up and down stairs and walk a little in a shopping mall. It is pretty tiring but that’s to be expected and I believe it’s less tiring that hopping on crutches. Jerry send me some leaflets to hand it a fracture clinic so they more people can be aware of this as an option rather than just crutches or knee scooters."
"Peg legs service was great but the iWalk crutch was not a success so will be trying to sell it on."
"Brilliant product and service, item arrived next day as requested."
"Today I had my second NWB cast put on and wore my leg to the hospital. Staff and patients were really impressed and from my own point of view, it’s going to save my sanity over the next four weeks! More PR needed for the UK - on balance this could be a real saving for the NHS in terms of physio time, and quality of life for patients would be immeasurable! Love my leg!"
"Excellent service. Jerry was very helpful - I appreciated him getting in touch directly after the purchase to ask if I needed any help and to give me his number to call if so. I was able to send him some questions and show him a video of me walking and he came straight back with feedback on the adjustments I needed to make based on this, plus further pointing to support videos. Thanks to these I was able to assemble and fit my Iwalk 2.0 by myself! It's been a total Godsend in my mobility as I live on my own and could do hardly anything whilst using crutches, and had been getting round my flat on my knees if I needed to carry something or even make a cuppa. I went to my Fracture Clinic appointment yesterday - and got some incredulous looks from people, many who were struggling to get around with traditional crutches. Even my consultant asked to take photos of the Iwalk from several different angles! He hadn't seen one before. I said I thought they should at least signpost them to patients even if they have to buy them privately. My friends and family love your name Peg Leg and I have been called that since! It adds humour to what is a challenging time. Your service was exemplary and I will be singing your praises far and wide and have been posting images on my social media! Thanks again for this life saver! Carole"
"Great service and quick response to initial queries. Loving my new pegleg, it has been great to consign the crutches to occasional use and have the freedom to move around without fear of putting weight on my broken leg. I am not the youngest or fittest of people but have still found the iwalk2 to be easily usable and completely liberating. Highly recommended!"
"Thank goodness I found this product ! I can’t do my job on crutches and work for myself . Without this I wouldn’t have been able to work . It’s a life saver"
"The parcel arrived quickly and in good order. As I am female and in my 70's I asked my nephew to assemble it for me. This he did in about 10/15 mins. When I tried it on I felt quite unsteady, and so have not used it in case of a fall. I think for people who are younger this would not be a problem, but for me it did not work."
"Our second purchase of the iwalk2. Jerry, as always, very efficient and it arrived the day after ordering - excellent service. The iwalker has given my husband the freedom to walk around and use both hands. People constantly stop us and ask where we got it and I take a supply of leaflets with me and give them away when asked. Even medical professionals ask, so they get a leaflet too!!!!"
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 278 reviews