Peglegs UK Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

How would you rate Peglegs UK ?

Paul Smith
Verified Buyer
"Well designed and materials used are of good quality. On slightly negative issues - on initial setting of the height, I had problems with the spring detents moving out of position within the pierced tubes causing me to 'fiddle' to relocate them. The other problem is that even though the height is set correct, I occasionally trip up due to the front of the sole catching/gripping the floor because I need to consciously lift my leg enough to clear the ground when walking."
On the height issue, there are two spring buttons on the lower assembly - try using the other one to shorten the lower unit by half a hole spacing.
"Got my IWalk yesterday; my life is already better. After two weeks on crutches and almost entirely dependent on family and friends, I can finally do all the little things I had never paid any attention to before: make my own coffee, get myself a glass of water, tidy up a bit (I even managed to mop today!!!). New lease of life. And my arms, which were really suffering from having to lug my body weight around, already feel much better. Many thanks to Jerry also for making this happen for me - I live abroad, and was sceptical that postage could be arranged, but with Jerry's help it all worked like a charm. Small tip for first-time users (based on two days of using the IWalk) - do take your time figuring out how best to work the IWalk leg; yesterday I was mostly shuffling along, which made me feel quite insecure, as the grip would catch on the slightest unevenness in the floor, causing a hard stop and throwing me forward. Today, I figured I could use my upper leg & hip in much the same way I would for normal walking; which works a lot better."
Philip Jackson
Verified Buyer
"Very helpful with delivery issues (not their fault), the iWalk2.0 was straightforward to put together and I had a very quick learning curve. It has helped me to become more functional and significantly increase my mobility"
Deborah Mitchell
Verified Buyer
"I haven't actually used this yet, as my op was delayed! However, although my husband said it needed someone with a bit of "nous" to put it together, i.e. him, not me, it seems to be hopefully what I shall need to continue to be able to cook and generally get around whilst I am to be non-ambulatory for a while, lets hope so anyway!!"
It's a great idea to get familiar with using the iWALK before your op, so when you need it for real you are already confident on it.
"Shamazing"
Frank Beedell
Verified Buyer
"I haven’t tried it yet, but I can say, the workmanship and the quality is superb, I’m very very happy with it, thank you so much."
"So... like many products this is typical where u really do have to get off your bum and give it a proper test drive.... so at £150 it's not for every one..... I personally knew that being at home on my own with 2 young Springer spaniel puppies was gonna b a challenge.... this pegleg has been a blessing in doin away with the crutches.... it does take a while to get use to.... once u have set it up its really easy to slip on and off.... I can get around the garden... just n careful of uneven surfaces etc..... would happily buy again and definitely recommend.... ibyhink the company should offer spare parts ie sponge supports and foot piece in order to help sell on as used.... in fact as I'm only likely to need this for 2/3 months max I anticipate selling on for at least £100.... I have had 20+ people ask me about where I got it and how easy is it to use.... I was given a leaflet by an nhs plaster cast technician.... cantbthank him enough..... it's a shame that the money spent on gadget like this does not go back into the nhs...."
You are right - the iWALK needs the user to spend the time and effort learning to get the best out of it.

We carry a full range of spare parts for next-day despatch.

However, bear in mind that the manufacturers say that the iWALK 2.0 is designed as a single user medical device and is actually marked by them "Not For Rental".

Even worse, each one being sold second-hand is a customer to whom we can't sell a new one!
"Great idea and l have found it very useful, l cant use it without a walker as my operation was on my right ankle but l am also waiting for a knee replacement on my left knee so l couldn't use it on its own, but it has made a lot of difference to me getting up and down stairs. Wow! what more can l say."
William Friedewald
Verified Buyer
"The persistence in ensuring the device would finally arrive, was truly remarkable, especially when there were problems with delivery. I will happily recommend Peglegs every chance I get."
Susan Crawford
Verified Buyer
"Peglegs UK were very helpful. The product was excellent and service was fast and efficient. Thanks very much Peglegs!"
Sue Gregory
Verified Buyer
"Within about 20 minutes I was able to easily go up and down stairs, as well as being able to get about much more easily around the house. It's such a relief to get rid of the traditional crutches!"
Jan Hudson
"Gave me my leg back"
"This innovative solution certainly helps with freeing your hands and make stair climbing much easier. It's been my experience that it's not as easy as the videos would have you believe although it may get better as time passes and I have less pain, therefore not being scared to fall or further injure my foot. It also adds to the weight on your leg, especially when you have a cast or a heavy boot strapped it. I guess each one will experience this differently but I am female and approx 1.57m so it is a heavy contraption. Having said all that, I will buy it again as it is a great product and lack of competition make this a market leader by default, not to steal the glory of a great Peg. The only reason I didn't give it "very Good" is because I haven't been able to use it with such ease as it was advertised, but as mentioned, probably user error. Good Luck Jan"
Jane Mickleburgh
Verified Buyer
"I was struggling, ten days in, with a broken ankle and crutches. The I-walk was brought to my attention and I was so desperate to be mobile I believed the sales pitch and ordered one relying on the money back guarantee - surely it couldn’t be they easy? Well it is. It isn’t the same as your own leg, obviously, but the next best thing. It is quick to master, gives good stability, movement, and it gives you back the use of your arms. Those who rely on crutches due to a non-weight bearing injury will truly understand. Thank you so much."
Mark Nankivell
Verified Buyer
"My 62 year old wife broke her ankle badly, she underwent an operation to pin it back together again. The injury was non load bearing for a recovery period of six weeks which basically made her bed bound. After 1 week of being bed bound we discovered iWalk and my wife is now mobile and will be for the rest of her six week recovery period. Fantastic piece of kit."
Mark Howarth
Verified Buyer
"The Iwalker2.0 has allowed me to regain some much wanted independence. And Jerry's high level of customer service has made the process informed and without stress. Thank you"
Karen Barnitt
Verified Buyer
"Fast delivery. Product as described and well packaged. However nowhere near as easy to learn for me as it appears on the i walk 2, tutorial videos. There is more freedom with it, and a relief from crutches. However I still found it difficult and fell over. This might be a different story for a youngster with good balance, but I am 50 and overweight, and it was not as easy as it looks."
"Courteous, helpful, prompt and professional service."
"Very good service and excellent item"
"Got me the iwalk 2.0. Transformed my recovery. Great service"
Peglegs UK is rated 4.75 based on 209 reviews