Peglegs UK Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

How would you rate Peglegs UK?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Anthony Darell-Brown
Verified Buyer
"Very helpful when I had a problem with assembly. Good trustworthy business"
"Quick and efficient, however the delivery was a bit of a nightmare as there was a day but no time estimate so I had to be home all day. The device was easy to assemble but a little more complicated to walk on, up stairs easy down stairs not easy at all"
Sharon Patrick
Verified Buyer
"I don’t normally write reviews, however, this product absolutely deserves some praise! Being 3 days post op, having had my foot rebuilt with plates and pins following a sporting injury, I can honestly say this crutch has been an absolute god send! Being told I had to be non weight bearing for at least 3 months I was worried about being able to get about, I have very little upper body strength and the thought of being able to keep my foot elevated from the floor using elbow crutches filled me with dread. After some research and googling I came across the iWalk 2.0. My initial reaction was - yikes that’s a lot of money for something I have no idea if it works or is suitable. I went ahead anyway and the crutch was swiftly delivered two days before my operation. I set it up and had a little walk around the house using another crutch as a support. It took a little getting used to but after an hour of manoeuvring between the lounge and the kitchen, adjusting the crutch to match my height and gaining more confidence in the stability of it I decided to see how I would fair on the stairs. Thankfully I have a bannister that runs all the way up my stairs so using one hand on that and the other using an elbow crutch I was very easily and quickly able to reach the top without any fear of knocking my foot or putting any pressure on it whatsoever. Obviously the next step was to get down the stairs! Having considered going down forwards I decided this was a terrible idea and that I would have much more stability and balance going down backwards. Worked an absolute treat! The effort required is nothing compared to using just elbow crutches. Having been using it for the past 3 days I’m at a point where I can use just the iWalk without the aid of the elbow crutch for stability around the house. This has the benefit of me being able to carry things (drinks, food etc). Today I’ve taken my first steps outside with it, needing to go to the local shops. It certainly is a much speedier and safer option for getting around. I guess for me the only downside is the main crutch leg is fixed. Perhaps the designers could look at potentially making the main leg so that it can be folded down. I’m due to go to London in a couple of weeks and I can see this being a bit of a pain on the train (also getting in and out of cars) as it will have to be removed before you sit down and put back on when you get up. Although this activity isn’t difficult once you have the straps tensioned correctly, it could prove difficult on a busy moving train in a very limited space when you have limited time. Although making this leg foldable could cause some issues with the stability of the crutch I think it would be a huge benefit for people who need to use transport etc. I will certainly be wearing it when I go see my consultant to have my stitches removed and cast changed, although the NHS are unlikely to dish these out had I been given the option of renting one with a deposit (deposit being the cost of the crutch which you’d get back) then I’d have certainly snapped their hands off! All in all, would I purchase it again if I was to be non weight bearing for more than a month....absolutely! You can’t put a price on your freedom and this device certainly gives you that!"
Ingrid Saag
Verified Buyer
"This device has made a huge difference to my life in that I can be independent in my own home and do the basic everyday things for myself, like cooking, emptying the dishwasher, etc. However two improvements would make it perfect: It’s a little too heavy for me. I’m a slim lady and after going up the stairs once, found it very difficult to lift my leg plus the peg leg. So,I continue to go up on my bum. The second thing is that it can get tender on my shin, when I use it a lot, which restricts how much I use it. So perhaps more padding for the shin would help that problem."
Shaun Reilly
Verified Buyer
"iWalk crutch delivered on time as promised and just as easy to learn to walk on as all the videos and blogs had said."
Richard Methven
Verified Buyer
"Great bit of kit and most importantly made me mobile again. I had a snapped achilles and this worked great. In a leg plaster for 8 weeks and crutches were an absolute waste of time as they are so cumbersome and limit you to purely moving. The iwalk 2.0 means your hands are free so you can function like a normal person again...make a cup of tea and carry it to the sofa! Only improvement I can think of might be velcro on the adjustment straps as when you are out walking they can work loose and need re-tightening but it is very easy to do this."
There is a really easy fix for this - see the video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9Hj9YtUQPU
Catherine Nelson
Verified Buyer
"The ordering process was very straightforward. But unfortunately I’m still awaiting delivery of my order, so therefore unable to comment on the quality of the product. Thanks"
This unit was ordered on Friday afternoon and shipped on the following business day, Monday 15th. UPS claim to have made 3 attempts to deliver on the 16th, 17th and 18th but to have been unable to contact our customer. We are now trying to resolve how to actually get this delivered.
Francisco Hernandez
Verified Buyer
"Great customer service, reliable, the person i spoke to was very helpful and the delivery was fast"
KEN Graham
Verified Buyer
"The iWalk 2 arrived on time, and is a great piece of kit. I was up and about in no time at all. I watched all the videos, which made assembling a "doddle" (very easy) I do a fair amount of walking and scrambling in the great out doors,so I was impressed to see the iWalk 2 had a Vibram sole which is the industry standard for fell walking boots. A nice addition or accessory might be a slip on YakTraks for icy conditions, but I guess we would have to sign an accident waiver for that !"
Catherine Olivier
Verified Buyer
"I came across a blog referencing the pegleg website a week after undergoing midfoot bone fusion. I was struggling as the hospital gave me walkers rather than crutches which meant I was hopping which was causing all kinds of pain to my other foot and knee which are also arthritic. I ordered the unit immediately and the service was great as it arrived within 48 hours. It was easy to put together but I found it pretty heavy and cumbersome. I got used to it after a few days but cannot use it hands free as I find it quite unstable. I am however pleased I bought it as it enabled me to move about still using a zimmer but without hopping and actually do some things around the house such as cooking and ironing as my weight was more evenly distributed so I was not putting all the weight on one foot. I think if the unit was a little lighter it would be possible to use handsfree. I am 5' 3" and small framed. A larger framed person would probably not have the same problem and may be able to use it handsfree without issue."
Fiona Wood
Verified Buyer
"The IWalk is an amazingly well designed item. I am so happy to have the level of independence that it gives me and to loose all the effort, pain and discomfort of using crutches. As a result I'm happy and I'm sure this will aid my recovery."
Marianne Lewis
Verified Buyer
"I received great customer service from Peglegs UK. I had a couple of questions regarding my new i-Walk, so I called them for a quick chat. Jerry was really helpful and made some suggestions to try. I was very impressed with this response and also the prompt delivery. Looking forward to being a pirate for a while!"
Nozmol Islam
Verified Buyer
"The product is a lifesaver. Far better than crutches. It allows you to lead a normal day to day life. Peglegs are very helpful and prompt with any issues I had."
Allan Morrow
Verified Buyer
"I sent details of my experiences with iWalk2 a few days after receiving it and said I’d write further after a couple of weeks or so. My view remains that it is a fantastic piece of kit. For those who haven’t endured the misery of using crutches, with all the physical effort required and restrictions they introduce, it is difficult to convey the freedom the iWalk offers. Instead of having to plan out each small action like a military operation – such as use crutches to get to kitchen, release crutches and hold on to back of chair, grab hold of kettle with one hand while still holding on to chair, flip kettle open with one hand, lean precariously across to fill kettle … and so on (in continuing tedious manner) just simply to try to make a cup of tea. It then is a case of getting someone else to carry it to a different room or drinking it in kitchen. With iWalk I can move around the house, including stairs, without restriction, and have both hands free. Are there any downsides? Not in my experience, although suppliers make the point that any potential user must have had reasonable mobility prior to needing iWalk. I use a walking boot on my ‘good’ foot, which provides a wide and steady base for maximum stability. I also make sure straps are pulled tight for a very ‘snug’ fit. Now that I’m fairly practised can put it on in around 30 seconds and remove in less than half that time. It is without doubt the most useful item I bought in 2017 … and possibly ever!"
Carole Taylor
Verified Buyer
"Very prompt delivery. Clear instructions. Well made piece of kit. I don’t fulfill the criteria. I’m 65 and my ‘good’ leg is not at all strong. I find the peg leg much much easier to use than crutches as my good leg won’t hop. Practicing for my upcoming ankle fusion I find that with the peg leg and one crutch I’m stable, mobile and can get up and down stairs. It’s a great relief. I could not have managed with crutches alone."
Shirley Turner
Verified Buyer
"I purchased an Iwalk-2 as I am on the waiting list for talo-navicular fusion which means I will be non weight bearing for 6 weeks at least. The thought of using crutches with all their limitations was not an option. After looking at what was available I purchased the Iwalk. I am not disappointed. It was easy to assemble and comes with comprehensive instructions not only for assembly but how to get yourself moving with it too. Once I had made the adjustments and strapped myself in I was walking quite confidently within minutes. I shall use every day for a short while to get familiar with it and when my surgery is done I will be fully mobile, non weight bearing and able to get on with my life!"
GILLIAN INGLIS
Verified Buyer
"I can move freely again 😄👍🏻-thanks"
Merilyn Heath
Unverified Reviewer
"A wonderful innovative device which left my hands free and gave much more freedom. I tried it pre op to acclimatise and loved it but unfortunately was not able to use it post op...no fault of the I-walker! I contacted the company to see about a return and they couldn't have been more helpful. The instructions in the box for re packing were very concise and it went back in the original packaging with no problem."
Pamela Burton
"Very fast delivery"
Allan Morrow
Verified Reviewer
"Very speedy and efficient service. Unit was despatched within a couple of hours of ordering and arrived the following morning. Various emails kept me up-to-date with what was happening with the order. Before it arrived had appointment with fracture specialist and asked his opinion. He hadn't heard of it previously, but after a couple of minutes studying online, simply said "Go for it"! Tried it for the first time this morning. I am no 'spring-chicken' (age 66), albeit without any mobility problems until current leg-bone fracture. It must have taken about three steps before I felt confident. After that, although not exactly 'pirouetting', was able to bring in a cup of tea from the kitchen and later empty dishwasher and washing machine without any bother. It is actions like this that are so difficult to do when using crutches. I'm expecting also that it will be far less fatiguing. Using crutches I have to pause every 10 or so 'hops', whereas, although not walking huge distances so far with the iWalk, it hadn't occurred to me that I needed to stop for a rest."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.78 based on 162 reviews