Peglegs UK Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend Peglegs UK

Tell us how Peglegs UK made you happy

Live Chat, Email, Telephone
"Having broken my medial maleous bone. I was unable to weight bear on my ankle. Crutches are limiting as you are unable to carry anything. The i walker 2 enable me to be hands free and mobile. Comfortable to use but ensure straps are tight."
"Appears to do what it says and the instructions and videos are very helpful. Leg probably easier to fit with help from someone else but is possible on your own. (Easier on skinny models than on old blokes like me!). Double pins on main leg adjuster are a bit of an effort but on the whole I am impressed by the build quality. Have yet to have my leg operation so will see how I get on once my leg is in a cast."
"Great product, good service and swift delivery. One improvement (perhaps for a next iteration) would be the ability to collapse/fold the traditional crutch section below the knee. Doing so would enable easier use on public transport as at the moment that part is fixed and so when you sit down it sticks out and makes it impossible to fit into a traditional bus seat or threatens to impale anyone sitting facing you on a typical commuter train."
"I can truly see the benefits of the peg leg in no load movement, promoting independence by those with movement disorders etc. In order to preserve the NHS, I have downloaded the NHS Long Term Plan.  I haven't read it in detail yet but perhaps there may be a way ahead for innovation and technological advancement in rehabilitation techniques,  etc, through one of the latest Innovate UK  funding competitions: Funding competition SME support to evaluate innovative medical technologies: round 5 UK registered SMEs can apply for a share of £1.2 million to support the evaluation of innovative medical devices, diagnostics and regulated digital health products. Competition opens: Monday 30 September 2019Competition closes: Wednesday 11 December 2019 12:00pm What i am thinking is: 1. Study into the use of the iWalk 2.0 peg leg for those with movement disorders.  2. Study into use of the TM2 texture measurement device by WDM  Ltd to measure the surface texture depth and longitudinal profile variance, i.e.surface roughness,  etc, in a NHS and patient treatment context.  3. Analysis, storage and reporting of that data from 2 above to orthopaedic specialists in the development of rehabilitation and preventative/corrective treatment.  4. Provision of that data in 2 and 3 above to PEARL (People Environment and Something beginning with A Research Laboratory) at UCL (University College London). 5. Study into further developments of iWalk 2.0 to iWalk 3.0 (plus other variants) to make applicable to the wide range of persons suffering movement Disorders.  6. Setup the Centre for Movement Disorders UK. 7. Collaboration with MoveGB to promote movement by everyone UK. How does that all sound? An idea is better than no idea.  Yours faithfully, Colin Noakes"
"Delivered sooner than estimated. Tried it out before my OP. After my OP it has transformed my mobility. I was issued with crutches but found them hard to use and didn’t deal stable at all. So tried the iWalker 2.0 and it is brilliant. Even with strapping on I can get to and from the bathroom easily and confidently. These should be on the NHS!"
"Peg leg has enabled my son to do jobs he found impossible on crutches. He loves it!"
"I have been using the Pegleg for 2 weeks now and it has transformed my life. It has given me my mobility back. I can walk the dog, have been able to walk to the stable yard and field and see my horses. Having your hands free feels like a miracle. I am so glad I found this hands free crutch. It is still hard to cope with but my Pegleg has given me some of my independence back."
"I couldn’t be more grateful for my iwalk 2.0. I’ve never broken a bone in my body and to rupture my Achilles being as active as I am was horrible. Life has literally continued as normal, and my Achilles is being perfectly rested at the same time! Only thing I can’t do is drive but everything else is business as usual. Thanks guys, amazing tool and I think everyone should get it that needs to be non weight bearing."
"This is amazing - it's given me so much independence already. Even the stairs are manageable now. Fantastic product, fantastic service, absolutely wonderful."
"When I tried it I thought it was twice as good as crutches but after half an hour I realised it was 10 times better than that. Allows you to get about, carry things and get stuff done within limits. Excellent and great service from Peglegs."
"Great piece of kit, delivered the next day so well in time for me. The physios at the hospital were even able to assist with the first steps and they loved it."
"Top aid for walking after ankle surgery gave me both hands free to carry also I was up and about in no time"
"Excellent, personalised service."
"So I'm general a very active person. I work as a tree surgeon and a Triathlon swimming coach. Having ruptured my Achilles tendon and now not able to weight bare on my leg for 6 weeks or more. I didn't relies how restrictive crutches can be. Everyone uses the example of not being able to do simple tasks like being able to carry cup of tea. With the iwalker it goes a little way to give me some independence back as it allows me to move without needing to use my hands, freeing them up so I can carry things. I've found the iwalk much better for travelling longer distances then using crutches as leg muscle are more stronger. But you wouldn't want to wear the iwalk all day as puts to much pressure on your knee. I've found I can cover shorter distances faster on crutches. But going slower is acceptable given that iwalk as I said gives you back some independence. Being a family man, it's not just me that has suffered my injury but my family too. They were having to give up time to help me out. Having the iwalk has enabled me to do more which has been better for them my family, and has enabled me to consider being able to do more stuff with the kids. Would fully recommend iwalker."
"Totally liberating. An instant hit after foot surgery resulting in no weight bearing for 6 weeks."
"Excellent before and after sales service. Thank you so much Jerry Jones for your professionalism and kindness throughout. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend."
"I ordered an iwalk 2.0 from PegLegs UK and asked for an urgent delivery as I had just broken my foot. Jerry Jones @ PegLegs was extremely helpful and I received confirmation that the delivery would be the next day. In the meantime I was advised that this was not suitable for my type of injury as I have an ongoing knee problem so contacted Jerry and asked if I could possibly cancel the order even though it was en route. Jerry arranged this and could not have been more helpful at what was a difficult time. I wouldn't hesitate to use this company again and cannot thank Jerry enough for his exceptional customer service and kindness. Claire Leslie"
"Was a quick delivery, and using it already. A great way to stay upright and mobile"
"Wow! I’ve just had reconstructive surgery on my lower ankle and foot , metal work, ligament reconstruction and tendon sheath repair! I’ve 4 children and can not weight bare at all for 6 weeks or accidentally weight bare! The peg leg has made this bearable and I’ve been able to get on with making meals and getting around safely whilst not weight bearing! I honestly could not have managed and would have been depressed without the peg leg! Stairs are safer and actually crutches cause my leg to throb in the downward position where it is still raised to a degree in the peg leg! Well worth every penny thank you peg legs UK!!!!"
"At first I thought this device was a godsend. I have 2 weeks in a cast non-weight-bearing after ankle surgery. This device made it possible for me to stand and walk, so I can cook and do household tasks. However, after only 2 days light use the stitching on the strap at the front of the knee has almost completely unravelled, so that strap can no longer be used. I have tied a sock around it as a substitute strap so I can still use the But I am now concerned that the stitching quality may be poor and cause other straps to disintegrate, which would render the pegleg un-useable or unsafe."
Peglegs UK is rated 4.79 based on 373 reviews