Review and raise up to £2.00
Poor/wrong symbols for disabled travellers.
Showing a wheelchair in most cases only means you can get through front door.
A different symbol for walking impaired should be used- a person with a walking stick
I contacted a number of owners some of whom who made the following comments:
- They had specified the property was only suitable for walking disabled
- Internally the property is too small for a wheelchair
- Steps between different levels of ground floor
- All bedrooms are upstairs
- Bathroom too small to get a wheelchair in
- One had removed grab rails to re tile the bathroom and not yet put them back in place
Many wheelchair users do not need a full blown wet room but need to know there is space to move between rooms.