APRIL UK Reviews

Read APRIL UK Reviews

enquiries@april-uk.com

APRIL UK, April House, Almondsbury Business Centre, Bradley Stoke,

Tell us how APRIL UK made you happy
Very happy with April insurance, friendly staff, very easy and fast to deal with.
Hello Ella, thank you for taking the time to send us feedback on your experience, we are so pleased that you are happy with the service that you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
STAY FAR AWAY! April UK are daylight robbers. I’ve had critical illness and accident insurance with them for years paying £45 per month. The other day I noticed on my DD that they had increased this to £70 per month. When I contacted them they said they had sent me an letter a few months back. I do have my mail forwards from my old address to my new one but never revived one. No email was received either. When I contacted them I’ve asked them if it was not standard procedure to consult the client before such a massive increase and answers was no. I asked them to cancel policy immediately if they could not give me the original price I agreed on. I also asked for a refund for the sum the increased sum over the last months since. Again answers was no. All other insurance companies I have insurance with will email this correspondence as a way to know email has been opened and received but not this scum company. I guess from their stealing position, if they notified everyone and made sure their intention of increasing a policy from £45 til £70 was known- no one would pay another £ £25 for the same product! Thief’s
Dear Miss Gilleberg,

Thank you for your review. Further to your conversation with my colleague yesterday it had come to light that we held an old address and an old email address for you on record, therefore the two letters that we had sent to you providing two months notice of the plan changes unfortunately did not reach you. We have copies of these letters on file, I would be happy to send these to you for your records.

If you would like to discuss this further please feel free to contact me on my direct line which is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Friendly company, fast response, I am satisfied with the services and contact.
Hi Anna, thank you so much for your review. We're delighted to be of service. Please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Service team if there's anything else we can do to help.

Lynsey.
Accident, Sickness & Hospitalisation- waste of time I am extremely disappointed with April UK/IE. So hard to get reimbursed, they always have some reason not to reimburse. Already moving to a different company. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND BUYING ANYTHING
Thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Are you able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this please? If so my number is 01454 857908, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager. Many thanks for your time.
Great service as always x
Good afternoon Deborah. Thank you very much much for the feedback on your experience, we are so pleased that you are happy with the service you have received. If there is anything else you need, please don't hesitate to contact us. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
Excellent service, claim handled quickly & efficiently. A refreshing change
I cannot understand how a company like April UK, can treat customers in this manner send a email to the Brokers on Wednesday 26th June and sent out letters to arrive on Saturday morning 29th June, this is totally unfair and uncaring - especially at this time of year:- example holiday season. (This is not the way that we should be treated, increase premiums and reduce cover !!!!) without any real warning!!!! This is not the first time they have acted in this manner example Private Medical Insurance Annoying and no evidence to treating customers fairly.
I have been a customer of April for around 4 years but no more! I am disgusted with a recent letter stating that my premiums will increase from August by over £30.00 taking my monthly premiums close to £90.00 a month. What a RIP OFF! They have also made a few changes to my policy that state that my monthly benefit cannot exceed 60% of my gross earnings. In other words, I will be paying excessive monthly premiums from August but I will receive a significantly smaller payout if I were to be made redundant. WHAT A CON!!!! This means that I would be receiving just over £500 less in benefit, yet I will be paying more every month! This is a con and I strongly advise that no one uses this company. They are ripping people off. They are better alternatives out there and I strongly suggest you look around. I was surprised what I found on money supermarket. please stay away form April. They are CONS! I can't stress this enough.
Thank you for your review. The insurer has seen a significant increase in claims and administration costs since taking over the product portfolio last year which has unfortunately lead to the premium increase. Despite this, and the changes that the Insurer has made to the policy, Lifestyle Protector plans continue to be one of the most sought-after and popular protection products on the market today, given what they do, namely to provide an income if you become ill or injured and can't work.

Naturally we would always encourage you to seek advice in order to make sure that your needs continue to be catered for. Please can you contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this and so that I can help? My number is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
LIFESTYLE PROTECTION PLAN'S....from April UK.....YOU NEED TO CHECK YOUR POLICY....I have had one for a few years, self employed, the policy originally sounded good and at a reasonable monthly cost...... But as From 1 August the policy is changing, not a renewal just a total change to the existing policy.....Substantial increase in monthly premium, and none beneficial changes to terms.....the Reason give, " to many claims & admin costs".........Was not told when taking out the policy that such drastic profiteering changes could/would/might be adopted in the future of this long term policy......WOULD NOT RECOMEND BUYING THROUGHT APRIL UK......Coud this be the next PPI miss sale...
Dear Mr Pennycott

Thank you for your review. As you rightly say, the insurer has seen a significant increase in claims and administration costs since taking over the product portfolio last year. But despite this, Lifestyle Protector plans continue to be one of the most sought-after and popular protection products on the market today, given what they do, namely to provide an income if you become ill or injured and can't work.

Conartist company You take out unemployment insurance. They take 5 months to look into it. Then refuse to pay as they don't cover unemployment only redundancy.
Good morning Mr Tennick, thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Please can you contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this and so that I can help? My number is 01454 857908. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
My claim was dealt with very well. Staff were helpful on the phone and once I sent my forms in I received payment with the minimum of fuss. Thank you.
Was informed a couple of months ago that April UK will no longer be offering health cover. I have had the policy for 3 years and currently have existing ongoing cases. Switching over to AXA is not affordable as the rates jumps by 300%. I would have chosen a different provider 3 years ago (such as BUPA) if there was any hints that April UK was only a short term solution. Not happy.
Dear sir/madam, thank you for your comments. As explained in your letter, the situation is unfortunately beyond our control. Nevertheless, we will be more than happy to raise your complaint directly with the Insurer. Please contact our Customer Services team on 0800 028 0849 so that we can take your details, and we will then be able to support you in the matter.
I am extremely disappointed with April UK. So hard to get reimbursed, they always have a reason not to reimburse you (or at least they won't reimburse most part of the bill). I paid my lesson by paying them almost 2000 euros per year! Flee from this terrible company!
Good morning Jane, thank you for taking the time to get in contact with us. Are you please able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss this? If so my number is 01454 857908, Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager. Many thanks.
Just been told that April UK will no longer be offering health cover. Paid out for 2 years, never made a claim and recently had a small operation with the same consultant in the same hospital that April UK would have covered, but told it was the same waiting time. Had a renewal through and was informed that Axa would accept previous April UK customers with pre-existing conditions, but the price offered is £200 a month which is disgraceful. I'm now looking at taking this to the Financial Ombudsman, unless April UK are willing to offer some sort of compensation.
Good morning Paul, many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us. We will raise your dissatisfaction with this situation with the Insurer as a complaint on your behalf as unfortunately there is nothing that we are able to do in relation to this. Are you please able to contact me on my direct line so that we can discuss? My direct line is 01454 857908. Lynsey Garland, Customer Services Manager.
When I make a claim I am confident that it will be dealt with on a professional level with no messing about .. staff very nice to talk with and willing to help you with your claim .. glad I’m with April
Very helpful
Not impressed with April UK at all. Having had a few claims, not one has been accepted and paid in full since I am told each time, the consultant fees are not considered to be reasonable and customary. Latest claim is for a consultant charge of just 800 which my own research shows is most certainty "reasonable and customary" and yet April UK will only cover up to £303 ...... just 38% of the actual cost. They have added 10% as a "goodwill" but still only 42% cover. I can find no consultant at all charging anywhere near just £303 for the identical procedure as defined by the recognised code. The cheapest found is £700 but usually the costs are upwards of £1000 and often nearly £1200 Disgraceful treatment from April UK. I may as well have self insured. I did not envisage paying vast premiums simply for a mere contribution to my consultant costs. April UK are not health insurers at all and will certainly be no loss to me!
Dear Mr Saunders, thank you for taking the time to send to us your review. Following your email to me yesterday and my reply to you today, I will be back in touch with you as promised as soon as I can. Many thanks, Lynsey Garland, Customer Service Manager.
I put in a claim in beginning of October and they sorted it out very quickly and I'm with them good few years never had any complaints thank you
So far so good, my full no claim 12 year cash back as, promised by April insurety, when I first took the two individual policies many years ago.conversations ,via letters, email and phone ,regarding budget rise of the rates of insurance tax and new rates added to both policies and that all other terms and conditions will remain the same to my cover, and a date and method of their promise is due not so far in the next few months, I will update how their procedures and promise's are paramount to them , like I said "so far so good" 👌👩‍👧
I phoned with a query about form, a young lady dealt with it very effiently so i send form off with two claims attached and have just received letter comfirming that the money will be my account within 5 days, very impressed. Thankyou
APRIL UK is rated 4.36 based on 231 reviews