ao.com Reviews

3 New Reviews Written
2PM
2PM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Categories:
Appliance Retailers
Electrical
Home Appliances

Tell us how ao.com made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"excellent service will definitely use again delivery men hey22alan"
Are you ao.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Delivery drivers BDV28 Mike and Craig, excellent service,quick and very polite. Will buy again from this company."
"First time used AO. Fantastic service. Will never go anywhere else now. Delivery team SP 50 polite, prompt and nothing too much trouble."
"To be honest,,it like all things. Companies depend on GOOD installation teams. A.O. I would give 5 stars. Installation team 2. You know when I person walks in whether they really are interested and want to do the job. Unfortunately I got the bad one. They found fault with every thing you can imagine. In the end suggested I get local gas fitter to install. A.O great they refunded installation costs etc. I contacted local Gas Safe engineer ..he came fitted 2 days later. fitted with in 1 hour. Hmmmmm. No need to say more."
"Hi For the first time ever I'm disappointed with ao.com. 20.03.19 I took delivery of our new suburb Bosch dishwasher and for once I paid for it fitting. A waste as the fitter left me with a floating fixing. The dishwasher could be moved forwards or back, It wasn't fixed at the top. So I called back ao.com and they sent two fitters to fix my problem. Very disappointed. Barry Kenningham."
"Had a cooker delivered this morning by Lewis and Chris (HEYV97J), very professional, friendly and helpful. Thanks for the excellent service"
"Delivery today of Stoves Gas Hob, arriving within the allocated time slot. Anthony and James very professional with the fitting having to reconfigure the existing gas piping to accommodate the new Stoves hob in order that existing electric oven was flush within the cabinet. Very satisfied with AO - reduction in purchase price due to price comparison against another on-line supplier, customer service, delivery within specified slot but full credit to Anthony and James for their problem solving. Well done AO."
"Hi ,just had tumble dryer delivered by HEYV22 Alan , the service was great ,the tracking was easy ,they phoned with half an hour to deliver, in and out and no mess ,"
"We bought a television from ao. The television seems fine, good value, but the handbook is awful. Such small printing I have to use a magnifying glass. Extra problem is the television seems to be specially produced for ao, the tv recognition characters have been changed so it’s impossible to get a download from the net. Come on .. we don’t all have 20/20 vision or instinctive grasp of all new things tv. Good deliver and all else just one gripe."
"We ordered a fridge freezer and paid for disconnection of the old appliance and connection of the new one. The first delivery team were extremely unhelpful and seemed to find every excuse under the sun not to take away our old American fridge freezer and install the new one leading to a wasted day for us. They stated that they would have to drag the old appliance across our wooden floor and then claimed there was no way of disconnecting the old fridge freezer. We then had to get someone in over the weekend to disconnect the water pipe - something that turned out to be a very simple, straightforward task. I'm pleased to say, the second team (Lack and Arty - Crew COVV 186A) recovered the situation - nothing was too much trouble. They removed the old appliance without any fuss and brought the new one in. They had suitable equipment for lifting and moving both appliances taking great care with our floor and around the worktops. I think they too were puzzled at what the first team had found difficult!"
"Excellent 10/10. Contacted us twice prior to delivery of fridge freezer & finally 20 mins before actual delivery Extremely pleasant & helpful."
"Fast efficient service."
"I would have given them 5 stars if they hadnt given my mobile number to an insurance sales company!"
"They made me happy up until the point of delivery/fitting, then they made me mad and I want a refund! Everything about the buying experience was very good, no issues and great friendly customer service team for the ones I was in contact with. The day of delivery arrived, the guys brought the new dishwasher in, we had already removed the old built in unit and cleaned the area, they fitted the washer, connected the drain and fill pipes and left saying it was incredibly tight to fit and would not recommend taking it back out unless it went wrong. When it came to turning the device on and using it .... nothing happened it would not switch on, suffice to say, they forgot to plug it in so out it all came to find the plug was still secured to the back of the unit with the little 3 prong plastic cover on the plug pins so they hadn't even tried to fit it correctly!!! the fill pipe was also not fitted tightly enough so was leaking, again this could have been done correctly had they taken a few minutes more to understand the layout and made sure things were connected. Yes it was tight but had they actually taken time to assess the area they could have got it in/out quite easily. Not a great experience, they basically said it had been fitted when in fact they cannot have even tried to turn it on to make sure their handy work was fit and proper. in this regard AO service is very poor in our experience."
"You can't believe the customer product reviews as AO appear to cherry pick the best feed back only. Having brought a product from them my feedback never appeared on web page, looked to see if I could repost it but they have locked away that option. the only way you can review purchases is by invite only and negative reviews appear to get binned"
"I found the purchase process quick and easy however I have a fault on my product which is taking far too long to resolve after already being told I was under warranty I have gone through umpteen numbers to chase with what is happening and I am still none the wiser, feeling rather fed up with a faulty product on my hands"
"They didn't. Very pushy sales person. Ordered washing machine but he was only interested in selling maintenance plan. When I said I wasn't interested he became abrupt. Not impressed. Hope someone follows up complaint. My no. Is 07734446524"
"The phone call to order a washing machine was going well. A friendly man happily chatting and asking questions. I was on the phone for around 5/10 minutes when he started taking about free call outs and parts. It was only when he said you'd get a replacement if it broke that the penny dropped he was selling me protection cover. I'd already told him my previous washing machine had lasted 11 years, but he told me modern machines have a shelf life of 3-5 years!! At £6.99 a month I think I'll take my chances. My new machine was £369 so if it also lasts 11 years the new free replacement would've actually cost me over £600. I politely told him I wasn't interested in the cover. His happy voice turned rather stern and asked why, so I told him. He kept on and on. I've been in retail my whole adult life and will not be sold to if I don't want to buy something, the I won't buy it. The elderly would've probably just took it, which is wrong as sales tactics. The machine is due to come tomorrow, hopefully all will be ok!!"
"The delivery gentleman who pick up the return Beko fridge freezer AV358C JAMES he was helpful polite and real gentleman and he was also training two gentle who were also polite and helpful ."
"THIS IS WHAT I WROTE PREVIOUSLY BUT THE REPLY IS UNACCEPTABLE !!!!!!!! I have no problem with the order or delivery both were good and acceptable. HOWEVER i have a major problem with Customer Services I made a call regarding an email I had received from D&G regardging the Protection Plan which states a direct debit had been set up and thanking me for taking out the Protection ..... I asked to hear a recording of the conversation (as all their conversations are recorded, i did ask about this) I apparently had with Johnathan .... No one has called me back, even though i was assured by the young lady I spoke to who's name I wont print here to save her the embaressment, (so maybe i need to ask for that conversation as well) I'v waited a week I think this is long enough I want an explaination of who when and wot exactly was said regarding this Protection Plan D&G tell me AO gave them the information they had on the screen so why wont AO have the curtesy to call me back. I have done a lot of business with AO in the past but I am not sure that passing my information on to D&G who now have access to my bank account is Legal ........ I want answers YOUR PREVIOUS REPLY DOES NOT REFER TO THE LATEST PURCHASE I MADE TRY AGAIN !!!! ELECTRA OVEN 16th March 2017 Im just sorry i have to put this on here but no one will get back to me by phone"
Hi Sharon. I'm really sorry that you weren't happy with my previous response. Although you have not included your order number, I can confirm that I have located your order and my response was for the cooker you purchased from us in March 2017. Our Protection Plan cover is payable by Direct Debit and in order to set this up, bank details have to be provided by the customer. The only way we can obtain this information, is if it is provided by the customer. As I advised in my previous response, you agreed to us using the details that were given with your previous order. All calls are recorded and if you wish to know how you can obtain a copy of the call, or anything else regarding this matter, please contact our Customer Services on 0344 324 9222. Thanks. Michael
ao.com is rated 3.36 based on 1,025 reviews