ao.com Reviews

58% of reviewers recommend ao.com
7PM
7PM
A
A: Big Online Retailers with Unhappy Customers.
B

Categories:
Appliance Retailers
Electrical
Home Appliances

Tell us how ao.com made you happy

Own Driver, Courier
customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Absolutely terrible spent 1500 on new tv sat in all day on Saturday no call from delivery driver and no tv turned up shocking phone call to customer services for 18 minutes unanswered phone call to delivery driver 2 times unanswered will never use again.,,,"
Are you ao.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"I bought a tele as part of the wall mount service, bought the tv and wall mount (recommended by AO) to be Eligible for free service. AO don’t have the right bolts to fit any Samsung tele’s so a fraudulently and falsely advertising their services! We have been left without a tv wall mount and now have to pay out for external engineers to fit it! We spent £1,100 on a tele that we now cannot use! Appalling service, would not recommend at all!!"
"We ordered a dishwasher from AO. I then waited in all afternoon for delivery but they failed to show up. We called up and spoke to customer services. They said they would speak to logistics and call us back hopefully in about an hour to confirm the new delivery slot, but they failed to call back at all. At the time of writing no new delivery time has been agreed and they have ruled out delivering the appliance the following day. Very poor experience."
"Even though I left clear delivery instructions, they went to the wrong address. I contacted them quickly as I could as soon as the tracker showed failed delivery, which took a while as they call centre was ridiculously busy . When I finally got through I was then informed that my cooker was now too far away ,so can't be delivered today, even though they are still in the local area. Which leaves me with no cooker and having to rebook fitting as I was using a local company. Absolute rubbish"
"These people dont deliver to you and they are wankers they dont even support you"
"We had our washing machine installed and delivered exactly to time by your crew DEEV132 who were courteous and excellent. V.J.Brogan"
"Ordered an air con unit and received an email stating it would be delivered the next day. The next morning I received a call stating that it wasn’t being delivered and couldn’t be delivered until the following day. No one could give me an exact reason why; “possibly because I ordered at 18.00 and the van was full” “maybe the packaging was ripped and they wouldn’t send it like that”... Totally unimpressed. When I complained I was given £20 off. I just wanted what I ordered, delivered when promised. I ordered next day delivery as I’m having chemo and (along with everyone else!) I’m finding it hard to sleep, particularly in this heat. If I’d known that they couldn’t deliver next day I’d have ordered from elsewhere. No point ordering from somewhere else now as it would still be delivered tomorrow. Wouldn’t order from AO again as I feel misled."
"It was my first experience of shopping online with ao.com. I was looking forward to having my new Beko washing machine delivered and installed after waiting a week. However, upon delivery they were unable to fulfil there promise of the installation service and failed to diagnosed whether there would be any difficulties with installation. I therefore had to get a plumber to resolve the problem. I will not be using a.o. com in the future after this poor experience."
"One of the worst companies I have had the misfortune to deal with. Their driver claims to have called at my flat but, unlike any of the other people who called that day, seems to have been unable to use a doorbell. They then used a telephone number (for my primary residence 100 miles away) which they had extracted from my PayPal account (without telling me) to try to contact me, rather than the mobile which I would have given them on the original order. When I discovered that the driver had been and gone I tried contacting him via the telephone number they provided but this didn't work. After a frustrating wait to speak to someone in customer services, they were unwilling to send the driver back even though he would have been about twenty minutes away and two-and-a-half hours ahead of the latest time he was scheduled to get to me. But the worst thing was the treatment from a strangely inappropriately named customer services team. One person told me that I should have contacted them when I saw the wrong telephone number on the order confirmation which would have been difficult because that wasn't part of the information it contained. Another told me it was my responsibility to keep my PayPal details up to date when they are, it's simply that the goods were being delivered to a different address. Frankly, I'd rather go without than attempt to buy anything from them again."
"Terrible customer service. Failed delivery, now waiting +24 hours for re-delivery and having to take another day unpaid off work. i missed a from the driver, tried to call him back 3 times , which he answered and subsequently I had to rebook the delivery for the following day. Why the driver can't just redeliver today I don't know and I feel it should be made explicitly clear when ordering a product with them that if you miss their call prior to delivery they will not attempt to deliver the item. I was expecting a knock on the door, this never happened, as had it done, I would have received my goods. I've been given £50 refund, which really isent good enough or anywhere near enough to cover my loss of earnings. When contacting customer services I had to wait 10 minutes just to get through. I feel a.o have done the absolute minimum they could to rectify the problem and would not recommend them or use them again in the future."
"Delivered intregrated washing machine, cuased personal property damage and destroyed kitchen washing machine door. Only refunded £30 from £90 installation. Asked to shop around for quotes for a 10 year old door that may not exist. No compensation given for customers time. Avoid."
"Received a NEW TV - it would not keep channels and needed tuning everyday for 3 days - then no channels at all. Requested a refund - but AO told me I had to ring Panasonic for service to certify the fault- Panasonic told me they do not attend TV's under these conditions as the set was new and AO are legally required to refund me. So I have no option now but to go to small claims court to get my money back as AO are in breach of The Consumer Rights Act 2015 by refusing to refund me. All this run around as a pensioner is really very stressful and very poor service - so be warned if you buy anything from AO and have a fault you may be going to court to get a refund like me. If I could rate them 0 stars I would."
"Terrible after sales. 10 months after purchase fridge freezer packed up. 6 days later....... I'm number 6 on the process list! Wow! Don't worry AO, it only stores food,milk and groceries! No rush, you've had my money eh?"
"Would not price promise because other retailers must have a calendar on their website to choose a delivery within 10days. No mention of this in their written terms an conditions though!!!"
"I would give it a zero star if I could. Ordered a fridge. First attempt delivery was a shamble. Two men turned up, basically said to our face 'we don't like doing stairs', we then challenged them that we ordered 45 appliances from them over the year and even the current fridge is from them, no issues with delivery so far. We also paid extra for them to take the old fridge away. AO also called us to asked about the stair specs and how many steps there are - on the phone they seem to think there's no issue. They then got on the phone with their 'boss' and the guy on the phone gave us the run of 'health and safety'. We know that's an excuse they use to cover their asses for being lazy. Told them to take the fridge away and called AO to complain. They passed on to many people and finally a guy from depot called us to apologize, also offered £35 compensation and rescheduled the delivery. He promised that they will find the team who can do stairs - supposedly more senior and they don't care what type of stairs we have. That seems like a fair solution so we waited. This morning, same thing happened. The only difference is they didn't give us so much attitude. I was up to my eyeballs with AO's lies and false promises and frankly do not want them to have a penny of my money, but my husband just wanted it done and moved on with other things. So we paid 2 of our maintenance guys, who are in their late 40s, and they took the new fridge up (and the old fridge down) in less than 5 mins. They didn't even need to stop. It took longer to get ahold of AO customer services. The 2 AO delivery guys stood there watching. We used to be AO customers but they have become pathetic over the years. If you order anything, expect them to drop it on your hallway - they don't care if you're a pregnant lady or disabled, they just don't like to do any heavy lifting. And when you complain, they will tell you it's 'health and safety' or 'have you read the fine prints, ma'am?'. They will spin anything they can spin and make it as difficult for you as possible. Save your money and go spend it elsewhere where they deliver what they promise. This company is an utter disgrace and never ever will we order anything from them again."
"They wouldnt price match a Uk on line store that fulfilled all of their criteria on their promise . I was fobbed off with a false claim about the competitors goods and how "in their experience" of this company that the said company "wouldnt fulfill their terms" .The company succeeded and AO FAILED"
"AVOID AVOID AVOID. the delivery driver had a disgusting rude attitude and did want to carry the appliance into the property so i canceled on the spot. NEVER EVER WILL I RECOMMEND THIS COMPANY"
"DISGUSTING customer service. AO are happy selling faulty goods and then refuse to exchange for fault-free goods, they will only offer a repair ON A BRAND NEW PRODUCT. If I have paid for a brand new item, I do not wish to end up with a repaired item which has been repaired in my home; not in a correctly controlled production environment, as per the original manufacturing conditions. Definitely my FIRST and LAST time buying from AO. Disgraceful customer service and not following CONSUMER LAW! Avoid!!"
"Utter rubbish. Supplied me with not 1 but 2 faulty TV sets and made exchanging them as difficult as possible, bearing in mind that's 2 faulty sets in under a month. No one bothered to call me and apologise, I had to sort the whole process out myself. The first 2 tvs were delivered in filthy boxes so god knows where they store their televisions. I'd never buy from AO again."
"I am totally disgusted with the Indesit oven i bought from these people! First oven arrived with a completely SMASHED corner on the back of it- Strangely, the packaging had no signs of damage... The oven was replaced. Second oven the fan died at 13 MONTHS- Luckily i took out extra cover! Then i found that the Enamel was missing in places in the oven! Now today my Fuse box tripped, the Oven had blown the trip fuse box! Needless to say the oven no longer works! Great service and value from AO.COM? I dont think so! Poor quality goods or what- you decide......"
ao.com is rated 3.35 based on 1,018 reviews