AHF Furniture Reviews

11% of reviewers recommend AHF Furniture

How would you rate AHF Furniture ?

"PLEASE, PLEASE, DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY! We paid a lot of money for our settee furniture from AHF and it's the second sofa we have brought from AHF. The sofa we brought in 2008 was fantastic and lasted 8 years before it started look a bit shabby just though general wear. We brought a new 3 piece suite in December 2016, within six months one of the electric chairs just stopped working. Called AHF and they sent an engineer out who repaired a sliced wire caused by the mechanics of the recliner. Then within a month we had to call AHF out again as one of the arm rest supports had given way. AHF sent an engineer out and they fixed the issue. Now 17 months later two more of the arm rest supports have given way so we called AHF and they have refused to fix the two arm rests as they now don't see them as a manufacture default, even though it's the same default they fixed last year? They have stopped replying to my emails and sent me to the furniture ombudsman who I have now opened up as case with. I really don't understand how it helps sending your customers to the ombudsman for an issue they have already fixed under a manufacturing default. Very poor customer care. PLEASE TAKE MY ADVICE- DO NOT GO THERE!!!"
"Please do not purchase a sofa from AHF! My elderly father bought a sofa and paid for the supposedly extended warranty to ensure that he was fully covered for any eventuality. After a MERE 6 MONTHS THE sofa has COLLAPSED in parts - apparently this is considered as normal WEAR AND TEAR !!!!! So don’t buy a sofa from AHF unless you are happy for a life span of 6 months! Truly disgusted To add insult to injury a customer relations advisor at the head office changed her story several times to ensure that no assistance of repair of refund was offered. Consumers - Also be aware that AHF are not part of the Furniture Ombudsman, which means as a consumer you have less protection. Happy to discuss this with you AHF...... I’m also happy to upload photos ....."
David Hanson.
Unverified Reviewer
"I've been banned from the shop and I wanted to go in and buy some dining chairs. I said a word she didn't like and she banned me. The word was bast.... and it's in the dictionary. I've had some bad experiences in this store."
"Today me and my mum visited the lowestoft store. We were looking at buying branded carpets for two rooms in her house totalling at around £1100, and a mattress costing £699. Mum was keen to get them ordered and delivered as soon as possible! Unfortunately due to the extremely bad attitude from the older guy serving us we decided to walk out and buy the same carpet in a different store! Had we been served by someone who wasn’t so rude and arrogant we would have left very happy customers! Such a shame that the store is being let down by ONE member of staff!"
"Poor customer service and still awaiting a response after being sold poor quality MELLISA leather sofas ( 2 and 3 seater recliners) that started to peel like PVC in less than 3 years. The particular sofa sections have hardly been used and the first response basically told us they are outside the one year warranty. The sales team response at the Boongate store in Peterborough, clearly stated that sections are PVC, not what I expected to hear after purchasing leather sofa’s"
"Bought a rug from AHF, took it back for a refund as the wrong colour. Manager said they do not refund on rugs, as it had been taken out of the store. He also said I cancelled the order so no refunds. I didnt order the rug I jus went in and bought it! Have never heard anything like this before. At no point did he tell me that I couldnt have a refund when purchased. I told him he should tell customers of the no refund policy to which he replied that would take at east 20 minutes to explain and people would get fed up! No Customer sales at all. In fact he walked away! Will never shop there again and will tell all friends not to either! Horrible shop."
"Positive Customer experience is none existant with this company. would not recommend, still waiting for order 3 months later!! I with I had ordered else were, im waiting for The next excuse as to why my sofa has still not been made!"
"Extremely disappointed with the service received. I feel like ripping the carpets out and putting it in the bin. That is how bad the service was. Nobody deserves such a rubbish service. I will never ever recommend this store or its installers to anyone. :Full story here with pics: We had the AHF slough come down to take measurements and recommend us what is required for our new carpets. This went very well. We then placed the order. Unfortunately this is where the pleasant stuff ended. We had plumbing done, followed by painters and so there was a slight delay to our earlier accepted date. We requested to change our date to install carpet but was turned down. Thanks to our decorators we got it sorted to get the carpet installers in. This is where it went from bad to worse. The installers without asking our permission removed the doors and then pointed out that we cannot close any of the doors or wardrobe doors because of the carpet thickness. When we asked them if the doors can be trimmed? Guess what they do not have the tools!! This was followed by exchange of what was in our contract what was not and so on. I then had to call the store so they can talk to the installers. To our surprise the store who initially told us if any work is required the installers will be happy to do but at a charge now tell us that we did not take the option. I have attached the picture of the receipt clearly showing £90 for trimming the doors! After speaking to the store for a long time they said they can only do this on Sept 22, 15 days after installing the carpet!!!!!!!!!! The worse was yet to come. The master bedroom door removed was kept against the wall. When I told them I have a toddler at home and this is a major risk. The installer now wanted to rip the carpet and install the door back! I hope I had never gone to AHF. I just hate looking at those carpets from my experience of dealing with the installers and the store. Did I forget? They also left rubbish (from new carpet installation) after installing them at our door and I now need to dispose it."
Terence Baumber
"Greeted then left to brouse,then excellent assistance to finalise choice and order."
AHF Furniture is rated 1.44 based on 9 reviews