A & D Plumbing Reviews

94% of reviewers recommend A & D Plumbing

How would you rate A & D Plumbing?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

Sir Tom Lucas
Verified Buyer
"Your plumber, Kevin, arrived exactly on time as promised and completed his work promptly and tidily. So far so good, BUT I after he had left while refitting the boiler cover panel I noticed a pipe hanging down the left side of the boiler which was open ended and DRIPPING what looked like condensate. I left a message the same day (i cannot remember whether it was email or by phone or even e-mail) and I asked for a call back, but this has not been forthcoming. Please reply ASAP (Sir Thomas Lucas). Thank You."
Dear Tom

Thank you for your review, we apologise for not responding to your call, we have checked our database and found that an admin error caused your request to be issued to the wrong department.

We have now put steps in place to prevent this happening again and we have contacted you to resolve the issue.

If you have any future problems please do not hesitate to call us.

Best Regards
Dan
"Same day response to emergency call. Part had to be ordered in so unfortunately problem could not be sorted on same day. However came on first opportunity On both occasions a call was made roughly 1/2 hour before arrival time."
"Prompt and friendly service, everything now working perfectly."
"Friendly engineer Knew what he was doing Called to say would be late but wasn’t far off time expected to arrive. Next day service after our call. Easy payment"
"On time, very polite and helpful. Will contact you again."
Terry Young
Verified Buyer
"Turn up on time, provided fast efficient service at a reasonable price."
"The engineer arrived on time. He is professional, efficient at work."
"I rang just after 7pm for an emergency call-out and a plumber arrived within the hour, diagnosed the fault and fixed it, no mess no fuss. I would use them again were the need to arise."
Trevor Westcott
Verified Buyer
"Prompt response and service. Repair well executed. If needed we would call on A &D again."
Christine Schnorr - Beck
Verified Buyer
"The company responds instantly, the engineer was prompt, very friendly and thorough. Very reliable and I would not hesitate to recommend them."
"On time, efficient and good job done at reasonable cost. Thank you."
Sam Strutt
Verified Buyer
"Called them and they arranged an appointment quickly. Ordered the part straight away and everything sorted."
Harriet Trebble
Verified Buyer
"The engineer that was called out to my house was friendly and helpful, and turned up well within the 4 hours. Following that the service was not overly good. I did not get a quote for a few days (I was completely without heating and hot water) and when I did the part was over £40 + VAT more expensive than going online and buying it myself. The caller was not willing to provide me with a part number, but I managed to find it online regardless. I opted to buy and fit it myself."
Dear Harriet

We apologise for the slow response in forwarding the quote for the parts your boiler required.

This is not the normal service we aim to provide, with parts prices usually being obtained the same day. Due to the limited access to the suppliers, the reduced opening days and hours of the suppliers between Christmas day and New Year's day, combined with an exceptionally high demand for our services as a result of most other plumbing companies closing over the festive period, resulted in a slower than normal service.

With regards to the price of the part costing more than online. We do add a mark up to all the parts we fit which is well within acceptable levels and covers the costs involved in sourcing and collecting the parts, All parts that we supply are covered by the manufacturer and A&D Plumbing Services for a year, meaning that if any fault develops with the parts we supplied or work we carried we will rectify the issue free of charge. Customers do on occasion source their own parts which we are happy to fit although we can then only offer our guarantee on the fitting and not the part as well.

We can sometimes give out part numbers if a customer requests them but this is not always possible as the suppliers only issue us with the part name and cost without the part number.

We do feel on this occasion our services fell below the level we would usually obtain. Due to this problem having arisen we have now allocated a member of staff to the specific role of sourcing part details and prices in order to keep our response time to a minimum and further improve the service we offer in the future.

Best Regards

A&D Plumbing Services
Elizabeth Show
Verified Buyer
"Very helpful, fitted me in very quickly despite being so close to Christmas. There were unexpected problems with my boiler but l was kept informed and they tried their hardest not to leave me without heating for too long. I would use them again and so l would definitely recommend."
"Answered call straight away and agreed to send emergency plumber to fix leak 12-2pm the same day. They managed to come and fix the leak by 10.30am! Paying invoice was easy and I recommend them to any householder who needs fast, efficient and reliable service! Thanks guys!"
Dave Clayden
Verified Buyer
"Very. Good. Service. Quick. And. Helpful keen To explain. Problems And. Remedies. Thankyou"
"Found A&D from their samedayplumbercambridge website and called for an emergency plumber due to toilet leaking onto floor. They couldn't do same day -- I called Monday and they said they could get someone to me between 12 and 2 on Wednesday. On Wednesday I was called at 2 and told it'd be between 4-6. Then 6.30. Then between 7.30 and 7.45. Plumber _did_ turn up at 7.40, finally. He was cheerful, friendly and polite. The job was difficult -- bad bathroom design, rusted bolts, awkward access. Apparently also some non-standard parts. However he had all the parts needed on his van, and he persevered and kept a great attitude despite the difficulties. I was billed for 2 hours -- as he was here a little longer, but he did need to take a call from another customer. Price was £85 per hour + VAT as I was quoted on the phone. Total cost came to £254, which I am very happy with for an emergency job plus numerous parts. He cleaned up after himself and did as little damage as possible to the bathroom (it was necessary to saw through some of the wood surround and break some grouting). 5 stars for the plumber and the politeness of the office staff. Maybe 2 stars for the timekeeping. But they do turn up and do the work."
Mr Martin Pender
Verified Buyer
"fixed the problem nice bloke"
Ian Gilder
Verified Buyer
"Your heating engineer came at the time agreed, did a swift diagnosis of the problem and fitted a new heating pump quickly and tidily."
Micahael Curran
Verified Buyer
"I found A & D plumbing very reliable, efficient and skilled. I will definitely use them again. The only annoyance is they cannot spell Michael. Michael Curran"
A & D Plumbing is rated 4.72 based on 142 reviews