Coverwise Reviews

6% of reviewers recommend Coverwise

How would you rate Coverwise ?

"2 reviews Published 14 minutes ago Updated 8 minutes ago Worthless insurance policy They are crooks. Before you buy an insurance get a lawyer to read the fine print. I took an insurance from that company for a trip to Cuba. My wife got sick (a life threatening condition). When I came back to claim the money I was overwhelmed by the paperwork they asked. I actually had to pay extra money to get medical certificates. The outcome was that they declined my claim because my wife had an operation 3 years ago. Although her condition in cuba according to doctor reports was unrelated to the surgery she had 3 years ago they declined to pay the huge medical bill in Cuba. They said if I I had read the fine print I should have told them about that surgery. Their insurance policy is worthless. They are a reckless company"
"Bad company to deal with, genuine claim unable to fly, don't want to pay out!! doctors certificate said genunie, but want to go through your whole life medical reports to find a tiny thing that may or may not of happened over 5yrs previous!! should be ashamed to trade. WILL BE CLAIMING COSTS THROUGH OMBUDSMAN. AVOID AT ALL COSTS..."
"AVOID - communication is awful. Still waiting for them to pay out for a straight forward claim made in September. Was contacted at 9pm on Christmas Eve of all times, to which I replied straight away. I didn't hear back from that email until yesterday 6.2.18. Currently asking for info of which they have had since September, stalling payment. Avoid avoid avoid!"
"DO NOT USE. Trying to get through to these people is horrendous. They are either busy or pretend they cannot hear you. When you do get through they say someone will call you back and they don't."
"Because I have a dental appointment planned but not even booked the refused to insure me and my family for annual travel insurance... its just an appointment! Unbelievable"
"Dont expect to ever get a payout from this insurance company. Two claims, one relating to stolen passport and another for missed flight . One matter has been dragged out over a year . They make excuses like losing documents and pass you around Indian call center where its impossible to understand a word. They don't return calls. No one takes control and you get the same template email again and again. Avoid this insurer at all costs."
"I had my holiday insurance with Coverwise. When my father died and I had to cancel the holiday Coverwise told me I was not entitled to a refund because it was a known condition. I was not covered now that he had died because he had prostate cancer. I told them he had prostate cancer for a number of years and it was under control and I had no way of knowing it would have killed him at the time of booking my holiday. There was no compassion and at a time of severe upset and stress they would not return calls when they said, I was passed backwards and forward and had to keep emailing and phoning several times. The advisor kept putting me on hold and asking lots of questions about my Dad's death. This was very upsetting and stressful on top of losing my Dad and now losing all the costs of our family holiday. My Dad was not on the insurance documents, he was not even travelling with us and they then wanted proof and I had to send all my documents to them and a copy of his death certificate! It was appalling service. They then lost all the documents and asked me to go through them all over again! After weeks of ringing and emailing I finally got my money refunded. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"Contacted them regarding a delayed flight for which the rest of my party were compensated, needless to say they were not insured with Coverwise. I took out a gold policy and yet when I enquired about claiming they said that delayed flight on a connecting flight was an optional extra and was told to check page 30 of my policy! I am going to persue this claim via other means as they are very misleading and I shudder to think what would have happened had I needed medical attention. This policy cost me £45 for a single trip. Avoid at all costs!"
"They are a con! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! I called them 6 times and could never get through, they asked me to leave my details but no one ever calls back. On my last call I asked to speak to a manager to complain and they hung up on me. CON COMPANY!!"
"I would NEVER use them again. Totally agree with everyone here - appalling (read virtually no) communication (it feels as though they are just stalling to pay out despite me having all the correct paperwork from the hospital etc for something that should have been a very straightforward claim). This still hasn't been resolved and meanwhile I have the hospital asking me for money."
"Absolutely Rubbish, no one is ever available no case handler or manager. Always say someone will call you back, one month later no one calls. If you say i'll stay on the line while some one is available they cut you off. Unacceptable company."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am quite sure their reviews must be faked and I wish I had not trusted them before I got the cover. I got travel insurance with them and my return flight was cancelled. I read the travel documentation and it said I was covered, it took 3 weeks to talk to someone on the phone and finally I was told that I was not covered for the costs of the new flights because I needed to purchase additional cover, which they did not make clear in any way when I purchased the insurance. Clearly they hide in the small print to avoid paying out. Wasted hours emailing and calling this company for nothing and have to pay the £200+ for accommodation, flights, meals caused by the flight cancellation. BEWARE THEY CLEARLY HIDE IN THE SMALL PRINT AND DO NOT PAY OUT EASILY I WISH I DIDN'T WASTE MY MONEY ON THEM."
"YOUR CALL IS IMPORTANT TO US, PLEASE KINDLY HOLD THE LINE!!!!!!! Terrible experience!! Spoke to David who has a serious attitude problem when making a claim about flights. After being on hold for over 7 minutes I was then told by David a representative would call me back within 48 hours. David didn't take any information from me except the fact my flight was delayed. POOR service Avoid!"
"I had an appointment planned with the dentist and they refused to do an annual cover for me and my family for the year, eventhough I offered to keep the dental part of the insurance... ridicolous"
Coverwise is rated 1.29 based on 34 reviews