Coverwise Reviews

7% of reviewers recommend Coverwise
11AM
11AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Coverwise?

About Coverwise: Coverwise Travel Insurance, prices from just £1.76 - Experienced at providing great value, comprehensive travel insurance. Coverwise – Low cost Travel Insurance offering great cover, easy and efficient online purchase, payment and policy issue, UK customer service centres, 24/7 medical assistance.

77 79 High Street
Steyning
West Sussex

Categories:
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance
Finance & Insurance
Travel Insurance

Tell us how Coverwise made you happy

Telephone
"2 reviews Published 14 minutes ago Updated 8 minutes ago Worthless insurance policy They are crooks. Before you buy an insurance get a lawyer to read the fine print. I took an insurance from that company for a trip to Cuba. My wife got sick (a life threatening condition). When I came back to claim the money I was overwhelmed by the paperwork they asked. I actually had to pay extra money to get medical certificates. The outcome was that they declined my claim because my wife had an operation 3 years ago. Although her condition in cuba according to doctor reports was unrelated to the surgery she had 3 years ago they declined to pay the huge medical bill in Cuba. They said if I I had read the fine print I should have told them about that surgery. Their insurance policy is worthless. They are a reckless company"
Are you Coverwise? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Bad company to deal with, genuine claim unable to fly, don't want to pay out!! doctors certificate said genunie, but want to go through your whole life medical reports to find a tiny thing that may or may not of happened over 5yrs previous!! should be ashamed to trade. WILL BE CLAIMING COSTS THROUGH OMBUDSMAN. AVOID AT ALL COSTS..."
"Avoid pointless “Annual Multi Trip Insurance” as it provides no useful cover. We paid over £50 for annual cover. We then had a slightly unlucky year and had two holidays heavily disrupted/ cancelled. One to Indonesia (Earthquakes) and one to New York (Primera airline going bankrupt cancelling all flights). In both cases Coverwise didnt provide any compensation to book new flights (or pay for the old ones) or pay for the hotels we couldn’t Get to which I thought would be quite standard items. If you read the policy they only cover 5 extremely narrow circumstances in which they will pay anything in the event of your holiday being cancelled."
"DO NOT TAKE OUT A COVERWISE/AXA POLICY I took out a Coverwise policy for a family holiday to Lanzarote. Unfortunately on our second night, our villa in Playa Blanca was burgled. Many hundreds of Euros were stolen together with electrical items and purses and driving licences. I made contact with the Coverwise claims number, this is operated by AXA. I spoke to someone in Mauritius who spoke very little English, this combined with the delay on the line made the already stressful experience even worse. The Coverwise/AXA insurance is totally useless and I would advise anyone considering taking out a policy with them, to get cover elsewhere. A policy is only any good when you have to make a claim. It's pointless paying money for a policy, that when it comes to the crunch, you have to speak to someone in a different country who does not understand you. Upon return to the UK I made contact with Coverwise and explained the situation. There was no great concern as they stated that the policy is operated by AXA and they deal with all claims. I enquired regarding medical cover and if medical assistance was needed whilst on holiday abroad, where would the call be directed and could I speak to someone in the UK. I was advised that the call could be directed to anywhere in the world and it depended where you were calling from. Regarding future travel insurance, I would suggest checking where claims/medical emergency calls are directed. If you are directed to a UK call centre, you might pay a bit more however you would have the peace of mind knowing that in an emergency, you will be able to explain the circumstances of what you have experienced to someone who can understand you."
"Coverwise (AXA) are all well and good unless you want to make and claim and then they will go through your medical history with a fine tooth comb looking for any excuse not to pay the full amount. Never again with this company!"
"NEVER use axa for travel insurance or anyone underwritten by them. My girlfriend fell ill with meningitis whilst in Hong Kong and needed 3 weeks of treatment. Axa have been absolutely appalling - finding any way of weaselling out of paying and making it confusing and difficult to challenge anything. They made a traumatic experience even more stressful for someone who was suffering from swelling around the brain - which can be made worse from stress. To add insult to injury they have acknowledged their bad treatment of us and offered £100 in compensation but still not dealt with the actual claim which is tens of thousands. We are now having to go through the financial ombudsman. Avoid at all costs."
"Dont expect to ever get a payout from this insurance company. Two claims, one relating to stolen passport and another for missed flight . One matter has been dragged out over a year . They make excuses like losing documents and pass you around Indian call center where its impossible to understand a word. They don't return calls. No one takes control and you get the same template email again and again. Avoid this insurer at all costs."
"I had my holiday insurance with Coverwise. When my father died and I had to cancel the holiday Coverwise told me I was not entitled to a refund because it was a known condition. I was not covered now that he had died because he had prostate cancer. I told them he had prostate cancer for a number of years and it was under control and I had no way of knowing it would have killed him at the time of booking my holiday. There was no compassion and at a time of severe upset and stress they would not return calls when they said, I was passed backwards and forward and had to keep emailing and phoning several times. The advisor kept putting me on hold and asking lots of questions about my Dad's death. This was very upsetting and stressful on top of losing my Dad and now losing all the costs of our family holiday. My Dad was not on the insurance documents, he was not even travelling with us and they then wanted proof and I had to send all my documents to them and a copy of his death certificate! It was appalling service. They then lost all the documents and asked me to go through them all over again! After weeks of ringing and emailing I finally got my money refunded. AVOID AT ALL COSTS."
"Contacted them regarding a delayed flight for which the rest of my party were compensated, needless to say they were not insured with Coverwise. I took out a gold policy and yet when I enquired about claiming they said that delayed flight on a connecting flight was an optional extra and was told to check page 30 of my policy! I am going to persue this claim via other means as they are very misleading and I shudder to think what would have happened had I needed medical attention. This policy cost me £45 for a single trip. Avoid at all costs!"
"AVOID - communication is awful. Still waiting for them to pay out for a straight forward claim made in September. Was contacted at 9pm on Christmas Eve of all times, to which I replied straight away. I didn't hear back from that email until yesterday 6.2.18. Currently asking for info of which they have had since September, stalling payment. Avoid avoid avoid!"
"DO NOT USE. Trying to get through to these people is horrendous. They are either busy or pretend they cannot hear you. When you do get through they say someone will call you back and they don't."
"Because I have a dental appointment planned but not even booked the refused to insure me and my family for annual travel insurance... its just an appointment! Unbelievable"
"Avoid - I have been conned out of the policy fee and been mis-sold insurance. I stated I needed single trip travel insurance for a one night trip within the UK, they accepted my request and insured me. I needed to claim, they have said I am not covered due to my annual multiple trip travel insurance - this is not what I purchased. I let them know my exact requirements and they happily took my money, but are now saying I am not covered now I need to make a claim! Will be taking the matter further with the FOS. Disgusting! I would honestly issue zero or minus 1 start if it were possible, they are that poor."
"WARNING - Be careful before you choose this insurer or their underwriters AXA - quick to be friendly and take your money for cover - but when I had to make a claim after holiday cancellation (due to husband's illness which in itself was very traumatic) - and despite completing complicated forms and getting signed medical certificates and letters from hospital - no payout and they weren't interested in the detail. Very upsetting in the circumstances. Separate insurance company (for my husband) paid, no quibble..."
"Needed emergency surgery while on holiday and can't get through to anyone- all lines on perpetual loops (by design) and no response to over 20 emails...DONT TOUCH this company it is obviously just a front to take money and not under written by AXA as they claim"
"Can't be bothered attitude for returning customer, renewed policy and already had medication on it for myself, renewed over the phone and Coverwise agent made a mistake and put NO medication ?? I checked the policy and noticed the mistake but was told I had to pay again ( twice) and wait for the original refund. This guy wasn't bothered and had a can't be bothered attitude. I asked to speak to his maanger SUE who was too busy to speak to me. I was advised there might be an additional cost for the tablet I take for ANXIETY ??? Check your policy everyone, if its worded wrong then it's classed as your fault. Coverwise didn't seem bothered if I went elsewhere, my advice is choose a company who values their customers. This was my 4th year with them too."
"An absolutely dreadful company, their terms and conditions are very unclear. stranded abroad as flights cancelled and refused to help. out of pocket by £400.00. do not use Coverwise or Axa. Go elsewhere !!"
"They are a con! DON'T USE THIS COMPANY! I called them 6 times and could never get through, they asked me to leave my details but no one ever calls back. On my last call I asked to speak to a manager to complain and they hung up on me. CON COMPANY!!"
"I needed to make a straightforward claim for a loss that happened on my holiday, and having failed to get a response by calling the number provided, I then checked the online reviews (a bit late, I know). The things people have said in previous reviews about calling the number, and them saying they will call you back but not doing so, are correct. I must admit I was worried at that point, so I emailed the AXA team instead and was pleasantly surprised when I received a response within a couple of days. A month later my claim was paid. I did feel the need to chase them several times, at one point I was asked to provide a repair estimate (for a lost item?!), and another time they said they had tried to contact me but couldn't (not true, unless they dialled the wrong number), but I have to say that overall the service was ok."
"I would NEVER use them again. Totally agree with everyone here - appalling (read virtually no) communication (it feels as though they are just stalling to pay out despite me having all the correct paperwork from the hospital etc for something that should have been a very straightforward claim). This still hasn't been resolved and meanwhile I have the hospital asking me for money."
Coverwise is rated 1.33 based on 45 reviews