Blacks Reviews

3PM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Blacks deliver?

How can I contact Blacks?

customercare@blacks.co.uk

Category:
Business & Office

Tell us how Blacks made you happy

"Advertised 2 pairs of shoes for £30. At check out basket said £150. Called to be told it was an error on web page and would not honor the offer. Waste of time, staff have no idea of policy or procedure."
Are you Blacks? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Collect in store, guess what?! A different store was selected. Customer service online and on the phone said can't do anything to change order. Got a refund after 17 days and a lot of time wasted.. Avoid."
"I found the staff very helpful and friendly my item was easy to access and value for cash"
"Prices are about right compared with other shops, however their "Deliver to Store" time scales are beyond belief. It took a week to dispatch, and then almost a week for it to arrive in store. On this basis I would shop else where in future."
"Very good prices I haven't had enough money to buy a coat/jacket in 2 years but blacks had very good coats/jackets for a reasonable price, first time I have ever been and I will definitely be going back."
"Complete incompetence, canceled my items for xmas my boy is in tears. Never ever purchase from these cowboys I should have read reviews about this company. This is a company that should definitely not to missed from the high street."
"So i placed an order on 9.11.18 and I've still not received my parcel. The parcel was delivered to a number that does not exist on our street and now I've been told i will have to wait till 27.12.18 for an investigation. I don't think this is acceptable and i'm not happy as this was two Christmas presents that i ordered. I've emailed and emailed and you get the same robotic reply, the phone number just cuts you off and then they ask you reply to DM on twitter and you get no response. If you want my advice do not order from this company."
"Went to the London Tottenham Court Road branch of Blacks. Very bad experience with rudeness and hostility from the Manager there towards the member of staff who was trying to help me regarding a wrongly priced item and to myself. He was unprofessional and hostile in his manner. I had taken my daughter to this shop especially to get arctic clothing but left in a hurry without purchasing due to the rude manner of the Manager. Would not recommend the Tottenham Court Road store to anyone."
"As with many reviews here already, I have found that there seems to be no coherent service for arranging the delivery of online purchases. I tried ordering shoes in the Black Friday deals and after almost a week of chasing them, I received an email stating that the items had been cancelled. I complained and got the usual blurb response, and then decided to give the benefit of doubt and reorder another shoe. The second experience was worse than the first, with no order acknowledgement at all and no coherent response from blacks to confirm or deny whether the order was proceeding."
"Took 3 days after online order was placed to notified item is out of stock. No alternate resolution offered - item just cancelled. Appalling"
"Black Friday deal, ordered items in two sizes. Collected next day from store. Polite courteous, short wait. Day after collected returned the sizes that were not required with receipt and in original packaging. Short wait for manager to action refund. Refunded back to card no quibble."
"PEOPLE BEWARE...THIS COMPANY IS THE WORST AND CHOCKING RUDE CUSTOMER SERVICE..ORDERED A NORTH FACE SURGE BACKPACK AFTER SEVERAL MESSAGES TO FIND OUT WHERE IS MY TRACKING NUMBER AND THEY SEND ME A KIDS BAG GREEN IN COLOUR COMPLETELY DIFFERENT ORDER AND WHEN I MESSAGE BACK 10 TIMES TO GET AN ANSWER AND A REFUND, THEY PLAYED DUMB AND REFUSED TO COMMUNICATE IN ANY WAY. THEY ARE THE BIGGEST SCAMMERS AND DODGY COMPANY THAT I EVER DEALT WITH. A TOTAL NIGHTMARE OF A COMPANY ...BE WARNED..DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY"
"Thanks to Blacks I just had my worst on-line shopping experience ever. Ordered a bag from Blacks website, and a couple of days later the online system says it's delivered. Great, I thought; except I haven't received it. After a number of phone and email exchanges with their customer service team, they send over a form and ask me to fill in and sign. Apparently it's treated as a dispute; from their point of view I 'claimed' I didn't receive it, but the delivery company (Hermes) recorded I did, hence a dispute. Thanks for trusting your customer Blacks. About 10 days after the original delivery date, I received a letter from a guy, livling in a completely different address (in the same town though so I suppose that's not too far off). It turns out the parcel was dumped at the porch of his house; he said he found it unbelievable how this could happen. Anyway thanks to his kindness I got the parcel back, but only by luck. Blacks' customer service team were happy for me; another case resolved, yay! It's happy ending all around - no one takes any responsibility in the end. Sure, the customer paid for £200 expecting his bag delivered in a couple of days: it was only late by about 2 weeks though?. Sure, the customer had to go to a different neighbourhood to find and retrieve the parcel himself: but you found it didn't you?. Sure, the customer spent a couple of hours in total trying to locate the parcel, and to fill in and sign the form to vow for his honesty: well it's just our standard procedure, so... who cares? Sure, I was promised some good-will gesture compensation but was denied, because I found my parcel in the end so it must have been my mistake in the first place. Fantastic, I'm the only person who lost out in this whole process. At this day and age Blacks online customer experience is just unacceptable. Well I feel I have no other choice but return this item to Blacks, and I will never order from them again."
"Similar to review below I returned an online order within good time, unused and in original packaging but my refund was refused. No right to discuss, they just sent me all the products back."
"Terrible customer service We were sold wrong pair of walking shoes that were totally non- waterproof but when returned to shop we were told no refund would be given. Multiple emails to Blacks later ( different person and response each time!!) we were advised that even though assistant had advised us what to get it was ultimately our decision to buy and once worn no refund is given Clearly do not rely on their ‘specialist’ advice and to be on safe side I would advise shopping elsewhere"
"Very comoetitive prices and divercity of stock will be ahopping here again!"
"I placed an order online the order was processed the payment taken...2 days later email saying order cancelled...I question this in an email to customer service (who to be fair did respond) I emailed questioning the company's practices and stock replenishment and stock control processes...I have worked in both distribution and retail for over 25 years...I know my stuff....after various emails...of no we don't have it to yes we do....all the while the item is still available online and sitting in my basket (I get an email saying they are holding it for me so I don't miss out) anyways cut a long and farcical story short..I reorder as I am assured the item is definitely in the warehouse and it will be delivered to my home address by way of an apology....Have a guess what guys....it's cancelled AGAIN...this company has no clue how to conduct a slick customer based online shopping experience.....also to top it off AFTER ALREADY POINTING IT OUT THE FIRST TIME.....ITS STILL ORDERABLE ONLINE.....shocking company to deal with and they should be investigated for how they conduct their online business.....let's all contact watchdog 🙄"
"Shockingly rude customer service regarding an online order. Not sure they understand the words customer or service... pity as the store staff are lovely. Ordered a gift online in the persons name under my account. They refused to speak to me about the order as it wasn't in my name... No common sense or understanding of data laws. Avoid at all costs!"
"Order Number 601305086 - Took my money, nearly £700 and never received the goods. Do not answer their customer service phone lines or communicate in any way. Total nightmare of a company!!!! BE WARNED..... DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY!!!!"
"Great customer service, knowledgeable and unbiased advice on their products. Definitely will be back."
Blacks is rated 2.72 based on 81 reviews