Barclaycard Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Barclaycard

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Barclaycard?

Tell us how Barclaycard made you happy

Telephone
"Excellent service"
Are you Barclaycard? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Hopeless customer service particularly when phoning,after navigating my way through the automated service,I was then passed to four different people,left on hold and was on the phone for over twenty minutes. I have complained and they have offered a £25 goodwill payment but that's the point,I know three people who have been offered goodwill payments,it's clear they just pay lip service to customer service and couldn't care less about improving it."
"Due to a change in my financial circumstances which are out of my control, I telephoned Barclaycard to discuss reduction of my monthly payments, having never missed one. They were really kind, thoughtful and helpful and suggested that my account be put on hold with no further interest charges and no payments to be made so that I could have some time to sort myself out. DO NOT BE FOOLED!! They said that I would receive Notice of Default letters but to ignore them which I did. Spoke to them a few times updating them of my situation and always very caring. OR SO I THOUGHT! Contacted my Bank to arrange a remortgage to pay Barclaycard what is owed and, GUESS WHAT, they've put a black mark against my previously perfect credit score meaning I cannot now get credit. I telephoned them to complain and explained that their deceitful actions have prevented me from paying them what is owed but they were not interested at all and denied that they told me to ignore the letters. They even refused to accept a new payment plan!! Very deceitful company - wolves in sheep's clothing - steer clear. Now complaining to the Financial Ombudsman."
"Completely useless and unhelpful, some of them don't even speak proper English and call you a liar when you try to explain what's going wrong with your card. I have made some payments from another account and they don't recognize them, but refuse to transfer them back wither. So now I have some money blocked somewhere there and they keep saying I'm late with payments! Absolute morons!!!"
"The worst customer service ever. Usually they don’t know what’s going on, takes a lot of time and a lot of phone call transfer, and you have to explain for them over and over. And after all, they are not helpful. Today I wanted to confirm my change of address before they make decision on my credit card application, and the agent told me there is no way to contact that team, and my application will be rejected because of that. This happened while another agent suggested before to send them the documents with my current address, and then call and confirm it on the phone. Extremely unsatisfying. Will never apply for this card again. They apparently don’t need a customer like me with and excellent credit score of 760. After all, they agent was hanging up the phone on me. Very rude."
"After receiving many letters from Barclayscard that I am pre-approved for balance transfer, I applied for it this morning and shockingly was rejected!!! Why all those efforts and letters and confirmations!! Just to damage my credit??? It says in the letter (with my full name and address) that you have received a confirmation from a credit agency . This is the most deceitful situation that I have ever been!! I know my credit rate and I know it is high enough to get a card. I will complain to the UK banking authorities and will make sure that everyone else knows about this scam!"
"WARNING BE CARE FULL FROM BARCLAYS CARD MERCHANT SERVICE IS A BIG TIME CHEATER. We have started this contract with Barclays Card Merchant service, after taking all terms and condition. they are charging £50 per month additionally when we ask for the reason they said this is because of international card, when we ask for evidence they said they can not provide that means simple cheating and biggest fraud case and this is a bleach of contract, they will charge you account direct debit whatever they want without information and when you ask for explanation you will never have it. We close the contract within first 30Days due to all above issues and we are not at all confident because the way they are doing fraud, they will finish soon, My appeal to the Business community it is our hard earn money which Barclays Card Merchant service will take without a reason so you can deal with them at own your risk."
"Awfull experience realy bad worst company Rude expensive charges slot but give Nothing"
"WORST COMPANY TO DEAL WITH AVOID"
"paid my Barclay card off in January used it a little between then and now nothing major today they reduce my credit limit right down been with them around 10 years really bad service never missed a payment"
"had a barclaycard for tears always paid on time never the minimum amount they increased my limit without asking me but i never abused the credit then i bought a top from j.d.williams for my wife costing £24 which we sent back for credit j.d.williams never did the credit although i did have posted proof and they put me down as a late payment which was for £2.50 barclaycard reduced my limit at a click of the finger i still did not know why when i found out through credit experian i contacted j.d.williams and corrected issue and removed miss payment mark my credit report returned back to excellent informed barclaycard they did not want to know they said they would review me in 4 months and gave me £50 for my troubles wish i had maxed out my card now never use them again they are just a poor company to deal with i have another card elsewhere they understood the issue no problem barclaycard could not be bothered be very careful with them"
"Beware if you only pay the minimum payment required. After many years with Barclay Card, I received a letter informing me my credit limit has been reduced by £3,500 because I have only been paying the minimum amount required. That will affect my credit score as it now appears I have maxed out my card."
"we got scammed on our barclaycard machine barclaycard authorised this transaction ,when it was scam we had to cover the cost,they were no help with the police investigation ,beware do not use this company mess u around with payments and just say we are using new system basically tuff"
"Ridiculously complicated sign in procedure, get it wrong twice and it locks you out. Appalling 'Customer Service' from badly trained and disinterested 'overseas' staff, many of them with such strange accents as to make them difficult to understand, and all delivered over a poor line."
"Their website is appalling! Logging in is extremely difficult and often unsuccessful and when you do get in you can't do anything - can't check balances, make payments, request increases your credit limit - it is useless! They might as well not bother having a website, since nothing works and you always have to telephone them to do anything. So inconvenient and time-consuming!!"
"""Got accepted for a Barclaycard, yes great... Sent 3 yes 3 signed agreements back which apparently they never received. Re-applied only to here nothing back so complained for the 2nd time and they said a manager would call me in 2 weeks ha, I've heard nothing. Very very very poor indeed I have since gone elsewhere"
"Customer service just seemed to be reading from a script and would not listen properly to my questions, just kept coming back with the same answer. Appalling, made official complaint."
"Truly disgusting experience from start to finish, they care nothing about their customers time or money - I strongly advise you to steer clear."
"http://m.mid-day.com/articles/mumbai-crime-53-uk-nationals-cheated-of-rs-18-lakh-in-credit-card-fraud-mumbai-news/18357172 Barclaycard vcc , Mumbai ,india , intellenet global services is the company that barclaycard has outsourced the customer care process.Becarefull while speaking to indian call centers"
"I have received a letter for increasing the balance of my Barclaycard. Unfortunately it did not happen and nobody informed me why till I called them. They explained that my circumstances have been changed before the date of the increasing the limit. I have booked my holiday already based on the letter I have received. They did not inform me than they have changed their mind. Ridiculous! Unprofessional! Shame on you Barclaycard! I closed my account. They are useless !"
Barclaycard is rated 1.76 based on 34 reviews