YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

of reviewers recommend YTA Training and Assessment Ltd
Read YTA Training and Assessment Ltd Reviews

About YTA Training and Assessment Ltd:

Construction training courses and NVQ assessments. Plumbing, Tiling, Carpentry, Joinery, Kitchen Fitting, Plastering, Electrics and Bricklaying.

info@ytatraining.com

ytatraining
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 25th March 2020
Darren Clarke
More Photos & Videos
I have just recently done the 2 day kitchen worktop course and I must say the guy Laurence who was my tutor was excellent he was looking after me and several joiners all at once .
But I came with with what I needed and would highly recommend .
I attended the 10 day joinery course in October 19. The course was well presented with all the materials and tools available. Lawrence, the teacher was always there for you and as the classes were small he could spend plenty of time with each student. He explained and demonstrated clearly and you could tell he was a master craftsman. There was tea, coffee and biscuits available all day. I feel confident taking my skills out on to site now. I would definitely recommend and I’ll hopefully be doing other courses in time.
Thank you for such a great review Philip of your time at YTA whilst completing the 10 day carpentry and joinery course. Much appreciated.

Thanks again.
From the YTA Team
Really great little course. Gave me the confidence and built on my existing skills.

Just what I needed.
Thank you for the 5 star review Chris. Very much appreciated.
I really enjoyed my day plumbing! I went into it with a general fear of plumbing, but I couldn’t believe how much we learnt - working in copper, plastic, solder. The tuition was brilliant - structured, approachable and informative. I’m going to try to book on for more!
Many thanks for the prompt review following the completion of the 1 day plumbing course today Lindsay. Another 5 star YTA review! Very much appreciated. I'm glad you enjoyed the course and we look forward to seeing you on the more courses.
I did a 2 day worktop course. Fantastic training and felt really at ease with everyone making me very welcome. Cant wait to book on next course
Thank you for a great 5 star review following the 2 day worktop course. Very much appreciated.
Was an OK course if I’m honest. Lawrence could of done with not walking off most of the time and going to the joiners every 2 mins when I had questions and was left for more than an hour on my own twiddling my thumbs due to waiting for the next task. Was shown Lawrence’s way to do a worktop but when I got on site at work I was shown how to do it with biscuits and bolts,which at yta I was not shown. I think a bit more detail needs to go into this course e.g shown about fitting and cutting out biscuits. Use decent kitchen cabs instead of cheap knock off stuff. Drag the course out over the full 5 days. I did mine in 4 and had the Friday off. Show how to properly fit and plumb a sink in to live water mains and also show how to fit over hoods in to electric. The course has got lots of potential but at the minute it’s very very bog standard.
We're sorry to hear about your experience on the course. We only have a maximum of 5 students on the course to help prevent waiting for next tasks as much as is possible.
The course description on our website states that we only show the more common masons mitre worktop joint using the router and butterfly bolt fixings and we do not show the less common biscuit joint method. We also do not advertise that we show plumbing in a kitchen sink or the electrical connections to cooker hoods on the kitchen fitting course, these however are covered in detail on the plumbing and electrical courses that we offer.
We’re usually known for our exceptional well taught courses and we regret that we didn’t live up to those expectations for you.
I recently undertook a kitchen fitting course with Lawrence Booth. The course was excellent and I learned a lot. Lawrence was also a great teacher and talked me through each step. I will be back to do the plumbing course at some point! Thanks again.
Hi All.
After many years of carpentery I decided to update my c.v with a NVQ.
It is at that point I realised my struggle with dyslexcia. I plucked the courage to call the first company I saw online.
And what an important call it was.
From the very moment I called YTA and explained my condition to the guys on the office. It wasn't any trouble what so ever to accommodate myself. Firstly Graham. Books you in.
Prior to attending Mark calls you. On that call it's all about the task. Relax! It's easy. With years of skill you will think it's a doddle trust me! Mark is the examiner on the day of the test but to be fair you will already know him. This is due to him going threw everything on the calls leading up to the test day.
You will then receive a plan in the post which is what you'll build on the day.
In the plan pack will be some questions.
Again if in doubt just call The office or Mark. Couldn't be simpler!
On the day. Nerves flowing arrive at the centre nice and early. Booom! Cuppa tea and and choccie bickies.
It really wasn't was I was expecting.
Mark on the day was absolutely outstanding. (Thanks Mark) Graham in the office. Mr cool! Was just so erm? Cool an that.
All my materials all there waiting for me to drink me tea.
Stand by GO.
Nice clean workspace was provided all good timber.
Remember I am dyslexic. Always someone walking around to ask if I was on any doubt at all. I was even asked did I require a blue overlay to read a little easier. They had also had my plans blown up to a bigger size for me.
I really couldn't say it more clearer. Go see the staff at YTA for all your trades certs. I promise you for my experience they have all been truly amazing.
A massive massive thanks to Mark Dale and Graham for all your help throughout every step of my journey.
Ps.

Booooom cert arrived.
Excellent trainers I would advise anyone to take courses with this training center nice people who are there to help and I thank them all from my heart .thank you guys
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 22nd June 2019
I found the intensive 5 day plumbing course excellent. Lyndon gave great instruction with just the right level of input allowing us to go away and figure things out ourselves but always on hand to support when we got a bit stuck. I felt very confident at the end of the course that I can tackle small plumbing jobs at home and on my rental properties, and have already put my new skills to the test!
Great value learned a large amount in only a week lyndon broke everything down into simple steps
Absolute pleasure to work with.
I have sat the full 10 day tiling course follows by a 5day plumbing course and also a 5 day plastering course.
The tutors are all down to earth and easy to get along with, they make sure to keep assisting if and when required, the skills you'll learn are more than just basic necessities but more so the skills, tips and tricks that only years of experience can bring. Everyone is more than welcome to explain queries in depth.

I'm more than looking forward to return and complete the kitchen fitting course next.
Can not recommended YTA as a whole enough!!
Great course content. Great instructors. Nice relaxed learning environment. Lyndon, my instructor, pushed me enough to challenge me but not too much as to overwhelm me. I feel confident I can put into practice what I was taught. Would recommend this training centre to anyone I know. Thoroughly enjoyed my time here.
The training far exceeded my best expectations. I feel able to take on work in the real world safe in the knowledge that I have been given a sound, hands on grounding.
The approach used by the staff is one of realism and draws from a body of experience gained over decades.
I cannot thank the guys enough for everything. I may well be back for more in the future.
I did the 5 day plumbing course which l believe is beneficial to anyone who wants to improve their skills & knowledge in domestic plumbing. The teachers are brilliant and I'm going back to try some other courses
Brilliant! I did the 5 day plumbing course, it was great fun and so informative! Lyndon was a great teacher but all the guys are dead friendly and helpful too. Had a fab group to work with, so it was really relaxed and helpful to work things out together and look at each other’s work. I now feel confident to do things around my house and I can’t wait to start in properties too! Highly recommend doing a course with YTA! I can’t wait to get another one booked!
5 Day Intense Plumbing Course - Awesome, its as simple as that. Excellent trainer (Lyndon), excellent course content, having never plumbed before, the course gave you the confidence and skills to achieve amazing results. Great group of student from a variety of backgrounds.
Simple, if you don`t do it, you will never know what you are missing.
Keep up the great work YTA
Positive
The trainers there are friendly, knowledgeable and very down to earth. Environment and facilities there are in keeping with a real work environment. I was more than happy with what I learnt.

Negative
We are there for a short course and the staff should operate a slightly more disciplined approach to student time keeping, start and end times. This really needs to be like a week at work so you wouldn’t be half hour late so rest of the group has to wait for one or two individuals before the class can start. It’s losing the rest valuable learning time.

This is really important for students to be respectful of others times.
Great team.. Very informative and engaging courses
If you are a property developer or looking for a new skill this place is 5 stars. I searched the UK for somewhere that could do courses to help me with my property developing and found YTA. I looked at the reviews on here and FB and took the leap...so glad I did!!

I'm 45 and having previously worked in offices and no real experience with plumbing or kitchen fitting both these courses were great! The tutors are all time served professionals, friendly, down to earth and you can tell they really enjoy teaching the trade.

The 10 day plumbing course has given my a level of confidence to tackle fitting a bathroom suite, fit and fix radiators and plumb a kitchen. I know how to fix and bend pipes using different methods, understand how a heating system works for both heating and water supply's, and how waste pipes work all the way to the drains.

The 5 day kitchen fitting course was insightful and I feel confident to fit the basic kitchen units correctly. I now know how to use a router correctly and cut worktops to fit using male and female joints, and cut out the cooker and sink areas. You also get advice and tips on how to overcome obstacles.

I can't thank these guys enough and having booked 3 weeks worth of courses I got a free week to choose an additional course. I will be back there very soon
YTA Training and Assessment Ltd 5 star review on 29th January 2019