YourRepair Reviews

of reviewers recommend YourRepair
Read YourRepair Reviews
I was called by a company acting on behalf of your repair after I had done an online search for home emergency cover. I was told they could match British Gas highest cover including a boiler service for £12 less per month. This was a great offer so I accepted. Today I called to make a claim as I have a leak behind my toilet which is not visible as it is boxed in but I had noticed the floor was wet. The call advisor said I wasn’t covered for taps and toilets and for any pipe work that is linked from the water system to a toilet. This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I live in a small bungalow and the pipe work where the leak looks like it comes from everything is connected to this pipe and feeds off in different directions. If this pipe isn’t covered then nothing in my home is technically covered and they won’t send a plumber out. They then denied it was mis sold and said they don’t set up policies over the phone(somebody called me acting on behalf of this company and I set up the policy whilst I was driving in my car)the adviser told me I was lying basically and set it is impossible even though I have the exact date,time and phone number who called me and set it up and took my direct debit details. To sum it all up if you want propper cover and actually need a plumber in an emergency don’t use forms like this to save a few quid per month because when the time comes and you have an emergency they will not help you.
Hi

We're sorry to hear of your concerns, however you are mistaken as we don't have or employ an outbound sales team. Our sales department is inbound sales only. I can see from your account that you signed up on our website directly, on the 21st of June 2018.

As advised on the telephone by our claims adviser when you called to make a claim today on the 9th August 2018: The reason we are unable to approve your claim is because both of your direct debit payments failed due to insufficient funds in your account.

You set up your cover on the 21 of June 2018, your first payment was due on 5th of July 2018 and your second payment was due on the 5th of August 2018.
Following this advice, you were unwilling to pay the outstanding amount, so we were unable to approve your claim.

If you would like to discuss your concerns further, please contact our customer care team on 0330 223 4422 or email customerservice@yourrepairhomeplan.co.uk.

Kind Regards
Sarah
Customer Care team
ONE STAR for asking

For asking for a review on a 12 month support contract that is literally 10 minutes old ?? Doesn't bode well if this company is misleadingly racking up reviews based on customers' experience of merely spending their money and setting up an account?

All their reviews should be from customers that have actually used their insurance and had a repair carried out. IE at the sharp end of the sales process

I will in fairness review my review when and if I have received a service or made a claim and would recommend others do the same ONE Star until appropriate
Would advise anyone who is thinking about switching to NOT go with Your Repair. I never take to the internet to leave bad reviews, but this has honestly been the most dismal experience we’ve ever had and if I can spare someone else the hassle then I’m happy.

Our boiler’s been making odd noises, hot water going on and off, and leaking for some time. We had to constantly adjust the pressure. Assuming something was wrong, we rang Your Repair for someone to come and take a look. We were told that if it was a simple issue such as adjusting the pressure, then we would be charged £90, but we still asked them to come and take a look as we were worried it was something more than this. We’re not engineers, that’s why we have a cover plan!!
The engineer came, adjusted the pressure and left, and we’ve now been charged £90. How were we supposed to know that this was all he’d do, and surely having to do it constantly is an issue in itself? If you feel something is wrong with your health, you go to a GP. If you’re told there’s nothing to worry about then they don’t charge you. They are the experts, you don’t try and diagnose yourself!
Having complained to their customer service (the man we spoke to was very polite and professional) we were dismayed to discover that we were locked into this contract till April and would have to pay to leave. We put in a complaint, and were promised someone would call (we specifically asked to speak to someone) yesterday or today. This morning we receive an email(!) essentially saying that it was our fault for not knowing how a boiler works, that the charge stands and they would not deal with the matter anymore. In my job, leaving a customer this unhappy (my mother was in tears after getting off the phone yesterday) would be completely unacceptable and it speaks volumes about Your Repair that they are satisfied with this. We’re not stuck with boiler cover until April and completely afraid of ever calling them out again lest we will be charged even more money on top of what we’re already paying.

I would strongly recommend that anyone who is not confident with fiddling about with their boilers themselves to NOT use this company. Go with British Gas (why did we ever leave??). I dread to think how they treat their elderly customers who may be even more reluctant to self-diagnose their boilers than we are.
Filled in application online with all details of my boiler all accepted then after they have all your details and direct debit details they send you a welcome pack. In that it says my boiler is one they don’t cover. At which point I have to contact them to cancel. Obviously they already had the boiler details. So why did they need my bank details
Memo to self: Always read the T's and C's in full before signing up. This companies product has so many "General Exclusions" and an "Annual Service" which is only an inspection and safety check, it's not worth having - "caveat emptor"
This company is appalling! They sell you a policy that doesn’t cover what you are paying for. Daylight robbery! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY.
Hi,

I'm sorry that you're unhappy with your plan with us. If you could please provide your full name and address details by email, to aftercare@yourrepair.co.uk, we will be more than happy to look into this further.

Kind regards
Caroline
After Care Team
My boiler has an intermittent fault. Engineers have said they cannot diagnose it unless it occurs in front of them. Really!!! why not test the boiler components to check they are working properly. Still without a fully working boiler nearly 6 weeks after initial problem. My advice would be to save the monthly subscription. Oh and they nearly sanctioned a repair I was not covered for, so I would have had to pay for that as its not included in the plan. No apology when I have rung up. They are not really bothered. Sad really. Was hoping for better, considering I am a key worker in health care working to keep people safe from COVID 19 its a shame a company like this could not help me. I suppose you are just left to struggle if you have a problem and ask 'your repair' to assist. I don't see that on the front of their web page.
Hi Mark,

We’re sorry to hear about your experience. Customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority and we regret that we didn’t live up to your expectations on this occasion. We’d greatly appreciate the opportunity to put things right. Please could you email your full name and telephone number to aftercare@yourrepair.co.uk and a customer advocate will call you back as a matter of urgency.

Kind Regards
Caroline
After Care Team
Simply terrible, first claim in May 2018.

Heating not working, young baby in the house and Raised the claim, three weeks later I hadn't heard anything (i'd been away on business).

I called and was told there was a technical issue and that I should have chased them, Sam said she would call me back that evening. Nothing. Called the next day, Sam is not available the representative told me she can’t access Sam’s email and that they are unable to raise the claim and help me due to a technical issue. Promised call back next day but nothing. The level of effort is extreme. Emailed the MD, no response.

Claim Feb 2019 - Still ongoing, three weeks with no heating and young children, a completely farcical state of affairs. Told to raise a new claim then told to close it out as it will be dealt with on the first claim. Told an engineer is coming out who didn't then told my cover doesn't include non-vented systems which basically means most modern central heating systems. Lack of responses to my queries.

The experience is probably the worst I have ever known and I pay their top package. Little regard was given to the fact I have very young children and I can't heat the house. Do yourrepair care about their customers... The evidence would suggest not.

Three rules - Services need to be effective, easy and enjoyable, none of these have been met.

Advice - Avoid
Hello,

Clearly something has gone wrong here and I apologise we have let you down. I can't trace your account, so if you wish to call us so that we can investigate, we're on-hand. Our number is 0330 223 4422 and we're here until 7pm tonight.

Tom
Aftercare Team
Easy to sign up online, customer service called to see if I was happy with everything.
Very polite and courteous 😁
straight forward with competitive prices and options
I am happy with the service
Quick and easy to set up.
Haven’t had occasion to use the company yet as only yesterday took out the policy, however, the staff have been very helpful and obliging.
No problems
Only just signed up today.
I don't rate this company at all chap came next day then I he didn't come back for four and a half weeks and that was only because I phoned him and asked when he was comeing back to Finnish Central heating and I got nothing but dogs abuse so I phoned an independent gas man he checked my new heating and it has twelve faults including twisted pipes so please don't use stuart clelland gas reliance registered number647728 please don't be ripped off like me this guy is a thief l am disabled and I'm waiting to go into hospital but this guy has no conjiunce be ware of this guy don't use him
Really helpful. Great service.
Took out a three year contract with your repair. On the only two occasions we have had to call them out for plumbing problems they have done nothing. First leak coming from ceiling, sorry can’t do anything. Next leak from toilet. Is the toilet accessible, yes, sorry, WE have to remove toilet before they can do anything. When we have taken out the toilet then they will do the rest, but I presume we will have to put the toilet back. I am 72 and my husband is 75. Tried to cancel contract, no can’t do that so basically paying for nothing. Thank you Your Repair. Please don’t leave a review until you have had your first call out.
Hi,
I’m really sorry to hear your comments. We’d like to take a look into this for you.
A member of the team will be in touch to go through this with you shortly.
Thanks,
Cameron
The sign up administration was good. I hope the rest is as good.
Straight forward and easy to set up, both people I have spoken to have been very helpful.
YourRepair is rated 4.55 based on 3,594 reviews