Your Guitar Academy Reviews

of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy
Read Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Unit 3 Oakhurst FarmHoram

Tell us how Your Guitar Academy made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 22nd May 2020
Jack
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
More Photos & Videos
At the grand old age of 54, I've experienced a few guitar courses and had a few teachers. In my humble opinion I've reached the dizzy heights of being 'OK' as a guitarist. I've played in a couple of bands as lead guitarist so I can get by but I'm not a great player by any means. That's my background.

Over the years I've found DVD and online guitar courses can be extremely variable in terms of quality and often quite disjointed. A couple of weeks ago was looking for a course on playing in the style of Carlos Santana. I can't play particularly fast so melody is very important to make solos work for me and in that regard, Santana is awesome. I found one that I bought from a major online company - it was awful! All it did was show me how to play a solo they'd made up note for note, with no explanation of scales, techniques or rationale. I then came across 'Your Guitar Academy' and there was exactly what I wanted free of charge.

The video lessons are well structured, high quality and full of helpful explanations. In fact, the whole website is well structured and there are courses for all abilities. You really can learn an awful lot here without spending a penny. This is easily the best guitar tuition website I've ever found and I would recommend it to absolutely anyone. The service is friendly, prompt and helpful.

Any gripes? Well, compared to me, Dan looks about 12 years old so it's annoying that he's so young and still such a great player compared to me but to be honest, he comes across so well on the video lessons that I can even forgive him for that!
Emma is an amazing teacher, just finished my tenth lesson, I’m 75 this year never played or even picked up a guitar before until this year, but since losing my wife I needed something to do, she has the patient of a saint and will continue having lessons with her
I have had a great experience with Your Guitar Academy. Efficient communication with regards to lessons, great extras emailed to you every week, and the tutors are awesome! I've improved a great deal since beginning with Your Guitar Academy, and I'm confident it could help almost anyone improve.
(Connor Baxter) - Posted 10 months ago
james is a fantastic teacher, very patient, knowledgeable and encouraging. I have had very good lessons and am making good progress. Would highly recommend to anyone
(James Walker) - Posted 10 months ago
Lessons are great fun and we are learning loads while playing our favourite songs. We always look forward to the next lesson.
(Joel Jordan) - Posted 11 months ago
Alex is very patient with my 7 years old daughter and engages her so well that she longs to always go for classes. I will recommend him to any one looking for a lesson within the area. Thank you.
As a beginner I needed a lot of work and Tiziano had the extraordinary ability to focus on my weak points like timing by teaching me techniques in a fun and effortless way! I highly recommend Tiziano as he has the qualities of a disciplined tutor paired with a friendly approach to encourage practicing and improve your playing!
Our Guitar teacher, Jarrod Elks, is absolutely amazing with my 10-yr and 8-yr old sons who started lessons last Autumn. He is friendly, encouraging and has really been an enthusiastic supporter of the boys' learning. Also, always punctual and good with any communications.

Really recommend him and YGA!
(Jarrod Elks) - Posted 11 months ago
The lessons have been tailored to help expand my knowledge, technique and approach to the guitar. Thanks to the teacher's total understanding and ability to demonstrate different ways to get inside the music, it has changed the way I see the instrument.
(Karol Kudyk) - Posted 11 months ago
The video lessons are constructive and enjoyable. You can find songs and lessons for any genre and any playing style.
Mal Toon, is very patient and encouraging, always trying things in different ways to get to the goal, great teacher, happy pupil.
Bryn has been great!! I started from scratch, never played before. Bryn gives me confidence and encouragement that is needed and all the tools to play the guitar. Every lesson is enjoyable and engaging. Bryn is a great guy, very enthusiastic and always available. Thanks for all the great tuition so far!
(Bryn Parnell) - Posted 1 year ago
Really good course. Dan tailored the lessons to ensure I could achieve what I set out to. In addition, I had a few specific songs I wanted to learn and Dan taught me these and, where the songs were advanced, created adapted versions. Dan was easy to get on with which really helped too. Would definitely recommend.
Alex is Awesome. He always makes the lessons fun and interesting and appropriate to my needs or wants! He is very patient and not judgemental. He is supportive and encouraging and easy going. He challenges gently and when appropriate. Alex is amazing :)
(Alex Barron) - Posted 1 year ago
Just completed my first ten lessons,with my brilliant,very patient fun tutor Jay.Nothings to much trouble for him,if i don't understand something or cant quite get it right,he will go over it slowly and patiently till i do.Iam 53 years old,and have always wanted to try and learn the guitar,and iam so glad ive started.Although i always knew i would be a slow learner with it,iam so enjoying learning and practising the guitar and i really look forward to my lessons.Glad i chose YGA and managed to get a great tutor and would highly recommend them to anyone of any age or ability that wants to learn guitar
(Jay Ledger) - Posted 1 year ago
I think I may have just found myself the perfect guitar tutor – Teodoro! I am thoroughly enjoying my lessons with him; he has such infectious enthusiasm and a personable demeanour. His expectations are both challenging and realistic that I feel I have improved significantly in a short space of time. I am always looking forward to our next lesson.

Teodoro encourages the asking of questions and is very thorough in explaining things when I don’t understand.

It is obvious to see that he has a deep knowledge and passion for his subject matter and puts a lot of effort and thought into each and every one of our lessons.

Teodoro is an absolutely fantastic guitar tutor and I would recommend him to anyone.
(Teodoro Verdossi) - Posted 1 year ago
I've never ben so excited to start playing the guitsr by myself. I come from italy,I had a strong desire to start learning the guitar, and Teacher Dan helped me a lot, everyday thanks to this course I can practise my guitar and I really enjoy a lot doing it. Without Dan, without this course I would've been completely lost , without knowing how to start.
I'm super excited right now, and most of the reason is yours guys!!
Rax has been so far a great teacher for my son Andrew. He had a previous private teacher for months and he was still at same level. It is great to see him improving weekly now and proud of showing off his skills. They also seem to have a very good relationship and Rax keeps him focused which is Andrew's main problem. Great experience with YGA so far!
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 year ago
Tim is a great teacher, very patient and very in-depth when need to be. I’ll be carrying on my lessons 👍🏼
Really great, I love it!
Teacher is super competent & friendly (Zak).
The platform is user-friendly and quite exhaustive.
Super good for any levels who wanna improve.
Thanks YGA!