Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy?

Erika
Verified Buyer

The class was very good. First of all, he is very good at teaching how to play the guitar but also his great knowledge of music theory. It was easy to understand notes and reading scores. I could understand quickly various pieces and songs. Moreover, I could apply my learnings on to other pieces when practicing on my own. With his conducting background I even learn about chord and history of music.

Secondly, he taught me the basics of posture and playing the guitar. Sometimes I missed or forgot to play with basic posture and correct pitch but he always reminded me how important it is to keep basic elements. He has lots of experience: he played internationally so he shared his experience with me such as music sessions in Iraq, India and Argentina. And that motivated me a lot to practice the guitar even more.
At last I can say that his open-minded, friendly and kind personality build a great basis to study the guitar. Together with his professional attitude and know-how, comfortable and joyful time are always guranteed. I can fully recommend Ignacio.
Peter
Verified Buyer

I'm very happy with my weekly lessons with Franco, He's always very helpful, and I can see my progress from a lesson to another !

He's an amazing musician, friendly and always very patient with me.

Would recommend !
Grace
Verified Buyer

My daughter loves her lessons with Ollie. She has progressed really quickly with her playing and I never have to remind her to practice, she does it by herself! I can see her progress by using the online system anytime. I highly recommend this teacher and his company.
Owen
Verified Buyer

Your Guitar Academy and in particular my tutor Will is really great. I'd never Played guitar before but Will helped me to choose a guitar for myself and then having the course to work through is brilliant. Everything seems really well paced and I was able to play whole songs much sooner than I thought I would!
Oscar
Verified Buyer

I'm really enjoying my lessons with Kjartan. I already knew how to play a bit (been playing in bands for years!) when I went to him. He's now really helping me to fill in the gaps in what I know, and the theory stuff is really helping too. I feel like I'm really improving as a player.
Andrew
Verified Buyer

Well thought out personalised lessons that responded to what I needed and wanted to do rather than followed a fixed learning path.

Thoroughly recommended.
Carmel
Verified Buyer

Ryan is an excellent guitar teacher who is patient and supportive. I am progressing well under his tuition. He makes learning guitar an enjoyable experience.

Carmel
Nick
Verified Buyer

The course has been structure to to my current guitar skill level which has greatly improved my playing ability. Sol my tutor is a brilliant skilled musician and it is a pleasure being taught by him.
Andy
Verified Buyer

Excellent easy to follow tuition with a friendly, helpful teacher.
Para
Verified Buyer

I have been learning from Jose over the past few months and am very impressed with the way he handled the lessons. Jose was very detailed, patient and encouraging. Would recommend Jose for anyone that wants to start and start quick.
Phillip

Awesome, excellent tutor
Anna Langham
Verified Buyer

I've had so much fun learning guitar. Before these lessons I tried learning online and had no luck. Can't wait to see how my guitar playing comes along :)
Sam Hardy
Verified Buyer

I've only had a few lessons, but have really enjoyed the way the lessons are structured, plus there course is fantastic. Definitely would recommend them to anyone.
Sol

Fantastic guitar lesson.
Came in as a beginner and starting to really feel confident in my guitar playing!
Reuben
Verified Buyer

Before starting tuition, I had a conversation with my tutor (Matt Lockyer), where he asked me what I wanted to get from lessons. After my first few lessons I could tell that he had taken the time to really consider what I had said and had constructed lesson plans that were exactly on the right track.

I predominantly asked to be taught the theory, with a goal of knowing the fretboard like it was a part of my body, able to jam with ease, and know where I was musically when playing... He also asked me what kind of stuff I liked to play, so I reeled off a few bands, what I liked etc... Come the next lesson he'd learnt one of the songs I'd mentioned and figured out how it applied to the theory we were learning, and the other areas of theory that the particular song explored. This has really helped me engage with the lessons, and has made learning the theory really exciting.

The lessons are definitely bespoke, and you can clearly notice your own progression.

Matt's very personable, and delivers the lessons at a professional level in a relaxed friendly way. For me this makes the lessons really enjoyable, worthwhile and fantastic value.

Andrea
Verified Buyer

The course is great, with a clear and simple structure to follow, tailored around what I really want to achieve. The teacher is a real pro and can gauge how much I can be pushed at each session
Emma
Verified Buyer

I'm always looking forward to my lessons with Matthew! Not only am I learning so much, I'm also having a lot of fun. I feel so at ease and really eager to come back and learn more.
Vicky
Verified Buyer

My tutor Matt has really made learning the guitar fun and exciting! I am finally able to to play some of my favourite songs that I have been struggling with for years. He explains all the information very clearly, breaking down how to practice the areas I struggle with and inspiring me to carry on at home. Very happy with my results so far!
Chloe
Verified Buyer

I've been playing on and off for 20 years, but never quite made any serious progress and was never able to piece together all the various scales, chords and songs I've learnt over the years. That's all until I finally decided to get some proper lessons and found Your Guitar Academy.

They sent me to Ryan and I haven't look back since. Ryan is an incredible tutor, able to deliver every single lesson at a pace that suits me, whilst still challenging me each week. We cover great songs and great solos, but always dig a little deeper to make sure I can apply all the ideas to my own playing. The website also massively helps me stay focused as all the material are laid out neatly online.

I cannot recommend YGA and Ryan highly enough, if you're on the edge and unsure wether or not to take lessons, just do it!
Sissi
Verified Buyer

Simone is a great professional tutor. He's patient and he taught me many different styles on guitar. YGA website is easy to use and you can practice the lesson's assignment everywhere from mobile!
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.97 based on 196 reviews