Your Guitar Academy Reviews

Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 6th October 2017
Trevor
Your Guitar Academy 5 star review on 31st July 2017
Jimmy
At this point in time, I have completed eight of my ten lessons, and I've thoroughly enjoyed each of them. My tutor, Luke Edwards, has been fantastic. He has made sure that the course has ran at the right pace for me, and has also made it all the more enjoyable by including songs to learn that I personally like. The only thing I don't like about the course is that it's coming to an end! I have taken on learning guitar in the past, as a kid and in my teens, but I didn't stick with it. I thought I was destined to be an air guitarist forever. But Luke has changed all that. The only thing preventing me from re-booking another lot of lessons immediately is lack of funds. As soon as I'm flush, I'll be booking more. I just hope Luke will provide me with some learning materials to tie me over in the meantime, so that I can continue progressing. Massive thanks to YGA! It's been brilliant.
(Luke Edwards) - Posted 1 year ago
Learning Bass guitar with Karol
Brilliant, teaches at my pace and adapts to my skill set ,but pushes me just enough to learn but with no pressure.
(Karol Kudyk) - Posted 1 year ago
I wish to say Chris is the most inspirational and patient kind tutor ever. His knowledge and thirst for teaching others is a joy to see. Thank you Chris. Your one in a million. Professionalism personified.
Had my first lesson 2 weeks ago, I can honestly say it was a pleasure and Emma my tutor was outstanding. I had so much encouragement that I had a second lesson. This is the start off my "guitar adventure" and really looking forward to lesson three.

Many Thanks Guitar Academy.
Great website for beginner/intermediate player or someone getting back into playing guitar. The lessons are clearly articulated and provide jam tracks for practice. They also provide a clear path that builds on previous lessons and provides enough of a challenge to make it interesting. Lessons are to the point and keep you interested in what's next. Fun and enjoyable! Highly recommended!
I’m taking lessons with Dave and I’m loving it!
He is very informative and he answers all my questions in detail. He makes the sessions fun, and understands that I’m a beginner and takes it at a really good pace. I’m already making progress. He also helped me pick my first guitar which I bought!
(Dave Golbraich) - Posted 1 year ago
Connor is an exceptional guitar teacher. He is personable, knowledgeable and accommodating. He has really made a difference with our 6 year old son already - even after just a few lessons. I really like the way the homework is clearly set out online too.
The on-line courses are the best around. Step by step and easy to learn - also supported by e-book and mp3 backing tracks.
Great range of lessons and techniques of different players.

Well done to the YGA team !
What an incredible resource available to guitar players of all levels.
I use the library of online lessons and have been so impressed by how professionally they are produced and how simply they explain the key points.
Perhaps most amazing is that it is all available free of charge.
I use the website most days and after 24 years of playing my own way I am now making better progress than ever.
Thanks Dan and team.
Steve
My daughter is 7 loves her Guitar lessons with Kieran. She is doing amazing
(Kieran Crockett) - Posted 1 year ago
lessons with Simone. Very professional and a great teacher.
(Simone Galdelli) - Posted 1 year ago
A big thank you to Dan at Guitar Academy!
Being an older hacker who came from a classical guitar background and has been lazily playing acoustic chords for years Your Guitar Academy has bought a new lease of life to my playing. Dans Stevie Ray Vaughan lessons have given me access to my guitar heros licks and techniques so that I can now listen to SRV and understand more of whats being played.
I've tried watching youtube to learn but they all fall short, the YGA lessons pages are awesome - with the videos, tabs and visualisations complement the clear teaching so well - I'm inspired.
Got my guitar mojo back!!!!!!
Thanks Dan
Dan is a legend. Great with my son and an inspirational musician.
(Dan Grice) - Posted 1 year ago
Alex Barron is an intuitive, calm, supportive teacher, who has the expertise to set me tasks that are enjoyable but also challenge me. His advice is encouraging and I learn a huge amount during our weekly hour-long session.

By the end of the first lesson I was playing a Stereophonics song. My ego was inflated beyond belief. I walked home with my guitar case on my back. People looked at me differently. I was now a musician.

Subsequent lessons involved more guitar chords, Mnemonic Acronyms so that I could remember the order of the guitar strings EBG DAE, finger positioning; moving through more songs onto more difficult things like barre cords.

Alex moves at my pace. He can instantly judge if I’m struggling with something and always finds an alternative solution so that I can learn and retain the information.
My takeaway tasks involve, consolidating what I have learned and, also, a hint of what’s coming next.

I really look forward to my lesson with Alex. He's a top talent and I look forward to receiving more tuition from the Jedi Master of guitar.
(Alex Barron) - Posted 1 year ago
I've done 10 lessons with Alex, and the improvement is really satisfying, he's very knowledgeable and really great at understanding the things I'm struggling to do (even though he's like the best guitar player ever). He's genuinely a really lovely person, and is never too harsh when he's teaching.
(Alex Barron) - Posted 1 year ago
My son enjoys his weekly guitar lessons. He has learnt a lot in the space of time since he joined. He is a very happy student. Thank you 😃
I have now completed 10 lessons with Toby and my technique and understanding of the guitar has certainly improved significantly.

Toby is a knowledgeable professional and is therefore able to ensure that I understand what I am doing and that I can put it into practice.

The lessons are very enjoyable and I am given assignments that are relevant and challenging.

I certainly intend to book another 10 lessons to take me into 2020.

Thank you Toby.
(Toby Snowden) - Posted 1 year ago
I am very satisfied with the course content, the teaching that Zak has provided has been excellent. He has been unfailing approachable and supportive. I enjoy the lessons.
Cannot speak highly enough of Evan at Guitar Academy. He is a great teacher, and a great guitarist. My 7 and 11 year old love the lessons with him, and he is doing a fantastic job. He keeps them interested and really shows a depth of knowledge about a subject that is obviously a passion. Thank you Evan, and Guitar Academy.
(Evan Graham) - Posted 1 year ago
I have been training with YGA (learning Electric Guitar) since May 2019 and I am very satisfied with it. The course is designed very well and help me understand the basics. My instructor Rax Behéshti (Brighton) is an excellent teacher - very calm. I like the way the sessions are structured, giving time to recap what is learnt in previous sessions and learn something new in the current session. Rax always inspires students to practice the instrument and appreciates as well when you perform well. He is always open for discussions and answer any query I may have. This approach encourages me and I look forward to next lessons. I would thank YGA for the online backing tracks and practice materials available to students and would highly recommend to all who wish to pursue playing an instrument.
(Rax Behéshti) - Posted 1 year ago