Your Guitar Academy Reviews

100% of reviewers recommend Your Guitar Academy

How would you rate Your Guitar Academy?

Gill
Unverified Reviewer

Bradley is a great teacher - in just a few months we have learnt plenty. He is encouraging and patient, providing us with confidence to develop our skills. I would thoroughly recommend him! - Huge thanks
Jack
Verified Buyer

Gonsalo is my daughter’s guitar teacher and she absolutely loves the lessons. He has shown her a lot in a short time and she looks forward to the lessons every week!
Harry
Verified Buyer

Great lessons, would recommend to anyone! He is a brilliant player as well.
Rebecca
Verified Buyer

Me and my wife have been having lessons with Matt for a few months now and it has been very good. The lessons are very enjoyable and we get through a lot. Between lessons, the communication with the tutor is fast and easy and he is always there to help. Awesome!
Adam
Verified Buyer

It has been great to have lessons with Jay at YGA. His teaching is very good and I enjoy the lessons a lot.
Booking the lessons is very easy and the whole process has been very smooth.
Louise
Verified Buyer

I have loved my lessons with Leanne so far. She has been very clear and made the lessons fun. :)
Bill
Verified Buyer

I have really enjoyed my first 10 weeks ,I must admit it is harder than expected. But Tom is a very patient teacher and very encouraging.
I do feel I am making progress and do intend to continue with my lessons.
Jes
Verified Buyer

Tom knows his stuff and is a really nice guy too. In the introductory session he was quick to assess what level my playing was at and develop the lessons tailored to suit my specific goals which we discussed in detail at the outset. He has a friendly approach, but he is thorough and professional and the lessons are presented in a fun and non intimidating way. They are also challenging at the same time. He is ever mindful to push you outside of your comfort zone and build on what you already know to keep on developing. This applies to both the music theory and technique side of playing. This is exactly what you need if, like myself, you have become stuck in a rut and never really progressed after a number of years of playing on and off. I would recommend him to others without hesitation.
Luigie

he;s my guitar champ
Simon
Verified Buyer

Simone is an excellent teacher. In a short time he has really helped me to stabilise my technique. I play live a lot and Simone's teaching is really helping me to stabilise my playing and helping me become more confident with the pressure of live performance.
Barbour
Verified Buyer

Having only ever played the piano bit at school, I was basically a total musical beginner. Zak has got me to a point where I can play a lot of songs in a short time. I hope to continue and learn lots more! Love the lessons.
Eleanor
Verified Buyer

Franco is an absolute legend! The lessons are fun and Franco is able to keep me focused and on track and learning quickly. Best guitar teacher I have had ever!
Shana
Verified Buyer

My daughter and I have been having lessons with Gonsalo at YGA since the summer and they are so good. The course is amazing and the online tools really help. Mia loves the lessons and looks forward to them every week, as do I!
Vanessa
Verified Buyer

Jay’s lessons are great! I’ve been playing for a number of years now but had become stuck and wasn’t progressing. I decided to take some lessons to get myself back on track. He has been able to tailor the lessons to my needs, and really pushes me to improve.
Holly
Verified Buyer

I’ve just finished my first 10 lessons with Leanne and have enjoyed every one. She is patient, clear and genuinely enjoys what she does. I am a complete beginner but thanks to her guidance, I’m progressing fast! I would thoroughly recommend her lessons to anyone.
Phil
Verified Buyer

Your Guitar Academy is an easy way to learn to play the guitar. I recently started taking lessons with Emma in Birmingham. She is a very positive and patient instructor, who takes the time to explain, reassures and praises constantly. I enjoy attending the lessons and have already developed some ability to be able to play. Your Guitar Academy also has an online service, much of the content is free once using their instructors. The online material includes session notes, online content and additional content. Furthermore, the online section provides video tutorials that many other sites charge for on their own. I would recommend this service and intend to continue using them for a good while yet.
James
Verified Buyer

I can't recommend Kjartan and Your Guitar Academy enough. Firstly, the Your Guitar Academy set up and software is fantastic - the online lesson plans and videos that you can access any time to practice are excellent, really useful and easy to follow. Secondly, the tutor Kjartan is everything you want for a tutor teaching a beginner - he's patient, polite, and keeps interest up constantly by mixing up learning modern pop songs, rock standards and a bit of classical. Mia loves her lessons and looks forward to them every week - 6 months in and she still loves the guitar.
Snezana
Verified Buyer

Pete is an amazing teacher! Thank you!
Ross
Verified Buyer

Over the years I've gone through quite a few guitar instructors but never really managed to get to a level I was happy with, not did I ever find someone who really had a teaching style that I could really engage with. That stopped the day I had my first lesson from Dan at Your Guitar Academy. Since then I've had many lessons with Dan and my guitar playing has come so far! Not only do I now call my self a decent guitarist, with some guidance from Dan I've bought some pretty cool kit and now have my own band and gig regularly. The lessons with Dan feel more like hanging out with a friend, his method is to always listen to what I want to achieve and I find he goes out of his way to ensure that the skills I learn are something I can continue to practice even outside our lessons. I would recommend anyone to choose Your Guitar Academy if you are learning for the first time or building on existing skills (as I was) and I've since recommend him to friends. Cheers Dan for all your help and I'll see you next week!
Victory
Verified Buyer

Fantastic teacher! So encouraging, professional and helpful.
Your Guitar Academy is rated 4.97 based on 196 reviews