petTracer Reviews

Read petTracer Reviews

About petTracer:

Know your cat’s whereabouts
The world’s most advanced GPS Cat Collar

Tell us how petTracer made you happy
petTracer 5 star review on 12th March 2021
petTracer 5 star review on 20th December 2020
Madeleine McDonald
petTracer 5 star review on 20th December 2020
Madeleine McDonald
Having tried another tracker which was 2g based and become totally disillusioned with it never ever working, I researched and liked the look of pet tracer so thought I would give it a try. The difference is incredible. Totally reliable always working. We simply could not live without these devices. As a multi cat household we now have 5 of these devices. And 2 years on I have never failed to retrieve a collar the cat has lost in a fence of brambles. Support is fantastic. If there is another tracker out there half as good as this I would love to see it !
I tried a number of pet trackers and none match up to the accuracy and quality of the petTracer one. My cat went never goes missing and very rarely goes off for longer than 2hrs max. We recently moved and purchased a couple fo trackers, the one he had on just didn't;t seem to maintain a signal or pin point his location. The worst happened when he disappeared for 13hrs and when we tried to locate him there was nothing, you obviously think the worst. We saw PetTracer and he did the same, I loaded him and cold not believe how accurate it was in locating him. I think he was also shocked to hear my voice call his name when he strayed further than he usually does.
I love the fact I can find my cats and know there usual hunt places. I find sometimes its not as accurate as it should be but its all about getting used to the system. Its also a great to get a email when the collars need charging.The collars also have a light that you can switch on via your phone when out at night. Yvonne
It is very reassuring to see on the app where my cat is now instead of worrying about her going awol again. The app is very user friendly and i find the LED light very useful when getting her in once dark.
This is the first time I have bought a GPS collar for my cat, and I really a, glad I did! It is great to be able to see where your cat is, where they tend to go and help find them if they have been gone too long. It is good quality and their price plans are brilliant, making it affordable. The only reason I didn’t give 5 stars is due to a lack of reflective surface on the collar. My cat is pure black and I would have liked to have had reflective part of the collar for his safety in the evening. It is definitely worth the money. The collar is light and not too bulky, which is perfect. I would highly recommend.
I'm really happy with my petTracer which I purchased after my cat disappeared for 8 days. People said leave him to come home but I searched day & night & he was lost & trapped. This gives me peace of mind & really helps you to learn your pets pattern, meaning if anything is amiss you'll know sooner rather than later!
Really pleased with this . Shaky start but that was down to my computer skills not being up to scratch . Lots and lots of support from pet tracer and when I got the collar up and running extremely happy with it !! I can keep a track on my young cat and easily see where she goes .
Would definitely recommend this !!
Finally, I always know where my kitten is. I love it, thank you
As a cat owner of two new kittens, I fully researched a number of products and decided on petTracer for the GPS and Radio options - as the most likely place a cat will get locked in is a shed meaning GOS may not work.

The initial setup was flakey - didn’t recognise devices but working in IT I know how to fix these, a novice may struggle. Also website kept popping up in the wrong launage.

But Once up and running, we have been extremely pleased with the way it works. Battery life is an issue but we have it on middle updates while they are still exploring my neighbours gardens, this should improve when we set it to the lowest (although 30 days seems a stretch).

Gives a real piece of mind, and glad we purchased this.
This has been a great purchase and does exactly what we need.. Shows us where the cat is and the areas he frequents.
Not cheap but the peace of mind it gives is worth the money.. Best device out in market place currently.
My only reservation and therefore 4stars is the lack of helpline and the setting up and use is not as straightforward as it could be.
One star is way too much for this “tracker”.
I cho to buy as is double the price of others, so you expect the you get better service. For one month, the only thing I can hear from the support team is what the device cannot do. I'll start with that the positions showed in the app are often not accurate, it happened many times that my cat is my garden and I can see it, but the app is showing him a few houses away. They offer live tracking, for a month live tracking worked three times for me, the rest of the time the collar has no connection. A few days ago my cat come home without a collar, they advised me to make my home station mobile and go out to search it, they sent me a screenshot with possible position of the collar, I walked nearly twice the diameter they showed me, and guess what, no collar found .
The customer service is offering me to buy a new one, so why a reasonable person would like to buy a second time a product which clearly doesn't work as they claim???
The PetTracer is excellent - gives us real peace of mind as well as an interesting insight into our cat’s wanderings - a great purchase.
Did a load of research to make sure we were buying the best cat GPS collar, and petTracer has definitely delivered. Not heavy or bulky for even our relatively small cats, battery lasts a long time, and all the tracking is working nicely.
We bought PetTracer collars for our 2 cats after one of them went missing for 4 days, the longest days of my life! We now know where to find them if they do ever go missing again.
The Pettracer collar is a very good product. The collar itself is solidly made (unlike another "similar" product that I bought first and returned as useless). It is reasonably straightforward to set up and the app is easy to use - I am in my dotage and with a little helpful help from the Pettracer team got it working quickly. My cat - 3.7kg - wears it with no resistance at all. It was a huge reassurance to me when I first let her out after rescuing her in December. She is a wild thing and I feared she'd disappear. The system lets me follow her movements and be reassured that she's not too far away - she's been about 1/2 km away at most so far - and always managed to find her way home. The Pettracer system is more expensive than others but it definitely works and I'd say is good value for money.
petTracer 5 star review on 12th March 2021
Not being very Tech savvy I had a few issues getting set up initially, but the guys at Pet Tracer got these sorted for me very quickly. Having lost our little Munchkin for 5 days when it was snowing and freezing at night, and the searching and worrying we went through, we decided he needed a tracker.Now our cat Emmett has his collar, we feel far happier knowing where he is, and was surprised to see how far he goes on his 30 minute trip out. Well worth the money for peace of mind.
petTracer 5 star review on 11th March 2021
A very useful piece of kit as can now keep track of my cats whereabouts.
Only downside is the collar comes off way too easily, the location is not always exact so spent many hours looking under hedges for it. Would help if the collar had other colour choices not just black!
not a bad device. Easy to setup and having GPS and radio is a big plus.

The 2 cons I have are the battery life and the precision of the GPS. In most cases I am using the standard mode and the battery doesn't seem to last longer than 2 or 3 days.

The GPS sometimes is about 30 meters off the actual position.
Brilliant device as interesting to see my cats movements but not always accurate, cat has come home but still says he’s elsewhere! Other frustrating thing is collar comes off way too easily.
Why didnt I know about you earlier!? :)
Super happy with the new collar for my gorgeous Kanye.
Thank you!
ps: the reflective bands are a must. Yellow is visible a mile away which is good for cats crossing roads.
Works well. Love that I can track my cat Rahulio’s whereabouts and have learnt a lot more about his daily routines. Setup was easy for me but perhaps could be easier. The map is the same as Google Maps so it shows the area where I live in detail
petTracer is rated 4.56 based on 124 reviews