Curious Maths Reviews

5 Rating 24 Reviews
of reviewers recommend Curious Maths

saratilley@curiousmathsltd.co.uk

Tell us how Curious Maths made you happy
This is an excellent resource for teachers and parents and I would highly recommend subscribing.
Curious Maths has been a saviour for both myself and my 10 year old son. Over the last 3 years Sara has supported my son with his maths at school and has given him the confidence to succeed in maths. He now has a strong understanding of maths through his use of resources and can apply this knowledge to difficult problems. Sara's explanations have made maths fun and simpler for both him and me and we couldn't thank her more.
The website is easy to navigate and full of supportive materials and ideas to support children and parents at home. The videos are very informative and Sara's clear explanations and modelling are very helpful to support parents' own subject knowledge development.
A great addition for the children in the room. The sessions are excellently planned and executed by Sara and the children are always engaged and eager to attend and demonstrate what they have learnt. There is a great emphasis on problem-solving, reasoning and encouraging the children to explain how they know something which instils a deeper mathematical understanding. I would highly recommend!
Sara's value is visible from the outset. My daughter's confidence in maths has grown considerably whilst having fun at the same time. I have learnt a lot as a parent about some of the techniques Sara uses too which is helpful when trying to assist her in homework.
An absolutely brilliant resource for parents and children. Easy to follow and a rich variety of tasks to support children’s maths in school.
This is an excellent resource for parents to help their children become confident mathematicians. Maths is taught very differently in schools now and this resource supports you to navigate the maths national curriculum.
Sara Tiley is a Primary Maths guru and her website is designed to help parents help their children. Her video clips are super helpful to see how things are done at school. A fabulous website and resource!
An excellent resource for parents and children. Such clear examples in the videos that everyone can understand - a wonderful way for parents to become confident in supporting their children's maths learning. Particularly love the game video ideas!
This is a fantastic website which is aimed at empowering parents to be able to help their children in learning maths. I really like the ‘how to teach’ videos’ - they have given me an understanding of how maths is taught today in schools so that now I can help my daughters at home. I’ve got loads of new ideas for fun maths games to play at home and the ‘games videos’ explain really clearly how to play them and why they are so helpful in developing maths knowledge. There is so much to this website and I now feel more confident when supporting my children with their maths homework and helping them prepare for their year 6 SAT’s. Thanks so much. I’ll definitely be recommending it to other parents
Sara and the team provide excellent support for children and now for parents too. It’s great to have targeted support that really helps parents to engage with their children’s learning and in the process helping improve mathematical understanding.
As a mum and a maths coordinator, I have learned so much from Curious Maths. I cannot recommend enough the excellent ideas, game and advice that this website is brimming with.
The level of subject knowledge and quality of support is exemplary. The vision and drive to ensure all children love Maths and the opportunity to support parents is totally brilliant. Maths in my setting has improved greatly and teachers' subject knowledge and confidence in maths is now strong.
Curious Maths content and approach to learning has been invaluable to my 10 year old’s learning. He looks forward to using the site and his confidence has grown immensely in maths but also other subjects too. My son now genuinely enjoys maths which makes my job as a parent so much easier!
Curious Maths is a fantastic service for children and parents. I’ve been able to learn new mathematical concepts that I can use to teach my children with. Maths has become so much fun in my classroom!
Curious Maths 5 star review on 8th May 2022
Amazing support throughout. Is always at the end of an email. Provides amazing support and tips which help move children on. I would highly recommend!
Fantastic materials and tools for maths at all levels! We used Curious Maths to get a head start in expanding our child’s learning of maths as she heads towards her 11+. We found the material to be intuitive, rich, relevant and the style/format of teaching connected really well with our daughter. High recommended!
I am a primary school teacher and have worked with Sara Tilley for many years. Sara has transformed the way my school teaches maths and has helped develop mine and my colleagues subject knowledge and pedagogy in maths. As a maths leader one thing I find a challenge is to provide support for parents which is trustworthy and easy to use. This is where curious maths comes in! The parents subscription provides loads of fantastic videos to help support parents understanding amongst lots of other bits of useful information.
I have had the privilege of working with Sara as a teacher and parent. I have not known anyone so passionate and incredibly in-tune to the children and how to break down maths and challenge in a way to inspire children. Her videos are so helpful, broken down very simply in a way where you can model and explain to your child, through the curriculum. She is so helpful and inspirational- so excited that we can access her everywhere.
As a parent, I found the videos incredibly useful for my child. The videos are clear, they are easy to understand and are extremely helpful. My subject knowledge in maths are quite weak and these videos have been a huge help. It has not just benefited my son but also me. Can’t thank you enough Sara, you are amazing!
Curious Maths is rated 5.00 based on 24 reviews