Crazy Color Reviews

of reviewers recommend Crazy Color
Read Crazy Color Reviews

About Crazy Color:

Crazy Color® was launched in 1977 in the midst of the punk rock explosion in Britain. In a time that anarchy and free expression ruled supreme, one hairstylist was growing tired of the same natural color palette. Renato Brunas was at the height of his hairdressing career and was set to push the boundaries of color even further when he developed a new range of rainbow shades. Thus Crazy Color® was born and over 40 years later our ethos is the same, we want you to express yourself unapologetically. In every iconic pink bottle is a color that is ready to turn heads. Don‘t be the trend make your own. Mix it your way to create a shade to match your style. Our range has expanded to 41 colors over the years and each decade gathers new fans. They continue to inspire us and remind us that hair color has no limits.

So what are you waiting for??? It’s time to live your life in color!

Tell us how Crazy Color made you happy
It is good and covers all my grey
Hi, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are so glad that our product covers your greys bet your hair looks fab 🌈.
More guidance would be useful
Hi, thank you for the review and feedback; we really appreciate it. This will be taken note of and is something that we want to have more consistently across our website; in the future. For now, If there is anything our website fails to answer for you then please feel free to contact our customer service team.
Ordered Violette dye and it is blue. Not even a hint of purple. Not really impressed.
Hi Helen, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are sorry that you have had a negative experience using Violette. We recommend lightening to a level 9 or 10 (blonde) before application to achieve rich violet hair. This will also ensure that there is no remaining color in the hair that may impact the result. There is also a digital shade chart available on our website on each product page for guidance on the color achievable.
The order didn’t come yet I can t rate anything because the order didn’t arrive yet I order that to Portugal probably some mistakes are maide in this order
Hi Mariana, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. Sorry that you have not received your order or any correspondence from our customer service team. We at this time are unable to deliver orders out of the UK so you will have been or will be refunded. We are continuing to look into international delivery and hope to deliver to you in the future.
Ordering, delivery and application we're all straightforward and simple, and on day 1 I loved the result. However 3 days later after 1 wash (using the purple preserve shampoo), the purple colour has become very blue. Would review this product higher if it lasted longer. As it stands, the blue is fine, and I will simply apply more dye for "an occasion", but I would have liked a "semi-permanent" dye to have retained its colour for longer.
Hi, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are glad that you found the ordering process straightforward, received your order quickly, and loved the initial color. Our hair color with the correct aftercare should last up to 8-12 washes. Some of our recommended aftercare tips are to not wash your hair for 48hrs after dying. Use a good shampoo and conditioner when you do that's kind to color. However, there is more information available on our website or you can contact our customer care team.
Not bad. Delivery was good and colour was not that good.
Hi, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. Sorry, you did not like the color of the product that you ordered. However, we are glad that you received your order quickly.
Second purchase - easy to use website and quick delivery. Sadly the colour ‘marshmallow’ didn’t work at all. I have very light colour hair but it didn’t have any effect at all. The Rebel UV one has worked at putting a pink shade in, albeit it was the shade I had expected with marshmallow. I sent an email 11 days ago to report this but as yet no reply.
Hi Sarah, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are so glad that you found our website easy to use and received your order quickly. However, are sorry to hear that you did not get the result you wanted when using our products. Also, the delay that was experienced when you contacted our customer service team. We believe that they have now responded to your email and can only apologise for the customer service you experienced on this occasion it will be looked into.
This is the third time I buy from you guys and whilst I had always been satisfied before, this time I wasn't as I received the wrong product. That wouldn't have been an issue as long as the original product was then sent back after I notified you guys, but it seems like my complaint about it was ignored. I'm a bit disappointed by that and I hope this doesn't happen again to any other customers.
Hi Ieva, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are sorry that you have had a negative experience with our customer service team on this occasion and this will be looked into. We hope that this experience will not prevent you from using our products in the future.
I was impressed with the customer service, my dye showed up on time and the instructions were very clear. I used capri blue and, that said, if you’re going to put it on dark blonde/light brown level 8 hair be aware that it will turn more faded teal. I don’t hate it, and it’s given my hair the change it needed.
Hi, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are glad that you received good customer service, delivery and were happy with the result of our product. Be your hair looks fab 💙
Easy to order. Everything I needed was there.
Hi Nichola, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! We are so glad that you found our website easy to order from.
Super Fast delivery
Hi Maija, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it and are glad that you received super fast delivery!
The colours are very vivid when first applied but fade very quickly. I brought the purple shampoo to try and prolong the colour but it didn’t make too much of a difference.
Hi, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it. We are so glad that you found our colors to be vivid. Our hair color with the correct aftercare should last up to 8-12 washes. Some of our recommended aftercare tips are to not wash your hair for 48hrs after dying. Use a good shampoo and conditioner when you do that's kind to color. However, there is more information available on our website. Our Vibrant Purple Shampoo helps to preserve the vibrancy of color however aftercare advice does need to be followed to prevent fading.
First they sent me the wrong order, but solved it quite quickly. So far I'm happy with the products, even though the pine green sticks to the hands quite a lot.
Hi Camilla, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! We are sorry that you had a negative experience but hope we were able to rectify that. When applying all of our semi-permanent colors we do recommend gloves to be worn. However, if you need any advice on how to remove stains then please feel free to contact our customer service team.
Was recommended Crazy Colour by my hairdresser when I bleached my hair. I thought I'd bought a fake from Amazon when the marshmallow dye didn't work, so I bought direct, but the same thing happened! The candy floss is good but the pale colour it fades to (which is what I was aiming for with the marshmallow) is nicer. I wish I knew why it didn't work. Hair is ashy, I keep it on 30 minutes.
Hi Tannith, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! Sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience using our products. We recommend for Marshmallow to lighten your hair to a level 10 (blonde) before using. If you have any more questions please feel free to message our customer service team who are always happy to help ☺️
The service was great, but the products didn't work very well on my hair. The rose gold cream barely showed, and the pink shampoo also didn't deposit any pigment. I have a ginger base hair, so maybe it's the case that they only show in light blonde hair.
Hi Daniela, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! We are so glad that you were happy with the service that you received. Rose Gold is one of our lighter shades we recommend lightening your hair to a level 9 or 10 (blonde) before using. That may be why it did not make quite the impact you had hoped for.
You need to show its a conditioning creme and not a hair dye, kinda disappointing
Hi Grace, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! We are sorry that you were disappointed with our products. Our conditioner does not have any color pigment in it. However, our hair color with the correct aftercare should last up to 8-12 washes.
I am in my 60s and my hair is going white at the front still brown everywhere else. I applied rose gold Crazy Color to the white area, having followed instructions to wash and towel dry hair. and left it on for 30 minutes. Results were disappointing - a barely discernible pinkish tinge in good light. My hairdresser then applied burgundy streaks to the brown/grey areas and again we left it on for 30 mins. Results were better, subtle but noticeable. I'll continue to use it up but it's a pity the rose gold doesn't really show.
Hi Jane, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! Sorry to hear you were disappointed with our product Rose Gold is one of our more subtle shades. For next time you use our product if you would like some advice on how to make the color more impactful, contact our customer service team.
The Hot Purple had an upsetting amount of blue in it and completely ruined the two days of work I had put in to remove my previous blue color :/
Hi Caroline, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it! Sorry that you have had a negative experience with one of our products. Hot purple is described on our website as having blue undertones.
Brilliant colour payoff and staying power however it was a completely different shade to the one it was labelled as. I bought the shade 'fire' and it was a deep pink shade rather than a bright red.
Hi Tia, thank you for the review; we really appreciate it here at Crazy Color. Sorry, our product was not quite the color you were expecting; this may have been because of the base color or any other color that remained in the hair. Fire as the name suggests is a loud bright red, but, does have undertones of pink in it. Although, we have plenty of other red shades available that might be more to your liking for next time.
While good at making long lasting color, the color I chose, pine green, was not a green at all and turned my hair bright blue. It was difficult to wash out and difficult to tone to the right shade of dark green with a bottle of canary yellow - all yellow washed out in 2 days. It wouldn't take any more pigment no matter how much I washed out or what I did. Tryed to dye over it with permanents when I was tired of looking at the blue, but once again the ends of my hair would not take color. Ended up having to cut it out. Haven't had these problems before with Manic Panic
Hi Lee, thank you for your feedback; we really appreciate it. Sorry to hear you had negative experiences with our products. This may be due to the base color of your hair when these products were applied or if you had any yellow remaining in it. With the correct aftercare, all of our products can last up to 8-12 washes. There are how-to tutorials and more information about the application process available on our website.
Crazy Color is rated 3.80 based on 285 reviews