Wyevale Garden Centres Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend Wyevale Garden Centres

How would you rate Wyevale Garden Centres ?

"my husband and I took his 91 year old sister to the garden centre on the Newport Road St Mellons on Tuesday as it was lunch time when we arrived we thought we would have lunch first the time on the receipt is 13.01 and the food we wanted was sold out. My husband and I opted for stake and ale pie. We waited over 20 minutes and the vegetables were cold and you would have needed a hammer and chisel to cut the pie the meals were over £9.00 each. We did not make a complaint at the time as the restaurant was quite full"
"My husband and I visited the Hare Hatch Garden Centre today to purchase some plants and have a spot of lunch. We must have sat down watching the world go by for the best part of an hour in the restaurant. There were four lads and a young lady behind the counter. One very polite well spoken lad was taking the food orders and another young lad was being assisted on the till by the young lady. We paid for our food order and a drink, gathered glasses and cutlery and promptly sat down. Almost all the tables were taken with the exception of the one we sat down to. I gathered a tray and cleared the table and passed the tray over the counter. My quibble is that during the period of time we spent there this afternoon tables were cleared eventually, but not one table was wiped or any anti bac cleaner used. I would assume that there was no one in a supervisory capacity present otherwise I am sure tables would have been cleared more efficiently, tables wiped and the giggling and chatting behind the counter would not have occurred We could see that a number of customers were not happy at the length of time it took to get served especially with the coffees yet there were five serving and it wasn't always busy. Having read other comments feel that this is an area that needs attention."
Harley Harding
Unverified Reviewer
"Went to Sherfield on London restaurant for a main meal with mum very disappointed in service.Meal was cold very late coming out and was delivered by a male member of staff who had no idea and was poor in his service. Afterwards went round the garden centre which was a very different experience. The staff seem to be very approachable and the young lady who served me was wittycpolite polite and chatty and was good with my elderly mother."
Garden Club Member 9826169414013025
Verified Reviewer
"As Garden Club members, we love the products at Wyevale but what has happened to the enjoyable restaurant experience at Woodbridge? 4.10.17 14.30 Called to enjoy a quick snack, opted for the soup and sandwich offer. "We are not doing soup today" Decided then to order egg and watercress sandwich and toasted cheese sandwich. No forks and only 1 knife available at the condiments table. The order arrived 30minutes later, as they have been very busy and are short staffed. Annoyingly we noticed 4 garden centre staff served with their orders during the time we had been waiting and know they walked straight in and collected their hot meals. What has happened to the 1st class service we have received in the past? Is the staff shortage being addressed if this is responsible for the drop in standards?"
Lynn Fishenden
"It appears when Wyevale has a sale on the internet the website goes down!"
"Terrible website it seems when there is a sale the website goes down!!!"
"Refunded faulty product, discounted wheelbarrow showing signs of rust - very easy to deal with."
"Good quality plants. Helpful and friendly staff."
Louise Dawn
"Lovely store and lovely choice of range of goods, very friendly staff who go out there way to help you."
Robinson
"Good customer service, taking time and effort to help with a major purchase."
Ray Foster
"ordered a large garden furniture suite - shop staff wrote down the wrong reference, so wrong items delivered after two week wait - then had to wait again for collection and replacement on agreed date. Customer services team then arranged for the wrong day so I had to intervene again to get the date changed to the agreed date. I was promised a follow up call on the Wednesday after delivery to ensure all was well - didn't happen until after I complained on the following Friday. Refunded 5% of the cost of the furniture as an apology"
Wyevale Garden Centres is rated 2.64 based on 11 reviews