Willow & Hall Reviews

of reviewers recommend Willow & Hall
Over A Month
Over A Week

Tell us how Willow & Hall made you happy
I received my sofa this week after few weeks of delay. I wished, their customer services just be honest and tell customers, about their difficulties and the cause of delay ( covid I assume) . I am sure people would be understanding and patient.
Not enough communication. No-one kept us updated and no after sales service or support. Excellent sofa and chair but poor to average service.
Good advice in store,but delay in delivery . Over 12 weeks. Delivery good.Sofas installed well and packaging taken away.
The sofa is excellent and worth the cost. But it was delayed by several weeks. I didn't mind this, but communication was non-existent and I had to keep chasing each week when the promised delivery date never materialised.
I can only share my experience as far as trying to make a choice and order is concerned as we are not due to recieve the sofa bed for some weeks yet. I found the W&H website by searching good quality bespoke sofa beds on Google. I think it is a good site. It is pretty straightforward and informative. I needed some further information and so rang them and after 43 minutes in a queue got a very willing girl but she had to refer all but two of my wuestions to someone else. I tried to ring the next day, to make my order but with a couple of further questions and after nearly an hour in the queue gave up and sent an email asking if perhaps they could ring me. I waited and then got an email followed by a telephone message. I had one more go and in just under 40 minutes I got connected to a real person! Against all instinct I have placed an order, primarily because I need a sofa bed in a hurry and in the belief that in their taking the time to create such a detailed website I hope it means they are thoughtful and the product better than high street average. On all three occasions that I got through to them I was told that on those particular days they were experiencing a larger than normal number of calls. I hope they werenít all complaints. I donít like leaving negative feedback but it was a frustrating, time wasting and disappointing experience. I feel sorry for the people answering the calls because they appear not to have had adequate training. I will leave feedback on the sofa bed when we have it.
I was on the point of placing an order, in fact I was typing in the details, when I suddenly became aware that you had increased your prices without warning. e.g. the Matt velvet I had selected was £0 one moment and then £200 the next. The order I had prepared in draft and the order I was typing ready to send were identical - except the price The first was £1,312 and the second was £1,700. End of review. R.Hodges.
Poor Customer Service and follow-up on issues. Unfortunately, 2 feet from the 5 seater sofa bed were accidentally not provided. Delivery team was excellent and simply a genuine mistake. On the same day of delivery, I provided pictures of the error and it took 2 weeks for someone to send me an email stating that it was being looked into; another 2 weeks and then I had to prompt a request for communication; 5 weeks after delivery, I still have no resolution and no idea when the missing feet of the sofa will be delivered and assembled. Sadly, customer service on such a high value item is very below expectation.
Fantastic choice of fabrics, so the 'Cosy pack' is a must, great idea! The service is easy to use and dispatched within 24 hours. However, when I received my first 'Cosy pack' (2 days after dispatch, as Royal Mail doesn't seem to deliver 1st class within 24 hours these days) it only contained 4 of the 7 fabrics swatches I had requested. It did contain a bonus tea-bag (in a little packet) which was a nice touch! There was no note included (nor any email) to say why the other swatches were missing, or whether they were being sent on as soon as possible. So I've dropped two stars here, one for the missing swatches, and one for the lack of explanation. I've ordered another 'Cosy pack' of 3 samples, which again hasn't arrived within 24 hours, but hopefully it will contain the perfect fabric for my sofa as none of the first four were quite right...
We didnít receive all the samples weíd requested ... but it was so easy to select and order we havenít spoken to anyone and have just reordered some new samples. Otherwise the little box with samples is fun and arrived very quickly.
Samples came quickly and well packaged, however I ordered two sets of eight samples and on both occasions only received seven. I did not receive any email to advise that the item was out of stock. Neither did I receive the supposedly out of stock item at a later date.
One of the feet required repair Took some weeks to resolve
Very pleased with speed made and look of sofabed. Delivery men helpful and friendly. However when I had a problem with the mattress, took a long time to sort out with them BUT they did replace the faulty item, so therefore good value for the money.
The service leading up to and buying my sofa bed was excellent. However the delivery let you down big time. I was given a notice of time for delivery between 2.00pm and 5.00pm several days before the due date, which was good. BUT, they arrived at 9.00 pm at night. I had previously told the carrier that I live in the middle of nowhere, very rural, no street lights and my nearest neighbour lives a mile away. They knew that the Sofabeds had to be carried through the garden, which is big and to the back of the house through the French Windows to be delivered. As I am partially disabled I had asked my friend to come and help me when the sofa arrived. Bless her, she did. Both of us wearing head torches managed to hold gates and doors open, it was pitch dark and cold, so the men could bring it in and then take away the old sofa. At first they said that they weren't taking it away as they had no instructions to do so but agreed when I showed them the receipt from the carriers. The two men were brilliant but it was ridiculous to have to do what we did. I am 66, and live alone. A 9.00pm delivery at this time of year is not acceptable. The two men had left their depot at 4.00am and still had a delivery of a bed to make after me at about 10.30pm, and then they had to drive home to Yorkshire, another two plus hours. So they would have been working from 4.00 am to 1.00 am. With one driver, this is not only illegal but dangerous to say the least. I think you need to check out your carriers. Thank you
The actual product is very good (we really love our sofa bed) but the customer service is not! We found them a frustrating company to deal with. We initially ordered a loveseat sofa bed and then changed our minds and ordered a three seater sofa bed. The whole process was grim. I called up to ask for a return of the first item (a day after it was delivered) to be told by someone they would have to 'speak to management' to arrange the return (don't tell me about your process just tell me it will be arranged! that is all I want to hear...) and that there would be 'an inspection' of the item before a refund would be granted. That basically set the tone. There is then no correspondence regarding a date for collection. I called up at least twice, another 'I will chase with management' and then a phone call from someone asking how I heard about them. I ask this lady about the collection of the sofa bed. She says she will get back to me. Never heard from her again. Once we had finally got the first item refunded after a wait of around three weeks for it's collection then a further week for the refund we then had no correspondence regarding the delivery of the second item. Just nothing. Even on ordering there was not even a confirmation email (which I called up and got emailed though). Four weeks after ordering there was no word from them regarding a delivery date. I was told it was at the warehouse waiting to be collected. A delivery date was then emailed though shortly after my phone call. It arrived with two lovely delivery men but they didn't have the tools to take the arms off (we paid extra for removable arms) and they had to ask my husband if he had the tool they needed. Thankfully he did otherwise it would have had to go back with them. All in all I have to say we felt quite stressed dealing with this company.The actual products are lovely - well made, high quality but the costumer service needs some work.
Good product - poor after sales service. I ordered 2 sofas (over £3000) so expected to be kept informed of progress especially as I was going on holiday. I received a confirmation email but then my order disappeared into a black hole. I signed up to an account because I was told I could track my order but in fact my order never appeared on the account - just a message saying 'you have placed no orders' - so no help there. After a few weeks I tried to send an email asking for progress but the 'I'm not a robot' icon wouldn't work and then the web site went off line! I then called and was told I would receive information by a certain date - nothing! I then called a few days after this and was told the order was complete and I would receive a call from the delivery firm within 24 hours. Again nothing! So I called again and finally the delivery company got in touch and were very efficient. Willow and Hall need a better system for keeping their customers informed of progress with large orders.
felt rather let down by their customer service
Firstly there was a delay in the order being processed. Had to ring several times to find out what was happening. Your advisors were always polite and helpful but the delay did mean I had to cancel a visit by a friend. The assembly guys were great and put the sofa bed together in an efficient and speedy manner.
The fitters damaged the walls while carrying the sofa up the stairs. I was handed a feedback form which specifically asked me if there was damage to the property. You then went out of your way to email me back, just so you could tell me "hey hey! The T&Cs did warn you we wouldn't pay out anything! So tough luck .. " (hopefully it is obvious I'm paraphrasing) If you aren't ever going to put anything right, or fix the damage you make, then stop asking people if there is any damage caused. It is kind of pointless!
The staff in the showroom were disinterested. The delivery service was disorganised and couldnt give me an delivery date til a few days before which makes planning a nightmare. The delivery men however were wonderful and couldn?t have been more helpful
The sofa was great and very good quality. Delivery was friendly and well-organised. However, after-sales service was the problem: shortly (by which I mean 3 or 4 hours) after the delivery guys had left we noticed a hole in the fabric on the arm and got in touch with WH. I would have expected an immediate offer to do something positive about it like taking the sofa back and re-covering the arm but instead we got prevarication over the fact that we had signed the acceptance form at delivery time, with the implication that we might have somehow caused the damage ourselves post-delivery. Eventually they agreed to send someone out to assess and potentially fix the damage but we knew it would not be fixable in situ and there was a 10-day lead time on the visit. At that point we asked to send the sofa back for a full refund and to WH?s credit they agreed and acted promptly with no further delay. So eventually they put things right but it?s a shame they weren?t more responsive earlier - if they had been we would have kept the sofa.
Willow & Hall is rated 4.78 based on 2,533 reviews