Willow & Hall Reviews

of reviewers recommend Willow & Hall
Over A Month
Over A Week

Tell us how Willow & Hall made you happy
It looks like I am not the only one who is having a horrendous experience with Willow & Hall. I am absolutely I gave £2,500 to this company. We are going to get legal advice now and wondered if anyone else has done the same? :(
£3000 sofa collapsed with 8 months, however the company wants ME to pay for an inspection to determine if it's faulty! What a joke - and by the way the company is now insolvent. So good luck to any of us either hearing from the incompetent MD or recieving any semblance of customer service Discusting
As with many other reviews on here, we ordered a sofa bed 9th October and were told it would be delivered within 8 weeks; when we phoned two weeks back we were told it would be another two weeks but we have not heard anything. I phoned today only to be told it would not be until the New Year; I have cancelled and asked for a refund (£1200.00). I was told it was due to shortage of materials due to the NHS taking priority; so disappointing as I wanted to buy British from a small company. The worst thing about the whole situation is that they took my money straight away and have now left me with no time to try and get a sofa bed before Christmas. If only they had come clean earlier and told the truth I may have had time to find an alternative. When I asked to speak to a Manager I was told I may get a call back in 72 hours!!!!
I ordered a sofa 18 weeks ago, paid £3,500 in full and was quoted 6-8 weeks delivery, in time for Christmas. I have had to continually chase them for an update via email as they don’t answer the phone. Have been told they have a shortage of materials due to them being used in NHS PPE and that they are short staffed due to Covid. They promised a delayed delivery of January but with a few days to go it’s looks likely they will delay again. They are still taking orders on their website, quoting 10-12 weeks delivery, in full knowledge they cannot deliver them. I have emailed them and given them 48 hours to respond or I’m instructing solicitors to sue them for £3,500 plus compensation and cost. Companies like this give small businesses a bad name and dissuade people from going anywhere other than the large companies. It’s a shame. Anyone tempted by their website to order anything should look elsewhere or face disappointment and time lost chasing their order. You will be met with indifference. Update: I have now finally received my sofa and am underwhelmed to day the least. I am still missing £180 worth of cushions and the delivery company had no record of me paying to have my old sofa taken away. As usual W&H are unresponsive and showing their utter contempt for their customers. I see they are now putting up 5 star reviews to counter all the genuine 1 star reviews from ACTUAL customers. How the directors of this business can sleep at night is beyond me. I REITERATE AGAIN - DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THESE CHARLATANS
Do not buy from this company. We waited 3 months without any sofa. Fortunately we ordered via credit card so we are protected for 120 days. Just for your information this company is having financial issues: Companies House has Willow and Hall in a company voluntary arrangement 'A company voluntary arrangement' in place this (CVA) is a procedure that allows a company: To settle debts by paying only a proportion of the amount that it owes to creditors. To come to some other arrangement with its creditors over the payment of its debts'
Order No. 103029335I have purchased, sofas, divans, armchairs, headboards & footstools from this company over the last 24 months but I will NEVER buy another item from them. Their lovely website is the absolute opposite of their disgusting, slack & unapologetic so-called 'customer-service'. We all know about Covid, my own business closed for 9/12 months of 2020. Nonetheless, as a business, communicating with people who pay & have paid you is the job, when you can't fulfil the orders. I bought a divan, simple paid for in September 2020. Mid-January 2021, I have not received one communication from Willow & Hall to say we won't be delivering in the promised, pre-Christmas, 10-week time frame we splattered all over our website. I have contacted the company three times to ask when I might receive my bed base, not once have they told me the truth when I ask. Material not available, sick people in the workshop, workshop on holiday etc. Honesty, accountability & responsiveness are better received than their replies to my emails written in poor English, which take no accountability for anything, suggesting I'm unreasonable for wanting information after spending another £700 with them. If I could get the base elsewhere I would – Loaf for example, whose customer service is exemplary, personable & decent. Never again – nice website, cheap, shoddy company.
I bought a sofa bed that turned out to be poorly constructed - it wouldn't close- and the mattress was very uncomfortable. I asked that the sofa be replaced but was told that I had to pay an 'independent expert' to examine the sofa, and then his report would be the basis on which a replacement would be based. None of this is stated anywhere in the contract small print, and I suspect it is just a way to get out of replacing a poorly constructed 'luxury' sofa. In every way, my experience has been poor: quality, service, guarantee, so would advise against buying a sofabed from Willow and Hall. Added after customer service comments: Your comments that the matter had been looked into meaningless as you did not address or resolve any of the complaints but just hoped I would go away.
I purchased a sofabed during their promotion. They said it would be delivered within two weeks. After three weeks of no communication, I called them to ask about my sofabed. They said they were running late and If I don't hear from them within a week I should call back. Upon no further communication, I called as advised and was told that the sofabed was damaged and could not be delivered anymore but they would find a comparable sofabed or replace it with a made to order one with a 10% discount on the sale price. They said they'd call to let me know which sofabed they'd replace it with in the late afternoon that day. Noone called. I called back and got another customer service rep who let me know all the sofabeds they sold during the promotion were damaged and none of them could not be delivered but they'd either refund or give me a 10% discount on the "full price". This is now after 4 weeks of purchase. She denied ever offering me a replacement sofa or a made to order sofabed. When I contested this they said they'd check and call back. No one called of course but I received an email letting me know that they have no 2 seater sofabeds in stock so they're cancelling the contract and giving me a refund. I don't believe anything they say. I think they had cashflow issues when they sold these sofabeds and scammed people to take their money until they were financially ok. After that, they found an excuse not to deliver the discounted sofas. Never did they call me to inform me on the damage to my sofabed, delivery or lack of stock. Total scammers. I'd stay away. I'd give them 0 stars if I could to protect others.
Hardly know where to start with W&H. I don't have the time or energy to list all the problems I've had with them so I'll try to keep it brief lol Firstly, we've had a broken sofa for months. Having taken their advice and had it independently checked, it was agreed that the error lay with W&H and the horrendous workmanship in making the sofa. I've asked time and time again when they will deliver our new sofa and collect the broken old one, but to this day I can't get a straight answer from them. I feel for their CS team, especially Jamie, as I know I'm not the only person complaining, but truth is, W&H are hands down the worst company I've dealt with. As well as waiting on a new sofa to replace the broken one we've had to put up with for months on end, we're now told we won't have it before Christmas, when originally we were told pre-Christmas should be fine. Not good news when we're supposed to be hosting family! Now our Christmas plans are completely up in the air. I'm now chasing compensation for having to put up with a broken product for months. Seems they can't answer this query either! For anyone who's interested, the MD and founder is a lady called Sarah Massouh, I suggest trying to contact her as ultimately that's where the responsibility lies. Lastly, I urge anyone doing their due diligence when shopping around for a new sofa, AVOID Willow and Hall! The negative reviews all ring true with our experience and I could not recommend them less. Chris Edwards
Company unable to manage orders and the 'workshop' unreliable and unbelievable. Promise after promise after 13 weeks with no idea of a delivery date I cancelled my order.... look at the reviews... all 5 stars for samples of fabric as they send a tea bag with it in a nice box.. shocking service...
Incredibly efficient at sending a lively sample pack, took out money and then NOTHiNG. They seem to spend all their time responding to online reviews pretending to be sorry. Not a single call. They can’t even process a refund. Appalling customer service - do not use this company. Read the online reviews - I wish I had. (I’d live to add a photo for my review but as I still have no sofa and no money there isn’t much to take a picture of)
Dear all; This is an advisory note to avoid this company at all costs. Please see the story of events below. Note: Willow & Hall’s Terms and Conditions state the following: We normally estimate delivery from 3 working days for all stock Products to 4-5 weeks for all made-to-order Products. Please note however that all projected delivery times are, as stated, estimates only and timelines can extend slightly for more remote delivery locations. Points to note about Willow and Hall: 1. They happily took my money and should have delivered around the 3 December 2018. 2. I cancelled the order 32 days later as I have been sitting on the floor for 5 weeks waiting for a delivery. 67 days after original order. They still could not supply a delivery date. 3. Not once did they contact me to let me know any of the above unless I contacted them first. They knew I had no sofa and was sitting on the floor in the evenings. 4. They constantly changed the delivery date and never supplied a concrete one. 5. I wish I had read the reviews of this company before I had ordered as I could have avoided this. TIMELINE: 2018: 28th October: I ordered a sofa from Willow and Hall 21st November: I ask: Hi guys; Could I get an update on the delivery of this sofa please as my partner is due to have an operation on 6/12 and need to coordinate who is in the house? BR; 22nd November: W&H reply saying: have had a look into this for you and your item is currently still in the manufacturing process, as an estimate at the minute we would be looking to deliver the week commencing the 3rd of December, however we will next be in touch as soon as your order has arrived at our depot. 22nd November: I reply: 3/4 or 5 would be ideal. Thanks. 1st December: I ask: Any update on this one? 1st December: W&H reply: I have had a look at your order and our logistics team should be in touch with you later next week to arrange a delivery date and a two hour time-slot with you. 15th December: I ask: Could I get an update on where this sofa is please? 15th December: W&H reply: I have had a look into this for you and can see that we are waiting to receive your order from the workshop. I can see we are expecting to receive it late next week and our logistics team will be delivering over the weekend and on Christmas Eve itself, therefore they will be in touch late next week to arrange a delivery date and a two hour time-slot with you. 18th December: I ask: We’ve been sofa less for quite a while now as this delivery is so late. Can you please raise this as a complaint for me as a couple of days is fine but you’ll end up delivering this a month late. 19th December: W&H reply: I have raised your complaints to our management team, however we are still looking to deliver before Christmas at the moment. Our logistics team will be offering you a date when they have received your order. 22nd December: W&H reply: I am afraid that I am not contacting you with good news. Your order that was expected to be delivered to us yesterday evening from our workshop, has regrettably not been received and therefore a pre-Christmas delivery is now impossible. We acknowledge that we have absolutely let you down as a customer and have left you in the lurch at the eleventh hour prior to Christmas. If there was anything that we could do to redeem this situation and ensure that you have an item for Christmas, we would do so, however due to the time constraints before Christmas this is now impossible. We will be able to organise a delivery for you in the New Year and taking into account this delay, are happy to offer you significant monetary compensation on your order. Alternatively if you would prefer to cancel your order and receive a full refund, we can also action this straight away. I can confirm that if you are happy to wait for a delivery in January, I can process a partial refund to your account for £258.60 by way of compensation for this delay. I appreciate that you will most likely want to vent the frustration caused by this to someone on the phone today, however I am not in business until Thursday 27th December and would therefore recommend not spending your Saturday morning calling our Customer Service team as they will not be able to action any alternative resolution to what I have outlined in this email. If you could kindly reply to this email to confirm if you would like to; A) proceed with your delivery in January with monetary compensation or B) cancel your order and receive a full refund the team will action this over the weekend. I am happy to give you a call on the 27th December to discuss this further. 22nd December: I reply: I have no interest in venting at your customer service team (it’s not their fault). Willow & Hall have failed to deliver a sofa due on the 3 December (which will be 1 month late minimum). The collateral damage of what has happened far exceeds the derisory not ‘signifianct’ proposal you have offered. My counter is compensation of £1,248 which cover the expense incurred of my family spending the holidays in local hotels at current rates. This does not include inconvenience of which there has been a significant one. Legally and socially this looks very bad for your business so I believe my offer is more than fair considering the circumstances. We look forward to hearing from you. 2019: 2nd Jan: I write: From checking the UK public holidays it is quite clear that 2 January is not one of these. Considering our previous correspondence, and your assurances that this situation of of the utmost of importance to you, I find it surprising that you have failed (again) to contact me. I have raised this issue with the Ombudsman for furniture today, which I wasn't surprised to find you weren't a member of, and they have instructed me on a course of action. I have also spoken today with my solicitors who will be in touch if I do not hear back from you tomorrow. I am in a meeting at work from 9-11 but any time after that works. I'm now beginning to believe this is a case of theft/ fraud. You have either stolen my money/ sofa or Willow and Hall are not a sofa selling business. You can't take my money and do nothing; the world doesn't work that way unfortunately. 3rd Jan: W&H reply: As mentioned prior to Christmas, our workshop reopened yesterday and your order is very much at the top of the priority list to ensure it is completed and ready for delivery as soon as possible. I am sorry that I did not have a chance to call you yesterday as planned, however please rest assured that you have not been forgotten. At this point we anticipate that your order will be with us no later than week commencing 14th January, as soon as your order is received into our delivery depot, our Logistics team will be in contact with you directly to offer you a delivery date. Either myself or a member of my team will also give you a call before the weekend to touch base regarding the next steps, hopefully at this point we will have more of an accurate ETA on when exactly we are expecting your order in over the next two weeks. If you have any questions in the meantime please do not hesitate to reply to this email and I will pick this up straight away. 3rd Jan: I cancel the order Points to note about Willow and Hall: 1. They happily took my money and should have delivered around the 3 December 2018. 2. I cancelled the order 32 days later as I have been sitting on the floor for 5 weeks waiting for a delivery. 67 days after original order. They still could not supply a delivery date. 3. Not once did they contact me to let me know any of the above unless I contacted them first. They knew I had no sofa and was sitting on the floor in the evenings. 4. They constantly changed the delivery date and never supplied a concrete one. 5. I wish I had read the reviews of this company before I had ordered as I could have avoided this. THIS MESSAGE TO HOPEFULLY AVOID ANYMORE CUSTOMERS HAVING THE SAME EXPERIENCE. IF THIS EMAIL IS REMOVED FOR ANY REASON I HAVE ALL OF THE ORIGINALS AS PROOF.
Dear Richard, We won't try to insult you with an apology given your clear feelings regarding your experience, however I do wish to acknowledge that we have taken several measures as a business since you review was published to ensure that our level of customer service is improved. Kind regards, Harriet
They are actually under voluntary insolvency. My sofa order (ordered December 2020) was never delivered and they don't answer the phone. Am in the process of trying to get my money back through my credit card. Do not order from willow and hall.
Do NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES USE THIS COMPANY. I ordered a sofa six months ago, and at the time spent a long time on the phone with a sales rep checking measurements to make sure it would fit upstairs. The sofa was due for delivery in February this year (ordered November 2020). The deadline came and went with no communication from the company, and after chasing several times I was told it was delayed due to Covid, which I accepted. I was promised delivery in March, which again came and went with no communication. Having chased again and again, I was told April. It arrived and did not fit despite their assurances, and had to be sent back. I then had to chase to arrange a refund, which I was offered with no issues because it is so obviously a huge mess up on their side. However, I was told it would take max 14 days to get my money (nearly £2,000) back, and promised they would expedite this because of the problems I have had. 15 days later I had to chase again for my refund, and while they have now confirmed it has been issued, they only just advised it might take another 10 days to appear in my account. Its utterly unacceptable to take that much money from someone for 6 months with no goods ever received, and then to not action it as a matter of extreme urgency. I have been told there is just "nothing they can do". The only excuse they will give you by the way, is that "we are a small team." So, don't order from this company unless you want to spend several hours on the phone chasing them, don't mind waiting 10 days in between hearing from customer services, be £2000 poorer, and still have no product.
No delivery after 4 months (lead time give was 10-12 weeks). Even worse though is no update from them, even after me trying several times. The customer service is appalling, they keep asking for time, saying the workshop can only be emailed and management is extremely busy so cannot address my request for an update. It is unacceptable that after over a week they cannot tell me what is happening to my order. I cannot express my disappointment and anger over how I am being treated and am looking at my legal rights to recover my money.
Was going to order a sofa bed with willow and hall but having read the reviews I have definitely changed my mind. The sample packs I ordered looked lovely. But no thank you .
5 months to get delivery which was damaged and driver very rude. Since then they have not returned our phone calls or email. Very disappointing
***AVOID AT ALL COSTS*** This was the single most painful customer experience I've had in my life - my sofa was over 2 months late with zero communication from Willow & Hall, then 3 (3!) failed deliveries because they didn't provide the removable arms I'd paid extra for. At least a 30 minute wait every time I had to call them. Complete waste of my time and money. When the sofa finally was delivered it was visibly damaged from being forced through doors without removable arms, and there is now scratch damage to my floor from careless delivery men. To top it all off, when I asked for compensation they offered...£38 for a sofa that cost over 1k. Sheer contempt for their customers. I cannot emphasise enough - ORDER FROM LITERALLY ANY OTHER PROVIDER, SAVE YOURSELF THE ORDEAL.
We ordered a sofa in August, were told 10 or so weeks and we'd be contacted. However, when nearing the original date there was no email informing us of a date so I called - I was told I'd be rung back with an update ... nothing. After several calls I was informed there would be a delay to mid November (from the original mid October). The delay was due to the fabric being out of stock. Checking the timing it was still a 6 - 7 week leadtime; in other words the build process hadn't started! After another month plus of waiting I called again. This time I was told early to mid-December, but no guarantee! Apparently the workshop had a lax attitude to deadlines and the CEO had been onto them. Clearly didn't work. I asked for a call from management - that didn't happen either, so I cancelled the order: £1,400 of my cash W&H are not getting. Now, were there any efforts by W&H to keep my business...? No, they processed and I never heard from them again. Two days later we ordered from sofa.com. We've had a delivery date confirmed of mid-November, so 2 - 3 weeks faster than W&H. Interestingly I saw on W&H website recently - order for Christmas! (delivery date not guaranteed). Really? Do not believe all the 5* reviews below, they are for sample packs. Something has gone very wrong at W&H they did not behave like this previously. Avoid, spend your money somewhere else!
Willow & Hall is rated 4.77 based on 2,535 reviews