SilkFred Reviews

32% of reviewers recommend SilkFred

How would you rate SilkFred ?

"I’ll never use this company again. Ordered 4 dresses that actually looked ok but were tiny. Really poor fit. The worst part though is that I’ve just paid £16 to return them as they go to different companies!! Disgraceful."
Ellie Barrett
Verified Reviewer
"I paid over £25 in returns as my items were all from different senders! ]# they send you a collect+ postage which I paid £5 for only to be told I had to send it back to sender and not silk fred. I am also waiting on a return I sent back 4 weeks ago"
"I had to pay a lot for a returned dress. I will never use this shop again."
"I have ordered White coat, it was very nice oh photo, but in real life it is terrible quality, very hard blanket fabric, made very cheaply, hassle to returning, never again"
"Terrible, expensive, and very faffy return system!"
"I have ordered twice from here. The first item fit correctly but the second did not, something that happens quite often when ordering from the internet. So I was surprised to see that you can't return items for free, you have to pay for a tracking service which has put me off ordering from there again. The whole point of online stores is that they are saving lots of money from not hiring a store, paying utility bills etc and then that frees up money for them to pay for free return delivery, especially because they can negotiate cheaper contracts. So this seems really tight and stingy that they're not paying especially because a customer always has to try on an item because sizes vary so much depending on the make and type of garment. Very disappointed."
"Unusual items I can't find anywhere else. I've bought loads from them and only had to send one thing back. Good quality and lots of information about size and fit"
"Ordered a maxi dress for my honeymoon but once I'd worn it I realised that the strap is twisted so it doesn't sit properly! Completely the manufacturers fault! It was bought a while ago but as it was their fault I assumed they'd try and help me. It was £35 so quite a lot for only 1 wear! I emailed customer services to be told they couldn't help me as it hadn't been flagged before now. You would think they could exchange it for me but apparently not!! I'll stick with Asos in future!! Expensive website, terrible customer service and very expensive delivery/returns!"
"I ordered a coat which didnt fit so returned it which cost me alot because it had to go back to a different address as it was another company. Now they wont refund me as they are saying the company have not received it even though i sent it as a tracked delivery. Because it is over a month i cannot find my receipt so i have no choice but to pay for a coat i dont have. Im very skeptical about this as i have read similar reviews about them not refunding."
"Loved my dress. Superb quality and delivery. First class, thank you so much! And great price😁"
Hazel Thomas
"They sent the goods quickly and I am thrilled with the quality of the coat"
"Delayed delivery with really poor and slow communication so received item late. Quality of item I ordered was awful for the price. Wouldn't recommend to anyone"
"Not only do you have to pay p&p for delivery but you also have to pay for returns also. They suggest you pay for a signed for service as well. Cost me nearly a tenner for nothing. Dress I ordered was of poor quality and not true to size. Wouldn't order from them again."
"Poor return policy. You have to sebt them at your own cost to multiple addresses. No reply to emails..."
"Clothes were of a really poor quality and fit. No size information can be found on their website so you have to take a chance that the sizes are true (I found they weren’t). To send the items back they have to go to different addresses meaning that you have additional postage costs which aren’t reimbursed. I wouldn’t use them again."
Kellie Jarvis
"Gorgeous clothes and very reasonable prices also great quality."
"Ordered several items enticed by free delivery... Only what Silkfred doesn't tell you is that you have to send each item back to its own manufacturers at your own cost. In my case it cost £13.80 to returns goods I didn't want!!! Don't be fooled by this company!"
"Faulty item received and now silkfred will not answer my emails regarding refund. Ordered item. Came faulty. Got returns label and sent recorded delivery. Tried to email them to ask for an update and it's been radio silence. I sent 3 emails and facebook messenger and still nothing. When it comes to asking questions before ordering they are so eager to respond and do so within an hour. Then they've got your money so they don't bother. I'll be contacting my credit card company and trading standards. DO NOT ORDER FROM SILKFRED. It's just too much hassle, get cheap rubbish and most importantly you lose your hard earned money. This is totally unacceptable. I want my email answered and my money back."
Fiona Findlay
"They have lots of different designers so a great selection of clothes. Really quick delivery too"
"Still waiting for a refund nearly two months later, despite having confirmation Silk Fred have received the items back."
SilkFred is rated 2.43 based on 28 reviews