Russell & Bromley Reviews

25% of reviewers recommend Russell & Bromley
03AM
3AM

Popular Questions:

How can I contact Russell & Bromley?

Tell us how Russell & Bromley made you happy

"How sad I am to write this!. I have several pairs of the Chester loafers, 3 in nubuck and 1 in brown calf leather. All very comfy to wear and have become a stable wardrobe piece. The leather ones however, have a problem with the fringe and tassels that all curl up. So, whilst buying another pair I asked the sales assistant to be told it was a common issue and that a secret stitch could be put in to help solve the issue. So, on return to my local store, I asked again to be told it needed hot glueing. In reaction to my point that luxury shoes with a price tag of in excess of £200 should not have a common problem, the sales advisor informed me her daughter had several pairs and just put elastic bands around them when not wearing. After much dialogue with 2 stores, customer service and now head office, the same advice stands. Its the wearers foot that pushes the leather when it bends so to help the problem put elastic bands around them!!!! Shoes with a price tag of £215 need to be kept with rubber bands on. Are you kidding me???? To add insult to the issue, they refuse to send my shoes back to me after their inspection and have decided I need to return to store to collect my curled up expensive shoes. If I knew several hundred pounds ago, the advice from R&B would've been so sub standard, I would stayed with much cheaper high street brands that seem to hold their shoe shape and many of which have much better customer service. Luxury brand unfortunately built on substandard management team and very poor customer care. Perhaps that can be made better with rubber bands!"
Are you Russell & Bromley? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Don’t buy shoes from this company! They use to sell high end quality shoes but no more. Their reputation is slipping by the day and they are an absolute rip off. Don’t be fooled by the aesthetics of the footwear because the quality does not reflect in the price!!!! Their customer service is shocking and they proclaim their shoes are high end - they are not and rip you off!!! I bought my son a pair of £255.00 shoes for his first job in October 2018, which we expected to last him at least one year - but oh no, he wore them for under 4 months (he wears them 4 times a week, he had 3 weeks off at Christmas and didn’t start his job until November) before they literally fell apart. Holes in the leather soles and inferior leather on the shoes which puckered at the toe. They won’t replace the shoes, they won’t repair the shoes, they won’t do anything except suggest we buy another pair!!! Never ever will I buy anything from this company again, and I have been a customer for many, many years. Avoid at all costs because their customer service is not interested once they have had your money. I am now going to the Ombudsman and I’m not going to let this go. They said you need to get shoes re-soled and re-heeled every 3 months at at cost of £70.00 each time. I have previously bought my son £30.00 Top Man shoes that have lasted longer. I Have now found a company that has superior shoes to Russell & Bromley and their customer service is excellent - Samuel Windsor, for a quarter of the cost. I’m a disgusted ex customer who has bought shoes from R & B for over 30 years - no more. Avoid at all costs. They take your money for shoes that are inferior and then aren’t interested in the quality and your complaint if their product fails to live up to the high standards they proclaim they produce 😡"
"Russell and Bromley have sold for £225 a handbag lined in cheapest plastic and pretended to offer exchange but became rude and aggressive in the extreme wh3n asked to honour their promises. Dreadful behaviour and they have lost myself and family as customers. Never even if it was free would I go into their stores again"
"I buy a lot of shoes from Russell and Bromley. I bought a pair some months ago costing 195.00 which I did not wear more than a couple of times until I took them on holiday. Wore them on a day when we had a shower for no more than 20-30 minutes. The left shoe just let water in so that my foot was soaking. These were substantial shoes and so I took them back. After two weeks I received a letter saying they would not do anything. The shoes were guaranteed waterproof so it was OK. Cannot believe it. Had expected batter. I shall not be buying any more."
"I visited the shop in Jermyn street. The till assistant didn't know what jodhpur boots were - maybe her English wasn't up to scratch."
"DO NOT BUY FROM RUSSELL AND BROMLEY. I and my family have been loyal customers for 40+ years, probably spent tens of thousands in there, buying SW shoes, handbags, work shoes, presents etc. My mum worked at R&B 30 years ago but we as a family certainly will NOT be returning ever again. I bought 2 pairs of sale shoes for my mum as a gift. The slides had a crease on the top from where people had clearly tried them on. I asked Maria if that's all ok and I could return them even with the crease and she said yes don't worry within 14 days. Other than the crease they both looked fine to both of us. I let my mum try them on and they did not fit her. She and I wrapped them back in their tissues, put them back in the box and the bag then returned them to the store. They would not let me return them. They interrogated me and made me feel like I had done something wrong. The shoes were exactly the same as how I bought them, the staff found some marks on the sole of the shoe and said that they have been worn on an abrasive surface. The marks were pretty minor, unnoticeable really. And were not from my mother taking them out the box, trying them on then putting them back. Staff were basically suggesting that my mum or I had worn them out. They said they would have been worn for some time for them to get in the 'state' they were in and they are not in a resellable condition. When THEY SOLD THEM TO ME IN THAT CONDITION and in actual fact, my mum tried them on for about 3 minutes for each pair. Staff were rude, unhelpful, staff were sniggering and watching me as though I had robbed a bank. I then sent the shoes off to head office.. I am unsure of what they did, maybe inspect them? And I got a letter back saying that they would not refund me. The letter was not written out carefully, there was wrong information on there which also shows their lack of care. I called them straight away explaining my issue and Katie was very rude and kept saying 'well that is your opinion, I do not agree with that'. Basically calling me a liar and refusing to do anything to help. I even said to her that store staff should not be telling customers that items can be returned if they know they can't... and she replied saying 'they would not have sold them in that condition', making out that I had returned them in an awful state. I honestly think they just tell their customers that shoes can be returned and on return, they find any reason not to accept the shoes and give customers their money back. Do not trust them. They have lost a whole family of customers, 13 customers in total, and we will never be purchasing from Russell and Bromley again."
"I wanted a pair of shoes in the sale and the Edinburgh shop didn't have my size, so they called around a lot of the other shops across the UK until they located a shop stocking my size of the required shoe!"
Russell & Bromley is rated 2.25 based on 8 reviews