Russell & Bromley Reviews

67% of reviewers recommend Russell & Bromley

How would you rate Russell & Bromley ?

"DO NOT BUY FROM RUSSELL AND BROMLEY. I and my family have been loyal customers for 40+ years, probably spent tens of thousands in there, buying SW shoes, handbags, work shoes, presents etc. My mum worked at R&B 30 years ago but we as a family certainly will NOT be returning ever again. I bought 2 pairs of sale shoes for my mum as a gift. The slides had a crease on the top from where people had clearly tried them on. I asked Maria if that's all ok and I could return them even with the crease and she said yes don't worry within 14 days. Other than the crease they both looked fine to both of us. I let my mum try them on and they did not fit her. She and I wrapped them back in their tissues, put them back in the box and the bag then returned them to the store. They would not let me return them. They interrogated me and made me feel like I had done something wrong. The shoes were exactly the same as how I bought them, the staff found some marks on the sole of the shoe and said that they have been worn on an abrasive surface. The marks were pretty minor, unnoticeable really. And were not from my mother taking them out the box, trying them on then putting them back. Staff were basically suggesting that my mum or I had worn them out. They said they would have been worn for some time for them to get in the 'state' they were in and they are not in a resellable condition. When THEY SOLD THEM TO ME IN THAT CONDITION and in actual fact, my mum tried them on for about 3 minutes for each pair. Staff were rude, unhelpful, staff were sniggering and watching me as though I had robbed a bank. I then sent the shoes off to head office.. I am unsure of what they did, maybe inspect them? And I got a letter back saying that they would not refund me. The letter was not written out carefully, there was wrong information on there which also shows their lack of care. I called them straight away explaining my issue and Katie was very rude and kept saying 'well that is your opinion, I do not agree with that'. Basically calling me a liar and refusing to do anything to help. I even said to her that store staff should not be telling customers that items can be returned if they know they can't... and she replied saying 'they would not have sold them in that condition', making out that I had returned them in an awful state. I honestly think they just tell their customers that shoes can be returned and on return, they find any reason not to accept the shoes and give customers their money back. Do not trust them. They have lost a whole family of customers, 13 customers in total, and we will never be purchasing from Russell and Bromley again."
"I wanted a pair of shoes in the sale and the Edinburgh shop didn't have my size, so they called around a lot of the other shops across the UK until they located a shop stocking my size of the required shoe!"
Russell & Bromley is rated 3.67 based on 3 reviews