Robert Dyas Reviews

06AM
6AM

Popular Questions:

Delivery

How does Robert Dyas deliver?

How can I contact Robert Dyas?

Tell us how Robert Dyas made you happy

"If I could give minus stars I would! Robert Dyas is the worst company I have ever ordered from. I ordered a xmas present on Monday 17Dec which was to be delivered on or before Thursday 20Dec. Nothing arrived so I chased that evening, I was told by Rebecca that the item is with the supplier and she will chase them and come back to me in the morning. Friday 21Dec midday, I heard nothing so chased again, of which Jonathan told me Rebecca had cancelled my order, of course I was furious as I never asked her to cancel my order, then he apologised as he read he wrong info so he decided to lie to me and try fobbing me off saying the supplier is now shut until the new year....what supplier is shut from 21Dec until the new year....? He kept apologising and saying that there was no way of getting hold of the supplier and nothing else he can do for me, apparently he tried calling but the suppliers phones say they are now closed. I decided to take things into my own hands and googled the supplier to get a contact number, I called them and they were open and very helpful! Jonathan then replied saying he must have the wrong number for them....After speaking with the supplier it turned out that Robert Dyas hadn’t placed my order with them until the Thursday evening (20Dec, when I chased them and spoke to Rebecca), how does such a big company forget to place customer's orders! I was then told by Jonathan that a Manager will contact me, two weeks went past an no contact so I sent a complaint email of which I received an apology and a £20 gift voucher, why would I buy anything from them again..! So I asked for a £20 refund on my £60 product of which they agreed, HOWEVER, over two weeks later, no refund, no response to three emails and when I called them yesterday I was told "I'm not sure why your refund hasn't been put through"......Robert Dyas you are incompetent and THE worst customer service I have ever received, not happy in the slightest!"
Are you Robert Dyas? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Really helpful and courteous staff in Didcot branch . Always ready to assist and happy for customer to bring an item back ( as long as in original unopened packaging) with receipt to change if necessary."
"Robert Dyas Richmond Branch. I bought an £18 Thermos flask labelled "Keep Hot 18 hours". Liquid was lukewarm after 12 hrs! Explained to Cashier A but Cashier B, who was serving another customer, piped up that they cannot refund. He sounded aggressive and went on to state that because it was used and not defective they will not refund and that the label states ".. up to 18 hrs" (but the words "up to" are not on the label). He implied that it does not need to stay hot for 18 hours. I asked to speak to the Manager as that Cashier B's manner was uncalled for and his knowledge of customer service, consumer rights and Sale of Goods Act was found wanting. He then asked Cashier A to take over his till so he can go to his manager's office. He came back & stated they will refund as a gesture of goodwill. This is not goodwill - this is a right to a refund on a branded item which did not meet up to its advertised function. Cashier B clearly needs to be trained (or retrained) on customer service and consumer rights. Very poor and rude service."
"I ordered an air fryer online and when I get to check-out was appalled to see that delivery was being charged as £11.95 as I live on the Isle of Wight. So beware Islanders. This is grossly unfair. I will use our superb local Hursts instead - forget Robert Dyas."
"Ordered an item online. Stated was in stock .took my money and had email stating when collection would be . 2 weeks went by no email to say was there . Next thing I get is a refund via email. No explanation .called customer service who informed me it was now out of stock and the wouldn't be getting more in. Total waste of my time will never order from them again . If I'd of known it was out of stock of at least of gone ordered somewhere else but to late now for Christmas"
"Bought a new doorbell from the always friendly and helpful staff at your Christchurch branch 206861 door chime which we duly installed and selected our chosen bell tune. It transpires our neighbours have a similar bell which, when pushed makes our bell ring and vice versa, which is quite hilarious. Luckily we are friends and have selected different tunes so know when it is a false alarm excepting the other evening when ours went off and they had inadvertently changed their tune, giving the impression that there was a pack of nasty barking dogs in our hall! Fortunately we realised what had happened despite being a little alarmed by the prospect of a pack of wild dogs in our hallway. It did make us have a good laugh and we wonder what sound will greet us next time our neighbours doorbell gets pressed, so thanks Robert Dyas for the laugh."
"Absolutely awful service. I ordered items for next day delivery and three days later I have not yet heard back. I have contacted the delivery service who have stated that Robert Dyas have not yet even dispatched the items to be delivered. I have tried contacting them but have not received a response. Worst service I have ever received from a retailer."
"Brilliant service fast delivery excellent price, highly recommend"
"Today I bought a Phillips Steam iron and for the money it is a good buy and top quality and I am so please I came to Robert Dyad to buy this iron"
"Helpful staff well stocked shop"
"First online shopping experience with Robert Dyas.Very disappointing. Item arrived damaged - huge dent -31st October, sent photos within 30 minutes, then...phone calls and emails to chase...finally 5th November told them to just refund me...which they will only do when the item is collected. Way too much hassle, not recommended. Lindsay McKeever"
"Friendly helpful staff at St. Martin's lane London. Pleased with my purchase of 2032 energiser batteries. Good deal for 2 packs."
"Never order anything from them. They do not pick their phones. They send me an email on the day of the delivery that one of the items is out of stock and then another email that I will receive my other order on Monday(so 3 days late) and I have paid for next day delivery twice as I had to orders. I have been trying to reach them for 2 days on their customer service number and no one picks up. I can not even cancel my orders because I can not reach them. I lost 2 days of waiting and calling around waiting to know what is happening. Terrible service!!!!!"
"Item arrived on time no problems would deal again so I give him the full 5 star feedback recommended seller."
"Brought 2 small colanders from baker street really good quality perfect size"
"great service professional knowledge and a smile"
"This was the first time that I have ordered anything online through Robert Dyas and I must say that I was very impressed with my Rock Madison Suitcase. Also, it was great to be able track my order on line. The final text from RD was telling me what day, what time and the drivers name. Great Service !"
"they exchanged a product with a smile"
"Staff are always polite and helpful despite being very busy. Returns are made without difficulty and help given when a particular item is no longer manufactured. Prices are competitive. Range of stock is excellent."
"Ordered garden shears 10 days ago to be delivered to my local store. They said "3 days" - nothing has arrived, but they took my money pronto I note! Will not be using again, ridiculously slow."
Robert Dyas is rated 3.61 based on 61 reviews