Rentalcars.com Reviews

46% of reviewers recommend Rentalcars.com
4PM
4PM

Tell us how Rentalcars.com made you happy

"Extras for just about everything and was very unprofessional organising us our car. They also advised us that if we kept the original insurance we paid for we would have to cover an extra £1250.00 cost on our credit card. We had to take out insurance cover from them. All in all it was very stressful. They wanting us to tick all was check boxes before we even seen the car. After near an hour they handed us the car keys and left us to find the car. Even then we had to go back to the office because they didn't give us a ticket to get out of the car park. They also charged us £45 for petrol usage but only left less than half a tank of petrol. After a short while. I had to fill up the tank to complete my journey returning the car with over half a tank left. They say they will refund the £45.00 along with the £125.00 excess insurance they charged us. Please could you make sure they do this To be honest, It was the worst car rental I ever had and would never recommend or hire a car from them again"
Are you Rentalcars.com? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"very serious, no problem on the phone to manage the booking"
"NEVER RENT A CAR WITH THIS COMPANY! Our flight got delayed and we stood at Valencia AirPort at 1.30 at night with 4 children and no car. We took 2 taxi’s to our destination. Next day the car was ‘gone’, according to Rentalcars.com as we we ‘no show’ and this was our own risk...! They Did not offer any solution for another car and told us we have to pay for 3 days if we want to cancel the contract (and look for another car rental ourselves. They promised to call back, but never did. So €180 for no car and €200 on taxi’s and phonecost further, we still have no car ... what a fraude...."
Deb
"Car was ready on time and costs were as expected and as detailed in the T&Cs. Very good value for money."
"Had to cancel my booking two hours after pick up time and would not issue a refund or part refund. Disappointed"
"The prices were very competitive and the phone app great to use. Would recommend them easily."
"Really helpful to be able to search prices across multiple car hire firms - there's a lot of variance. However, the business model means that you book essential extras like car seats, and are then told that they're not guaranteed, which is unhelpful. They also attempt to chivvy you to buy *now* with constant pop-ups telling you that someone else has booked a car from your location, which makes it more stressful than I'd like."
"I rented a car through rentalcars,and I received the deposit fee only for 30%(from180Euro 60back).For my second letter was no longer answered."
"We have twice booked through this service its fantastic We arrive at the airport a lovely car is waiting for us simple to collect keys car has fuel and just drive away both times our cars were booked with Hertz also great company very good value for money no issues"
"very easy to book"
"They saved me, my pennies! No joke."
"Don't trust this company and don't use them. I booked a car but at the booked time the car hire supplier to them was closed. The response from Rentalcars was to claim that the supplier was open. I'm left with no car and an expensive taxi ride home and they wouldn't even refund the car hire. They are just a disgusting company."
"very bad service, and bad comunication, you cant complain..."
Rentalcars.com is rated 2.92 based on 13 reviews