Poundland Reviews

50% of reviewers recommend Poundland
02AM
2AM

Tell us how Poundland made you happy

Telephone
"I WENT TO POUNDLAND IN BILSTON IN THE WEST MIDLANDS AND PURCHASED A PACK OF TWO KODAK 9 VOLT BATTERIES FOR £1 I TOOK THEM HOME AND PUT THEM IN MY STAIR LIFT REMOTE CONTROLE AFTER ONLY 5 MINUTES THEY WERE FLAT I WAS IN SHOCK. I TOOK THE BATTERIES BACK TO POUNDLAND AND ASKED FOR AN EXCHANGE OR MY MONEY BACK I KID YOU NOT THE ASSISTAND AT POUNDLAND TOLD ME BECAUSE I HAD OPENED THE PACKET THE BATTERIES S WERE IN I COULD NOT HAVE A REFUND. DOES THAT MEAN THE BATTERIES ARE ORNAMENTS THEN AND YOU CANT USE THEM. WHAT A BLOODY JOKE IN MY OPINION POUNDLAND ARE SCAMMING THE PUBLIC A GANG OF FRAUDSTERS BE WARNED KEEP WELL AWAY FROM THIS OUTFIT OR YOU WILL BE ROBED"
Are you Poundland? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Poundland receives and that when things do go wrong, you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"The store manager whom left the branch at Peterborough Hereward Cross, when putting my interest in supervisory, because that was the work ethic I had put in in the 4 years of loyalty and hard work I had put in, whom promised me training and the next supervisor Job would be mine, - nothing happened, and other staff r employees were trained on the job, this knocked my confidence down, and the manager who fleed, treated me like I was nothing, but just a colleague who had to work fast and carry everyone else whom were incompetent of the jobs. I was relied on to get the jobs all done. In my career, I didn't get no training on the job and the manager made up misleading facts to fiction."
"I went into the Bingley branch in West Yorkshire and selected a can of coke, price marked on the can in print at 55p. When I got to the till, I was told I had to pay a pound for it, or could have 2 at that price. I got told by the store manager they don't sell at marked prices. The price was marked very clearly, in print, not stuck on, as 55p. YOU HAVE TO SELL IT AT THAT PRICE YOU THICK IDIOTS, IT'S THE LAW YOU DUMB THICKO'S! Don't you just hate it when some American company tries to flout UK law?"
"Went to Yeovil Hounstone Store Manager there extremely helpful went out of her way to assist in getting hold of certain item would say customer service there is excellent thanks once again."
"Every time I visited both Yeovil stores all staff are always happy to help they are always happy to go out of their way to help. I recently brought some bike lights and am very pleased with them the best pound I ever spent for them. Thank you Poundland now I am save on the road ok and got batteries to go with them."
"Excellent customer service and very keen pricing"
"Very rude staff at the Plymouth branch. We went to do our shopping and my partner left the store as he needed to use the toilet. They accused him of shoplifting. In the meantime as my back was turned one of the staff walked off with our shopping. I asked another member of staff he denied anything. When my partner returned he asked to see the manager. We were escorted our of the store by the staff. We are very angry to be accused of shoplifting and treated this way as we have been shopping in Poundland for many years. We will never be entering any of their stores again!"
"Poundland Bridlington,all self service tills and 2 staff members watching and people are having problem after problem.why not have one proper till open.its not rocket science.will not be going back again"
"Everything in the shop is not organised and needs more staff around as when I get confused about the price of things there is no one to ask, got to the till last week I thought the comfort that I had picked up was a pound ended up being five"
"Avoid at all costs! Horrid rude staff in Woolwich branch especially the asian/ Sri lankan female staff who were rude to my husband and I and my kids when went there some time back. All the male staff are ok, only the Sri lankan female staff think they come from there, are so rude and act so snobbish and sarcastic. They must be very bitter to act like this."
"Wouldn't refund wouldn't exchange went within 7 days not happy at all Hayden in darley st Poundland was really annoying me dosnt know what his talking about took the frames 4 hevy frames"
"good prices - good service - professional layout"
"Well yes, they would wouldn't they. Poundland are a shoddy company with their self service checkouts and people shouldn't use them. Ask for a discount for doing so as you are paying for items to be discharged through a real checkout in the price. Do these companies think we are stupid I wonder. Perhaps most are, and do not care about each one of those awful self service checkouts representing someone out of a job. Even Aldi do not have self service checkouts.....yet."
"The store at Hempstead valley Gillingham only had self service checkouts working at the time of my visit on Saturday 26/05 18. When they decided to open an assistant checkout they allowed people from the back of the que to be served first without challenge. The person in charge took no notice even when chalenged by me,poor service Poundland."
"They have mostly self service checkouts for goodness sake. At the same time they do not offer discounts for using them. Really? Stay away is my advice."
"Poundland is a nasty company introducing self service to most of their stores. I no longer use them for this reason. Serve myself? Are they serious? Seems they are. Days numbered I think, in the long term. Try Pound Store instead. Wonderful variety of items and also food goods. PLUS...no self service!! A new one has opened in Dover, Biggin Street."
"The Poundland, Dover store is a disgrace. Why? They introduced self service checkouts that cause mayhem for all concerned. Do not use them. Are you aware that the price of paying someone to work a checkout is factored in to every single item you buy? Not to mention the fact that every single one of them represents somebody out of work. Then why use self service? If you MUST, then insist on a discount for doing so. On a brighter note there is a NEW Pound Saver store opened in Biggin Street. USE it!!"
"Five stars? Because your children liked the gummy pizza? Come on. What about the other stuff in there? Gummy pizza is so bad for them!!"
"All the children like the gummy pizza"
"Okay, so let's clear this up. Poundland do not sell clothes. Ok. Sometimes they have socks and one or two other items of cheap Chinese manufacture. Mostly one gets ripped off in Poundland like any other store."
Poundland is rated 2.95 based on 44 reviews