Poundland Reviews

53% of reviewers recommend Poundland

How would you rate Poundland ?

"Every time I visited both Yeovil stores all staff are always happy to help they are always happy to go out of their way to help. I recently brought some bike lights and am very pleased with them the best pound I ever spent for them. Thank you Poundland now I am save on the road ok and got batteries to go with them."
"Very rude staff at the Plymouth branch. We went to do our shopping and my partner left the store as he needed to use the toilet. They accused him of shoplifting. In the meantime as my back was turned one of the staff walked off with our shopping. I asked another member of staff he denied anything. When my partner returned he asked to see the manager. We were escorted our of the store by the staff. We are very angry to be accused of shoplifting and treated this way as we have been shopping in Poundland for many years. We will never be entering any of their stores again!"
"Poundland Bridlington,all self service tills and 2 staff members watching and people are having problem after problem.why not have one proper till open.its not rocket science.will not be going back again"
"Avoid at all costs! Horrid rude staff in Woolwich branch especially the asian/ Sri lankan female staff who were rude to my husband and I and my kids when went there some time back. All the male staff are ok, only the Sri lankan female staff think they come from there, are so rude and act so snobbish and sarcastic. They must be very bitter to act like this."
"Wouldn't refund wouldn't exchange went within 7 days not happy at all Hayden in darley st Poundland was really annoying me dosnt know what his talking about took the frames 4 hevy frames"
"good prices - good service - professional layout"
"Well yes, they would wouldn't they. Poundland are a shoddy company with their self service checkouts and people shouldn't use them. Ask for a discount for doing so as you are paying for items to be discharged through a real checkout in the price. Do these companies think we are stupid I wonder. Perhaps most are, and do not care about each one of those awful self service checkouts representing someone out of a job. Even Aldi do not have self service checkouts.....yet."
"The store at Hempstead valley Gillingham only had self service checkouts working at the time of my visit on Saturday 26/05 18. When they decided to open an assistant checkout they allowed people from the back of the que to be served first without challenge. The person in charge took no notice even when chalenged by me,poor service Poundland."
"They have mostly self service checkouts for goodness sake. At the same time they do not offer discounts for using them. Really? Stay away is my advice."
"Poundland is a nasty company introducing self service to most of their stores. I no longer use them for this reason. Serve myself? Are they serious? Seems they are. Days numbered I think, in the long term. Try Pound Store instead. Wonderful variety of items and also food goods. PLUS...no self service!! A new one has opened in Dover, Biggin Street."
"The Poundland, Dover store is a disgrace. Why? They introduced self service checkouts that cause mayhem for all concerned. Do not use them. Are you aware that the price of paying someone to work a checkout is factored in to every single item you buy? Not to mention the fact that every single one of them represents somebody out of work. Then why use self service? If you MUST, then insist on a discount for doing so. On a brighter note there is a NEW Pound Saver store opened in Biggin Street. USE it!!"
"Five stars? Because your children liked the gummy pizza? Come on. What about the other stuff in there? Gummy pizza is so bad for them!!"
"All the children like the gummy pizza"
"Okay, so let's clear this up. Poundland do not sell clothes. Ok. Sometimes they have socks and one or two other items of cheap Chinese manufacture. Mostly one gets ripped off in Poundland like any other store."
"The shop is good value and it's now got pep and co,the price of clothes very competitive"
"Dreadful,dreadful self service checkouts!! No more for me thank you. Why have you done this? Will you offer discounts for using them. Tch tch."
"Had good customer service and was helpful."
"brilliant service fast delivary will deffo use again"
"Shocking company all round. Nasty quality goods, some food items not too bad. AWFUL self service. Don't use them. Used to be not too bad before self service."
"Wandsworth poundland is great you can buy tools, to cooking untensils, garding and foods which is really amazing for price and quality."
Poundland is rated 3.00 based on 38 reviews