Panda Ebikes Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Panda Ebikes

How would you rate Panda Ebikes ?

Brian Scarratt
Brian Scarratt
Unverified Reviewer
"Hi wonderful qaulity kits at an excellent price"
Ned Nederlander
Ned Nederlander
Unverified Reviewer
"With over 750km on the counter, I seriously love my Panda Pro conversion kit and have inspired many others to go electric. Quality!"
Michael Swann-skimming
Michael Swann-skimming
Verified Buyer
"Fantastic customer service and speedy delivery."
Mike Newton
Verified Buyer
"So far the fast response when buying a PAS system as it arrived quickly"
"Kit was despatched immediately and arrived the the following working day. Unfortunately one component was missing but this was sent very promptly by courier"
Anthony Small
Verified Buyer
"Very impressed with customer service and communication. A couple of minor problems were sorted out in no time. Delivery was as promised, and very well packaged."
Howard Williams
Verified Buyer
"I ordered a battery from Panda bikes. When I did so I noticed there were 3 in stock and I was paying for next day delivery. I therefore expected the battery to arrive next day, but it took a week, and then only after emailing them to find out where it was. I noticed that several other people have mentioned poor delivery - I will be another. Poor service inthese days."
"I bought a Mosfet controller box off Panda for a 1000watt controller, received on 12,1,18 the box was to small to fit there own 1000watt controller dimensions listed on their website. They said sorry and they would try to find a larger one and get back to Me, 3 days later and I e-mailed them asking if any progress has been made on this matter 15,1,18 Panda said sorry for the delay, I had to speak to our tech department, sorry no larger box but they did suggest the bag instead. I said ok will do, Thank you. And said I'll return the box for a refund to My card. 15-1-18 that was the last reply I got off Panda. I've since sent them 3-4 emails just asking for a progress report on My refund - No reply. The latest of which I sent today 26-1-18. It's only £20 but what if it was a full kit £800? This is the truth so please decide for yourself if you want to risk dealing with this company"
"Last night my chain came off my bike (broken link). My panda electrics still went five miles to get me home just by turning the pedals round. Now that's what i call a battery when its at home. In addition its the best bang for your cash Ah per £."
Happy EBike Man
Verified Reviewer
"I bought my first kit about two and a half years ago. I have done 7,500 miles, and it all works. Whenever I have asked advice, or panicked over a simple problem, they have always helped/been patient. I am now in the market for a new kit for a new project, and they have responded quickly. As someone else commented, they may be victims of their own success! Their website has certainly changed, with all the help you need before proceeding. There are one or two cheaper out there, but will you get help when you need it? I notice they offer a three-year warranty now."
Stuart Campbell
Verified Buyer
"Ordered the Eco kit and it arrived within two days.When it arrived the brake levers and the pas were missing and i got the throttle instead and when i emailed i got a reply after two days to say that there was a lack of communication from the warehouse and they had no idea i got the wrong items. I contacted them and agreed to wait another week for the brake levers as they were out of stock but no mention about the pas. I eventually decided to get the brake sensors as they were in stock but don't know if i'm ever going to get the pas as that was the reason for buying this kit as you don't need to take the crank off."
"I had the same experience as so many here, we bought a panda bike instead of a car. We were freshly moved to Bath and the hills just make cycling a lot harder. We decided the Ebike would be cheaper and easier than a car. Unfortunately we have spent the last month hiking up the Bath hills, while receiving a steady stream of parts from Panda. In the end the only part that was from the original kit sent to us was the battery and wheel. Ultimately, we are now buying a car. The kit itself is fine, you definitely need to be a bit of a bike mechanic to make it work though. There are pieces that require the full removal of the brake lines and the bottom bracket. The online videos don't show this and i think anyone buying it should know that they have a project on their hands. If you are to purchase this kit, which ultimately isn't bad, make sure that your first job is to lay all the parts they have sent you out on a desk and make sure that they will all plug together. Identify the parts that are missing and the connectors that don't appear to fit together (comparing with the pictures on the website i found to be the most effective way of finding things that were missing). This process is made more challenging by the parts that you have received often not matching up with the parts in the manual. Send a list of missing parts to Oliver (there were plenty of missing parts) he is incredibly helpful and seems to deal with missing parts all the time. Then go over the kit making sure everything is tight that should be tight, all the motor bolts were loose on my wheel. One final word of warning, beware of ladies' bikes; the gap in the cross bar often isn't big enough to fit the motor controller. I considered the back rack battery mount, but it was disproportionately expensive. The fit inbetween the crossbar is really poor. Overall the idea of an electric bike is great, this kit is ok once assembled, but be aware you are really taking on a project when ordering it through panda. Consider it like a Lego kit with instructions for a different Lego kit and not all the parts."
Tim Shepherd
Verified Buyer
"Parcel came on time. It was missing one component which took 4 days or so re resolve which was not too bad. All emails were answered promptly so overall OK"
Hugh Paton
Verified Buyer
"It is now mid-October. Back at the start of July I bought a Panda M-Drive kit and ordered a set of hydraulic brake sensors at the same time. The kit arrived quickly enough, but without the toolkit which had to be sent out separately, and without the brake sensors. I installed the kit, which works reasonably well, although assistance is only really evident when it's on full power. However, I couldn't use the bike safely until I got brake sensors, as any movement of the bike would set the rear wheel spinning uncontrollably. I contacted Panda many times regarding the sensors, and kept being told they would arrive soon. They didn't. I was then told they would be several weeks, and I left it for 6 weeks over the summer. Still no sign of them, so I eventually sourced a pair elsewhere on the internet (from China) which arrived within days and which worked. I then contacted Panda to ask them to cancel my order for sensors and to refund me. The refund was finally made nearly 4 weeks after my request, and following numerous emails, some of which were ignored. The product itself is reasonably satisfactory - it is evidently a standard Bafang kit with Panda badging, and in fact the sensors I used are Bafang ones. It works ok with the caveat about power delivery above, but I can accept this as the whole thing was relatively cheap. However, service from Panda has been appalling. I'm sure everyone there means well, but I had an incredibly frustrating time, being promised things which just didn't happen. I suspect they may have too much business to be able to manage successfully and I will try my best never to use them again."
Terry Passey
Verified Buyer
"Reply to your request re service on sales/support I found your response to order purchase and despatch details first class, your packaging was also very good. Your response to email questions re engineering/fitting problems was very poor, in fact almost non existent, except for the twice repeated reply that a response would be made in 24 hours (none received ) I was almost on the point through frustration due to the lack of reply, packing the product back in the box and returning it to you. The good news – I found your Nottingham phone no plus OLIVER and that solved the problems in a matter of a few minutes. (I would strongly suggest that you show your phone no along with the email address on all your advertising) I appreciate that you may have a heavy work load and that is great to see, but a speedy and meaningful reaction to clients emails is essential to maintain that valuable brand image. (it hard to build and so easy to loose ) Please do not take my comments the wrong way, I hope they are helpful Best regards Terry Passey ps Now I have it fitted and working I am very pleased with kit, my older cycling friends/members of the Solihull CC on our Friday club run are very impressed."
Kenneth Pye
Verified Buyer
"Good response to problems I had,(problems not Panda's Fault)"
"I received the conversion kit with some missing parts, since that day I'm trying to get in touch with someone of the company but no email, no phone calls had an answer. Unacceptable! I really scared that I wasted £900!"
"Dear sir or madam, I am waiting for my order since 4 September. Please ship the order by 12th October 2017 to the address that I have provided to you today. If you cannot deliver within this time, I will retreat from my purchasing contract. In that case, please give me a full refund of CHF 433.35 to the bank account that I have provided to you today. Thank you, Clemens"
"I transferred the payment 16 days ago, but have not received the delivery. You are not answering the phone. Support cto respond in 24 hours, but has not responded in a week."
Mike Scott
Verified Buyer
"Panda Ebikes review. Oliver was very helpful, because it was mid August and some of the team were on holiday, he seemed overworked and sometimes took a while to reply to emails. Overall I was very happy with the level of service that I received. The kit is now installed on my bike and I am looking forward to using an electric bike. Mike Scott"
Christopher Swindley
Verified Reviewer
"I did a mid-drive conversion and after 500 miles I have taken it off again. Performance is extremely poor. Many minor criticisms, but the most daming one is that the power output is extremely inconsistent and doesn't give you the assistance you require reliably enough. Also the battery range is poor for this size battery, again because I don't believe it uses the available power in an efficient maner. Instruction video is good for the mechanical bits, but total lack of instruction for setting up the electrics. One connector didn't fit at all - solder job."
James Pritchard
Verified Buyer
"I have yet to get this working, so not a full review of the product, which so far appears to be sound. The problems are more with the configuration to fit the donor bike and the fairly useless support. There are very few options to suit the particular donor bike - for example my bike had a Hollowtech crank and the cadence sensor didn't fit; I eventually found a sensor in Germany and am waiting for that to be shipped over. I asked Panda support some questions by email to try to configure the kit and these were either ignored or they didn't know the answer."
George Glister
Verified Buyer
"Didn't receive the correct pass senser part from that every thing else came. But no sensers"
Panda Ebikes is rated 4.17 based on 95 reviews