Panda Ebikes Reviews

75% of reviewers recommend Panda Ebikes

How would you rate Panda Ebikes?

Brian Scarratt
Brian Scarratt

Hi
wonderful qaulity kits at an excellent price
Ned Nederlander
Ned Nederlander
Unverified Reviewer

With over 750km on the counter, I seriously love my Panda Pro conversion kit and have inspired many others to go electric. Quality!
Michael Swann-skimming
Michael Swann-skimming
Verified Buyer

Fantastic customer service and speedy delivery.
Stuart Campbell
Verified Buyer

Ordered the Eco kit and it arrived within two days.When it arrived the brake levers and the pas were missing and i got the throttle instead and when i emailed i got a reply after two days to say that there was a lack of communication from the warehouse and they had no idea i got the wrong items. I contacted them and agreed to wait another week for the brake levers as they were out of stock but no mention about the pas. I eventually decided to get the brake sensors as they were in stock but don't know if i'm ever going to get the pas as that was the reason for buying this kit as you don't need to take the crank off.
Dan
Verified Reviewer

I had the same experience as so many here, we bought a panda bike instead of a car. We were freshly moved to Bath and the hills just make cycling a lot harder. We decided the Ebike would be cheaper and easier than a car.

Unfortunately we have spent the last month hiking up the Bath hills, while receiving a steady stream of parts from Panda. In the end the only part that was from the original kit sent to us was the battery and wheel.

Ultimately, we are now buying a car.

The kit itself is fine, you definitely need to be a bit of a bike mechanic to make it work though. There are pieces that require the full removal of the brake lines and the bottom bracket. The online videos don't show this and i think anyone buying it should know that they have a project on their hands.

If you are to purchase this kit, which ultimately isn't bad, make sure that your first job is to lay all the parts they have sent you out on a desk and make sure that they will all plug together. Identify the parts that are missing and the connectors that don't appear to fit together (comparing with the pictures on the website i found to be the most effective way of finding things that were missing). This process is made more challenging by the parts that you have received often not matching up with the parts in the manual. Send a list of missing parts to Oliver (there were plenty of missing parts) he is incredibly helpful and seems to deal with missing parts all the time. Then go over the kit making sure everything is tight that should be tight, all the motor bolts were loose on my wheel.

One final word of warning, beware of ladies' bikes; the gap in the cross bar often isn't big enough to fit the motor controller. I considered the back rack battery mount, but it was disproportionately expensive. The fit inbetween the crossbar is really poor.

Overall the idea of an electric bike is great, this kit is ok once assembled, but be aware you are really taking on a project when ordering it through panda. Consider it like a Lego kit with instructions for a different Lego kit and not all the parts.
Tim Shepherd
Verified Buyer

Parcel came on time. It was missing one component which took 4 days or so re resolve which was not too bad. All emails were answered promptly so overall OK
Hugh Paton
Verified Buyer

It is now mid-October. Back at the start of July I bought a Panda M-Drive kit and ordered a set of hydraulic brake sensors at the same time. The kit arrived quickly enough, but without the toolkit which had to be sent out separately, and without the brake sensors. I installed the kit, which works reasonably well, although assistance is only really evident when it's on full power. However, I couldn't use the bike safely until I got brake sensors, as any movement of the bike would set the rear wheel spinning uncontrollably.

I contacted Panda many times regarding the sensors, and kept being told they would arrive soon. They didn't. I was then told they would be several weeks, and I left it for 6 weeks over the summer. Still no sign of them, so I eventually sourced a pair elsewhere on the internet (from China) which arrived within days and which worked. I then contacted Panda to ask them to cancel my order for sensors and to refund me. The refund was finally made nearly 4 weeks after my request, and following numerous emails, some of which were ignored.

The product itself is reasonably satisfactory - it is evidently a standard Bafang kit with Panda badging, and in fact the sensors I used are Bafang ones. It works ok with the caveat about power delivery above, but I can accept this as the whole thing was relatively cheap.

However, service from Panda has been appalling. I'm sure everyone there means well, but I had an incredibly frustrating time, being promised things which just didn't happen. I suspect they may have too much business to be able to manage successfully and I will try my best never to use them again.
Terry Passey
Verified Buyer

Reply to your request re service on sales/support

I found your response to order purchase and despatch details first class,
your packaging was also very good.

Your response to email questions re engineering/fitting problems was very poor,
in fact almost non existent, except for the twice repeated reply that a response would
be made in 24 hours (none received )

I was almost on the point through frustration due to the lack of reply, packing the product
back in the box and returning it to you.
The good news – I found your Nottingham phone no plus OLIVER and that solved the
problems in a matter of a few minutes. (I would strongly suggest that you show your phone no
along with the email address on all your advertising)

I appreciate that you may have a heavy work load and that is great to see, but a speedy
and meaningful reaction to clients emails is essential to maintain that valuable brand
image. (it hard to build and so easy to loose )

Please do not take my comments the wrong way, I hope they are helpful

Best regards
Terry Passey

ps
Now I have it fitted and working I am very pleased with kit, my older cycling friends/members of the Solihull CC on our Friday club run are very impressed.
Kenneth Pye
Verified Buyer

Good response to problems I had,(problems not Panda's Fault)
Unverified Reviewer

I received the conversion kit with some missing parts, since that day I'm trying to get in touch with someone of the company but no email, no phone calls had an answer. Unacceptable!
I really scared that I wasted £900!

Dear sir or madam,

I am waiting for my order since 4 September. Please ship the order by 12th October 2017 to the address that I have provided to you today. If you cannot deliver within this time, I will retreat from my purchasing contract. In that case, please give me a full refund of CHF 433.35 to the bank account that I have provided to you today.

Unverified Reviewer

I transferred the payment 16 days ago, but have not received the delivery. You are not answering the phone. Support cto respond in 24 hours, but has not responded in a week.
Mike Scott

Panda Ebikes review.

Oliver was very helpful, because it was mid August and some of the team were on holiday, he seemed overworked and sometimes took a while to reply to emails.

Overall I was very happy with the level of service that I received.

The kit is now installed on my bike and I am looking forward to using an electric bike.

Mike Scott
Christopher Swindley
Verified Reviewer

I did a mid-drive conversion and after 500 miles I have taken it off again. Performance is extremely poor. Many minor criticisms, but the most daming one is that the power output is extremely inconsistent and doesn't give you the assistance you require reliably enough. Also the battery range is poor for this size battery, again because I don't believe it uses the available power in an efficient maner. Instruction video is good for the mechanical bits, but total lack of instruction for setting up the electrics. One connector didn't fit at all - solder job.
James Pritchard
Verified Buyer

I have yet to get this working, so not a full review of the product, which so far appears to be sound. The problems are more with the configuration to fit the donor bike and the fairly useless support. There are very few options to suit the particular donor bike - for example my bike had a Hollowtech crank and the cadence sensor didn't fit; I eventually found a sensor in Germany and am waiting for that to be shipped over. I asked Panda support some questions by email to try to configure the kit and these were either ignored or they didn't know the answer.
George Glister
Verified Buyer

Didn't receive the correct pass senser part from that every thing else came. But no sensers
Edouard Gillon

Dear Madam Sir
the PAS was missing from the kit , I have been managing by re using the old one , your team need to be more care full to check that every thing is complete prior sending
kind regards
edouard Gillon
Michael Bowden
Verified Buyer

Arrived on time and was very well packed.
Alan Theobald
Unverified Reviewer

Ordered parts and received totally wrong parts.Trying to convince them,Panda,they were wrong was a nightmare.Had to send pics of parts and involve Paypal to refund money,that took 2 weeks to resolve.When ordering parts,they don`t tell you they are out of stock,they take your money and ignore emails.
ALAN WEST
Verified Buyer

After an initial hold up, Oliver was brilliant in sorting my problem. Manoeuvring around the website was simplicity itself, and the purchasing process easy peasy.
Jennifer Edwards
Verified Buyer

I recently purchased an older butvery well built E-Bike that sorely needed modernization. I purchased one of their "Pro" kits including the twist throttle. Just this morning i finished instaling the kit and programming thecontroller. it's performance was truly amazing. on top of that it was totally compatable with my existing motor.
i did have some questions aboutwiring the motor, and was pleasantly suprised when my inquiry was replied to very quickly, and, after a few exchanges their technical support person was able toget me on theright trakc. Thank you Panda!
Jennifer from Bridlington
Marco
Verified Reviewer

It's not when a company gets it right first time that you find out how good they are, its when there is an issue and how they go about helping resolve it.

I bought a complete conversion kit (excluding battery) and it was delivered very promptly. After a few hours connecting it all up, it became apparent that there was a wiring problem. I contacted the support email and got a reply within their stated timeframe. They asked if I could swap a connector wiring (not something I would be comfortable with) or get an electrician to do it and they would reimburse me costs. Being a nervous buyer of electronics I asked if I could return the complete kit for an exchange, and they agreed. Whilst the kit was in the return process I had a couple more conversations with the support helpdesk and I asked if actually I could change the kit (from an eco to a pro) and offered to pay any difference. They had no problem accepting my request, and refused a further payment instead upgrading me at their cost. My new kit arrived again in a very timely manner and was an ease to fit (much easier to wire a pro kit than eco kit).

As stated at the beginning of this review its not when things go right but when there is a problem you end up either glad you chose a particular company or pulling your hair out. Panda E-bikes made me glad I chose them and I would happily recommend them to anyone.
Martyn Corner
Verified Buyer

For me to review this 250w pro kit you need to know a little story of why I purchased it.
I'm a keen regular cyclist used to commuting through London traffic on a 30 mile round trip daily.

In February 2017 I had an operation that took me away from cycling for month and I gained weight to 18 stone. After recovery the idea of 30 mile a day was exhausting with the daily work load as well and being 45 doesn't help the knees!.

I started to look at e bikes to relieve the stress but I was worried about range.
so to cut a long story short I discovered Panda bikes, read all the reviews and decided to take a risk and add the kit to my road bike.

The kit is well built and good quality components, the wire and connectors appear to be well sealed and click together well, all colour coded. Fitting the wheel required filing as mine was 9.5mm and needed 10.2mm gap to fit the threaded spindle.

My forks are carbon with alloy ends, so far all good as I was worried about the compatibility but I'm monitoring it over time and I have fitted a torque guard. Make sure to remove the Disc bolts as they can rub on the inside fork leg.

I recommend a bag to put the controller gear in as its much easier to handle all the wires and the box provided was not suitable due to the diameter of my down tube.

The battery 36v 14a/h fitted perfectly, its well made and surprisingly not as heavy as I thought it would be. It has a locking mechanism to remove and keep it in place and has enough power for me to easily cover 45 miles on a single charge on power 7 of the 9.
In terms of performance I did a lot of testing on different slopes but to put it simply on power 7 I can easily keep 18-19 mph on the flat and hills with added effort, on full power it will pull me all 18 stone at 21 mph on the flat.

When pulling of from a standstill and the motor kicks in there's so much torque from the little motor I struggle to keep up! it will help accelerate you up to speed in seconds.

The idea is it's an assist to peddling not a replacement after all it's on a push bike. I still get a workout, it still makes my heart rate go up so its good exercise.

My biggest problem and one I struggled with was the PAS system. I could not fit it as it is a little dated to the modern crank sets we have now. I have a Shimano Tiagra hollowtec 2 double crank and the supplied PAS sensor will not fit it standard but I managed to overcome it and now works perfectly after a little cutting and shaping.

The thumb shifter just doesn't work it may be faulty but it's not needed anyway as the PAS work perfectly.

I have completed at least 200 miles now and I'm very happy with the kit, it has took the daily strain out of my ride helped my knees and more importantly got me motivated to cycle again and loose the weight.

If you're thinking about it don't, just do it, I have not regretted it at all and still get to ride my favorite bike every day.
Panda Ebikes is rated 4.18 based on 88 reviews