National Home Cover Reviews

of reviewers recommend National Home Cover
Read National Home Cover Reviews

About National Home Cover:

Appliance Breakdown Protection Should Be A Straight Forward Hassle Free Process. At National Home Cover We Make This Possible For A Range Of Domestic Products Including Washing Machines, Dishwashers And Fridge-Freezers. Our Network Of Highly Experienced Engineers And Support Staff Are On Hand To Deliver The Service You Deserve.

info@nationalhomecover.com

Tell us how National Home Cover made you happy
***I am responding to my previous review*** I was getting nowhere in trying to demand a refund from NHC - I don't believe they ever had any intention of refunding this. I raised a complaint with my mothers bank, and after an initial refusal, they did finally intervene, and I am glad to say the £495 was refunded directly from NHC.
complete scam. they pray on the vulnerable. implying extending existing cover. The previous glowing reviews are no doubt added by the company. Which magazine have warned against them.
How the hell is this company allowed to trade? Sadly my Mother was a victim of one of their cold calls - where they quoted her current D&G insurance policies. As a result she was scammed for £495. I contacted them within the standard 14 day cancellation period, and was told the money would be refunded. After over one month, I am still waiting. Their attitude is very unprofessional, and they all seem to have very 'English' names, when it is obvious, none of them are. Every time I contact them, I am given every possible excuse - Banking system not working, emails down, cancellation team unavailable. I find it extremely sickening and disturbing that companies like this prey on vulnerable people, openly stealing their money.
This is a scam, I am a repair agent that they call to attend the customers they have duped into appliance insurance usually the elderly and vulnerable that they prey upon. Needless to say they have not paid the invoice outstanding. Avoid at all costs
I can't believe I have been taken in by this load of thieving scammers. I have just been in touch with them for the 1st time about a fault with my washing machine to be told the problem wasn't covered! I left domestic and general for this load of thieves - worst decision I ever made. Don't get caught like me!
Bunch of thieving scammers. Prey on vulnerable elderly people by cold calling and confusing them. They probably believe they'll get away with it! Arrogant low life narcissistic scum. Not a legit company. Your downfall is imminent. Expect an early morning raid comin Atcha. You'll reap what you sow dickheads.
This so called company are low life scammers who cold call vulnerable pensioners and steal their money. I have contacted Action Fraud (police) and encourage others to do the same. Cowardly, low life vermin.
Like other reviewers this company cold called me pretending to be my existing insurer. They caught me at a vulnerable moment and I didn’t realise they were not my insurer. They called me again a few weeks later looking for more money to extend the policy which I didn’t give them. My bank agreed it was fraudulent practise and refunded me via the direct debit indemnity policy. I’ll also be contacting the FCA. Don’t let this bunch con you
If I could give a negative 10 I would. This company preys on the old and vulnerable. My father was conned into a policy to cover his home appliances and was charged £284 in July and £511 in August. Please watch out for charges on your ageing parents accounts…they are incredibly sneaky.
Do not use this company as they took nearly £300 from my mothers account telling her that she needed to pay more home insurance out for her boiler . My mum is 90 years old this company knows who to target.I would call it a scam and have reported the matter to the correct authorities.
Do not use this company. Have scammed my mother twice into taking a policy she doesn’t need. We asked them the first time to refund the payment and not to call again. They have done the same thing this week and took more money then they said the policy would be.
Confused my elderly mother into thinking her cover with domestic and general was no longer available. Making her take out a policy that she didn’t need when in fact she was insured with d&g for three more months and renewable yearly. It’s very wrong to call people and mislead them like this.
Scam calls lying about my insurance status and offering discount to go with them. Why aren't these companies stopped?
Cold call and an attempt to sell to me on 20.08.21 insurance cover for my kitchen appliances by offering a 3 year cover for the price of 2 years with a further discount. It only works with a pre-payment of the whole insurance amount. They did not make it clear who they were creating the illusion that they were my current insurer and tried very, very hard to obtain my full banking details to debit my account. It very much looks like a scam and I certainly will not insure with this lot .
I am receiving telephone calls from this company almost on a weekly basis. They tell me my insurance is about to expire on my kitchen appliances and that because I have made no claims in the past year I will be getting a renewal discount. I have never ever had a policy of any kind with this company and can only surmise that they are cold calling with the hope of conning people into paying a premium. Each time they call I ask to be removed from their list, but to no avail.
Fraudulent, thieving, scammers. I have answered the phone several times to their representative telling me my policy for insuring freezer,Sky TV box, washing machine, tv etc was up for renewal at a discounted premium of £199. The thing is I do not have any record of ever dealing with them. I have asked for a paper renewal form to be posted on to me so I can check it out. Surprisingly nothing ever comes. Stay clear of this fraudulant company.
Exactly the same as others. Elderly mother. Schedule says £199, but elsewhere says £199 taken at outset then £296 later (just after cooling off period expires). A barge pole is too short when dealing with this lot.
Scam... constantly cold calling elderly relatives. Repeatedly asked them to take off their data source ans not call again to then receive abuse back. Do they not follow GDPR Regulation!!!
This company cold called my elderly mother who has dementia and scared her into giving her bank details by telling her she had to pay £300 insurance for her fridge. The same person kept phoning back throughout the evening to push for more infornation about her bank account. Please do not trust National Home Cover
DO NOT GO NEAR THIS COMPANY My 73 year old Dad is a dementia sufferer. He is unable to deal with his affairs. I am his power of attorney and help with bills/banking etc. I was shocked to see that this company targeted my Dad with hugely unethical sales tactics which resulted in him in handing over £495!!!!!!! He can not remember the call. He does not need this policy. I already sourced insurance from my parents. It's totally sickening, especially after reading other reviews, this company target the vulnerable to extract money. Huge amounts at that. Disgusting.
National Home Cover is rated 2.46 based on 61 reviews