MADE.COM Reviews

MADE.COM have a Customer Happiness Grade of C. Customers love their prices but are unhappy with their refunds. Full Insights

33% of reviewers recommend MADE.COM
9PM
9PM

How would you rate MADE.COM ?

"Completely incompetent customer service staff (thanks for nothing 'Nana', 'Karin' and 'Shawn'). I was told that delivery of two items could be arranged so that both were delivered together (to avoid me having to take multiple days off work). Also told that I would be contacted by delivery partners ahead of time to arrange suitable date. I had to chase up Made.com for updates, they hadn't bothered to tell me that one of the items had been delayed so I had to arrange for one off delivery all over again. Delivery due this week, no word from deliverers so asked Made.com for info. Got an email back saying they understood "how frustrating it can be dealing with delivery partners" and that was the extent of their help after taking my money. DPD, without notice, attempted delivery while I was at work so I rearranged for today and took a day off work. One package arrived. Contacted Made.com to find out where my second delivery was and after being put on hold for ages, was told that a delivery company who works for a different company had my furniture. Made.com never had any intention of arranging one delivery for my items so their staff effectively lied to me on more than one occasion. In the end I had to contact the third party delivery company myself and locate my order. DO NOT ORDER FROM MADE.COM UNLESS YOU DON'T WORK AND CAN SIT AT HOME ALL DAY WAITING FOR A DELIVERY THAT MAY OR MAY NOT ARRIVE AS YOU THINK YOU HAD ARRANGED. I now have to take another day off work for second part of my order. THEY COULD NOT CARE LESS ONCE THEY HAVE YOUR MONEY."
"Website and password reset does not work properly .takes way too long for products to be delivered. Very bad experience."
"Without fail the worst company I have ever experienced. No quality control over items - chairs arrived with broken legs(!), red die on grey chairs, stitching coming apart - the list goes on. My big mistake was placing an order of 4 items - my first order and my last. Having sent back on 1 Sep the two stools they sent as replacements for the first shoddy set (the replacements being even more damaged than the first set) I am still waiting for the £300 refund - it is now 15 Oct. I also do not believe that the names of Sian, Karin, Chloe etc are real people - I highly suspect these are AI robots. Every email I have received are written in exactly the same way, even down to the same punctuation errors ...."
"Waited nearly a month for an order (table and chairs) due to dispatch within 2-3 days, we needed the product quickly which was a key reason for choosing the design. It finally dispatched minus the table and Made couldn't advise when the table would arrive. Gave up and cancelled."
"Disgraceful, appalling, unreliable. What else can I say. Delivery lets you down every single time. Will definitely not buy again."
"They're a 'take your money and run' organisation. I ordered a bed and requested construction because of a knee injury. They missed it off the order and refused to add it back on because "once the order has been made they apparently can't change it". What makes it annoying is that the only reason I noticed the construction was missing because they emailed me to confirm the delivery and to check if everything was correct and let them know if there was any mistakes. They made a mistake, they brought it to my attention and then they refused to do anything about it. Ridiculous."
"THE worst customer service you can imagine, they simply do not care once they have your money. Product quality is hit and miss, they purposely leave parts of your order out (as do not have the staff to deliver all items on the same day despite items being ordered at the same time and not being informed of any delayed delivery times) and expect you to take time off work to take delivery of the parts of the order they have not supplied. Avoid if you want a stress free transaction. The sad part is people will continue t shop with them as their products are different. Sort it our MADE.COM!"
"Design is spectacular and the quality is so much higher than anything I've seen elsewhere."
"Useless customer service setup. Items do not look like web images. Complete waste of time and money as you are made to pay for their shitty unreliable collection for returns of products that are of very poor quality for the price"
"Product no longer fit for purpose as colour of said product not true to description. Customer service appalling and no recompense or concern. Advise - be careful about a company who has wonderful products but capitalist values and very poor customer care My guess is that if your product is fine you won’t have a problem but if not Dreadful"
"Really really bad quality. I sold the sofa on gumtree for a tiny price. It was made of cheap horrible splintered boards and terribly cheap fabric. Stiching came loose in a matter of weeks. Don’t be fooled. Also they hide reviews online and on fb!"
"I ordered a bed from this company on 29th July. It is now 27th September and I still don't have the bed, although Made has my money! The estimated dispatch date keeps being pushed further back, currently "estimated" at 25th October. Meanwhile I am sleeping on a mattress on the floor. Trying to get through to customer service by telephone is a nightmare, and they simply ignore your messages or emails. After eventually getting through, and throwing my toys out of my pram with a customer service rep I was offered a £60 voucher for inconvenience. However I still have no idea how many more times my order dispatch might be pushed back or if I will ever get the ( very expensive) bed I have paid for. I would strongly advise that you avoid dealing with this company."
"We ordered a bed on the Monday, it was dispatched on the Tuesday and delivered on the Saturday as scheduled- a couple hours earlier than scheduled! Was able to track the order and the delivery company sent updates and rang 10 mins before to check we were in. Couldn’t fault them. The bed went together easy enough and looks great, strong and doesn’t squeak like our old one did! Tip for if buying a storage bed (we got burcot storage bed) the base needed the weight of the mattress to help the spring mechanism close. Works perfect and the storage space is huge. Very happy and would order from them again"
"So you their products are cool, right? Sleek, stylish, seemingly well made? But that's about where the positive thoughts finish. I've had a truly horrific experience with made.com and their delivery partners Arrow XL. I've emerged from the whole saga stressed out and poorer. The only recommendation that I can make to anyone looking to buy anything from them is: just don't...it's simply not worth it. This all started when I ordered a bed from made.com and scheduled it for delivery on Monday. Despite me asking a family member to wait at home the whole day for the delivery, it just never showed up. Slightly confused by the whole thing I called the delivery number and they seemed even more confused but rescheduled the delivery for Saturday (apparently the earliest that they could). Saturday rolls around and my 6-month pregnant wife, 2 year old daughter and I wait all morning for the delivery only to realise that it wasnt coming. At this point I have already dismantled the old bed as I was giving it away to charity. So I have to call the delivery number again and this time they tell me that they can't ship the product because they haven't received all the products from made.com. At this point I call made.com and explain to them that my pregnant wife has to sleep on the floor because no-one has delivered the bed. They initially sound sympathetic (don't let that fool you, they couldnt care less) and promised to call me back once they managed to get to the bottom of this...they don't. Monday rolls around and I have to chase the delivery company (Arrow XL) but they keep passing around the responsibility. The final event was today (Tuesday) when I call Made.com to take responsibility for this ridiculous saga and they finally come clean...they are missing a piece of the order and the product has been discontinued. I ask them if they are prepared to make it right by replacing the item with a different colour (exactly the same model but costs £100 more) and after a few moments on hold the customer service agent (Ayesha) states that her senior team member (Sian) says 'no' and is only willing to refund the product and throw in a £40 voucher (as if I'm going to spend a further penny on Made.com). For me it seems ludicrous that this company is not prepared to act in good faith and make things right. At the end of it all, I just wanted the bed that I had paid for and was prepared to take something similar...but I kept getting the 'computer says no' automated response from Ayesha. They'll say things like 'I completely understand...' and 'we appreciate...' (just have a look at their replies in this forum) but when it comes down to it, you are just a ticket that they are looking to close and mark as 'solved'. So my final recommendation: if you don't want the hassle in your life; if you just want to get what you paid for; if you want to feel like a human in the process...buy elsewhere. Whether online or in-store there's plenty of other sites/shops that will treat you with respect and even if things go wrong, will make amends."
"I've returned my order nearly a month ago and made.com are completely ignoring my emails and no refund has been issued despite being promised it will be done over 3 weeks ago."
"Ordered a sofa from Made, delivery was actually earlier than I had first anticipated. Easy to use site, fast delivery and a beautiful product. Would definitely order again."
"Do not place a large order with Made.com. I was moving overseas and ordered lots of things - some stuff didn't arrive on time and even after repeated phone calls, it was challenging to cancel orders that would not come on time. I was not notified about delayed goods and returning some items was a nightmare. The company collecting returned shelves photographed the items before taking them. After this, the shelves appeared to be lost, so getting a refund (even with the removal company's pics) was challenging. Confusion over such a large order, coupled with a complete lack of care, left me in a real mess before leaving to work overseas. I liked made.com and this was not my first buying experience with them. I can say with some certainty that they have lost my custom."
"I ordered a desk which arrived 3 weeks after I placed my order... It was supposed to arrive within 7-10 days.. not very happy because I counted on having it earlier. Not happy with customer service. I had to convinced them to refund my delivery charge. They certainly do not know how to make a customer happy.. I am just reading other similar reviews. Too bad I did not read them before placing my order.."
"Absolutely dreadful experience, please don't buy. I have waited 11 weeks for a lamp to be delivered, and now they tell me that I need to wait another 85 day CRAZY! They buy items in bulk to save up on the products and make you wait an insane length of time, but want the money in advance! Awful company"
"Terrible customer service. I had faulty chairs delivered to me (with quality control stickers all over the items pointing out the flaws!) and now have to wait 16 weeks for a replacement. When you call to speak to a manager, you are told there are no managers in the building. Communication is terrible; when I asked for a refund on another item in my order I was not told that it would be a partial refund due to a voucher I used. This was after a MONTH of waiting for the refund, which I had to remind them about. Of course, I understand the voucher policy, but good customer service would have highlighted this from the get go! Won't be using again."
MADE.COM is rated 2.41 based on 73 reviews