MADE.COM Reviews

24% of reviewers recommend MADE.COM
1 New Reviews Written
7PM
7PM

Tell us how MADE.COM made you happy

Over a month
Over a week
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Very speedy delivery. Well packed glass light shade, looks absolutely beautiful, exactly what I was looking for."
Are you MADE.COM? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Previously deliveries and products have been fine, no complaints. Only this time I actually needed to ask two questions before ordering a sofa so I gave a call to the customer service (France). The customer service was very rude: the guy on the phone simply said "no" to my first question and then hung up before I had the time to ask for my second question! It's a pity that so much effort is put to create nice design and good website but then company does not give a penny about the customer service experience. Needless to say, I am putting that 2000 € to buy a sofa from elsewhere."
"My problem seems to be a common one – delivery. No problem with ordering, and the product, when I eventually saw it. DPD gave me a one-hour slot on a particular day, but I had to wait until 11am or so for that slot, so a chunk of the day is gone already. Driver missed the slot. Why? Went to wrong house – no GPS? – declared 'premises closed' and went back to the warehouse. I noticed on the DPD site that this happen within minutes of the slot so ! called DPD, as driver must be still in the area. Could not call back driver. MADE just pushed me on to delivery co. As I have a spinal injury, I had to have a friend wait with all day to help with delivery – waste of her time as well. They screwed up the following day too, with emails, chats, and four phone calls to get it sorted. Got delivery at 6.30pm – DPD, the delivery subcontractor, subcontracted the delivery to City Sprint. I complained to MADE when they asked for my customer service feedback. No response to my complaint. So I waited in for two days, and I am a freelancer so lost two days' work, and not one word of apology for their screw-ups (even DPD admitted that). And I cannot seem to get a proper email from MADE site to complain again. Never again. They do not take responsibility for delivery."
"Had a terrible experience with ordering some chairs from Made.com, they were a different colour to the image on the site and the description. They agreed to take them back and I took the day off work to wait for the courier to pick them up, but he drove past without stopping at my home (so his GPS said he was in range of my home, he was obviously running late and couldn't be bothered). Rearranged the date for collection, took another day off work, same thing happened again, and a third time. Customer service at Made.com is diabolical. They don't understand, they don't apologise and couldn't give a toss. Wouldn't order from here again."
"Items were delivered on the wrong delivery date, and Made.com refused to communicate with the courier services they left it up to me to coordinate with 3 separate courier services. After being delivered on the wrong date, it turns out that half my couch was missing from the delivery (a corner sofa, one side was missing) and the chair I ordered was broken. Now, 2 months later, I am still chasing them to fix this situation, and they are not even apologetic about it. No refund, nothing, and it seems as though unless I follow up repeatedly, nothing is happening."
"The products are stylish, and if everything goes well with your order, great. However, delivery is a disaster, as is returns, so do read on to be warned what you're getting yourself into: Ordered a table over Christmas. They use a partner called ArrowXL. In early Jan, they texted me a delivery date two days later. I rang them up as I wouldn't be home - but they couldn't change the date until AFTER the attempted failed delivery. Rang them the next day after the delivery, and given an earliest date two weeks later! So now arriving 17th Jan, more than 3 weeks after. No Saturday delivery slots, no timed delivery slots, no AM/PM choosing. You only find out on the day. Returns are a hassle too for some chairs that I ordered. No store you can return to. No parcelshop to drop off. It is collection via DPD. You can specify a day, but not the time. You get that only in the morning of the day itself. In my case, the driver didn't turn up all day, despite me being home, and no message or text either. Very poor service, now I have to stay home another day to receive the delivery."
"Diabolical service. Took the day off work for delivery of a bed. 2 texts saying it was on it's way do I took my old bed to recycle centre.... bed never arrived now need to rebook a delivery which is 5 days away. I have no bed..."
"Absolutely horrendous experience with this company. I shan’t bore you with the full story, but their relationship with their delivery service is extremely poor. Waited 8 weeks for the wrong sofa to arrive..then it was going to be taken away leaving me with no sofa over Christmas did another 8 weeks. Told there was one in the depot, then there wasn’t, then there was. Then delivered a damaged sofa! Then a date organised to be picked up but didn’t. No refund till they get their damaged sofa back. So who’s the most affected in the case?"
"Or they change delivery carrier company or all clients will hate made.com Most unreliable carrier ever: no time slots, not appearing when ecpected with no notification they are not showing off, full weeks not able to come to a London area,... non-stop pain. Plus 1 full month to recover back your money after order returned, a very bad joke.."
"Even want to give -0 for made.com service. Made a order for 10 items and all of them delivered with different couriers means delivery at different date and time for this 10 items. The worse thing is damaging item when requested return, made.com arrange DPD to collect, the time to wait for them to collect is 11am to 5pm means you have to waste your whole day waiting for them and DPD even not showing up without any reason, contacted madr.com only reply it’s a failed delivery. Very bad experience with all the suffering by purchasing made.com Wasting time service"
"Ordered a Hyron guest bed on 20th Nov which was due to be delivered by the start of December. In plenty of time to get it into our 4 year olds bedroom and also make sure that the elderly inlaws had a proper bed to sleep on for Christmas. Great customer service initially as I ordered a few days before the Black Friday sale and the bed was reduced so rather than cancel and re-order they said their finance department would refund the lower price - great. Anyway kept checking online and the date kept slipping - no email. Fine I thought no real rush I just need it in time for xmas. Anyway the date has kept moving further back. Contacted the customer service dept again and this is what their warehouse said “delays are unforeseen and might happen again” - what kind of response is that. Anyway was offered to cancel or hold out and receive a voucher for £50. I’d still really like a new bed - we have promised our 4 year old buy a big boy bed but I have never received customer service as bad as this! Feel loathed to cancel but I might need to at this point."
"Very unreliable company. I would advise not buy any product from Made.com. Basically the delivery information that they provide is unrealistic and they will not deliver the product in the promised time frame shown when you bought the product. Customer service is awful, you can call 30 times a day and talk to Lorranine, Megan, Jenny, etc... but nobody is able to tell you when your product will be dispatched or delivered, even if the delivery date promised is passed its due date. Horrible experience so far and I have not even seen the product yet."
"Awful experience ordering here! I needed a bed delivered before Christmas for family to stay in. Placed the order well in advance, bed was meant to be out for delivery by 12th but never arrived. I contacted customer service 5 times and no one wanted to inform me that the bed was never going to arrive because the delivery company had lost a part. This information was available back then and I’m furious that I wasn’t even told! I could have found a replacement from IKEA without the headache. Would definitely not recommend"
"I’ve had a nightmare with made.com. It started off smoothly armchair and bedside tables delivered on time and correct. Then came the sofa and wardrobes. Ordered both 23 October at a combined cost of £3k. Sofa delivered 8 December. A right hand facing L shape sofa in regal blue velvet. What was deliver was a left hand facing L in teal green velvet. The joke of it all was the customer order sticker said the right thing and was stuck next to product sticker clearly completely wrong to order sticker yet it was packed up and delivered. I phoned straight away to get a response if we’ll send you another one... in February what a joke. Then the wardrobes to be delivered and assembled 27 dec I thought I would check all was going to plan after the sofa episode. A response of oh it’s now going to 8 March... how? 23 October and £3k spend for a February and March delivery. It’s the worst I’ve ever experienced and made.com will never get a penny of my money ever again."
"The wardrobe I bought is not very good quality though I can live with this as it is acceptable. The wardrobe is very tall so I simply wanted to purchase an extra rail and 2 rail ends for me to have a lot more storage for clothing. I am told the only thing I can do is order another pack at £59 that consists of another wardrobe shell, shelves and a RAIL! I asked if I could have the details for where to order one of the rails from as I cannot find the same rail ends in any stores. These was nothing they could do to help I was told after 2 complaints to customer services. For the height of the wardrobe, customers should be able to purchase any extra shelves or rails as there is room for plenty of storage in the CAREN wardrobe."
"Seriously disappointed in MADE. If you're thinking about buying from MADE, read the reviews before you do. We took a chance in placing an order for a new sideboard, which arrived on-time, five weeks after being ordered. Delivery chaps were very helpful & friendly (just want to make sure MADE don't try to put the blame on them). Whilst putting the unit together I found that although I had been charged for a new item, what had been delivered was someone-else's cast-offs. Some of the wall sections had imprints where the hinges had previously been attached and in the process had damaged where the screws/fittings would go - so it would only have been a matter of time before the doors sagged if I'd not seen it. When I called to complain (emailing pics of the second-hand furniture), I was told I would have to wait three months for a new one as each item was made to order, at which point I pointed out that that can't be true or I wouldn't have received used goods n the first place, and why not just send the one that had been made for us instead. I was told that wasn't possible and if I wanted a new one, we'd have to wait three months (a ridiculous sales ploy intended for us to keep the furniture and take a discount). Items now repackaged and awaiting collection. I now hope that they at least refund me quickly unlike some of the reviewers below. I would never place my trust in MADE again."
"Having bought about 10 items from Made over the past two months my impressions of them is good products at good prices, and good customer service who have put up with a lot of requests from my side. The negatives are them taking a looooong time (a month) to process a refund (I'm actually still waiting), and one of their delivery partners - Arrow XL - who refused to unpack my items (although they were obliged to) and literally ran away before I could call Made, didn't contact me before arriving (although obliged to), and arrived before their delivery window while I was on a work call. Challenges with buying furniture with every supplier, but overall a good impression of Made."
"Placed an order for an armchair at the start of the month with the promise of delivery by Christmas. Lots of emails and texts updating me on the delivery which was booked in today for a morning delivery slot. Phone call from the courier at 8am to say there had been a “stock issue” and they could not deliver. Made say the courier has “lost” the chair. New delivery date 4-6 weeks. Order cancelled. Don’t waste your money."
"Oh dear, I am soooo frustrated and disappointed. Nothing has gone right so far, apart from made.com taking money from my account for a sofa I am still waiting to receive. Please made.com find another delivery company ArrowXL are absolutly awful. Listen to your customers and their terrible experiences at the hands of your delivery partners. I placed an order for a corner sofa on 22 Nov, with intructions that my sofa will need to be delivered in a small van due to narrow driveway. This was completely ignored. Wasted a whole days annual leave waiting for said delivery, don't even think the delivery lorry bothered to turn up and no phonecall from the driver to say they can't access the property and will have to return sofa to the depot. After trying to get through to Arrow XL customer service, finally get through to be told they couldn't delivery because a 7 tonne truck couldn't access my property. Had to rearrange another date for a small van team to deliver. Waited another two weeks, was given another date, was told it would definitely be delivered before xmas, only finding out when i rang on the delivery day that there had been a mix up and my sofa was not loaded onto the small van for delivery that day. Another whole day's annual leave wasted. This was on 15 Dec. So again, Monday 17 Dec, having to make way to many calls to Arrow XL, to try an rearrange a delivery date. Still waiting for a delivery date. It would be a miracle if A. Someone does call me back, B. I get a delivery date before xmas eve, C. It actually gets loaded onto the van. D. The delivery team actually manage to deliver it to my property. I have been without a sofa in my new home since November. Was going to order more items from made.com, but not anymore. Love the brand, but really, really, really hate my customer experience to date, so frustrated with the time I am having to spend to chase a delivery. Even more annoying is I live 15 mins from one of their showrooms, so could have gone round and picked it up myself if they could deliver there. Think twice before ordering from made.com, delivery is a huge problem!! Who knows if i will ever receive my sofa. Really don't want to go down the cancelling my order process, but I may end up having to."
"Purchased a wardrobe for £550 on the 20th July which was due to be delivered on the 26th October. I was told that I would be contacted to arrange a suitable delivery time, that didn't happen and I had to chase them. I eventually received a call after my scheduled delivery time and the earliest delivery was the 23rd of november (4 weeks after the original due date). When the unit arrived, it was damaged and again I was told I would be contacted to rectify the issue. This call never came and I had to chase Made up again. I was offered a £50 partial refund or a 4-6 week wait for replacement parts. I have had to take another day off work to let the company in to dismantle and reassemble the wardrobe with the new part. This is not the level of service you expect when spending this amount of money, multiple phone calls and emails, 6 months delivery time, product not fit for purpose. And given the price of the item, the wardrobe is flimsy I honestly believe IKEA wardrobes I have purchased in the past have been better build quality. AVOID"
MADE.COM is rated 2.06 based on 131 reviews