Lidl UK Reviews

85% of reviewers recommend Lidl UK
7PM
7PM

Tell us how Lidl UK made you happy

"Lidl bermondsey SE8. Store dirty with frozen and fresh food left around the store. Nobody collecting the food and putting back in to the cabinets. No trolleys, all have been stolen. Staff are useless, so is the management. Store needs a good clean."
Are you Lidl UK? No one is perfect. Reply to this negative review and show your potential customers that you value the feedback Lidl UK receives and that when things do go wrong you do your best to put things right. Reply Free
"Lidl Midland Way Nottingham - Needs competent management.... Friday 4.50 p.m 16th November -two checkouts open plus self service - long queues. 5.10 pm finished shopping and all three queues now reach halfway along store length - still only two checkouts open - two staff talking to each other near self service queue plus a guy hovering near a closed checkout... Didn't want to grow old waiting and left trolley of shopping. Asked security guard outside the store if there was a shortage of staff and a male member of staff standing alongside smoking a cigarette said 'No mate - there will be more staff on soon! Soon wasn't quick enough for us - we did our shopping at Aldi just up the road - very quick with six checkouts open. This store is fine but this level of service is happening more frequently nowadays..... and bear in mind if arriving by car - park between the lines and not over them as there is a guy with a camera who will arrange for you to be fined the equivalent of a weeks shopping - Lidl of course deny its anything to do with them"
"I wanted to buy 2 cases of wine but was told I could only buy 6 bottles as I had cleared their shelf. The manager said to call them if I wanted to buy 12 bottles in the future. I looked for the telephone number but they are ex directory and upon ringing the central number was told they don't allow bulk purchases and that if I wanted bulk buys I should go and speak to the manager then go back again. As this is a 10 mile return trip this is a waste of my time and money. Would I have had the same problem if I wanted to buy milk? I doubt it."
"Lidl could save themselves some money by removing the hammer at the end of the "mini cheese bakes" production line. The customer would get 100% whole biscuits and Lidl would save the cost of smashing about 30% of the biscuits into bits!"
"Clean calm store chatty staff goof products and loads of pennies saved"
"We've done our weekly shop at Lidl for the past 6 years, mainly due to budget as we're on a low income. Overall we've always been satisfied with the products on sale and value for money. My only real issue is the monotoneous choice which hardly varies month in month out. We would be so much happier if Lidl done away with the luxury and novelty end food and drink and offered instead a wider choice of every day grocery produce. Personally, we consume a great deal of fresh fruit and vegtables. Much of this is hit or miss. Sometimes the produce is fresh and of good quality other times its quite apalling, especially the bagged salads and green beans which are nearly always going black. But we accept you get what you pay for and its nice to have a budget grocery store to fall back on when you're not fortunate enough not to worry about money. And for that we're grateful to Lidl. Thank you."
"Disgraceful. Was in the new lidl in Bulwell Nottingham. The place is dangerous. Cut my head on a sharp piece of metal on a shelf. Reported it to a nearby assistant. Had a poor no care attitude. Disgusting"
"On Monday 11th June 2018 at 15.20 I visited the Lidl shop in Madeley, Telford.. I picked up two items that had 30% reduced labels on and proceed to the checkout. Upon paying I realised that I had not been charged the amount for the items that was printed on the labels. I asked the cashier why this was?. I was told that the shop had run out of labels and was reusing the labels from a previous reduction but that 30% had been taken off the items original price (despite it stating a different amount on the label) and she couldn't do anything about it. I said I didn't think knowingly mis-pricing an item was an acceptable practice and asked to speak to a manager. Eventually a manager arrived (with no name badge on) and although she did give me a refund was extremely rude to me and repeatedly denied the shop was in any way at fault. I asked for the managers details and despite saying she would give me them repeatedly went on to explain how the shop wasn't at fault. After 4-5 more requests for the her name I was ushered away from other staff & customers I was then asked "Tell me why you have got a f***ing problem with me?". In utter disbelief, I again asked for her details, and said if she didn't give me them I would take her photo so that I could make a complaint. After yet another refused request I took the photo at which point she physically refused to let me leave the store and called a security guard who blocked my exit. I then asked if I remove the photo from my phone if she would give me her details, the manager again replied "yes" but once the photo was removed she still refused to give me her details!. I was verbally abused and sworn at in front of customers as I left the store and was told I was banned. I went to the trouble of reporting this incident to Lidl themselves and rather than address the incident with the member of staff they have confirmed my ban from this store without giving me any explanation. Lidl Customer Services have shared information about this complaint with unrelated members of staff who have then attempted to troll me on social media. Further underlying the complete lack of any standards at this company. This company will never receive my money again and quite frankly they don't deserve yours!"
"Ditched Ocado for a month to try and save money. Tried Asda, the price was good, but some of the goods we're not. So I then tried shopping in Lidl. Prices were exceptional, but the food was worse than Asda. Limited range, dry, cardboard tasting, lacking flavour. There seemed to be no pride in the product, only the price. I am back to Ocado. Sorry, but this saving a few quid is not worth it."
"Whilst I understand that having a no frills store helps to keep the costs down so we benefit with lower shopping bills, I don't think that should include scrimping on the cleaning. I have been into my local lidl for the last 3 Friday's including today. the floor edges and ledges around the till areas have not been cleaned since that first visit. I was able to make a pattern in the dust. A till receipt has been lodged under a rack for all that time. If that is the state of the main shop floor I wonder what the areas the public don't get to see are like. On a positive note I would like to add that the staff on the shop floor are always very helpful, polite and efficient."
"Used the photo gift service to create a cushion for my niece who is off to university. Uploading images doable for me as a non technical person. Prices very good in comparison to other places. End product good and well printed. Downside took longer to arrive than they said and they were not quick in responding when I chased them for delivery info (hence the 3 star score)"
"The WEEKLY OFFERS THEY HAVE YOU CANNOT MATCH IN ANY OTHER STORE . TODAY 3rd sept , A WIRELESS RECHARGE ABLE HOVER To gether with clothing £ 60.00 . A REAL BARGAIN."
"bad customer services .not experienced staffs .they are very rude...erdington birmingham"
"Excellent customer service at both Waltham Cross and Waltham Abbey stores."
"2 beautiful big new Lidl stores beside me. I love those stores but will never again visit because of the parking cameras and then the booking-in parking system in the shop. FAR TOO MUCH STRESS FOR ME, makes me feel like a criminal, not a mere shopper."
"Great team at Pentwyn Lidl who are friendly, helpful and make shopping more enjoyable. Great feel of community!"
"best quality and good price"
"Really convenient, offered most of the things I needed, and easy to use the checkout. The hazelnut chocolate croissants and toffee yumyums are the main reason I go there, but they might run out if you arrive after midday."
"I bought two garden chairs and after unpacking noticed one was slightly bent. They changed without giving me the third degree. Unlike so many British retailers"
"Love Lidl in Dun Laoghaire. Staff are always so polite and helpful and I am always finding little bargains you wont get elsewhere!"
Lidl UK is rated 4.26 based on 123 reviews