Lidl UK Reviews

90% of reviewers recommend Lidl UK

How would you rate Lidl UK?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

86 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Lidl UK in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"Excellent value for money at all times and good quality too, with long opening hours and plenty of self-service tills."
"great store to shop low cost shopping"
Ms Helms
"Prices reasonable and good quality products"
"I done my shopping last week, the price and quality of all the products were fab. Usually I struggle to find time to do my shopping with trying to balance time for my kids and job. I would love a home delivery service."
"They had all i needed at reasonable prices to suit my budget"
"Value for money, friendly staff, good reduced deals."
Sue
"Brilliant value for money!"
"I can only give two stars because of the not very good quality of their food items in all their stores. However, I need to state that they are ten times better than Aldi, who are likely to close their Dover store due to the massive new Lidl down where B&Q were, possibly still are. They are due to close though. Oh, and in Lidl you are not rushed along like you are in Aldi with their absolutely dreadful anti elderly checkouts."
"Lidl stores for me are the best to supply everything a person may need in one store. It offers a wide range of products of good quality in my opinion. The price also is covinient mostly for big families. Furthermore the Lidl staff is always ready to help and is very kind."
David
"always top quality goods"
"i love lidl"
"Stylish clothing? Come off it. Terrible stuff, although there stores in general are much better than Aldi, much cleaner too. Usually better quality."
Karen
"I think Lidl are fantastic. I love their clothing as it is stylish, affordable and wears well. I recommend the meatballs and ribs in the cold section."
NH Storbeck
"I bought a bag of potatoes which were of doubtful quality. Because I rely on others to take me shopping I was not able to take them back straight away so I wrote to Lidl. Very reluctantly, after many emails I got a letter with instructions to show it to the store manager who would replace the potatoes. Very poor customer service compared to other larger stores."
Raquel
"Shop there and is grate place to buy cheap and quality."
"For years, every so often I would visit the local Lidl, to pick up assorted goodies at what seemed good prices and, on occasion, when the draw of their South African Cabernet Sauvignon, their chocolate aisle, their prawn crackers, and even on occasion, their 3-ply loo roll and cheap but good aubergines, was enough to outweigh the thought of their overly-long till-queues, I would visit again. But then they tried to pack in more shelf space, more customers were drawn to the shop and they swapped out a couple of manned till for a bank of auto-tills, and, over the least few months, the draw has been virtually non-existent: the pros were never outweighed by the cons. Then, last night, after promising to pick up my wife from a friend's house at around 11.30pm, before seeing out to pick her up, I found we were low on milk and bread and that the Lidl en-route closed at 11pm. As I drove to near the Lidl at around 10.50pm, I then saw, contrary to its normal fullness the car park was virtually empty, so I quickly parked up and rushed about the store to by some milk, wine, bread and chocolate. The only tills pen at this time were the self service ones and the only interaction I has with any assistant was when one had to come over to confirm i was of sufficient age to buy wine. At NO point, did anyone alert me to the fact that in the previous month or so, Lidl had contracted out management of its car park to a predatory ANPR/CCTV enforcer, who was now likely to issue me a penalty because, when I drove out of that car park, I had not scanned my receipt and entered my car registration into their machine. I learned about this after picking up my wife and, overnight, it really annoyed me, especially as, this morning, instead of going for an early swim, I spent time instead talking to Lidl customer service when it opened at 8am. However, instead of saying, 'Oh, don't worry, let us sort that out for you', the woman at the other end said, 'well we do have signs up around the car park and in the store you know!'. The attitude stinks! I then contacted customer service by email and the response was about keeping hold of the receipt and what to do to try and appeal, if their contractor, Athena ANPR Ltd, issues me with a 'Parking Charge Notice'. If Lidl's attitude to its duty of care to look after customers in this area, extends to how it looks after the food customers purchase, I fear for the nation. They will know who I am. They will soon know also to regret this example of appalling management culture. Yesterday, I posted a very similar review to this one on Trustpilot, where many of the most recent reviews have been one-star, like mine. I am intrigued to find out if this review survives in this space, which seems a rather contrarian sea of positivitiy, Is this truly a fair representation or is there some kind of slant here, so as to be able to farm revenues from the reviewed entities? Whatever, corporate need to understand their duty of care to customers and, if they fall prey to feedback unfairly skewed to the positive, they will be less well informed about mounting problems and ultimately their fall from grace is likely to be sharper and swifter. Businesses need to know when they have taken a wrong turn, especially with governance and service matters and here, I think Lidl needs a massive and urgent correction. Until then, beware!"
Eleanor Johnson
"Amazing! Such a full trolley for so little money. Fresh veg and fruit. Fantastic Ritter rum raisins and hazelnut chocolate. Mmmm"
"Come off it!! We do not want any self service checkouts anywhere. Period. Do you know that the price of paying someone to check out your goodies is factored in to every single item you buy? You are in fact paying them to use their self service checkouts. If they want us to use them then offer a discount to people doing so. There is more though. For every self service checkout someone is out of a job. Think about it if you really care and do not use them. Are you sure you really waited 20 minutes or are you mistaken? Apart from all this Lidl are a pretty good company to shop with as long as you realise that any cheap food will not be all that good quality. Just be careful what you buy. Be thankful you were not in Aldi!!"
Elaine Heale
"Checkout assistants in HARTLEPOOL are shocking. I accept they want people through the checkout process asap, but this store is ridiculous. I've stopped shopping there because my 80 year old mother get tutted at for being too slow. Between we used to spend 150 a week in this shop. Started using Morrisons, as they don't throw your groceries into your trolley. Lidl -if you want quick checkout put some self service ones in ALL your stores."
"LIDL is truly wonderful. Always introducing new great items and offering great customers services at all time. Five star!"
Lidl UK is rated 4.37 based on 89 reviews