Handtec Reviews

10% of reviewers recommend Handtec
00AM
12AM

Tell us how Handtec made you happy

6 - 12 Hours
"AVOID THESE CON ARTISTS I think they have a standard email that is sent to all customers. I was offered £210 for my Samsung S8+. Now they sent me the following email (it may sound familiar lol) "Dear Customer  Thank you for sending your device. Unfortunately, we have found the condition selected does not match the actual condition of the device we have received.  Please see our report from our engineers.  Engineer Report Notes:  battery cycle 750, battery health 76%, scratches on the front screen, LCD screen burn, scratches around the housing. This does affect the condition of the device and the value of recycle. With careful consideration, we have revised the original quote to £100.00 Please advise in the next 5 working days. If we do not hear from you, we will take this as your acceptance and will credit the amount quoted to your nominated account. For more info please refer to our terms and conditions. Kind regards  Sellphone24 Engineer" I rejected their offer, was put on hold for 2mins then was offered £175. WOW an increase of £75... why? Was the engineers report wrong or is it because you're trying to con people?! I've asked for my phone back."
Are you Handtec? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Seems to be a regular complaint. Received half what I was advised. Said there were scratches plus a battery that was 75% efficient. How am I meant to be in control of battery efficiency something which is part of natural wear and tear and completely out of the owners control but can reduce the quote by half . What a bloody joke."
"Worst company EVER. Offered £100 for phone, sent to them PRISTINE . They've emailed saying its dented/scratched and some BS about poor battery!!! Only giving me £50!! SCAM SCAM SCAM!!!!!"
"Awful company avoid. Sent phone back under warranty they have damaged it and refusing to mend or replace it."
"I ordered a refurbished phone but it developed a fault. I sent it back within the warranty period, waited quite a while and then got back to them. FIrst, the warranty was denied, but upon proof being offered, acknowledged. 24th Jan: I was told I would get my phone back 'asap'. Then I waited again, phoned after a while and was told it was out of warranty. I flagged-up the email from Handtec saying that this was incorrect and was told I'd get a call back from a supervisor. Unsurprisingly (by this time) I did not. I waited - again. 31st January: 'you will receive it within this week'. On the 6th Feb I emailed asking for a complete refund. 7th Feb I received an email ignoring my request for a refund and saying that Handtec 'will send it back to you and will be delivered by the end of this week'. 15th Feb: NO REFUND, NO PHONE, NO EMAIL. AVOID THIS COMPANY! Handtec: I have had to purchase another phone in the meantime. Please provide a full refund and keep the faulty phone."
"DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY I had a device valued at around £100 and sent it in, carefully wrapped and packaged. They then reduced the valuation to less than a third of the original quoted price, despite by their own admission the device being in the same condition I described to receive the £100+ quote. I asked for my device to be sent back. They then revised the quote, almost doubling the reduce offer but still half of the original quote. I asked for me device to be sent back. They the revised the quote again, increasing it to more than double the first reduced quote and not much off the original quote. By this point I no longer wanted to have anything to do with Handtec as this seemed very wrong as they were clearly deliberately reducing the prices they would give people to a fraction of the original quote to swindle people. I asked for my device to be returned. This was more than 2 weeks ago and I still have not received my device back. In the meantime, I have been sent someone else’s device by mistake, which was more valuable than my own but that I returned on the basis that they may have tried to dupe someone else and they were trying to get their property back too. I was told that my device would be grunted on 24 hour delivery. It has been significantly more than this and I still have not received my device back. So all in all AVOID HANDTEC! At best they will try and screw you out of the true value of your peropty, at worst they will take your property, not compensate you as promised and not return your property."
"Liars. They promised compensation for two useless phones. They then refused to send the compensation."
"DO NOT USE THIS Company. They are con merchants and do not provide what they advertise. They deny everything and provide nothing. I sent back a phone which stopped working within a month. They said they would refund money then said it was damaged!!! Oh how convenient! I am pursuing through credit card company, trading standards and filing a police report!! Do Not Use... con merchants."
"Don’t use this company they have lost our phone then payed us £170 less than offered"
"Sent my 1 week old iPhone X to this company. Online price was quoted at £466. Sent my phone special delivery. Took the company 24hrs to confirm receipt of my phone after me emailing and asking. They came back with a reduced offer of £420. Got an email on Friday saying they had paid and money would be in account within 24hrs didn’t receive payment in my account until Monday. The company’s communication is terrible. Would never use again."
"Following from the faulty phone, I asked for a refund a week ago and the staff member said it will be in your account in 4 days. Well he lied, so i called back and now he is saying wait another 3 days. This company are not only selling faulty phones but once you send it back they kept the money. I will give them 2 more days until I file a police report."
"Sold me Nexus 5x. 7 months later it broke. Returned it to get fixed. One year no contact from Handtec side. They refused to fix my phone because the warranty had ran off while it stayed in their warehouse. I wrote negative review on trustpilot. Got threatened to remove or they won't resolve my issue. I have filed a police report as well. Stay away from this company."
"I recently bought a iPhone 7 from this company like 1 week ago and then when it finally came I was excited, delivery was perfect but after 3 days in it starts acting up and making noise as if they sold me a faulty phone. So I gave it another 2 days but got worse and called this number 01733298500. The staff member told me ok send it back as that's not right it should not act up. And once received we will send you another one. Sent it costing me extra money to send guaranteed next day and then I called but no one is picking up. Now I'm reading the negative comments. I refuse to be scammed as its illegal and investigation does need to be done. You cannot advertise that it's refurbished and has been checked properly when it's not."
"Very quick delivery to ireland. Phone is unreal 😀 it is well worth the money. Good quality"
"Though it is true you will receive your item quickly and it will 'appear' to be in perfect working condition, the truth is don't expect that to last. Within less than a month after the purchase of my Huawei P9 (with a years warranty) the phone started shutting down at random, the battery reader would fluctuate from 100% to 35% and then 0% within an hour, I'd then have to wait until the battery reader registered the correct charge before I could switch my phone back on. Also using simple built in apps (such as the camera function) would cause the phone to switch off. I contacted Handtec (within the first three months of the one year warranty) because this issues had not stopped, in fact they'd gotten worse and I believed this to be an illegal sale as they falsely advertised the item as in 'working condition' with no 'obvious faults' (I suppose it depends what you consider working condition to be). Handtecs response was that because I didn't call within 14 days of receiving the item I will not be able to obtain a replacement. Instead not only have they suggested I go without a phone over the Christmas period, but I should also pay postage to return my phone to them, with no fixed time of how long it will take to repair the phone (so I could be waiting any period of time for it's return). Truly an atrocious response to a paying customer when selling a faulty item illegally. I've now made plans to contact the appropriate authorities to have the company investigated and my money retrieved. MY suggestion to others is to stay clear of this dodgy company. They clearly have no morals or decent customer service qualities."
"If I could give O I would have done. Bought a dash cam as my daughter travels on the motorway every day with two small children. I could not get it to work and neither could five other members of the family. Did return under guarantee and it was exchanged. After reminding them they had not sent it back. As this was no use either I sent it back and asked for money back. Had another sent in return and told I could not have a refund. Am going to Peterborough so phoned to tell them I would call in and leave it for them to set up and working and I would collect it later that day. Told they are not allowed to do that and for safety I am not allowed in the building. What excellent service and customer care ???? So the dash cam is for the bin and money thrown away. I have emailed and telephoned"
"I had a joke of century when they send me the email that they got the package but it's empty ..now they are putting blame on Royal mail .. worst customer service"
"I was sold a phone with a non original (it wasnt Gorilla glass) screen which broke with a very small impact. Customer service refused to accept this and denied it was non-original; all without seeing the screen, asking to see it, etc. Very disapointed, both with the phone and customer service, which doesnt really deserve the title. Lesson learned.... what you buy here is not always what it seems to be? EDIT: Happy to say I was contacted regarding this matter and had the cost of replacement screen refunded. Pleasantly surprised and happy to recomend Handtec; where apparently, customer service is alive and well after all!"
"SCAM- If i could give them no stars i would!! If i could give them no stars i would!! Purchased a second hand phone less than two months ago, the phone came with a chip at the side and no charger, this i didn't mind as it was second hand after all. This is a phone i use for work as well so it is used professionally. Woke up one morning and the phone stopped working. Sent the phone back recorded delivery to the repair team after i explained the fault, had a very slow responses from Dave and the team was telling me my item hadn't arrived yet when i checked with royal mail it had. After chasing up with them several times i finally get a response about my phone saying 'The phone has had some external force applied to it and caused the housing to bend and this has damaged the motherboard Due to this the warranty is voided.' This was not an issue on my behalf, i purchased the phone in the beginning of October and sent it back last week. No compensation was offered, no replacement was offered. The only offer i had was for them to purchase the phone back for £15. So i'm out of pocket £150 and a broken phone. I'm honestly so disappointed in this level of service. If you're thinking of buying from them- DON'T"
Handtec is rated 1.41 based on 29 reviews