Great Haywood Boat Sales Reviews

57% of reviewers recommend Great Haywood Boat Sales

How would you rate Great Haywood Boat Sales?

7 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Mark

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Great Haywood Boat Sales in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"We were ushered into another room and left unnattended for half an an hour. No polite welcome when we arrived barely a word spoken to us. This was our second visit to the boat sales office. The first being being a very pushy and Ill mannered affair which consisted on us not being allowed to view any boats and constant probing about our budget. I feel the hard sell and judgemental attitude of Mandy to be of no use whatsoever. We went back to see if things had changed but it was worse than before. It seems that for a company whose business is selling boats they have no interest in even letting potential customers view the boats on offer. We travelled miles to get there I never got to see a single boat. We would be cash buyers and ready to buy immediately. I’ve taken my business elsewhere and suggest potential buyers do the same. Neighbouring marinas offered a far better experience and an incredible level of service in comparison to those available there. It is a shame that such a beautiful spot should be barred by such poor service and complete lack of manners when dealing with the general public. Mark"
Gwyn And John Grocott
Unverified Reviewer
"After a bit of a rocky start, choosing a boat that needed so much doing to it after having the survey, and deciding we didn't want to go ahead, we were lucky to find Stoney. We found the sales team pleasant, Mandy was helpful and kept us up to date. I did feel we were rushed into making our decision, especially with our first choice. You don't usually buy a house after an hour's viewing, you go away and think about it. Its a big commitment. But very happy with our choice, settling in nicely so would like to thank the whole Great Haywood team - letting us moor until the stoppages were over, doing jobs for us and generally being nice. We'll pop and see you when we are down your way. (Apologies for the delay in writing this - enjoying ourselves too much!!)"
"Me and my wife have purchased and sold through GHBS and can offer nothing but praise. The service is second to none. It is rare that I feel a review is necessary, and when I do write one it is normally less than positive. What could have been a stressful process was made very straight forward. Outstanding service all round."
"Great service. Have sold a boat through this company. They sold the boat on the first viewing to someone on their database. Our 35ft boat was moored at the end of our garden and they came over with the customer to show them the boat and carry out the negotiations which was one of the reasons we came to them in the first place. A pleasure to deal with. Couldn't have asked for more, thanks all."
"What a gastly experience I had when I showed interest in a narrow boat with this company. It seemed that they were more interested in my financial status than they were in answering my enquiry about the boat. The lady on the phone was rude and insistent about knowing my budget and seemed unwilling to pass any information my way until She knew. Obviously this information is irrelevant as I would not be enquiring about a narrow boat that I could not afford to buy. Having tried to bypass this insistent ladies interest in my personal finances, I decided to look elsewhere. I have spoken to several other persons involved in narrow boating that have also experienced a poor response and one in peticular who had nothing at all good to say for the attitude towards them when dealing with them. They had a terrible experience, so this is a big no for me."
"Last Sunday I was given the complete run around your boat sales team. I came to view the boat on Sunday and complete the sale. I was expecting to be able to move onto the boat and any problems the boat may have had to have been checked over before I came to save a wasted journey, this was not the case. Before I signed any paper work I wanted to have a look and test everything to see if it works before the deeds are signed the previous owner showed us around when he came to the engine bay it was full of water. He said there shouldn’t be that much in there and he couldn’t work out why there was. He was concerned as he couldn’t work out why that was there. He even said that you were to sort out any issues about the boat before we came to test it. I felt I couldn’t complete the sale as this discovery was worrying and could be, for all I know, a major problem that needed to be looked at. The issue I have is that before we ventured out on our long journey the boat should have been looked over that morning first thing. Had this of been done we would have expected to have been called and told not to come today until the problem of why the water was there was solved. As it happens this wasn’t done and a consequence of this was that we was totally put out and messed around. So myself and my partner had spent the whole of Saturday planning what to bring, preparing, getting it ready, loading it into the van ready for our move onto the boat. The next morning, we travelled a long way from near london to your marina to sign the contract and collect the boat only to discover this issue ourselves. This marina completely wasted our time, we were £50 out of pocket for the journey, we are now going to have to repeat again. The staff were full of excuses and i found the way we were treated unacceptable and shocking."
"I would like to thank Mandy and the team for all the support they provided in making my dream of owning a narrow boat a reality. I spent months researching for the perfect live aboard and visiting various boat companies but could not find the correct boat, until I visited great Haywood boats. The perfect boat was waiting for me named Armadillo, Mandy was so professional in guiding me through the buying process and helping with problems that came along. Many thanks to you all. David/ Armadillo."
Great Haywood Boat Sales is rated 3.14 based on 7 reviews