Economy Energy Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
refunds process
Difficult
"Best company to work for actually."
Are you Economy Energy? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Andrew Hill customer Service"
"Upped debit and refused to refund 140 pounds credit.been with them 5mths.cant wait to leave.im not a moneylender.contacted police ofgem bank and energy ombudsman."
"When I joined they took two months upfront, after six months they increased my electricity charge because it was going to be a severe winter????? I could have understood if they had increased gas charge, When I challenged it I might as well have been talking to a rocking horse. At end of contract they could not offer anything on fixed rate and it meant a £200 increase per annum so I gave notice and left. Now I am over £100 in credit and have told them it is budgeted for and will cause hardship If I have to wait the 8 weeks they say it might take. They are not prepared to take individual circumstances into account. We are pensioners and my wife is disabled and they know this. I am not the happiest bunny in the warren."
"Having switched supplier when Economyenergy couldn't even come close to offering a competitive tariff, I am having great difficulty in getting a refund of £351-98 outstanding credit when my contract ended on 10/10/18. This includes a direct debit taken on 23/10/18, almost two weeks AFTER my contract ended, and even though my account was in credit. I was told by them that a refund would have to wait until my final bill was generated, which wouldn't be until 3rd December. This seems ludicrous as my last electricity statement was on 25/10/18, and there is no justifiable reason for it not to cover the end of my contract. It is just a crude excuse for Economyenergy to hang on to MY money for as long as it can."
"Had loads of trouble getting top up cards, then ended up with 4 electric cards and no gas card. After two and a half hours of phone calls and repetitive address corrections, they finally got it right and I recieved my cards about 3 months after signing up to them."
"I ended my contract with economy energy October 2018 A further direct payment left my account after contract ended . I am still owed nearly £600 and now still have to wait till possibly April 2019 as they have gone into administration"
"switched to economy energy around July 2018 Within 3 months my projected usage costs went up nearly 40%. switched suppliers as soon I was notified of tariff change. Phoned up 4 week later to be told I have credit of £260, in 3 months?? Anyway, try getting you month back. Its no Jan 10th and I am still being fed lies about my refund.Customer services openly admitted that ex customers are still waiting Since July 2018 and still waiting. Going to look into taking a small claim against them to get my refund. Last call, I Spoke with Lyndsey from Customer services and was basically fed a load of lies about my refund working up a spreadsheet. This is surplus money owed to customers probably sitting in an account earning interest, yet we are having to wait 7+ months fore the refund Absolutely shocking company, use at you own risk"
"Switched from economy energy July 2018, thank goodness. Waited ever since for my credit to be refunded. Liars and constantly fobbed off. Have been sent threatening letters and a letter before action. So distressing for pensioners. In the end I clawed back my direct debit payment via my bank which left them owing me approx £1. Just knew that a company could not trade as bad as this and carry on. I had a lucky escape."
"Best news i have heard today. Got what they deserve they are a total waste of time including all staff a load of morons total liars. Was with them only 6 months and left them. Yes they owe me money but i have had some back. Feel sorry for the people who are owed loads good luck. My problem is now with the ombudsman not holding my breath. However take my advise my new company Bristol Energy excellent."
"If i could leave zero stars i would certainly do so. Economy energy have owed me approximately £110 since early November 2018 when i moved to Eon. Three phone calls later to them and 3 lies from them about receiving the refund and i am still waiting for the money . Please stay well away from this company if you want ever to receive any credit back on your final bill. And as the other reviewers have noted the customer service is dreadful."
"Now [04/01/2019] that E.E. have been informed by Ofgem that they cannot take on any new customers until they sort themselves out it seems that if everyone leaves [as advised by Martin Lewis who was ironically recommending them a year ago] it will naturally cause the company to close. I understand that in that case we and our credits will automatically be transferred to another supplier by some unnamed choosing method so I have decided to stay put to give E.E. a chance although from my experience they hardly deserve it and if they get out of this situation they could have a name change to Houdini.. ."
"Do not change to this supplier. I switched from them and they confirmed a credit balance on switch over. It took weeks of letters emails abd eventually a ccj being issued to get repaid truly awful admin and customer service. DO NOT DEAL cheap for a reason. If a supplier already carefully watch payments against usage"
"Similar experience of poor customer service and ineffective complaints process as other unfortunate customers of Economy Energy. Left on 17 August and 5 months later still waiting to receive the refund of £203. All I have heard from their customer service and more recently their complaints team is that the refund has been approved and I'll receive it soon. I am still waiting! Delighted to note earlier today that the regulator has the same dim view of this company."
"as with other postings I switched from Economy Energy on October 23 2018 to E.on expecting the 2 companies to do the necessary as has always happened in the past. I am a serial switcher and have had no problems previously. However following a piece in the Daily Mail on December 19 I checked DD payments and Economy Energy took out payments on Nov 3 and Dec 3 to the tune of £150 so emailed a complaint to them the same day and cancelled the DD at my bank then got 2 emails asking why! The message I got in reply basically said as they hadn't worked out a final bill they could not do anything at this time! I was also in credit with my electricity account and due to them doubling my payment for gas 3 months ago the account for that must have been neutral. I am unsure of the correct situation because on my EE account page I can't find any balances beyond October."
"Switch to this company in 2017 for duel energy supply, when they took two month payment in the first months, stating this was their normal standard to ensure that your account never went into a minus status, left them in September 2018 when they iaished to increase by double the amount per month. Both accounts was in credit, still waiting on the refund of 235.00. Five months later. Been advised that they agree they owe me the money and that it would be back back to me this was in December still no refund"
"I left Economy Energy on 17th October 2018. I am still trying to get my refund of over £550, nearly 4 months later Wish I’d read other people’s reviews first. Also when you call them they give you the option of a call back - that doesn’t happen."
"Left early October- still fighting for gas refund of over £430 (I was given a date but they didn’t transfer funds) Also took dual fuel payments after the switch date so sought that money via my bank. My husband had his calls terminated when he asked for a supervisor and was refused a complaints department telephone number. Now I have cancelled the DD I have been told a cheque will be in the post..."
"Please avoid this company at all costs no matter how tempting it's low prices may be. When something goes wrong they do not care. For the past 2 weeks myself and my 2 young children have been left with no hot water or heating. It's the middle of winter and it's also Christmas so as you can imagine it's been a horrendous time for us It all started when we couldn't get our boiler to come on. We rang a plumber who came out and instantly said it's not the boiler it's the gas meter. We then rang economy energy who are responsible for the meter. They refused to send an engineer out and simply said it's not our problem it's your boiler. This went on for a few days. Eventually we had no option but to ring an emergency gas engineer out who instantly condemed the meter as it was a danger to use !. Finally economy agreed to send an engineer out who installed a new meter and ensured a card to credit the meter would be with us shortly. A week later and after our Christmas being ruined and 2 children full of cold no card arrived. When I rang them they said they would send someone out....surprise surprise no one came. They then order a temporary card for us to collect from a local shop. Upon collected card and putting money on it we discovered it was invalid ! Now we are not only out of gas still but are out of pocket until the money we put on the card is returned to the bank. This company is ran by utter idiots. They have no idea what they are doing."
Economy Energy is rated 1.10 based on 160 reviews

Create Free Account Now

Fill the details below & get instant access