Economy Energy Reviews

customer service
Returns & Refunds
Difficult
refunds process
"Extremely poor customer service. I moved over to Economy Energy and despite sending photographs of my meters they have registered my meters as prepayment and now I can’t move to a new supplier. I sent the photographs 12 months ago and thought that it had been resolved. I have emailed and phoned and had online ‘chat’ but the person I need to speak with is unavailable. DO NOT SWITCH to this company. When the prices increase you are unable to move due to their incompetencey."
Are you Economy Energy? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Economy Energy offer poor service and are very difficult to get money back from if you are moving cancel your direct debit and make sure you owe them money before leaving.I moved on oct 1 2018 they took 28 days to put the bill together and said it would take up to a further 28 days to get my credit back. I have sent several emails and made lots of calls there managers wont speak to you as its about a refund POOR SERVICE BE AWARE!!!!!"
"I left them on 8th October they owe me £247.18p.I have tried everything can't get it so 8weeks are up on 18th December when energy ombudsman will take it on hopefully they'll have more luck than me"
"Economy Energy have no intention of supplying gas or electricity, They are only interested in stealing your monies"
"I've been waiting for my refund after closing my account with them since August. Called them two weeks ago just to be told they are still processing the refund and can't tell me when it is going to be paid back in to my account. Two weeks on...still nothing. Additionally, when we were with them they messed up our bills on few occasions. The worse company ever. Avoid."
"Left Economy Energy at the end of September following their Gas Price increase of 50%, (that's insane!) and now they're not refunding £100's of MY money. I suspect they're in financial difficulty. hmmm... maybe we need a few companies to go bust before people realise making £50 off of a £1,100 domestic energy bill for the big 6 wasn't so unreasonable, and would've allowed for future investment. It's the fat cat bankers and directors on >£250k that need the peoples' wrath not the Utilities."
"Terrible company who cannot bill correctly, lie and only do anything about their crappy service when the Ombudsman gets involved."
"Don't join them. They take 2 extra direct debits when you join up. They say to help keep costs down. When I left they could not give me a date after 8 weeks when they would return my credit of £250 CROOKS AVOID Now taking them to court"
"I'm so glad I am no longer with this energy company. They persistently overcharged me (not just seasonable adjustments) and did not advise me of any cheaper tariffs available than the one I was on. They ended up owing me over £500 which I am yet to be refunded, despite having left them in August. Their customer service advice regarding the refund process has been contradictory and ambiguous. I have contacted them dozens of times now and been fobbed off with 'you're on a spreadsheet and we will send you a text or an email when it's your turn'. However, I have had at least two new 'final bills' for both gas and electricity generated since I left them, with a little of what they owe me skimmed off each time. I've gone from being owed £568 to £512 due to standing charges even though I left them months ago. I resorted to making a formal complaint so I can begin the Ombudsman process, which is the next step. However, the same useless, vague advice was given by the formal complaints team, 'we can't give you a timescale but you're on the list'. Great, thanks for nothing. It also took 4 weeks for my formal complaint to be addressed. It feels like they don't care about good customer service at all. In comparison, when I left British Gas a few years ago and they owed me money (>£800), I got it within two weeks of the end of my contract. I just want my money back and to forget they even exist."
"I switched from Economy Energy over 2 months ago and, have made several requests for a refund of the outstanding balace. They are delaying the refund and cannot tell me when they will make lt. I suspect that they may be having financial difficulties."
"Their customer service is useless. Their so called customer advisors don't seem to be capable of solving even a simple problems. Their complaints procedure is again useless, taking more than 20 days to respond and even then sending a vague email without explaining what they have done."
"Could not get refund. Been three months since I left but still no refund. Avoid at all costs"
"We terminated our account in October. They had continually ignore the meter readings that we sent them and persistently overestimated our usage. They have yet to send a final account. They are still trying to collect further payments from us. They fail to deal with complaints and tell me that it will be up to 8 weeks before I will get a final account. I have no indication as to when I will receive the monies due to me which are likely to amount to £400 -500. I know I am not alone. Avoid this company at all costs. They lack transparency and have a total disregard for their customers. If they owe you money you should consider approaching Watchdog and also complaining to the ombudsman."
"transferred to new supplier 17/10/18 economy energy still took money out of my account 01/11/18 emailed the company they emailed back should take at least 14 days to reinburse money owed to me, they helped themselves to more money out of my account on the 03/12/18 unbelievable . Have contacted them through live chat the ladie seemed very helpful told me its all in hand might get me money back one day"
"Same as everyone else on here, they are basically thieves, overcharging people and then refusing to refund the money. It’s been 2 month since I switched and they owe me £305.00 and I just keep getting fobbed off. I’ve lost hope at getting the money back reading these reviews. If a someone on the street stole money off me they’d be headed to prison. How can companies be allowed to steal from us??!!"
"This is the worst energy company I have experienced in my life! Every call I make to customer services, I am given conflicting and incorrect information by the staff, even managers. Following this I have raised more than one complaint. They marked them as resolved without even speaking to me about it! Emails to specific people are ignored and unfortunatelyI feel they lack any common sense when dealing with any issues. Avoid like the plague!"
"Can’t get a refund of £390 Since 26 September when I left Just get fobbed off told there is no time scale and they can’t say when I will get it Shocking service despite the web site stating refunds take 14 days I have now asked for a deadlock"
"Useless awful company. Again with holding MY money when a refund of massive overpayments has been requested. Passed from pillar to post and constantly having to start conversations from scratch. Do not have any timescales as to when they will make a refund. Absolutley disgusting company that do not care one bit about their customers. DO NOT SWITCH!! The worst company in hand ever had to deal with. They should be fined and reprimanded for their behaviour. If it were possible I would rate them minus 0. I just hope this review deters any other people joining them"
"Don’t deserve even 1 star...no time for you or any concerns/queries. Put prices up by 30% in first month. I switched supplier on 3rd Oct and had to request my finals bills, request that I’d like a refund of credit, query a new gas bill (even though we’ve switched) originally they stated a backlog on refunds and now state no timescale for refunds. Internet search will show you lots of disgruntled customers. AVOID THIS COMPANY!!"
"I changed to this company some months ago as it came back with the best deal, after a few months they decided to put up their prices to virtually match the big 6, so on reflect i changed again and now I cannot get my overpayments returned, and they are totally ignorant when I email the complaints department, the only reply I get is the standard reply, we will get back to you within 24 hours. They do by asking my full name and address when they have my account number in the email. I return my address to them - then it’s nothing. I have even told them they are breaking the law by holding my money after 14 days. They just do not care other than lining their pockets and going more money from the interest from the banks. I was warned about these but chose to ignore as I got a good deal. TOTALLY IGNORANT COMPANY I will put this on as many places as possible"
Economy Energy is rated 1.10 based on 161 reviews