Direct Line Reviews

73% of reviewers recommend Direct Line

How would you rate Direct Line ?

"Direct Line - what a joke I regret the day I ever heard the words "direct line". I currently have home,car and pet insurance with them but will certainly not renew after the way they have handled my claim for a smashed patio door. On a Thursday evening I cut the lawn and a stone flew up and shattered the pation door. After spending 25 minutes on hold an agent asnswered and took my details. Then she put me on hold again while she "checked the database". She then explained they used the database to avoid fraudulent claims and went on to say that my claim could not be processed because I had not declared two previous claims. I asked for details which she was unable to provide but said they would contact me after speaking to the underwriters. Net morning I contacted my previous insurers about my claims record and they assured me I had had no claims for buildings in the previous 5 years but one cllaim for a broken watch. I rand DL again and the agent checked the database again and admitted that the first agent was mistaken and there were no undeclared claims and my claim could proceed. I then asked should I get a local contractor to give an estimate and they said that was not necessary and they would sort it. Next day an assessor called to measure up. He covered the smashed window with cling film and said they would be in touch in two days to say when they would do the work, A week later I sam still waiting. Aside from DL inferring that I lied about my previous record and tried to decieve them I am left with a cling film covered window and not even an idea of when it will be done. incidentally a local firm would have done it in 3 days for under £250. Direct line? Never again! Sunday 3rd June. No "courtesy phone call" as promised or indeed any other contact."
"Great customer service!"
"I have just renewed my car insurance with agent aj1. He was particularly helpful and dealt with my query promptly. Very impressed with the service."
"Very happy with with quote and staff were very helpful great company"
"Direct Line and Nationwide Assist Just so Car clinic are refusing to repair damage from an accident stating that it happened before the accident when you go an internet search this has happened before to other people stay well clear. Just so car clinic also did a bad job before on a previous car but did actually rectify it do a degree should have learnt the first time but Direct Line said that there would be a delay in sending out their engineer so it was quicker to use their repair garage. Thieves both companies!!"
"They were a disgrace when I tried to renew my recently deceased mum's home. They had also been overcharging her with an astonishing fee for her insurance. I shall be complaining about them to the ombudsman."
"The price was reasonable for the cover i required. Easy to set up the policy. Staff very helpful and obliging too."
"Insurance is well produced and understandable and service is excellent"
"Website easy to use and staff answered questions quickly."
"Great quote for my home insurance, but also included travel insurance"
"Customer service is excellent with happy friendly helpful staff and they have kept my policy low for my last 2 renewals."
Direct Line is rated 3.82 based on 11 reviews