Wren Kitchens Reviews

36% of reviewers recommend Wren Kitchens

How would you rate Wren Kitchens?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

22 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00
Wren Kitchen Disaster

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Wren Kitchens in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
Wren Kitchen Disaster
Verified Reviewer
"4 years of hell, lies and bullying and my kitchen is still not complete. The Wren dream only exists in their multi million pound showrooms and marketing campaigns. The reality couldn’t be more different... If you’re still considering Wren, I urge you to do 5 minutes of research first. I wish I had."
"Had our kitchen delivered and all the parts were damaged either paint chipped, paint rubbed off or had an orange peel effect. When we started to fit it it was obvious that they can't use a tape measure as they mis-measured it so it didn't fit. Also parts were missing and I had to pay for them on top of what i'd already paid. Wren replaced the damaged parts with even more damaged, and then even more damaged parts. I have a garage full of damaged parts. There is an issue with my oven and washing machine which they refuse to take ownership of and said I have to speak to the manufacturers. They think they are above your Consumer Rights and totally ignore them. Don't waste your money or time with them as you will end up spending endless hours on wasted emails and phone calls. Plue speaking to Trading Standards, The Furniture Ombudsman, The Financial Ombudsman and if you take out their finance Barclays as well. Do you really want to go through all this and still end up with a rubbish kitchen that isn't Fit for Purpose and won't last more then a few weeks/months. Do your research and look on FB at the number of groups of dissatisfied customers."
"Wren review [Draft]This message hasn't been sent. Saved on: Sat 17/02/2018 08:45 (No subject) [Draft]This message hasn't been sent. Saved on: Wed 11/10/2017 18:42 We shopped around. We looked at various options with different companies and after two meetings with a designer at Wren's Great Western Road branch in Glasgow we finally settled on a plan and design that we loved - and even though it worked out more expensive than some of the others we had looked at, we were certain it would be worth paying the extra for the seemingly better quality build and finish. I'd read negative reviews online but chose to overlook them, as my thinking was that people are far quicker to leave a review when they are annoyed with something than when they are pleased with it. BIG MISTAKE!  The first hitch was delivery. We were told that it would be delivered on a date to suit us once we had organised a fitter . This was not the case.  It was delivered almost a week before we needed it - at Wren's convenience, entirely filling the downstairs of our home - blocking our hallway, living room and downstairs bedroom. The downstairs bedroom is occupied by our disabled son who suffers from cerebral palsy. He had to be moved to stay with relatives until he was able to access his living quarters again. Designer was well aware of the date we had arranged the fitting to start - Monday 15th May. At NO POINT were we advised not to arrange a fitter - in fact we were told to let them know once we had organised a fitter and they would arrange delivery as close to fitting date as possible. On the 15th of May our fitter arrived and unpacked some of the boxes to begin the fitting. Immediately we found 3 out of 5 of the doors we had opened were damaged, either chipped or had grains of dirt/wood/sand underneath the gloss finish leaving lumps. The wrong lights had been sent - instead of 2 packs of flush bright under unit lights we had a flush bright and a non flush warm light. We needed 3 packs of plinth lights. Only 2 were sent. I called customer services and spoke to a lady, reporting the issues and she asked me if we had opened and examined all the boxes on delivery. We hadn't of course, we trusted that everything would arrive in perfect condition! She then told me that we should have examined the goods when they arrived and we were only allowed to make ONE 'phone call to report any problems, if we had any problems when the rest of the boxes were opened we would only be allowed one more telephone call to discuss the issues. Not customer friendly in the slightest!! I advised her that no one had told us this. In fact quite the opposite, we had been told we should call customer services if we had any problems at all and they would be happy to help. In reality they weren't happy to help. At all.  The following day we discovered the drawers we had been sent were gloss instead of matt effect and one of the drawer fronts was badly damaged. The glass sent for the hob splash back was too large and unusable so we had to order a specially made piece from elsewhere so that I could use the hob safely - at our own expense.. More chipped doors came to light. The under oven door was completely the wrong size - it had been designed around a double oven despite me being clear at the design stage that I was only going to have a single. And the door for the corner wall unit would not open or close once it was assembled. We called the store to ask for advice and were told to proceed with the fitting, that there had been numerous problems with these corner unit doors and it was all down to the hinges, new hinges would be sent. New hinges came and the door was still wedged. We spoke to the designer as did our fitter, we spoke to customer services - someone said the wrong size door had been sent, someone said the fitter had hung the cupboard wrong, someone said the cupboards either side were wrong for that type of unit and on and on and on.... and eventually the result was that more hinges would be sent.  The hinges came. The door wouldn't budge. 4 sets of hinges later, the designer said he would send a Wren fitter to check it and now our week with our fitter was over. The damaged doors were left without handles, 2 holes left where doors should be, lights were missing, we couldn't put on skirting boards until the footplates were in place and they couldn't be put in until the missing lights arrived. We had imagined that at the end of that week we would have our dream kitchen and what we actually had was an unfinished mess, bits missing and no one to finish it when the pieces finally arrived.  More weeks passed. The missing and damaged door parts and lights arrived in bits and bobs. But still the corner unit was a mystery to everyone. It was the door, it was the hinge, it was the fitter......There must have been in excess of 50 calls and emails sent to various people to try and resolve this and EVENTUALLY after my husband kicking up a fuss, a Wren surveyor came out to look at it and said he could see no problem at all with the fitting of the cupboard. The fitter had not made a mistake and hinges were fine. He couldn't figure out why, when assembled, the door would not open and shut. He took pictures and said he would go back and speak to Wren specialists and get back to us on the matter, which he did two days later. And said it had been fitted incorrectly. There were NO INSTRUCTIONS on how to fit this unit on the plan we were provided with by Wren but apparently it is hung quite differently from a 'normal' wall unit. It has to be set forward of the two units which attach either side and it hadn't been as this was never communicated to us or our fitter in any way, shape or form. With the result that the unit would have to be taken down, adjusted and re-hung.  FINALLY, FIVE MONTHS after it was started, another fitter came to finish our kitchen. We have had to pay him of course, on top of what we have already paid the first fitter who has long since moved on to his other commitments. Now that the unit has been adjusted - along with the two either side - the cornice and plinths around those 3 units no longer fit so it is STILL unfinished. We called to order a new length of cornice and have been charged over £77! £50 for the part and £27 for delivery. We have paid for parts we couldn't use. We have waited weeks for missing parts to arrive. We have been living with a half finished kitchen for MONTHS. We have had to pay extra on labour and parts thanks to the defects and delays - £180 On Friday alone, and we have had enough. We are not complainers, ever, but the stress and inconvenience this whole experience has caused has been immeasurable. I wish I had listened to the online reviews before we signed up and committed ourselves to months of upset and a busted budget. Bear in mind we are in possession of a useless piece of glass costing over £80, still unopened in its wrapping - which Wren have refused to refund us for. That we would not have been £100 out of pocket to a second fitter if the kitchen had arrived complete and undamaged. And that we went ahead and fitted the corner unit on the advice of Wren staff which resulted in the cornice/plinth needing to be replaced, so to then charge us £77 for this item is surely unfair?! I outlined the above in an email to customer services. Ironically and somewhat appropriately their response went straight to my junk folder! They point towards their 'terms and conditions' and say we should not have arranged a fitter until after the kitchen had been delivered and checked and any faults/missing parts reported and replaced. During this time the downstairs of our home would have been completely unusable, so my son would have had to go and stay with relatives for weeks rather than days (as everything we had to re-order took between 2 and 4 weeks to arrive) thank you Wren - how very sensitive and understanding of you! They refer to a "one time resolution" and say ALL issues should have been reported in one go, as per 'terms and conditions'. They do not make refunds for wrong/unrequired items their designers put on the plan, so if the designer makes a mistake the customer pays for it. Its in the 'terms and conditions' that you accept this when you sign up. Nor do they compensate for additional costs incurred as a result of their bad advice. I should also point out that if you do find an issue with any part of your kitchen you have to wait for it to be manufactured and delivered from their factory in England - our doors and drawers took around 3 weeks at a time. I would never recommend this company to anyone. It has amazed us since our problems began how many other people we have come across who have had similar issues - customers at work, our friends -  and friends of friends! I wish one of them had warned us! Don't be fooled by the fancy showrooms and promises of customer satisfaction because once they have your money Wren don't give a hoot about your kitchen or your satisfaction. Go to B&Q. I wish we had! I am now waiting for the paint to start flaking off the gloss doors as it has with so many other Wren customers who bought from the same range. Every door has a mottled/dimpled effect when you look at it and the colour appears to be going from a dark grey to a greeny grey. We now know that their 20 year warranty they use to sell their kitchens does NOT cover doors, only the unit carcass. I wish we'd never heard of Wren. Check a Facebook page called 'Wren kitchens disasters' for other real experiences before you buy from this company. Some of them will blow you away. *Wren have responded to my review on other sites publicly stating that someone would contact me to resolve my complaint. No one ever did."
"It would be quicker for me to say what went right with my experience of Wren. I received my delivery and almost every panel/frontal was scratched/damaged. The wren fitter was very rushed. We waited months fir replacement frontals. In fact over 2years since the kitchen first started being fitted. We have received numerous replacement items 70% of which were damaged in some way. Failed delivery, incorrect items delivered on multiple occasions. Remedial fitters not turning up. Please search for wren disasters Facebook for more customer feedback. I am in the process of claiming through my credit card."
"Bought a high gloss kitchen from the Infinity Plus range. Door and draws arrived chipped scratched and with other sorts of paint issues. After a total of 43 doors draws for a kitchen which only has 15 we are claiming back through the card company. Wren show total contempt for customers once they have your money they try to bamboozle the inexperienced and show a total disregard for consumer rights. Check out WrenKitchenDisasters on Facebook and don't use Wren. You have been warned"
Sally S
"Wonderful service, great choice of styles and finish of kitchens. Not the cheapest, but certainly the best quality. Free design service, allowing us to see not only the floor plan and diagrams of each wall, but a 360degree "walk through" as well."
"Delivered my order efficiently and on time. Beautifully finished kitchen units and appliances"
"The design process was easy and the designer was able to make suggestions to improve our kitchen. Very happy with the price and delivery time agreed."
Sami
"Our kitchen looks amazing!"
"excellent value for money, great design, looks beautiful, service excellent from start to finish"
Dave Tebbutt
"Over 15 months on from purchasing a full kitchen, appliances and install package from Wren. Two Installation Managers and five opportunities provided to undertake the install and rectification work, one of which included them flooding my kitchen. Countless hours expended in phone and email correspondence, yet despite this I’m still left with a catalogue of problems, including a faulty cooker. Somehow, Wren deems this as a ‘complete and finished kitchen’, which they would consider meets their standard of supply and install. Unfortunately the list of problems with this kitchen seems to be never-ending and problems are worsening as the weeks go on. The quality of the materials and standard of fit is so poor the entire thing is just basically falling to pieces, all this and it still hasn’t been completed yet! I have no functional cooker, even the manufacturer refuses to replace this, as they advise the kitchen spacing Wren have allowed for the cooker doesn’t meet the manufacturers or gas safe regulations. The wooden worktop is faulty and lifting, the doors and units are dropping and will not close properly, the tap is faulty, and the joins and gaps throughout the kitchen would make Pablo Picasso envious. The fridge and microwave have developed faults and the boiler cupboard has been formed with botched offcuts of wood, the handle has even been put on the same side as the hinges and so is of no use. The boiler cupboard door also opens onto you as apparently they were unable to attach this to the wall…not bad for £300ish! Oh, and they also ‘packed out' the side wall plinth of the boiler cupboard with another offcut from one of the many other substandard parts of the install, leaving another unsightly gap and poor finish. I am also owed a number of refunds, which include, but are far from being limited to the Belfast sink. As the only route to resolution from the Install Manager ‘as they must have a faulty batch’ was to source and supply this myself as they were unable to supply yet another non-faulty product and I was left without running water in the kitchen for weeks. More empty promises were received from the Wren Installation Manager back in December 2016 that the refunds were being actioned and would follow through shortly, despite continually chasing, to date these still haven’t been received. They will also not address any correspondence on this despite having a paper trail with the Install Manager in relation to it. From the start, they have favoured dealing with any correspondence piece meal, I can only assume to drag out the situation and try and wear the customer down. The above just scratches the surface of this ongoing saga, which will be leaving me with no kitchen for the second Christmas. It’s apparent Wren feel the Consumer Rights Act is beneath them. The store manager even admitted he isn’t aware of this because ‘this is what they have a legal department for’. The last 15 months have been a living nightmare, the only thing they seem to excel at is making empty promises."
Wren Will Know
Unverified Reviewer
"You do not know who is coming into your home, poor tradesmen as we chose Wren installation, cannot blame the fitter bit the tiler was a complete disaster. When ordering we were told the kitchen would be a quick installation due to the cupboards already being assembled well we were without a kitchen sink for three weeks and my dishwasher for three months. Fortunately we received a charge back due to us paying partly with our credit card. Wren are now saying that they will not honour the warranty, the warranty that we have paid for. Still having problems where the cupboard doors are not closing, not enough paint on the doors, we cannot get to adjust the tap pressure due to the way the plumbing has been fitted. I could not recommend Wren Kitchens, the lack of customer care comes from the top we have emailled the directors we are in negotiations with the ombudsman, Trading Standards and our MP"
"Appalling service and product. Anyone thinking of buying from them I would strongly recommend you go elsewhere. Am currently awaiting a visit from a surveyor sent from Barclays Finance as we are rejecting the kitchen due to the poor standard of product and fitting"
Chris Lambourne
Verified Reviewer
"PLEASE BE WARNED. 180 days of hell. And it's still not over. https://youtu.be/GmU4Hn1r8_I On Tuesday 08/08/17, my wife and I had had enough of the ‘Cowboy Builders’ service that Wren dares to call a ‘Professional Installation Service’. So, we contacted Wren’s Company’s Managing Director, Mark Pullan. His email address is mjp 'at' wrenliving 'dot' com. The following day we received a response and only then did we see things starting to happen. It is a sad state of affairs that we had to resort to this measure after already waiting 59 days for our kitchen to be installed. Notwithstanding, it still took Wren a further 43 days to complete the installation. We took countless unpaid days off work for items ‘not to be delivered’ on their delivery date. We had so many deliveries, in dribs and drabs – bits missing, items broken, parts failed to be delivered. Pre‐contract, we were sold the professional installation service by the designer (Swindon) based on the understanding that it the installation would be ‘project managed’ for me, that Wren would take care of all logistics, and ensure a stress free, expedient, professional installation. We have had the exact opposite. This has quite literally brought us to tears. I have records comprising over 102 emails, calls and text messages to/from Wren Kitchens to date. We completed a claim form to be compensated for the non‐existent “professional installation service”, notwithstanding the stress, anguish, disruption, neglect and absence of any quality service, and loss of earnings. Wren responded after several weeks offering £150 as a 'gesture of good will'. We are now in the process of escalating to the Furniture Ombudsman, and leaving a full account of our “Wren Kitchens experience” on every review site on the internet. I am already drafting a letter to BBC Watchdog and Rip Off Britain, who I recall are familiar with Wren Kitchens."
Chris Lambourne
"PLEASE BE WARNED. 180 days of hell. And it's still not over. https://youtu.be/GmU4Hn1r8_I On Tuesday 08/08/17, my wife and I had had enough of the ‘Cowboy Builders’ service that Wren dares to call a ‘Professional Installation Service’. So, we contacted Wren’s Company’s Managing Director, Mark Pullan. His email address is mjp 'at' wrenliving 'dot' com. The following day we received a response and only then did we see things starting to happen. It is a sad state of affairs that we had to resort to this measure after already waiting 59 days for our kitchen to be installed. Notwithstanding, it still took Wren a further 43 days to complete the installation. We took countless unpaid days off work for items ‘not to be delivered’ on their delivery date. We had so many deliveries, in dribs and drabs – bits missing, items broken, parts failed to be delivered. Pre?contract, we were sold the professional installation service by the designer (Swindon) based on the understanding that it the installation would be ‘project managed’ for me, that Wren would take care of all logistics, and ensure a stress free, expedient, professional installation. We have had the exact opposite. This has quite literally brought us to tears. I have records comprising over 102 emails, calls and text messages to/from Wren Kitchens to date. We completed a claim form to be compensated for the non?existent “professional installation service”, notwithstanding the stress, anguish, disruption, neglect and absence of any quality service, and loss of earnings. Wren responded after several weeks offering £150 as a 'gesture of good will'. We are now in the process of escalating to the Furniture Ombudsman, and leaving a full account of our “Wren Kitchens experience” on every review site on the internet. I am already drafting a letter to BBC Watchdog and Rip Off Britain, who I recall are familiar with Wren Kitchens."
Alison
"Great service from start to finish. Helped with planning and design and send someone round to check all measurements, all free of charge. Delivered on time and in good condition and even got some fitting tips from delivery men, as we were fitting it ourselves. All units came pre made with doors and drawers fitted so pretty easy to install. Everything you needed was included. Did use a joiner for the worktop as we didn't have tools required or experience. Now have a beautifully fitted kitchen and cost half the price you would expect."
Samantha Lomax
Unverified Reviewer
"""Glossy showroom but non existent after sales service/customer care. They delivered the wrong applicance and damaged door, draw and shelves."
Wren Kitchen Nightmares
Verified Reviewer
"Still waiting after 4 months for my kitchen to be completed. I have 90 faulty doors in my garage. First lot came with paint dribbles down the fronts and back of the doors, sand that had not been blown off before applying the gloss, and chips out of shelves etc. 3 carcasses had to be replaced. The 2nd lot had a protective cover on that had been applied when the paint was wet, so when removed, it took the paint of with it, The 3rd lot that have apparently been through a special quality control had touch up paint trying to cover the faults, paint defects etc. I now have 9 out of 30 doors that are ok, not perfect but ok. Customer services are terrible. I had to take 54 photos, write a report, before they would do anything. If I can stop anyone going through what I have, it will make me feel a little better"
Lynda
"Designer ordered wrong size sink unit and added lots of items to our order that we didn't need. Aftercare sales are ridiculous with numerous people dealing with 1 person issue. Lots of contradiction with replies and waited over 2 week so far for a refund tht i still havent received. As soon as they take payment they wash their hands of the whole thing and it takes lots of persistence from customer to try and resolve issues!"
Tear
"Kept informed of order and arrival of our kitchen at all times and delivery was spot on. No problems with any of the units but needed a little more trim for one of the work tops. Customer service soon sorted this out and it arrived next day. A special thanks to John Golding for a great design and the customer service team."
Wren Kitchens is rated 2.50 based on 22 reviews