Worldstores Reviews

2% of reviewers recommend Worldstores

How would you rate Worldstores?

We need a working email address to verify that your review is genuine.

93 reviews
Review and raise up to £2.00

You've raised
£1.26 for charity!

Read & write reviews about Worldstores in our app We'll donate to charity for every review written
"What is this company? Complaints are all over the internet. Is it a scam?????? If so I have ordered a shed and lost a lot of money. I have had no contact from them (I keep calling them) since paying for it - they are saying the supplier of the shed and fitter with be in touch, but I have heard nothing and the staff are just rude - are they operating the call centre out of someone's bedroom? I have never had customer service like it!! Where is my SHED?????"
"I would only ever leave bad review if I felt so strongly and didn't want others suffer. Good thing is the quality of the bed is nice (material only). That's it. I am furious at the appalling services. Only 4 castors arrived with the bed then after complaining 4 more did arrive- but they are wheels! One of the draws was broken on arrival. I can not attach the headboard to the bed- there is nothing there! Communication with customer services was fairly good for the first month... it's now been nearly 3 and I've heard nothing. They offered to send another bed, I booked a day's leave from work then heard nothing? No one will respond to emails or tell me who to call. I will not let this lie. The bed was not cheap and this company are a joke"
"Everything - Absolutely useless and I've made sure I've informed everyone I care about and even some that I don't. I'd rather pay double the price than go through the stress levels I've experienced by using 'World stores'. They should not be in business."
"Poor quality! Poor/rude customer service! I purchased a sofa about 1.5 months ago and the quality was horrible. After a few weeks, the sofa started making so much noise that its impossible to sit on it. I called right after receiving the sofa and they said I have to wait for a technician to come and look at it. By the time I could have someone to come, it would've been over 28 days of receiving the sofa and therefore, to get my money back, I have to wait for a report from the technician. They made me wait so long that it's over 28 days and now they don't want to take the sofa back. This should tell you enough about how this company work... I think before making any purchases from this company, you should consider the fact that your time and money will go to waste! and you probably won't be able to get your money back..."
"A shortfall of 12 screws which hold the drawer rails to the carcass I reported this nearly 2weeks ago they still haven’t posted them to me l tried everywhere to get some but no luck so here I am still waiting for world stores"
"Bought from BedroomWorld.co.uk and they did not bring the box up the stairs. I buzzed in the driver and he came upstairs to get a signature which I thought was so he can put down the device but when he did not come back after 5 minutes I found the box on the ground floor. He could have bought it up when I signed for the package. I have difficulty carrying such a box. I complained and they said that they don't have to deliver above the ground floor as is in the T&C's.....but he had to come upstairs for the signature!!!!!! I will never buy from them or the parent company Worldstores again."
"Absolutely disgusting customer service, I ordered a computer desk, it arrived broken so had to get my daughter to wait in another day for that to be collected and a new one delivered. I could just about cope with that, however the new one arrived the delivery driver "couldn't wait 2 minutes" for my daughter to check it wasn't broken and guess what it was!!!! I called back again to complain this had happened again. They weren't really bothered and my daughter had to wait in another day for the 2nd broken one to be collected!!!!! NEVER SHOP HERE!!!!"
"DONT BUY FROM THEM Terrible. sent broken mirror, they didn't send a replacement and now arguing about a refund. Horrendous customer service"
Claire Miller
Unverified Reviewer
"DONT EVER DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY. They have messed be about since December. Failing to delivery goods that I had paid extra money for a named delivery of, on 3 separate occasions. Each time I had to take a day off work and arrange childcare to collect my daughter from school, and each time the delivery never came. When finally a delivery was made (the 3rd date given) the headboard of the bed (which was terribly bad quality) was damaged. There was a hole in the flimsy packing boxes - which were reused, and the struts of the headboard were cracked. The bed also required gluing which wasn't made clear at the time of purchase. A 4th date was given and when my replacement part was delivered it was completely the wrong bed frame and bizarrely two headboards of different sizes to each other. Neither fitting my other bed frame parts. I was then promised a partial refund which never materialised and told once the frame was collected (a 5th date) I would receive a full refund. I once again waited in and arrange cover at my own cost, and an hour before the delivery was due to collect, the tracking notice changed to announce my collection had been postponed. When I called customer services they told me that the collection had been incorrectly booked by the supplier - Worldstores, for 1 man instead of 2 man and so it would have to be organised again. They told me this would happen on Saturday 3rd Feb (6th scheduled delivery/collection date). I sent an immediate email to Worldstores to demand a full refund and explain the inconvenience of having not only the bed I desperately needed, but a room full of broken bed frame parts that I had no means of disposing of. I received no reply for 5 days and then was told that the earliest a collection could be arranged was Monday 5th February (7th scheduled date) which as they know was not ever a possible date for collection or delivery as I am a working person. They are the most useless and unprofessional company I have ever encountered. I am out of pocket not only the money paid for this but 3 work days, the cost of several childcare helpers, and now will also be out of pocket to pay for the damn bed frame to be disposed of. This is theft, they have taken my money in early January, and still I am without goods. As usual, they ignore my request for refund and tell me they wont do this until they have the broken goods, but seem unable to arrange collection, not EVER listening to my pleas of frustration and annoyance that they can't comprehend that working people aren't sitting at home for them to turn up, or NOT!!!! DO NOT GO NEAR THEM"
"Placed the order more than a month ago and still waiting for it. According what they offered it should be delivered in a week time."
"Absolutely terrible! Avoid Avoid Avoid! Took many days off work for delivery people never to show up which I have NEVER experienced. Getting a simple collection and refund proved even more difficult as they again took 3 attempts to actually show up, I was emailed numerous times confirming my refund would be back in my bank within 3-5 days and weeks later still nothing so I had to chase them about 5 times, being left on hold for a long time to then be told they were doing it whilst on the phone to me only for me to find a week later...no refund. Unbelievable! I do a lot of online shopping but have NEVER in my life experienced such unprofessionalism I am in total shock they are still in business. Shopping shouldn't be stressful and this store doesn't seem to understand basic retail or that the time of their customers is valuable so wasting so much of it is unacceptable. Having read customer reviews after my experience I see that so many people experienced what I have, meaning that their stories of crossed wires and 1 off mistakes are utter lies, this is just what they do to their customers. On the phone staff were polite but extremely unknowledgeable and seem to have a company policy of saying what a customer may want to hear to get them off the phone but not actually solving anything. Each person said the one before shouldn't have told me what they did and that they would personally fix things for me, but then did nothing! On one occasion I actually asked to speak to a manager and was told that all of them were backed up for the next 48 hours doing call backs to deal with customer complaints - not surprising although I wouldn't be shocked to find there are no managers at all and it was just a line to get rid of you. I wouldn't recommend this store to an enemy, worst experience ever! You would think that they would change with so many consistent bad reviews about the same thing."
"Bought a bed a year ago. Frame broke less than 11 months later. Attempted contact initially on 17/12/2017. Managed to speak to someone finally on 20/12. They said "email us pictures with damage", I did. Days of non comms and silence ensued.I enquired as to what is going on. They say "oh we received an email from you telling us to update you re your sent pictures, but no attachment". I ask why they did not notify me that they never received my original mail with the pictures that would sort the issue out. No actual response, just waffling ensued. Anice lady sorted the photo drama for me in late Decemebr 2017- early January. She arranged a "collection" and told me that 5-7 working days after collection, they'd give me my refund. Trouble is they assigned a terrible courier who "travelled with "wring paperwork", expected us to take a whole day annual leave and wait for them to tur up, refused to give us a slot or ring us an hour earlier etc. Husband sits around the house waiting but they never turned up as the number they had for us was wrong. Long story short, 15 days lapse , no collection has taken place and we still sleep on the floor. I tell Worldstores I am at my wits end and they assign different courier-one that could come on a Saturday. Halefreakinllujah. Driver turns up today and tells us he cannot collect as bedframe is not boxed. I explain (as I told the very first Worldstores I spoke to) that the bed is (by now) 12 months old, boxes have been recycled ages ago (especially as I never anticipated it would break so soon). He is very nice and apologetic but says that they will not accept it (and seems to know what he is talking about). I try to ring Worldstores and sort it out but it takes them like 20 minutes to pick up the darned phone so by the time someone answers and confirms it is fine to collect the bedframe unboxed, the driver is gone and probably not coming back today (who would return on a Saturday for sth that is not their oen fault?). It is now eighteen days sinse they told me to dismantle the bed and wait for a collection. 18 days sleeping on the floor. That darned bedframe cost us 240 GBP. And everytime I call I have to re-tell the story from the beggining as they do not seem to have records of anything. I am sick of calling them everyday and I will have to do the same tomorrow. I mean COME ON!!!!!"
"The worst experience I have ever, ever had. I requested a bed to be delivered on a Friday and I took a day off work. In the meantime I changed my mind about the order so knew I just had to refused the delivery when it came - fine. Except it was mistakenly delivered on Wednesday when I wasn't there so I had it stuck with me. I was told on 4 separate occasions it would be collected at various times yet all 4 times no-one turned up so that was 4 days off work I wasted as the collection slot is "7am-7pm". Not to mention my phone bill calling Worldstores. Avoid Worldstores completely, they are an absolutely terrible company. Unprofessional and unapologetic."
Sheila Taylor S
Unverified Reviewer
"Took my money for goods not in stock and one month later I’ve still not received my order"
"This is possibly the worst company I have ever purchased from. I have had nothing but issues with trying to get my order (over 15 weeks), then once I had a sense of humour failure and cancelled I then had to continually call regarding a refund and the collection of part of the delivery. If you value your money and your time I wouldn’t touch them with a barge pole!"
"Everything went wrong. Deliveries turning up unannounced. Deliveries turning up with incorrect product. Replacement turns up a month later and its wrong again. Had to take three days off work to facilitate the deliveries. They have had £1600 of mine since October and its now January and I still don't have my summerhouse. Also, they have a customerservice policy of 'we cannot make outbound calls' so you sit on hold for 15 mins before you get to speak to anyone. Frustrating. Promised a management callback, and its still not happened three days later."
"They never delivered when they said they would. Twice they failed to deliver. Avoid this company at all costs."
"i purchased nearly a month ago a corner sofa 700 pounds with no legs i constantly emailed and called still have no legs! looks rubbish thanks for that never using this company again ignorant and unprofessional i have taken it up with paypal!"
"Disgrace. Ordered a single bed for my spare room, it fell apart (faulty) base. Been trying to get a return and refund, customer services really useless keep having to chase this up!"
"They canceled my order after several days and gave no reason. Several days later an email saying that third party security checks had failed and that my money will be back with me soon. I still have not received my refund. so i'm out almost £200 and no bed :("
Worldstores is rated 1.11 based on 93 reviews