World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
I ordered two books total payment £15.95. The books were advised as being in very good condition. That is why I bought them. When they arrived, I was very disappointed. The sleeve was shabby, every page near enough mustard in colour. After reading reviews, I knew it would cause me stress, sending them back. Charity shops and car boots are better value and you can see what condition they are in. Wi not buy from this company again or recommend it.
Hello, Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this. Did you reach out to our customer service team as they would have been happy to resolve this for you. Many thanks, world of Books
I love this concept and have ordered about 5 times but I am becoming increasingly FRUSTRATED by the delivery. I am wanting to order more books but I wont until I receive a book I have been waiting for now over 21 working days and the previous one 16 working days. This is from Sydney to Melbourne. I am not regional.
I have bought quite a few books from WoB, and always been impressed, especially by the condition-grading, which has been excellent, conservative even. Confident, I ordered the full set of 7 books in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I spent time picking all paperbacks, all similar- looking, all in 'very good' condition. What arrived was a motley selection of small paperbacks, big paperbacks and hardbacks, in random condition, from very good to poor and dirty. My polite complaint wash brushed off with 'send back what you don't want at your own expense'. A far cry from my previous dealings with them. What a shame, to see a company I admired and recommended to others turning out to be just another warehouse-emptier. It pains me to write this...I really had them down as a a great company.
Was extremely pleased with my first order . Ordered a hardback copy of a war book for my husband , came in immaculate condition and at a reasonable price, compared to that of waterstones, where he saw the book originally. My second order not so much , ordered three that's not my books (touchy feely ones) for my nephew. First book came in good condition , but still had baby food inside of it, so cleaned all that off with a wet wipe. The second book was same as the first. No big deal really but not exactly ideal. However the third book was quite tatty , despite stating good condition. Had writing on the front which you could clearly see, the bears hairs is all clumpy and matted. And overall the book looks distressed. I wouldn't have minded so much if in the description it had said Bad condition, but it didn't . This book was also priced the same as the other two. Its disappointing as these were gifts. I feel awful just thinking about handing the bear book over. I would definitely order again , however I would be wary about ordering maybe some of the baby and younger children's books as maybe they haven't been looked after so well. Surely the condition is inspected before they are given the grading of good condition etc?
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
I am happy with the delivery but the condition of the book was not good. It looked as though water had been spilt on it.
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
The range of books is amazing. The number of filters available for searching is not very good. In the two orders I placed, each contained a packing slip denoting a book was shipped that was not in the order. Communication with WoB was one-way only; I never got a response to my requests to be shipped the missing books. However, ONE of the missing books was shipped (I assume in response to my request) but the other book is still AWOL and I will have to send more missives requesting help.
This is the second time that I have used this company. Unfortunately on this occasion the books did not turn up on time and it took three lots of communication to get them delivered.
Book was delivered on time in good condition but was in Welsh with Welsh not English title as ordered. A lovely book but not what I expected
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
Helpful being able to buy a 1920s novel so easily but surprised at the high cost I was charged for an ex library book sold off for 25p !
Three books ordered,two sent which were fine . Third book request not available .How do I get a refund for this?
Can't fault the delivery but have to admit I was disappointed with this book. Not quite up to the usual standard for World of Books but kept it as my granddaughter loves Maisie
Had books missing from a few orders lately, asked to explain why this keeps happening but no answer.
One copy short of full order delivery but issue rapidly dealt with when discovered by customer. Disappointed that I needed to notice rather being updated by supplier.
Hello, thank you for your review and we will pass your feedback onto our customer service team. Many thanks, World of Books
Just on this occasion I was disappointed, the original book I ordered didnt arrive and so I was sent another one, quickly I might add but it was a little shabby although on the other side it was cheap. Normally great service
I got my books in a nice and well packed without any damage to the package. minus the delivery time, it does not live up to the 5 days. I wait for the first book for 14 days + but otherwise happy with you
Just asked me for a review of a book I “recently bought”. Did I? I don’t think so..... And a billing discrepancy this month too. Apart from that it’s a good place to find second hand books and get free delivery if you’re happy to wait a few days. Nice people to speak to when you phone them.
Hello, Thank you for your review. We will pass your feedback on. Many thanks, World of Books
never again, one of the books I bought had the first 38 pages removed.
Hello, We are sorry to hear this, please can you email our customer service team and we can get this resolved for you. Many thanks, World of Books
The book is in great condition the delivery time was very very long. well over 10 days excluding weekends
Hello, Thank you for your review. We do aim for all books to get to our customers within 10 working days. This item should have arrived with you on the 24th October at the latest. A we do not provide tracking I am unable to confirm that this did arrive within our timeframe. Many thanks for your feedback as we are working on improving our delivery timeframes. Many thanks, World of Books
"Book picture is for illustrative purposes only, actual cover or edition may vary" If you want to order an edition book double check it, I ordered a 25th edition book, which is updated from the 1991 original book. I received the original 1991 edition, I rang and they said "Book picture is for illustrative purposes only, actual cover or edition may vary"
Hello, Thank you for your review, unfortunately due to the data we receive from Nielson, who supply all our book images and information we are unable to guarantee the edition sadly. We are working on this for the future. Many thanks, World of Books
Ordered my first book directly after -until now- only ordering from World of Books through Amazon and apparently the shipping cost there for international shipping have been increased considerably. Book arrived and is in good condition. But, after receiving notification it was shipped it took 10 days to arrive! (shipment from UK to Netherlands). Don't know why it takes that long? A different order from Amazon (DVD) arrived in 3 days....
Hello Adrian, Thank you for your feedback, we are pleased your item arrived with you and we will be looking into the delivery times for our international customers in the future. Many thanks, World of Books
World of Books is rated 4.68 based on 2,269 reviews