World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
Delivery fast but books not as described. Ordered two books in 'very good condition'. They arrived and they were in well read condition. Customer Services difficult to deal with. I received contradictory advice and, at the time of writing, am waiting - probably forlornly - for them to send a postage voucher to return the books. Not impressed at all.
DO NOT TRUST!!!Likely scamming customers for nominal profits at a time. This business is as inefficient as it gets. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I made the online order for a couple of books. I got quick automated responses after making the purchase. I wait for the order. It doesn’t arrive on time, so I attempted to do a shipping query to customer service. After emailing, and using the proper channels to contact customer service, I received a very lackadaisical response. The response was different then the first set of emails I received. It was plain text and indicated that the books I purchased where not available and that I needed to select different books at equal value. The verbiage was a bit odd and made me feel like I made an error attempting to purchase from this business. This made no sense, as I received email saying these books were on the way 12 days before that. There was an order number and again that response was automated, fancy, so at the time I felt like the purchase was legit. In my confusion, I explained the situation again and simply asking for a refund, if they sold me books they didn’t have. Still waiting for a response, a package, a refund or anything that makes this purchase worth it. DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY WITH WORLD OF BOOKS
Warning about this company Do not buy from this company!! They are refusing to send my order because the book (Caroline flack storm in a c cup ) which I bought for £2.99 is now selling for a lot more. Absolutely disgusting behaviour!! Now will not honour my purchase . Shameful
Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
I had a terrible experience with World of Books. I ordered a CD. What arrived was an empty CD case. This CD was supposedly in excellent condition - but there's no way anyone even opened the case to check if the CD was there! My first complaint was met with a boilerplate response which made it clear no one had even read what I wrote. My second complaint generated another boilerplate response, but at least I got my money back. I won't be ordering from this company again.
Terrible company! Horrible customer service, they happened me when their system glitched and sent me an email with the wrong information. It was their fault and they blamed me! No apologies, no admission of fault until I got angry. As I got angry, more and more of the truth came out. What a joke! Loads of better booksellers out there. Don't use them!
As a previous very happy customer of 'World of Books' I thought I would add to my son's book collection as I have loads of second hand books which are like new. So I ordered two board books described as "very good" condition. I was so shocked when they arrived in the post, one in particular was in really bad condition. The front cover was so tatty it had previously be bent in half and ruined and all the edges of every page were coming apart. I then opened the book to find someone had written in it as it had clearly been bought as present for a child (which to be fair I don't mind at all) but I did mind the fact that someone had drawn all inside the book!! I wouldn't of minded if the condition I had bought them in was listed as "acceptable" as you can technically still read them but it's the fact that this should never have been sold as very good condition as it is clearly not! I dread to think what would pass for an 'acceptable' condition judging by your idea of "very good"... I'll just stick to my local Oxfam book shop from now on! Cheers!
I am very satisfied with the wide variety of books available. All the books I have ordered so far were in a good condition or at least as described. It takes about two months for the books to be delivered to South Africa, but I blame that on our very unreliable South African Postal Service.
Hello, Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon. World of Books
Recently received a bind but that was virtually new for under £3. I feel less bad about buying books when they are so cheap and support good causes
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
Ordered a 2-volume dictionary. Quite pricey. They only sent volume 1. No phone number to chase. Now I have to waste time trying to get volume 2. Really, really poor.
I've been using World of Books for years and buy about 5 or 6 books at a time. The books are always in the condition described, delivery is quick and the value for money is excellent. If you're buying a best-selling book for £2.99 and it comes with a bent spine then so what? You're buying it for the story, not to display in the background of a Zoom chat.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Excellent collection of books at great prices. Free delivery which is a bonus and really quick delivery. I just wish the packaging was paper/cardboard instead of plastic and they would have got five stars.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Appalling service! World of Books sent out 2 books described as Very Good which were water damaged and had mould on them. They agreed to send out replacements and they too were not as described with discoloration to the cover, worn/torn edges and severely broken spine. They do not appear to have quality control measures in place so do not use this company if you want quality second hand books.
Sold me a book that was not as described, and refused to pay for return postage when I asked to return it. Item description stated that the book was "not marred by notes", but it did have some writing in it. I wanted to return due to this with the intention of getting another copy. They refused to pay return postage even though they were the ones at fault. As I bought it from them through Amazon's Marketplace, I am currently in the process of trying to get Amazon to step in. I'm sure they are great if all goes right, but it is how they deal with things when they go wrong that really defines a company, and on that basis this company has completely failed. I certainly won't be using them again.
This companies a joke,they send wrong version in a really bad state and then never reply to e mail or answer phone to return
delivered promptly and in good condition. I am glad I’ve found World of Books.’
A problem with one book in an order of two novels was resolved quickly and to my satisfaction . Books in good condition and a reasonable price.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
Wonderful Service! As a student I struggle to find revision books at a reasonable price. I ordered a History revision guide and It came in perfect condition (considering it was used) and quick, free delivery! Will definitely be using World of Books again!
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
Been looking for cheap avaition books and came across world of books! Delivery was prompt and fast! Would definitely recommend to other people
I found a book I had been looking for, in very good condition, at a very good price. I went back to buy one for my friend. Delighted to have found World of Books.
Repeat buyer. Good quality second hand books. Would buy again in the future.
World of Books is rated 4.68 based on 2,273 reviews