World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
I have bought several books and always been pleased. The last one was for my granddaughter and unfortunately I had it sent directly to her as I knew she’d be excited to have a present from the postman. The details said in very good condition but it certainly wasn’t. A lot of pages had been written on and the front had a child’s name stating it was his book. Very difficult to explain to another child why they had been given someone else’s book to keep. I have written twice to World of books and had no reply. I won’t be buying anything again.
I purchased a childrens book only to find a primary school stamp inside. I contacted the primary school to be advised that they wish for it to be returned as it must have been sold on or donated by a parent who did not return the book. I contacted World of Books to be told that they would give me 20% refund. Advised that I was not going to keep a book that belongs to someone else and would like a refund. Advised i can have a refund if I post the book back to them at my own cost. So I will be out of pocket and World of Books are selling items that belong to someone else. Fantastic customer service.
One of the books I ordered was grubby with loose pages. After 3 days still waiting for "world of books" to respond to my complaint. Not good customer service.
Ordered a book and received the 'Processing your order reply.' a week later I saw that my card payment had been refunded but no info or book received. Telephoned World of Books and was told book was out of stock. Why take money for something you haven't got? Why don't you contact the customer to let them know you cannot fulfil the order? My advice. Avoid this company
Ordered a book which has not arrived - despite four emails and leaving messages on FB page nobody has contacted me about the missing item.
I would not recommend World of Books! After purchasing a children's nursery rhyme book with a disc, I waited weeks for the book to arrive. When it finally arrived, it was damaged with the spine broken, in a soiled condition (food stains and marks) and with the disc missing! Very disappointed.
Ordered three little pigs pop-up book, at £4-95. Arrived with every page torn, and not one pop-up working.Was asked to send photos of damage, and a replacement was sent out. Which was even more damaged! Not one pig even had a head on! Wolf was ripped out,too. Save your money.
Great prices and excellent service. Many thanks.
I found one of the books I purchased as good condition was damaged( some pages missing) When I contacted the costumer service they sent a replacement straight away. Great communication, excellent customer service. I definitely recommend World of books. 5stars+
I have bought quite a few books from WoB, and always been impressed, especially by the condition-grading, which has been excellent, conservative even. Confident, I ordered the full set of 7 books in Stephen King's Dark Tower series. I spent time picking all paperbacks, all similar- looking, all in 'very good' condition. What arrived was a motley selection of small paperbacks, big paperbacks and hardbacks, in random condition, from very good to poor and dirty. My polite complaint wash brushed off with 'send back what you don't want at your own expense'. A far cry from my previous dealings with them. What a shame, to see a company I admired and recommended to others turning out to be just another warehouse-emptier. It pains me to write this...I really had them down as a a great company.
Bought Series 7 of Beast Quest books for my son. All books are in excellent condition and my son is devouring them!
Have already written to you concerning 3 hardback Alison muir books as in their descriptions but received paperbacks one of poor quality of the paper back cover. Ok you said to post them back but isn’t worth the money. So disappointed with you and never got a second reply. If I can’t get them replaced Foc then I ve no choice but to shout out loud to tell others to watch out for you guys and your lack of detail with your customer Dr Rodi Bain Old coach house Gamrie Banff Aberdeenshire Ab453jn rodi.bain@gmail.com
Ordered hardback editions but received paperback editions. Have emailed World of Books three times over the last month to try to get the problem corrected and have received no response to date. I have been unable to find a phone number anywhere so emails that are ignored seem to be my only option. Very dissatisfied.
Ordered Billy Graham Angels in June Paid via PayPal. No book and no refund Why do you get away with this?
Extremely negligent customer service. Their collection indeed seems vast and I anticipated a wait for my order since it is a UK-based company. However, the website is lacking in terms of shipping information beyond the generic ETA of 6-10 business days for which they do not specify if they mean shipping locally or internationally. They will not respond to inquiries regarding how much longer one should expect to wait after the 10th day has passed. At this point I'm not expecting to ever receive my order and have opened a case with Paypal to begin fighting for a refund. The prices were cheap but it's still not low enough to excuse the failure to deliver a product.
I was very pleased with the swift processing of my book order and the smooth delivery earlier than expected. I was kept informed during the whole experience. A very satisfied customer - thank you..
The reason I don't give them 5 star is that the shipping was like one month, and the packaging was so bad. It was like a light sac, damaged on 3 different places. The book is in great condition, but thanks to the poor packaging is a little scratch and small indentation on the middle of the cover. I would be super thankful if they would use some stronger packaging :(
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
I love this site Great prices,fast delivery and fab customer service.
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
My first order experience was amazing! Vast selection are very reasonable prices. I placed my order and waited, fingers crossed. My order was completed in eight days, from placing the order to beginning to read. And Im in the US. Great condition, correct titles, no problems. I did have a question and emailed customer service once with very timely and courteous response. Im already scanning the web site for more titles. I fully endorse this company.Mrs
Thank you for your review Many thanks, World of Books
Everything’s about World of Books is perfect. Quality, delivery, choice, and customer service. Postage fees are non-existent! Can’t think of anything they can improve on! I want to rate 5 stars below but can’t get it to register.
World of Books is rated 4.68 based on 2,269 reviews