World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
First time.and last time using world of books ....book was classed as good condition ....guess what ....was not in goid condition .....lesson learnt .....
Warning about this company Do not buy from this company!! They are refusing to send my order because the book (Caroline flack storm in a c cup ) which I bought for £2.99 is now selling for a lot more. Absolutely disgusting behaviour!! Now will not honour my purchase . Shameful
Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
Appalling service! World of Books sent out 2 books described as Very Good which were water damaged and had mould on them. They agreed to send out replacements and they too were not as described with discoloration to the cover, worn/torn edges and severely broken spine. They do not appear to have quality control measures in place so do not use this company if you want quality second hand books.
Just received the title I ordered, slightly delayed delivery but still a fast delivery (as usual). However, it is not the edition of the book shown on the website and it is not in the excellent condition promised. It has a different front cover to the one I ordered so it does not fit in with the other volumes I have received from World of Books, the pages are very yellowed, the cover is scruffy. Very disappointed.
Very honest people...I have been purchasing books from them for some years now. Last time I received a book that was well below the conditions in the description, complaint and sent them photos. As they agreed they sent me another copy just as description right away. Great bookstore World of Books. I will definitely keep on purchasing books fro them. Thank you!
Excellent service and books in immaculate condition for second hand. Very prompt service too.
Sold me a book that was not as described, and refused to pay for return postage when I asked to return it. Item description stated that the book was "not marred by notes", but it did have some writing in it. I wanted to return due to this with the intention of getting another copy. They refused to pay return postage even though they were the ones at fault. As I bought it from them through Amazon's Marketplace, I am currently in the process of trying to get Amazon to step in. I'm sure they are great if all goes right, but it is how they deal with things when they go wrong that really defines a company, and on that basis this company has completely failed. I certainly won't be using them again.
I had a terrible experience with World of Books. I ordered a CD. What arrived was an empty CD case. This CD was supposedly in excellent condition - but there's no way anyone even opened the case to check if the CD was there! My first complaint was met with a boilerplate response which made it clear no one had even read what I wrote. My second complaint generated another boilerplate response, but at least I got my money back. I won't be ordering from this company again.
Terrible company! Horrible customer service, they happened me when their system glitched and sent me an email with the wrong information. It was their fault and they blamed me! No apologies, no admission of fault until I got angry. As I got angry, more and more of the truth came out. What a joke! Loads of better booksellers out there. Don't use them!
Delivery fast but books not as described. Ordered two books in 'very good condition'. They arrived and they were in well read condition. Customer Services difficult to deal with. I received contradictory advice and, at the time of writing, am waiting - probably forlornly - for them to send a postage voucher to return the books. Not impressed at all.
I am so happy with my recent purchases. They were all as described, in great condition and the prices are also great. Thank you for the fast delivery and your wonderful customer service.
I have made several purchases from World of Books and hope to make more! A very fast, friendly and efficient service, efficient, effective and economic packing. I have had one problem with the condition of a book received. My complaint was dealt with, courteously and very efficiently. I am very impressed with World of Books,
I have made quite a few orders from World of Books and have been impressed with speed of receipt of books. Free delivery is also a bonus. Books are well wrapped. Quality of the second hand books has been good. Will continue to make orders. It is great for recycling books though I tend to give mine to charities.
Love the books I purchased , they arrived quickly and good prices.
Love the books I received there is a broad selection and they arrived quickly at brilliant prices, thankyou
As a previous very happy customer of 'World of Books' I thought I would add to my son's book collection as I have loads of second hand books which are like new. So I ordered two board books described as "very good" condition. I was so shocked when they arrived in the post, one in particular was in really bad condition. The front cover was so tatty it had previously be bent in half and ruined and all the edges of every page were coming apart. I then opened the book to find someone had written in it as it had clearly been bought as present for a child (which to be fair I don't mind at all) but I did mind the fact that someone had drawn all inside the book!! I wouldn't of minded if the condition I had bought them in was listed as "acceptable" as you can technically still read them but it's the fact that this should never have been sold as very good condition as it is clearly not! I dread to think what would pass for an 'acceptable' condition judging by your idea of "very good"... I'll just stick to my local Oxfam book shop from now on! Cheers!
I love this concept and have ordered about 5 times but I am becoming increasingly FRUSTRATED by the delivery. I am wanting to order more books but I wont until I receive a book I have been waiting for now over 21 working days and the previous one 16 working days. This is from Sydney to Melbourne. I am not regional.
We have ordered many DVDs and books from this website and they always arrive quickly and in very good condition for items that are second hand. I have recommended this website to many friends who also find it useful.
Bought Bass guitar for Dummies and was very disappointed to receive a book that looked as though it had been dropped in a puddle and left to dry. Was also supposed to contain a CD which it didn't. Frankly would be embarrassed to sell a book in this condition to anyone.
Love the books I orderedtheyvarrivedcfairly quickly too.
World of Books is rated 4.68 based on 2,269 reviews