World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
I've been using World of Books for years and buy about 5 or 6 books at a time. The books are always in the condition described, delivery is quick and the value for money is excellent. If you're buying a best-selling book for £2.99 and it comes with a bent spine then so what? You're buying it for the story, not to display in the background of a Zoom chat.
Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us! World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Really bad customer service policy. You get no information about delivery times when you order. Only after payment you discover that it can take up to a month to get your book. Despite you try to cancel the order straight away, they refuse. They don't answer e-mails in several days and you are left with nothing. Never order anything you need the next month.
Bought a second-hand book described as 'very good condition'. The pages were brown with age and brittle, the cover double over at the corners. In all, in near-scrap condition! 'World of books' ask me for photos; if they can't accept my word then future dealings are not for me. They should be more interested in how the description came to be so inaccurate.
I'm surprised that there are so many bad reviews for this company. I buy from them every other month and have done so for a few years now and have never had any issues at all. I highly recommend this company, prices are always great and delivery has always been quick!
You need to answer this message!!! I have been in touch 3 times now asking how to return my ordar as it is dirty has a £1.65 sticker on it!! Sharon todd 75 Cottesmore way Golborne WA3 3XJ. S Todd RSVP 4TH ATTEMP!!
Very happy with all my products,good,quick delivery.Definatly recommend them.
I ordered my book over a month ago, money taken out of my account, no book, no emails or contact from World of books at all from start to finish of me placing my order 😫
World of Books run a very reasonable and reliable service. I love online shops like this. I can only imagine how colourful it would look if it were made of bricks and mortar. Like the inside of Toys R Us. This is my go to place for the books I am looking to buy. Thank you. Highly recommend.
Thanks for your review. Thanks, World of Books
DO NOT PURCHASE BOOKS FROM THIS SITE. They are a bait & switch vendor- the volume sent to me was COMPLETELY different version than advertised. I have been trying to contact them for 4 consecutive days without a response. THESE PEOPLE ARE THIEVES.
I recently purchased Dear and Glorious Physician from World of Books. As soon as I opened it, the spine disintegrated and the book is in an appalling condition. I cannot recommend this seller.
Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
Ordered a book, received a dispatch note and payment was taken but book never arrived. When queried I was told it was never dispatched, they had run out of stock. No communication whatsoever. The item was a present so was completely let down. Dreadful customer service. Avoid.
I bought a book many days ago and still did not receive it. Strictly no news after 3 weeks. Is this normal ??
Terrible experience.
Great service . Great ethos
Thanks for your review. Thanks, World of Books
Just be careful when you buy books here. The children's book I ordered had a long handwritten dedication, which was not mentioned in the description of the condition of the book. World of Books informed me that since they are second hand booksellers, their terms of conditions allow all dedications.
I fully believe this is the worst, by a country mile, company I have ever dealt with. Getting ready to release all correspondence with this company after receiving my 2 books. If they ever arrive. Jeff
Unfortunately, the ordered goods never arrived at me and inquiries remain unanswered! Really great when the customer is ignored! This was my first and last order!
Twice in two days tried to order a book they cancelled my first payment with PayPal and I ordered again and same thing happened payment went through but red letters on order saying there's a problem. Terrible problems all to order a book slow response to emails and not able to contact them by phone. Bad service.
Appalling service, states to change or cancel.an order to contact them,I do so as needed to change two titles, I was rudely informed changing an order is not possible as shipped automatically just refuse the delivery, they refuse to assist and I was still charged for the books I didn't want included in the order
Hello, Thanks for your review. Sadly there are cases when we can not amend or change orders as they are processed quickly. We do state this in our confirmation emails and our FAQ page How do I cancel my order? We can only cancel an order if it hasn't yet been processed by our picking and packing department. Usually items are processed within a matter of hours, so this limits our ability to cancel an order before this time. You will be able to return the item to us, at your expense, if you no longer require it and we will refund you the value of your item provided it falls within the time period stated on our returns policy. --- You placed the order on 2021-05-01 19:01:14, it was printed picked and packed by 2021-05-02 10:14:05. You sent your email at (Sun, 2 May 2021 at 3:14 PM). The order had already left us by then. Thanks, World of Books
World of books is a good company .But I have had problems .I only have a DVD player but have many time sent a Blue-Ray Disc .Yes they refunded me and put thing wright .But on my last order once again I was sent a Blue-Ray .and this makes 6.If I can tell the difference then surly the staff packing can .
I ordered 4 children's books. All saying they were as good as new. The first was obviously very well used as virtually every page was damaged, and worst of all was very dirty. This one I complained about. Not yet had a reply. Later, on further inspection of the other three, they were all damaged in one way or another and certainly cannot be given as gifts as I had hoped. What a waste of my money. Very Shabby company. If they are described as damaged or bits missing I would not have purchased them. Should not be described "As New"
World of Books is rated 4.66 based on 2,285 reviews