World of Books Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend World of Books

About World of Books: World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Marketplace
Retail

Tell us how World of Books made you happy

Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"I was sent a secondhand book with a few pages missing, by mistake of course. It was replaced after a minimum of questions and without me having to send the original back (that would have been a drag), which I much appreciated. Very good service, thankyou."

World of Books
"I ordered three books from World of Books in October. More than 30 working days have lapsed since the order was placed but the books have not been received so far. I emailed twice to the customer service team to highlight the above issue, but no response has been received. Disappointed with the poor service and unlikely to buy again from this bookseller."
Hello,

Thank you for your review we are sorry to hear this. Please can you email info@worldofrarebooks.com and our Rare Books team will be able to assist you. Many thanks, World of Books
"I have emailed twice now to follow up an order that has only been part delivered. I have not received a response. Sending again tonight to customerservice@worldofbooks.com in the hope I can receive an explanation about my missing items. My original order was 24th October 2018 - well over the 5 day delivery expectation!"

Thank you for your review.

We have looked into your order and can see that the tracking states that this arrived on the 31st October

Please can you check with a neighbour or at your local sorting office. If there is no luck there, we can arrange a replacement to be sent out to you.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Website easy to navigate to find books of interest to me. Excellent, prompt service. Good fair pricing. Prompt delivery. I have recommended World of Books to my friends and family."
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Happy Reading!

World of Books
"I received the 2 John Grisham books as ordered, it was disappointing that both books had quite a number of pages (around 90) that appeared to be water damaged and many more pages with corners folded down, however still good reading. I do wish that people would use bookmarks. Thank you for sending the books to me."
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Please do get in touch with our customer service team with regards to the condition you describe as we would like to rectify this for you.

World of Books
"Prompt service and delivery. Books were in excellent condition. Will shop there again."

World of Books
"I had never heard of this website before, but now I have, I'll be ordering again in the near future. Easy to order (although had to try a few times to get the order to be initially accepted), delivery was swift and the quality of the books were overall what was stated."

World of Books
"The book is in great condition the delivery time was very very long. well over 10 days excluding weekends"
Hello,

Thank you for your review. We do aim for all books to get to our customers within 10 working days. This item should have arrived with you on the 24th October at the latest. A we do not provide tracking I am unable to confirm that this did arrive within our timeframe.

Many thanks for your feedback as we are working on improving our delivery timeframes. Many thanks, World of Books
"I had never heard of this company until I was searching for a particular book. This company had it and the price was quoted in Australian dollars. There was no charge for postage. I ordered the book. It arrived in less than a week and the package it arrived in was superb. I could not fault anything from start to finish. the book quality was excellent. The one slightly confusing thing unrelated to the order was that I received an email from query the UK outlet of the companywith book prices in UK pounds and a different mailing arrangement."
Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

World of Books
"Easy to purchase and delivery was great, also used customer support with question and received a prompt response. Amazing range older books long out of print but still in demand."

World of Books
"Easy to order, the books were in good condition and delivery on time."

World of Books
"vey happy--ease payment and quick delivery, low postage rates"
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Happy Reading!

World of Books
"Books arrived within a reasonable time and condition as promised"

World of Books
"I am very unhappy with the order I placed. One of the books was certainly not in excellent condition yet you refuse to refund I will never buy from you again. I paid £8,84 for a book that was only fit to give to a charity shop. Disgusting, disappointing and very poor service."

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. We have looked into the photos you have sent and the books do sit within our Very Good condition category. Our books are used and will show signs of being read or thumbed through.

You were offered on the 12th June, that you could return the book as it would be unwanted. We have not received your book in order to issue a refund.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Overall - pleased with the service and delivery of my first purchase. The second hand book is in good condition as described however the book jacket is torn and very worn - slightly disappointing. However, I would use World of Books for future purchases of out of print books."

World of Books
"Had previously ordered from World Of Books and was very satisfied with the price, speed of delivery and condition of books. So when I saw 3 books in a series which I was after I had no hesitation in ordering them. Two of the books arrived and were in brilliant condition. However, the 3rd, which had been purchased as being in 'very good' condition, simply was not. Inside the book had been stapled right through by the spine, making the book very difficult to open up fully enough to read comfortably. I have emailed twice in the last 2 weeks and I'm still waiting on a response. :("
Hello,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear about the condition of the item, we have looked into our emails and can see that both have been responded to on the 2/10 and 4/10 asking for photos of the item in poor condition. Please send those over and our customer service team can look into this for you.

Many thanks, World of Books
""the book arrived in top condition and on the appointed day!!!!"

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
"the book arrived in top condition and on the appointed day!!!!"

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
"Quality of books exceeded expectation, delivery to Australia was also very good."

World of Books
"Reliable, excellent service and follow up. I live in France and have been using them for years. Would definitely recommend."

World of Books
"Purchased VG Book but received the opposite! Contacted them by phone and was told World Of Books Do Not Inspect Books before shipping and was then instructed to email proof of photographs. I heard nothing back so i again contacted them to get a member of staff to look into it where i was given a refund. I shall not purchase from world of books again. I cant even pass the book along due to the horrible condition. Purchased it from another seller who indeed checks conditions to match description before shipping. Refund still pending but cant see it being a problem. A negative experience received unfortunately!"
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have looked into your order and can see that your item was refunded in full on: -

2018-09-27 10:54:21

This refund should be with you now. All our books are inspected upon dispatch, and we will raise this with our customer service manager as to why you were told the opposite.

World of Books is rated 4.85 based on 1,215 reviews