World of Books Reviews

refunds process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
As a comparatively new customer of World of Books, I have made, I think, three purchases in recent months. I am impressed with the sheer range of books held in stock and then with the speed and efficiency with which orders are processed. One query was dealt with very pleasantly and very quickly. All in all this is an impressive operation.
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

World of Books 📚💚♻
Warning about this company Do not buy from this company!! They are refusing to send my order because the book (Caroline flack storm in a c cup ) which I bought for £2.99 is now selling for a lot more. Absolutely disgusting behaviour!! Now will not honour my purchase . Shameful
Appalling service! World of Books sent out 2 books described as Very Good which were water damaged and had mould on them. They agreed to send out replacements and they too were not as described with discoloration to the cover, worn/torn edges and severely broken spine. They do not appear to have quality control measures in place so do not use this company if you want quality second hand books.
Just received the title I ordered, slightly delayed delivery but still a fast delivery (as usual). However, it is not the edition of the book shown on the website and it is not in the excellent condition promised. It has a different front cover to the one I ordered so it does not fit in with the other volumes I have received from World of Books, the pages are very yellowed, the cover is scruffy. Very disappointed.
Very honest people...I have been purchasing books from them for some years now. Last time I received a book that was well below the conditions in the description, complaint and sent them photos. As they agreed they sent me another copy just as description right away. Great bookstore World of Books. I will definitely keep on purchasing books fro them. Thank you!
Excellent service and books in immaculate condition for second hand. Very prompt service too.
Sold me a book that was not as described, and refused to pay for return postage when I asked to return it. Item description stated that the book was "not marred by notes", but it did have some writing in it. I wanted to return due to this with the intention of getting another copy. They refused to pay return postage even though they were the ones at fault. As I bought it from them through Amazon's Marketplace, I am currently in the process of trying to get Amazon to step in. I'm sure they are great if all goes right, but it is how they deal with things when they go wrong that really defines a company, and on that basis this company has completely failed. I certainly won't be using them again.
I had a terrible experience with World of Books. I ordered a CD. What arrived was an empty CD case. This CD was supposedly in excellent condition - but there's no way anyone even opened the case to check if the CD was there! My first complaint was met with a boilerplate response which made it clear no one had even read what I wrote. My second complaint generated another boilerplate response, but at least I got my money back. I won't be ordering from this company again.
Terrible company! Horrible customer service, they happened me when their system glitched and sent me an email with the wrong information. It was their fault and they blamed me! No apologies, no admission of fault until I got angry. As I got angry, more and more of the truth came out. What a joke! Loads of better booksellers out there. Don't use them!
Delivery fast but books not as described. Ordered two books in 'very good condition'. They arrived and they were in well read condition. Customer Services difficult to deal with. I received contradictory advice and, at the time of writing, am waiting - probably forlornly - for them to send a postage voucher to return the books. Not impressed at all.
I am so happy with my recent purchases. They were all as described, in great condition and the prices are also great. Thank you for the fast delivery and your wonderful customer service.
I have made several purchases from World of Books and hope to make more! A very fast, friendly and efficient service, efficient, effective and economic packing. I have had one problem with the condition of a book received. My complaint was dealt with, courteously and very efficiently. I am very impressed with World of Books,
Very Poor Customer Service! I like to buy books through Abe Books (part of Amazon). I trust this company and their service has always been excellent. Sometimes, on Abe Books, you have to buy from a third party supplier and in this case it was World Of Books UK. I wrote to World of Books with a quick question asking if they would please clarify the title of a book that I wanted to buy - as it appeared slightly 'different' on their site. (They called it Vol 1). My question was polite (why not) and specific. I even supplied their stock code number to help. The reply that I received from their customer service (sic) was a lesson in 'could't care less management'. We are too busy to check ...etc. Happily there are many other good book sellers around and so this company has lost my business.
Extremely poor packaging in a plastic bag without any protection this is an absolute shambles and there is a shambles you can’t leave negative feedback on their eBay Account about them
First time order. Ordered a selection of books that were supposed to be in paperback form and all in 'very good' condition - 1 was a hardback, 1 had stickers all over front and damaged spine, 2 others had damaged spines and creased pages. Only 1 could be described as very good. It pains me when descriptions do not match the actual article. It can only mean that the company has shoddy practice somewhere, either with the person deciding the state of books, the computer system or the packer who can't be bothered getting the correct books (possible as there were versions of my books available which I didn't want and I believe I received). WoB state they buy books from charity shops to sell on - I can confirm this as there was a charity sticker on one stating a price of 80p - I bought this book for £4.04! Quite a markup. And a feeling of being done. I'm sure the charity would have liked a few more pence. I'm dubious of this firm so I think this will be the first AND last time I patronise.
I have made quite a few orders from World of Books and have been impressed with speed of receipt of books. Free delivery is also a bonus. Books are well wrapped. Quality of the second hand books has been good. Will continue to make orders. It is great for recycling books though I tend to give mine to charities.
Love the books I purchased , they arrived quickly and good prices.
Love the books I received there is a broad selection and they arrived quickly at brilliant prices, thankyou
As a previous very happy customer of 'World of Books' I thought I would add to my son's book collection as I have loads of second hand books which are like new. So I ordered two board books described as "very good" condition. I was so shocked when they arrived in the post, one in particular was in really bad condition. The front cover was so tatty it had previously be bent in half and ruined and all the edges of every page were coming apart. I then opened the book to find someone had written in it as it had clearly been bought as present for a child (which to be fair I don't mind at all) but I did mind the fact that someone had drawn all inside the book!! I wouldn't of minded if the condition I had bought them in was listed as "acceptable" as you can technically still read them but it's the fact that this should never have been sold as very good condition as it is clearly not! I dread to think what would pass for an 'acceptable' condition judging by your idea of "very good"... I'll just stick to my local Oxfam book shop from now on! Cheers!
I love this concept and have ordered about 5 times but I am becoming increasingly FRUSTRATED by the delivery. I am wanting to order more books but I wont until I receive a book I have been waiting for now over 21 working days and the previous one 16 working days. This is from Sydney to Melbourne. I am not regional.
World of Books is rated 4.71 based on 2,231 reviews