World of Books Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend World of Books

About World of Books: World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Marketplace
Retail

Tell us how World of Books made you happy

Featured Review
This review is set as featured by the company.
"Wanted a book on a peculiar subject - ✔ Found it on World of Books - ✔ Ordered it - ✔ Order arrived shortly after - ✔ Happy customer - ✔"
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Happy Reading!

World of Books
"Beautifully wrapped, impeccable condition and great prices! I'll be using World of Books for all my book buying from now on!"
"Very please with the service, Prompt service, the books looks nearly new. I will most certainly shop again with 'World of Books'."
Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

World of Books
"Prompt service my book looks nearly new this is my 3rd book from world of books always a pleasure to deal with"
Hello,

Thank you for your review. Happy Reading!

World of Books
"This is a lovely company. Books are very reasonably priced, an excellent source of something which might be out of print. They arrive quickly.......unlike a book which I ordered from another well-known company......which failed to arrive and there was nothing to be done, as I was buying from a third party. I cannot understand those who give it one star ....... by definition, if you are buying used books, you might possibly be disappointed. Customer services are always available, friendly and will put it right. I once ordered a book which didn't turn up....... it was replaced without question. After some time another copy arrived so the original had been lost in the postal system somewhere, as sometimes happens. I have never been disappointed and frequently shop here."

World of Books
"Excellent service. I have always received really good quality used books. Brilliant value. A wide choice. Great value for money."

World of Books
"I ordered a rare title from this company, paid for it, received confirmation and then was informed the title was unavailable. Terrible experience."
Hello, yes sadly we were unable to fulfill your order so we had to cancel this. So a full refund was given.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Very simple guest checkoht procedure. Delivery after 2 days in morning. Exceptional."

World of Books
"Had a good selection for authors I wanted I couldn't find a anywhere else at a good price. Prompt delivery too!"

World of Books
"Very good quality second hand books as well as good value new books"
Hello,

Many thanks for your review.

World of Books
"Went to buy Willkommen 2 German Intermediate course Website picture of second hand book and said CD and DVD also included. Just got the CD and DVD. I went to world of books because I wanted a book not CD and DVD. Spoke to customer services lady, so I can return at my cost. asked if they did the book I wanted and was pointed out to a mislabeled Willkommen 2 book. I told her that this looked like a second edition of the first course book. Not the 2 intermediate course. So someone else is going to be mislead She said she could do nothing about this."
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this.

We have found the same item on Amazon - https://www.amazon.co.uk/Willkommen-German-Intermediate-course-DVD/dp/1444165232/ref=tmm_abk_swatch_0?_encoding=UTF8&qid=&sr=

It does state that item is "Willkommen! 2 Intermediate course is a brand new multi-format German adult learning programme for classroom and home use. This listing is for the CD and DVD set. Also available is a coursebook, course pack and activity book"

Sadly we do not have the book you are after in our stock, we only had the CD and DVD set of which you ordered. As the item is unwanted you would need to return it for a full refund. Once received, we will of course refund you in full.

We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Amazing service and really good price"

World of Books
"The book I book for my son was supposed to be in very good condition. On arrival some of the pages of the books were broken. I tried to contact the customer service, but no reply. Awful customer service."
Thank you for your review we are sorry to hear this, please can you provide us with the titles of the items that are in unacceptable condition and we can look into this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
"Very Poor Service Item purchased was a 2nd hand DVD box set. The item description stated "Very Good Condition". The item received was NOT so. The item came with sellotape holding the box together, x3 dvd cases were all broken and not holding together with each sleeve torn and punctured. I would describe, "Poor Condition". I contacted World of Books, but have still not received any response to date, even though my email was read as I have received the read receipt. Tried calling this company and no one picks up the phone. Was on the phone for over 10 minutes and nothing!!! Very Very Poor Company!!!!!! Be very careful as this company have very poor after sales and frankly, customer relations is very poor together with their items. I would certainly not recommend this company for any to use!!!"
Hi Martyn,

We are sorry to hear this. We have looked into this with our customer service team and can see that they have replied today. However I have spoken to our manager here and we have issued a full refund for you. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

With regards to the lack of response. We aim to reply to customers within 48 hours of receiving their email. However on the day you tried to call we were experiencing issues with our network. We did post on our social media channels.

Many thanks, World of Books
"I found this way of buying second hand, hard to find books quite by accident and have used them several times since. I have found them efficient and helpful and would recommend them to anyone. Their prices are reasonable"

World of Books
"This company use the thinnest, cheapest plastic (no padding) to deliver their hardback books and therefore they will be damaged in transit. Their response is to return the book (not possible in this instance as it as for a present). All other replies to my emails were obviously automated responses. I would strongly advise others not to use this company."
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry for any disappointment caused. We can see that your book was reviewed by our customer service team and they found the book to be in the correct condition. They have offered to accept a return of the book for a full refund. We are sorry for any disappointment caused.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Thank you so much. Received book safely and promptly here in Perth, Australia. Very happy with condition. Happy all round. Thank you for a wonderful service. A M"

World of Books
"Great prices, quick delivery, I messed up an order I bought a book twice I very quickly got a credit towards next book when I returned book. I would highly recommend this com"

World of Books
"I received my package of secondhand books on time and they were of very good quality . Thank you so much my grand daughter will be a very HAPPY girl. will work with you again .All have a very merry xmas from Australia"
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

Merry Christmas to you too!

World of Books
"Easy to use and book arrived promptly, however not in condition described - sold as Very Good yet jacket has two large coloured stains on it. Emailed twice but no response. Disappointed at lack of response from Customer Service."
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear you are unhappy with our condition. We can see you ordered from our Rare Books selection. Please email or telephone using the below details and our team will be happy to assist.

Many thanks, World of Books
"I ordered three books from World of Books in October. More than 30 working days have lapsed since the order was placed but the books have not been received so far. I emailed twice to the customer service team to highlight the above issue, but no response has been received. Disappointed with the poor service and unlikely to buy again from this bookseller."
Hello,

Thank you for your review we are sorry to hear this. Please can you email info@worldofrarebooks.com and our Rare Books team will be able to assist you. Many thanks, World of Books
World of Books is rated 4.83 based on 1,239 reviews