World of Books Reviews

96% of reviewers recommend World of Books

About World of Books: World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Marketplace
Retail

How would you rate World of Books ?

"Books arrived within a reasonable time and condition as promised"

World of Books
"I am very unhappy with the order I placed. One of the books was certainly not in excellent condition yet you refuse to refund I will never buy from you again. I paid £8,84 for a book that was only fit to give to a charity shop. Disgusting, disappointing and very poor service."
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of your disappointment. We have looked into the photos you have sent and the books do sit within our Very Good condition category. Our books are used and will show signs of being read or thumbed through.

You were offered on the 12th June, that you could return the book as it would be unwanted. We have not received your book in order to issue a refund.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Overall - pleased with the service and delivery of my first purchase. The second hand book is in good condition as described however the book jacket is torn and very worn - slightly disappointing. However, I would use World of Books for future purchases of out of print books."

World of Books
"Had previously ordered from World Of Books and was very satisfied with the price, speed of delivery and condition of books. So when I saw 3 books in a series which I was after I had no hesitation in ordering them. Two of the books arrived and were in brilliant condition. However, the 3rd, which had been purchased as being in 'very good' condition, simply was not. Inside the book had been stapled right through by the spine, making the book very difficult to open up fully enough to read comfortably. I have emailed twice in the last 2 weeks and I'm still waiting on a response. :("
Hello,

Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear about the condition of the item, we have looked into our emails and can see that both have been responded to on the 2/10 and 4/10 asking for photos of the item in poor condition. Please send those over and our customer service team can look into this for you.

Many thanks, World of Books
""the book arrived in top condition and on the appointed day!!!!"

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
"the book arrived in top condition and on the appointed day!!!!"

Hello, Thank you for sharing your experience with us. World of Books
"Quality of books exceeded expectation, delivery to Australia was also very good."

World of Books
"Reliable, excellent service and follow up. I live in France and have been using them for years. Would definitely recommend."
Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

World of Books
"Purchased VG Book but received the opposite! Contacted them by phone and was told World Of Books Do Not Inspect Books before shipping and was then instructed to email proof of photographs. I heard nothing back so i again contacted them to get a member of staff to look into it where i was given a refund. I shall not purchase from world of books again. I cant even pass the book along due to the horrible condition. Purchased it from another seller who indeed checks conditions to match description before shipping. Refund still pending but cant see it being a problem. A negative experience received unfortunately!"
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We have looked into your order and can see that your item was refunded in full on: -

2018-09-27 10:54:21

This refund should be with you now. All our books are inspected upon dispatch, and we will raise this with our customer service manager as to why you were told the opposite.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Great service. I received an email saying my book would arrive between 5 and 8 days and it arrived the next day. Very quick delivery, well packaged. Item as described. I would definitely recommend"

World of Books
"Fabulous selection of books, easy navigation and fast shipping!"

World of Books
"I received my books in excellent condition in a short time and not expensive."

World of Books
"Fantastic. Book is new; beautiful condition and delivered as promised. Will use World of Books next time."

World of Books
"I have been trying for ages to complete my Dick Francis collection and accidentally found World of Books website. Not only did they have the three books I need but, to my utter astonishment, if I was happy to have Standard Delivery then delivery was free!!! The books have just arrived even though I only ordered them48 hours ago: the books may be of varying ages BUT they are all in good condition. As and when I want to buy any other second hand books I will definitely being using this firm again!!!!"

World of Books
"I live in Chile and discovered the site just a couple months ago (I usually buy on The Bookdepository because international shipping is free), I buyed a lot and then was a little afraid of the time/quality, but when the everything started arriving i was surprised of the fantastic state of the books and the delivery time (a month aprox. wich is the average for the postal service here). I had one book a little more damaged than expected, but customer service was fast in offering a solution to my problem. I already buyed more :)"

World of Books
"Very professional in all departments. Thank You."
"delivered promptly and in good condition. I am glad I’ve found World of Books.’"
"I ordered three books marked as 'very good'. One was an ex library copy marked as 20p in poor condition and with very loose pages. The other two were well read. I have contacted world of Books twice about this and I still haven't had a reply. I have previously bought through Amazon from them and very good meant just that. I have bought three books which do not meet their descriptions or guidelines for their descriptions."
"Great selection cheep always a pleasure to buy from quick post"
"Ordered two books over 3 weeks ago, charges straight way and not received anything, also no tracking information available on my account, yet ordered a different book via Amazon and arrived within day, not impressed so far :-("
Hello

We are sorry that these have not arrived with you. Please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com and our team can look into a resolution for you. Many thanks, World of Books
World of Books is rated 4.84 based on 1,206 reviews