World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
I've been using World of Books for years and buy about 5 or 6 books at a time. The books are always in the condition described, delivery is quick and the value for money is excellent. If you're buying a best-selling book for £2.99 and it comes with a bent spine then so what? You're buying it for the story, not to display in the background of a Zoom chat.

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Awful awful awful. Brought a workbook it said good used condition. The pages where mostly filled in with pencil and even pen on many pages. I emailed numerous times to get a replacement with no reply. When I finally got through to someone they told me “at least I have an update ( sarcastic voice ) I cant help you and we are going through a global crisis so no one else can either ) well I know that as both me and my partner are key workers. I do not understand how a company can provide such a shocking service. Avoid this company.
I have ordered three times from World of Books, through Amazon, and on each occasion the book was riddled with highlighting and pen annotation when the listing specifically said there would be none. I can only conclude that this is a dishonest company, 'trying it on' with unsuspecting buyers.
Book came with a 20p sticker on it. Clearly had £1.00 printed on the back of the book. Yet I was charged £3.99. Contacted them and they were far from helpful. Very poor customer service. Book definitely not worth more than £1. Not happy
Not to be trusted. Absolutely awful condition despite being listed as "Very Good". Obvious water damage, mould, sticking pages, damaged cover, faded, smelly. In general it doesn't seem very hygienic. I didn't even want to touch it! With how important hygiene is at the moment with Covid, I would probably steer clear of World of books. A real disappointment!
Book was advertised as in ‘good condition’. This is misleading as it smells of damp and the side pages have the beginnings of mould growth. Wish I had read the reviews on here before placing my order. Very disappointed and won’t be using the Company again. I have contacted their Customer Service Team today via email and will post a further review explaining how they have responded/dealt with matter.
Ordered 2 DVDs. One ok, the other with cover and insert ripped and dirty, fingerprints all over disc and 50p charity shop sticker on back. WOB described as 'vgc'. Tried to call them but they're not answering any calls - inexcusable. (I'm disabled and someone else ordered items and is writing this for me so, WOB, DON'T refer me to a website. Other companies are offering alternatives, not just 'our phone numbers currently out of use').
Excellent service books in excellent condition value for money arrived within 3 days free delivery will certainly be using them again would recommend them good customer service
Second time a book from World of Books has been advertised as very good condition, but has been very far from it. This one arrived with sticky brown stuff on the front cover. Last time I buy from them.
Trustpilot reviews
1 review
1 star: Bad
A minute ago
Terrible service.
The transaction failed repeatedly by card, so I payed by PayPal and got 1 order reference so I was satisfied that the order went through.
2 days later I got 3x royal mail notices of shipment, and 3 copies of the DVDs.
I notified world of books who told me I would get full refund on returning items. Which I had to pay for
Today I get only partial refund for both. Deducting cost of postage I got less than£4 for 4 box sets.
It is a world of books website error and cost me.
Needless to say I won't use again.
Ordered a 2-volume dictionary. Quite pricey. They only sent volume 1. No phone number to chase. Now I have to waste time trying to get volume 2. Really, really poor.
I've been using W.O.B now for a while...
Excellent company, efficient service, quick delivery and great price too..
100% recommend them.
Brilliant! .
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

Many thanks, World of Books
I always use World of Books now.

I have found some books on the site that I cant get anywhere else.
Pre-owned books that are in great condition.
If the site says the condition is Good, I would say its excellent!
Their delivery is usually within 2-3 days.
Great website for a book lover like me.
Hello,

Thank you for your review!

Many thanks, World of Books
I ordered two books total payment £15.95. The books were advised as being in very good condition. That is why I bought them. When they arrived, I was very disappointed. The sleeve was shabby, every page near enough mustard in colour. After reading reviews, I knew it would cause me stress, sending them back. Charity shops and car boots are better value and you can see what condition they are in. Wi not buy from this company again or recommend it.
Hello,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear this. Did you reach out to our customer service team as they would have been happy to resolve this for you.

Many thanks, world of Books
DO NOT TRUST!!!Likely scamming customers for nominal profits at a time. This business is as inefficient as it gets. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I made the online order for a couple of books. I got quick automated responses after making the purchase. I wait for the order. It doesn’t arrive on time, so I attempted to do a shipping query to customer service. After emailing, and using the proper channels to contact customer service, I received a very lackadaisical response. The response was different then the first set of emails I received. It was plain text and indicated that the books I purchased where not available and that I needed to select different books at equal value. The verbiage was a bit odd and made me feel like I made an error attempting to purchase from this business. This made no sense, as I received email saying these books were on the way 12 days before that. There was an order number and again that response was automated, fancy, so at the time I felt like the purchase was legit. In my confusion, I explained the situation again and simply asking for a refund, if they sold me books they didn’t have. Still waiting for a response, a package, a refund or anything that makes this purchase worth it. DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY WITH WORLD OF BOOKS
Description accurate - books described as ‘very good’, really are!

Despatch very speedy and delivery excellent.

Prices very reasonable, and free postage appreciated.
Hello,

Thank you for your 5-star review!

Happy Reading.

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Placed 6 orders in March, 2 to Europe, 4 to Indonesia. The 2 to Europe arrived promptly, but the shipments to Indonesia seem to have fallen victim of transport disruption after covid19 spread and not 1 has arrived. After 2 emails, World of Books has fully refunded costs including shipping.
Very fair response!
Hello,

Thank you for your 5-star review!

Happy Reading.

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
World of books are my go to for second hand books
I have used them for a long time now, and have only ever had one problem and that was sorted really quickly
If you remember you are buying a second hand book, so it will have been read, but their descriptions are really good, and i have had books that are marked as well read that have looked perfect to me
I would recommend to anyone

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
Great prices, fast delivery and love the ethos of the business with its BCorp values.

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
All the books i have purchased have been good condition and received promptly

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
I'm in two book groups and regularly buy books from World of Books. Quick service and books as described at a reasonable price. Need I say more?

World of Books is rated 4.69 based on 2,252 reviews