World of Books Reviews

97% of reviewers recommend World of Books

About World of Books: World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Categories:
B2C
E-commerce
Marketplace
Retail

How would you rate World of Books ?

"First class service, free postage what’s not to like"
"Very disappointed with my experience. The book I ordered was in very poor condition, the cover was tatty and dog eared and there were pencil notes on almost every single page which were messily scrawled all over the text. I have never seen a book in such appalling condition and I have purchased many second hand books in my lifetime. I complained to customer services who said they were sending a replacement but I haven't received it yet. I was not given a choice of condition when I purchased the book but in my opinion, this wouldn't even fall into the 'well read' category. Needless to say, I won't be using this company again."

Thank you for your review.

We are sorry to hear of the condition of your item. We can see that a replacement was posted to you on the 8th August after being requested on the 7th. So this will arrive with you within 10 working days.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Been looking for cheap avaition books and came across world of books! Delivery was prompt and fast! Would definitely recommend to other people"
Hello,

Many thanks for sharing your review with us, We look forward to seeing you again soon.

World of Books
"I found a book I had been looking for, in very good condition, at a very good price. I went back to buy one for my friend. Delighted to have found World of Books."
"Repeat buyer. Good quality second hand books. Would buy again in the future."
"I was so pleased with the condition the books came in."
"Fantastic books and fantastic customer service. I highly recommend this company."

Many thanks, World of Books
"Been a repeat buyer from this company for the past few months and have been blown away by the book deals and the quality of used books. Keep it up WOB!! You are the best!"

World of Books
"I was looking for a detailed map book of Essex and chose the street by street colourful version, book is very easy to find places, is in very good used condition, with a good price and quick delivery."

World of Books
"Range of books; affordable price; exact delivery; good replacement policy"

World of Books
"ordered two books - delivered very quickly - will certainly be using world of Books from here on in."
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your review with us.

World of Books
"Sito di acquisto di libri favoloso"

World of Books
"I purchased a dozen of vintage natural history books from WoB through AbeBooks.com at bargain prices. They had all arrived at my doorstep in conditions as described. I live in Malaysia so the shortest delivery time for me was about two weeks, while the longest was about four weeks. Overall, I had a pleasant experience purchasing from WoB so I would definitely return for more."

"Good prices.Swift delivery."

World of Books
"Excellent site. Good service. Books usually in very good condition. Prices are good."

World of Books
"Have all ways recived my orders on time and in exerlant conditions"

World of Books
"Books very cheap and always in good condition . Free delivery and arrives very quickly. I had an issue with a book missing but was sent a quick and helpful reply straight away . Definitely recommend"

World of Books
"They sent me a book with a whole chapter missing and 20 pages at the end missing. I emailed customer services and didn't get a reply until I also went on Facebook. Even then, very unhappy with their idea of a resolution!"
Hello Melanie,

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear of your item's condition. This should not have been sent out to you. Sadly we do not have any replacements of the item and we offered you an alternative title up to the value of your item or a full refund.

You chose an item that sadly was not in the range we had stated originally, we have offered you another choice or a full refund. We have not received a reply.

We reply to emails within 48 hours of receiving them, but bare in mind our customer service team are open Monday to Friday 9am till 5pm. We have looked into your emails and can see you emailed us on the 2nd and 3rd July, we replied on the 3rd July offering the alternative, you did then reply in the evening of the 3rd July and we replied the following morning at 10:26am. We are awaiting a response from this email.

Our customer service team and social media team sit separately, although we can see that they spoke to each other yesterday, you Facebook post would not have triggered a reply from our customer service team.

Please respond to our email sent yesterday morning and we can either get an alternative title sourced for you or a full refund processed.

Many thanks, World of Books
"Made my first order with them recently. Price of books are very reasonable and the condition of the books ordered was as stated. Took advantage of the free delivery within the UK, and they still came ahead of the time stipulated. Overall I am very pleased with the service and will order from them again. Would recommend them for any book purchases."

World of Books
"Fast delivery and items always in great condition!"

World of Books is rated 4.85 based on 1,183 reviews