World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
I've been using World of Books for years and buy about 5 or 6 books at a time. The books are always in the condition described, delivery is quick and the value for money is excellent. If you're buying a best-selling book for £2.99 and it comes with a bent spine then so what? You're buying it for the story, not to display in the background of a Zoom chat.
Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us!

World of Books 📚♻💚💿
I bet all these are bought reviews, Have a look at trust pilot, horrible stories. I paid for a book 3 months ago. Since then i have been following up for the last 3-month e vis email and they only ask to wait for more. 3 months to get a book ?? They refuse to refund or apologize or send another book. They are extremely fraudulent and a cheap greedy company. Stay away from them! No book, no refund no apology !
Cheers my spirit that the ethos of this company is as good as it's service. Very difficult to find book arrived the day after I ordered it.
Hello,

Thanks, World of Books
I ordered a book from them in December. They sent out a packing slip to a shipping partner. For those who are not familiar with shipping, a packing slip says what packages should be included and this slip is scanned so that tracking numbers become active. This does not say that the package was included but rather says that it should have been included. a shipping partner is somebody who does not work for the United States postal service but rather delivers to them or has a location where the United States postal service can pick up from. Thus, having something saying a shipping partner received a packing slip does not say an item was shipped but rather that it had intention of being shipped. after two weeks of it sitting like this I have argued back and forth and back and forth and back and forth with this criminal company who claims that it's going to arrive at any day. Even after I have contacted the United States postal office multiple times with a guarantee that they never received the package and provided this information back to world of books they continue to tell me to just suck it up. I also explained that it never reached the postal service and offered that they can either send me a new copy or refund me the book. They keep telling me to wait two weeks even though it has already been two weeks and refuse to do anything about it, claiming that they shipped it out even though their proof of shipping is actually proof of them not shipping it. even after admitting finally that I was not going to be receiving the item they still refused to send another copy or refund so I will be reviewing them in every location humanly possible and filing with the BBB for malpractice in business because I paid for the item and yet I neither have my money back nor item.
I love World of Books for quality, good condition used books, excellent bargain prices and fast delivery. What's not to love 🙂👍
Thanks for your review!

World of Books
very pleased with my book which arrived in excellent condition and a bargain buy too. Would definitely use World of Books again
Hello, thanks for your review.

World of Books
My husband is a reader of certain authors and your service enables him to buy all the books in a series and read them in order. No one pretends they are perfect but recycling with your ethos appeals. He's looking for another series to buy. I have recommended you to others.
Hello, thanks for your review :)

World of Books
Horrible. This place isn’t legit at all. It’s been 12 days and have yet to even receive an order confirmation. Emails are being ignored, no tracking, no number to call. Daughters books are supposed to be here before Christmas and don’t even know anything except that they charged my account, I am LIVID!
Book ordered 2 weeks ago and apparently dispatched over 10 days ago. Email query sent 2 days ago. What I have got/seen? Nothing. Nada. Nichts. Ikke noget. Rien.
Hello, Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you. Many thanks, World of Books
Rubbish , rubbish , rubbish .wouldn't even give it one star if I could . Book disgusting every page covered in felt tip pen , should never be sold should be in the bin . It's absolutely disgusting .
Book descriptions are often inaccurate and WoB do not respond to pre-purchase enquiries. A book I'd been hunting was listed as 'hardback' but the ISBN was for the softback printing. No sale for WoB.
Outright thievery. Sent me a book with torn pages, torn spine, torn back cover — described as "Like New." Complete contempt for their customers; they sent a $40 book in a thin, unpadded envelope. Compete disregard for books, for that matter.
The price of a second hand book was equivalent to buying a new book!!!
Edges scuffed....it was for a christmas present....really disappointed.
Just received general E-mail apologising for problems with delivery, personally my order was received ahead of delivery date for order. Excellent all books in good condition.
Hello, thanks for your review! We are pleased to hear that your order arrived speedily :) Thanks, World of Books
Books did not arrive, despite emailing them twice, can't get through on the phone.Gave up in the end £16.09 lost.
Would not recommend, unfortunately.
I was delighted to have found an online bookstore with great ethical ratings and someone not under the spectre of the leviathan in the online market (need I say who?). But the problem I have encountered is that, out of the last 7 orders, I have had two not turn up at all and one with only three out of the four books turning up. The customer care response seems to take about two to three days to respond. A promise to resend one order has still yet to be fulfilled and I am awaiting the response to the two other incomplete/completely missing orders. I would like to be able to rely on receiving items I order.
Never received my books and all my emails have been ignored. Don't bother ordering from them. Absolutely useless!
Hello, we can see that our team dealt with your request on the 12th for you. Thanks, World of Books
I have ordered three times from World of Books, through Amazon, and on each occasion the book was riddled with highlighting and pen annotation when the listing specifically said there would be none. I can only conclude that this is a dishonest company, 'trying it on' with unsuspecting buyers.
Book was advertised as in ‘good condition’. This is misleading as it smells of damp and the side pages have the beginnings of mould growth. Wish I had read the reviews on here before placing my order. Very disappointed and won’t be using the Company again. I have contacted their Customer Service Team today via email and will post a further review explaining how they have responded/dealt with matter.
Excellent service books in excellent condition value for money arrived within 3 days free delivery will certainly be using them again would recommend them good customer service
Hello, Thanks for your review.

World of Books
Second time a book from World of Books has been advertised as very good condition, but has been very far from it. This one arrived with sticky brown stuff on the front cover. Last time I buy from them.
World of Books is rated 4.69 based on 2,263 reviews