World of Books Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read World of Books Reviews

About World of Books:

World of Books was established by a group of dedicated book lovers, over the past 10 years we have seen our inventory grow from 1,000 books to over 2 million in stock.

We appreciate the impact a good book can have and can relate to the excitement of a new page turner or the familiar joy of an old favourite. We all like the idea of saving a little extra cash too, so when we found out about how many good quality used books there are out there, we just had to let you know.

01903 507544

Tell us how World of Books made you happy
Would you like to add photos or videos?
As a comparatively new customer of World of Books, I have made, I think, three purchases in recent months. I am impressed with the sheer range of books held in stock and then with the speed and efficiency with which orders are processed. One query was dealt with very pleasantly and very quickly. All in all this is an impressive operation.
Hello,

Thank you for your review.

World of Books 📚💚♻
DO NOT TRUST!!!Likely scamming customers for nominal profits at a time. This business is as inefficient as it gets. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I made the online order for a couple of books. I got quick automated responses after making the purchase. I wait for the order. It doesn’t arrive on time, so I attempted to do a shipping query to customer service. After emailing, and using the proper channels to contact customer service, I received a very lackadaisical response. The response was different then the first set of emails I received. It was plain text and indicated that the books I purchased where not available and that I needed to select different books at equal value. The verbiage was a bit odd and made me feel like I made an error attempting to purchase from this business. This made no sense, as I received email saying these books were on the way 12 days before that. There was an order number and again that response was automated, fancy, so at the time I felt like the purchase was legit. In my confusion, I explained the situation again and simply asking for a refund, if they sold me books they didn’t have. Still waiting for a response, a package, a refund or anything that makes this purchase worth it. DO NOT WASTE TIME OR MONEY WITH WORLD OF BOOKS
I've noticed that all the books I've bought from them have been over priced....in one case double the price to buy new. I bought a childrens book 'Level 4: The Spaceship' for £9.99 from World of books. When it came it was not what I expected. I did some research and realised I could buy it new for £4.50. This was also the same for a David Walliams book I bought from WoB. When I contacted customer services querying this and why they were selling used books more expensive than the new version. I received this response -

"Thank you for your email.

We source our items from charity shops and any previous prices on the items were set by them.

Many charity shops are unable to value the items properly before putting for sale and we use complex automated repricing system that bases the price on the demand, value, quantity available and many other factors across many marketplaces online.

However, should you no longer require the item, please let us know and we can advise you of our returns procedure.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance." Gobsmacked and I will certainly not be using this company again.
Description accurate - books described as ‘very good’, really are!

Despatch very speedy and delivery excellent.

Prices very reasonable, and free postage appreciated.
Placed 6 orders in March, 2 to Europe, 4 to Indonesia. The 2 to Europe arrived promptly, but the shipments to Indonesia seem to have fallen victim of transport disruption after covid19 spread and not 1 has arrived. After 2 emails, World of Books has fully refunded costs including shipping.
Very fair response!
NEVER AGAIN!!
Ordered a Book on Sunday, imidiatly texted them, that it was the wrong Book and that they please chancell it. They told me they already sent it out ON A SUNDAY! AND I got the mail that my order was shipped on wednesday! They told me to send it back to them so they can send me back my money. NEVER HAPPEND!! Never got anything back. It's now more than three months!!!!!! Ugly Company!!
NEVER AGAIN!!
Recieved my order, paid £7.49 like new condition book (which was £8.99 new).
Had a horrible greasy film over the covers, damaged spine, had got wet and some pages were stuck together, all in all a pretty poor experience.
When i placed the order there was only 1 like new left so they have clearly sent a shoddy one just to warrant taking the money. SHOCKING.
my books were extremely dirty pages dirty and very yellow with age cover was all creased pages all curled up looked like gravy had been spilled on the pages on other books were covered in what looked like raspberry juice raspberry both books were on Amazon all new and cheaper by more than £1+ tried contacting company not interested sent them photo and was told dirty books were the normal condition of there books never again will I buy from world of books Mary BRADELEY
World of books are my go to for second hand books
I have used them for a long time now, and have only ever had one problem and that was sorted really quickly
If you remember you are buying a second hand book, so it will have been read, but their descriptions are really good, and i have had books that are marked as well read that have looked perfect to me
I would recommend to anyone
Great prices, fast delivery and love the ethos of the business with its BCorp values.
All the books i have purchased have been good condition and received promptly
I've been using World of Books for years and buy about 5 or 6 books at a time. The books are always in the condition described, delivery is quick and the value for money is excellent.

If you're buying a best-selling book for £2.99 and it comes with a bent spine then so what? You're buying it for the story, not to display in the background of a Zoom chat.
I'm in two book groups and regularly buy books from World of Books. Quick service and books as described at a reasonable price. Need I say more?
Excellent collection of books at great prices. Free delivery which is a bonus and really quick delivery. I just wish the packaging was paper/cardboard instead of plastic and they would have got five stars.
You need to be aware that World of Books is not a book shop but a scattered collection of warehouses. Nobody at customer services can give you any information about an individual book. I prefer to use and support proper bookshops where you get personal service.
I have never had any problem with any book off World of books always on time in fact delivered before the 3 to 5 days and I use free post and never had a problem with any of the books even when they are older than 10 years great service at a great price.
I'VE ORDER 4 TIMES NOW.
Delivery were fast,quality of the products was as new yet prices were as for used. I'm super happy customer and recommend their service to everyone.
First time.and last time using world of books ....book was classed as good condition ....guess what ....was not in goid condition .....lesson learnt .....
Ordered a beautiful edition of Bram Stoker’s Dracula as a gift. The book looked to be in good condition until I opened the front cover to upside down text and the last page of the book. The cover was not bound correctly. Customer service didn’t read my email to them and just said “It may still be out for delivery”, even though I attached a video of the book...They send a replacement and again, the front opened to the text upside down and backwards. Unbelievable. Craziest thing I’ve ever seen and I’m done with them.
Hello,
Thank you for your review, we are sorry to hear this, please can you email customerservice@worldofbooks.com with the subject as REVIEWS along with your order number and we can investigate this further for you.
Many thanks, World of Books
i've been buying from 'world of books' for years. at one point, despite very reasonable price, the customer service was inconsistent, as was the condition of books sent. at the time i chose to steer clear.
item quality/customer service yo-yo's big time with this company!!
initially really good-went bad over all-got better recent years-dips again to VERY poor!!
unfortunately, there really is NO consistency!!
customer service has gotten to be HORRENDOUS again!
emails are largely skimmed over content wise & points not addressed in the slightest. lost count of the amount of times i've had to repeat myself & staff are dismissive & near robotic.
their 'solutions' are usually extremely poor - even after proving without a shadow of a doubt that an item does NOT match THEIR descriptions/standards!
you're offered 20% refund (what a joke - especially if you need to re-buy the SAME book elsewhere!!!!) OR they suggest sending the item back for a 'full' refund (except for the FACT you're out of pocket significantly for return postage if you're even considering it as an 'option') - neither of these FACTS are considered let alone cared about.
this last point proves clearly that profit motive is the main consideration - not 'customer service', not adhering to standards & NOT to keeping customers or encouraging return visits/buys.
suffice to say, buy elsewhere - it's just not worth the russian roulette buying through them.
Many thanks, World of Books