Wob Reviews

Refunds Process
Difficult
Read Wob Reviews

About Wob:

World Of Books Group is a circular economy, for-profit business that supports charities and protects the planet by enabling more goods to be reused. From a single bag of books we now re-home and recycle over 75 million used books a year. We buy books from charity shops and other sources, or through Ziffit – our App and website. We sell them on our own website and on other platforms – we are the largest volume seller on eBay globally. Our recycling partners turn unwanted books into other useful products – nothing goes to waste. This is supported by our own proprietary software platform which streamlines our processes. We also provide software services to charities and other re-sellers to help them maximise their e-commerce sales. As a recently accredited B Corp (Business For Good), we are growing quickly in the UK and internationally. With nearly 300,000 sq ft of warehouses in Cincinnati (US), West Sussex (UK) and a new state-of-the-art warehouse in Coventry (UK), sales in 2020 will be nearly £80 million.

Our company was founded on an ethos to do good, to help charities and to make a positive impact. We don’t believe that books should only be read once, or have a single owner. We want to share the love of literature by rereading and reusing books. This is why our prices are low and delivery is free - to help millions of used books find new homes in over 190 countries every year.

01903507544

marketing@worldofbooks.com

Tell us how Wob made you happy
My sister recommended World of Books, I'm glad she did! It's excellent, recycling, less land fill, environmentally friendly. The condition of the book is displayed and brief description of story line. Super fast delivery. Well done!
Hello, Thanks for your review!
I recently ordered a hardback book as a gift for a friend as buying it new was so expensive. The book arrived promptly and I just received a delighted thank you from my friend saying it was like new condition. Thank you WOB! I have been a customer for years and am never disappointed.
Order placed (for a friend) on eBay Delivery day/date (Thursday to Friday) comes and goes, and ZIPPO, not even MARKED as "Dispatched" so I email them VIA eBay, and am told "Sorry, OOS" I had to wait to be told you don't have the book? I had to ASK you where it was?, and YOU DIDN'T SIMPLY REFUND ME? STILL haven't refunded me? Well, I've taken care of feedback on eBay, and (No trust in) TRUSTPILOT...and supplied emails (on Trustpilot) to demonstrate the sheer incompetence of its (WOB's) CS, and PayPal are working on the refund BUT I was as good as ordered to edit my Trustpilot review today, by removing the FIRST NAMES at the end of the emails sent me, as it's "against Trustpilot policy" beCAUSE? it MIGHT ID the CS agents, them being DANIEL, NATALIE & BARNY OOPS, I DID IT again. *Refund currently working its way through the PayPal system"
Complete joke of a company as previous reviews. I purchased two books from them, they cancelled both purchases even though I had paid There reply was they did not have either of the books.
Problem with initial order of 4 second hand books, however customer services dealt with this effectively, both in responding to my e mail and in replacing book order
AVOID ordering from this company. Absolute disgraceful fraudsters, they will advertise a hard backed copy with dust jacket in very good condition for it's age. They then send you a paperback copy in appalling condition that is literally falling apart at the seems with the binding broken and pages so brown that the book was fit only for kindling for the wood burner. I am not the only one to have had this experience as so many others are saying the same thing about this company and they avoid them like the plague.
Ordered a book, not delivered despite them sending me an Email stating it had been delivered! Emailed them as they have suspended their telephone service! What does that say about them? It speaks volumes to me! The return Email stated it will be delivered soon.. not good enough, they provided an erroneous Royal mail tracking number that does not exist, according to Royal Mail! They are not very good with refunding you either, despite the fact that responsibility of the book lies with them until it has been delivered to me! Next stop Trading Standards. Steer clear of this company, order via Waterstones or Amazon, trusted retailers not these pranksters.
Will there ever be a Membership Scheme for WOBs staff for retail and travel discounts. I work in goring for WOBs and although The People team and Operations Manager have looked into it I still haven’t had a response. Yes you have e- points but items are useless to many of us. Any ideas if it could get off the ground? Craig Cooper( Site Foreman)
Happy with my first purchase Delivered to Ireland fast. Will buy more books from this website again
Excellent, fast delivery, books are exactly what they say they are, good, very good, as new, prices are brilliant,
Customer service and Watson are a joke. Wrote email explaining search link to a set of star wars books has no info to it, i.e. author even. Inquired as to how I find out if this is indeed the junior collection by a certain author since they are written for specific age groups. Also inquired about what very good condition means in regards to highlights or writing as it is skipped, conveniently one assumes, in their website description. I receive an email from customer service labeled poor condition- umm, not what I ever suggested- and that they have no information anywhere on what a customer would be purchasing with that item set or price. Well who would buy something they don't even know what it is? I am at an utter loss how this company runs a business. I'm not adding anything to my cart without information as to what's contained in the item/price esp after being told their pictures of items are not a true representation of what is being sold. "Don't hesitate if I need more help." You've answered nothing. Same questions. And so my query remains.....what the bleep are you selling??? Wasted sooooo much time on this. Ever thankful I didn't actually order. Stay away!!!!
The book was so small that the Writting was unreadable. 200 recipes seemed such a good buy but it was a complete waste of money & my time. Customer service offered 30% off !!! That was not going to make the book readable. Before buying check on the size of the book !! Terrible company will never order from them again. Least they could have done was accept the book back free postage and replace it with another
Book described as 'Very Good'. No where near! detailed scribbled notes on every page. Contacted WOB, not even a reply.
Unreliable. I'm £39.18 out of pocket. 2 DVD's failed to arrive. Apparently WOB think that sending a Rod Stewart DVD and a Tiesto in Concert will do. Whoever Tiesto is? Poor Communication. Lack of Customer Care. Why would anyone use this service.
I buy regularly fro. World Of Books and am always happy with the speedy service and quality of the books. I am also very grateful that they do NOT use DPD to deliver as I would probably not buy from them again if they did. I love supporting this business and couldn't recommend them enough. Thanks guys!
Keep receiving emails advertising won keep asking to be in- subscribed but keep getting ignored and receiving emails getting fed up with lack of privacy being shown by WOB
WOB are cretins. Their incompetent grading of DVD's and books, is beyond a joke! Items that are supposedly "Very Good" (which should mean they have been read/watched, but are still in a like-new state, with no markings or damage to them) often tend to be "Okay/Acceptable" (they are damaged/marked, and are barely useable for anything). If you complain, you'll either be told to return the item, and you'll get your refund, or you'll be sent an e-mail stating how sorry they are, and how their highly-trained staff are currently being retrained on how to grade films/books, and this one "must have slipped their high standards" Bulldung! This company couldn't grade a set of freshly-purchased notepads, let alone anything else. It's simply down to laziness and incompetence. Most people can grade DVD's/books with ease. It's hardly rocket-science, but WOB seem to have no clue at all, on even the most basic of stuff. Since when do heavily scratched DVD's or books with extensive highlighting and biro marks inside numerous pages, count as "Very Good"?! They're a deluded company, and despite having a great reputation and feedback, the negatives tell you all you need to know. Don't rely on anything they sell, to be what you will have paid for, and don't pretend for one second that what you get will have any resemblance to what condition they've claimed it's in! An absolutely useless company, that should be put-down!
Ordered 4 books. Two went into the bin. They both had an odour I did not want in my house. One of them was full of mold. Will not shop there again.
World Of Books put me in touch with a very responsive seller. I got a great price on a hard-to-find Mystery published during Worls War II paper rationing. These books were published on low quality paper, and most of them have fallen apart in their 75 plus years. They are kind-of hard to find. I got a "nice price', quick service, a fair, true shipping cost, and my book arrived early. I will shop World Of Books again. Order ID: WGB-2112-14817503 Jim Melka
Thanks for your review!
Ordered a book about Agile & Data Warehousing, in 'Very Good Condition'. Now, to me, that means that the jacket is a little bit dog-eared or there's a couple of scuffs....but on the whole, its in a pretty good state. What I got, physical condition-wise was ok, but there were LOTS of pages with highlighted segments, scribbles, bracketed-out....very distracting when trying to read. There was even a note from WoB saying basically, "we know this book isn't great, but we sent it anyway". Interesting ethic ! I wonder if that would work at Ebay, "yeah, the item you wanted, it's a bit more broken than what we said, but we'll send it anyway"...... To me, WoB basically use this way of working to sell on books that are of poor quality that they couldn't get rid of otherwise, or at least at a MUCH lower price. They rely on people thinking, "this only cost me X amount, I really can't be bothered to send it back, I'll just put up with it". Unfortunately, I fall into this category, rightly or wrongly, it's nearly Christmas and faffing around with this isn't high on my priority list. What is high however, is never using WoB again.
Awful customer service when u get sent the wrong edition never use again
Wob is rated 4.65 based on 2,310 reviews