Wilsons Blinds Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wilsons Blinds

Tell us how Wilsons Blinds made you happy
Very disappointed. After having vertical slat blinds for 12 years we decided to replace them. After reading reviews I placed my order with Wilsons Blinds online. The blinds arrived after a week and they were the incorrect length. The service levels from this point on were were dreadful - the customer service team well one member of the team was not interested in helping apart from argue with me that I had submitted wrong sizes and that they would only give me 10% off another order as a good will gesture - I didn’t want to pay out again I just wanted a solution on the blinds that had already been delivered. After asking to speak to her Manager or have an email for Darren Wilson I was told that this was not possible and only the customer service team could help. There was no help or any genuine concern - just an email back quoting terms and conditions and product information. Was also told that I should have called them instead of ordering on line if I wanted to be 100% sure that my order was correct - Be warned ordering on line. I now have blinds that cannot be used and no support given. Very disappointed in this service - be very wary!
Very disappointed. After having vertical slat blinds for 12 years we decided to replace them. After reading reviews I placed my order with Wilsons Blinds online. The blinds arrived after a week and they were the incorrect length. The service levels from this point on were were dreadful - the customer service team well one member of the team was not interested in helping apart from argue with me that I had submitted wrong sizes and that they would only give me 10% off another order as a good will gesture - I didn’t want to pay out again I just wanted a solution on the blinds that had already been delivered. After asking to speak to her Manager or have an email for Darren Wilson I was told that this was not possible and only the customer service team could help. There was no help or any genuine concern - just an email back quoting terms and conditions and product information. Was also told that I should have called them instead of ordering on line if I wanted to be 100% sure that my order was correct - Be warned ordering on line. I now have blinds that cannot be used and no support given. Very disappointed in this serevive.
Worst costumer service ever. WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN. I ordered black out blinds for my babies room. Did everything correctly and gave correct measurements for the blinds. Once I received the blinds, the fabric was 2cm short each side, which meant there was huge gaps letting light in. This was the case on both blinds. Not helpful when I am needing total blackout. I spoke to their customer service team, and after god knows how many pictures I needed to send in and measurements I had to send. I was told it wasn’t their fault and if I read their Ts&Cs then I would see they allow so many cms each side. After weeks of being told they are not at fault their manager Sian being completely useless as well. Felt like she was just reading off a script. I explained I understand they need to allow for a bit of movement, but 4cm is not acceptable. On both blind there is a 2 cm gap each side which allows all the light in. I was told that isn’t their problem and they allow for so many cms and I should have read the small print before ordering. So complete waste of money, they had no interest in coming up with a solution. DONT BUY FROM THEM. I can see from previous comments too their customer service has been shocking to other issues too.
When they make mistake they wont put it right ... I have received the wrong blinds ordered from this company, this company doesnt take responsibility for when things go wrong, instead they prefer blaming manufacturer and internal processes. I have a huge long box laying on my narrow hallway for 36 hours representing a trip hazard to my kids and despite numerous conversations with their customer service agent and their waste of customers time asking photos etc and explaining in the detail the situation i am still waiting for a courier collection and information of when the blinds i ordered , in priority delivery which i paid extra for, will be dispatched. The company has also not offered any refunds for all inconvenience caused , not even for the priority delivery fee i paid when initially placing order. I will have extra costs with handyman booking and this was all explained to this company but they just do not care. Terrible experience, a company that do not put things straight right when they go wrong do not need ones trade!
I ordered a vertical blind from this company. When blind was fitted the mechanism to tilt the blinds did not work therfore the slats did not tilt so blind was closed permanently . As it was a Friday evening there was no customer service until Monday morning therefore I had to go out and buy a replacement. I contacted customer services on the Monday to request a refund. They do not issue refunds. They wanted to send me a troubleshooting guide to try to fix it myself. I asked if they could collect blinds to verify they were not in working order and was told no! And if they did collect them and blinds were working I would be charged for this. Very poor customer service and if I'm honest cheap blinds too, looked nice but doubt they would stand the test of time. AVOID!
Worst customer service ever
Not a good company to deal with. Why only one star? Because I cannot give less!! I ordered and had delivered two roller blinds. Up until just after delivery Wilsons would have got a five star rating, but I needed to contact them about the length of the chain. I now find I have to join the majority of reviews in giving one star for much the same reason as the others! Their pre-sale customer service was terrific, the delivery on time, and the quality of the roller blinds everything I would want or expect. The after-sales service can only be described in negative terms. My PERCEIVED problem was that it appeared that the chain would not be long enough to lower the blind to its full length as the ‘break link’ would not pass through the cog mechanism (2.43 mtrs drop with 1.9 mtrs length of chain loop). As it turned out due to the cog to roller ratio there was enough chain to work, but this was NOT pointed out to me, and I only found out when I fitted the blinds for their intended purpose (photographic back-drops). Instead of pointing out that the length of chain would be long enough they insisted that they could not supply a longer chain because of ‘health and safety’. As an ex H&S rep (long time retired) this got me very angry as they were applying the regulations for vertical/venetian blinds etc with a continuous loop which needs to be secured at least 1.5 mtrs above the floor, to the regulations for roller blinds with a safe-break-connector which can be loose down to 0.6 mtrs above the floor. To add insult to injury when I emailed them they offered complete side winder mechanisms at £6.50 each which were longer and I could fit them myself! I purchased a two lengths of chain from Amazon more than long enough for my requirements for both blinds for less than £3 in total. The second problem was that I ordered an exact width of blind. The blinds delivered were reduced in size as if I had ordered to a window recess. As it was it did not matter as I am using the blinds as photographic backdrops. I pointed this out in my email to them stating that it did not matter, but along with wanting me to buy two side winders they wanted photographs showing the length of the ‘head-rail’ which does not exist, even though I had stated that it did not matter! They obviously had NOT read my email! I lost the will to live. Their ‘after sales’ manner, both on the phone and in the email, was one of someone that does not care and was just rolling out stock answers, as could be clearly seen in the email (cut and paste text of varying size and font). Once they have got your order . . . ALL of this could have been avoided if I had been given correct friendly advice when I first phoned up about the chain length. My advice is DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY if you think that you may need after-sales care or service – there isn’t any!
I gave the lady on the phone the same measurements on 2 of the 3 blinds when I needed different sizes, even though I had said I need 3 different sizes she never picked up on my mistake, when she played the tape back I could see that it was my fault, I then said okay what can you do to help me she said nothing, so I said if I paid how much would it cost to have it cut down she said it can't be done. I then said why can't they cut it down in the factory she said its impossible it can't be done. I now see why you get such bad feed back when you've got customer service staff like this. Now I would like you to take me off you data base as I will never use your company again. Jim
The only reason I purchased 2 roller and 2 wooden Venetian blinds from this company was because it had been awarded the Theo Paphitis SBS Award. I thought if a BBC Dragon's Den star was giving them an award they must be a good company, how wrong I was. The two waterproof roller blinds are perfect, however my two wooden venentian blinds are not manufactured in the same way even though there is only 10mm of a difference in the width and drop size. One blind has 3 strings down the blind and the other has only 2. This looks odd as the two windows are only 400mm apart on the same wall. Customer services contacted the manufacture who said that this was due to the box size and because the blinds were a different size (10mm difference). Customer service kept going over the same story from the manufacture and would take no responsibility and would not replace one of the blinds to make them the same. The woman from customer services agreed that she would not like her Blinds to look different. However she was unable to help me, all she could suggest was to make a complaint and email it to complaints department. I agree with all the other reviews I now see here and wish I had done more research into this company before I placed my order. I also had a delivery time issue they do not deliver between 5 - 7 days, it took 13days. I think Teo Paphits of Drangons Den should have his name and the apparent endorsement removed from their website and all the other Featured in ( Real Homes, House Beautiful, BBC, Good Homes Magazine, Grand Designs) this company is ruining their good name. DO NOT purchase from this company they will not help you or replace even if they make a mistake.!!!!!!
This companies customer service is appalling. Staff get caught up in their own lies and are not interested when you want to make a complaint!
Wilsons had my review removed from whichever sites they could, so I am posting it on more! Like many others I'm sure, I would give no stars if possible. This is an awful company, and I seriously recommend you buy your blinds from ANYWHERE ELSE! Poor quality blinds, claiming a 'made-to-measure' service which translates as 'we might make your blinds to fit your windows, we might not, as we have a clause in our Ts & Cs that gives us a 50% allowance on the fitting adjustment’. And if your blinds don't fit? Tough, they could not care less. The customer service is as useless as the blinds and now my 72 year old mother has blinds that are of no use what-so-ever and not the funds to replace them. Thanks Wilsons!
Wilsons Blinds is rated 3.58 based on 36 reviews