Wickes Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Wickes
1 New Reviews Written
01AM
1AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"Everything went wrong.Wickes must have the worst fitters out there.less than a week after fitted my kitchen started falling apart literally.now I fear for my life as basic screws are coming out.nearly all doors are damaged because the fitter does not know to screw the handles without damaging the doors.the doors are not closing .the hinges are coming of.well ,the pictures say it all.those parts that are holding are fitted to a bad 19th century standard. I wished I never heard of Wickes"
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"Never order from WICKES!! Ordered my bathroom 4 months ago. Arranged at the time for it to be delivered tomorrow. Called today just for peace of mind to check all ok for tomorrow. To be told 'sorry we no longer stock your bath etc you ordered so some of your items won't be delivered tomorrow or ever for that fact, as we no longer produce them' WTAF!!! Happy to take my £5000 though, and keep it for how many months! Also happy to only tell me of this when I CALLED them!! Not to mention the stress it took to organise a plumber/tiler/kids out of the house/time off work to enable this all. Seriously FUMING 😤 Never going near wickes again! BASTARDS!"
"Kitchen nightmare. Sold a kitchen on the basis, Wickes would do everything needed from design, to delivery and install. The kitchen, including install, cost £15k. The design and delivery were fine, but once the credit agreement was signed, it all went downhill and you are trapped. The installer did not start on the day he was due too. Installer ripped out the old kitchen weeks before the new one was being installed and left nothing, not even a kitchen sink. The old gas cooker was not capped off, leaving my children and I exposed to being gassed. The installer was appointed as per the design plans to take down a wall. The installer took down the wall but did not support the new opening leaving structural issues. To date still not resolved. Installer visited my home on two occasions for 1-hour max and then left for the day when the project could have been progressed. Installer failed to communicate what was being done and when. I therefore was not able to get other tradespeople in to do other work where needed (electrics, flooring, etc.). Made a complaint to Wickes, it was not taken seriously. Make another complaint to the store manager, and no callback so had to chase. Made another complaint to Install Manager and only two options provided which would set the kitchen install back by months. Overall I am surprised this firm can carry the strapline ' let's do it right' when all they want to do is take your money and mess you around. I am left with having to source a new kitchen fitter with no notice. Remedy poor works they had undertaken. Remove rubbish they left in my back garden from the rip out. Negotiate how I get some money back. DONT USE THIS COMPANY THEY DO NOT GIVE A s**t"
"The only reason Wickes are worth one star is because I can't give less. Kitchen ordered and paid for in full (£22,000) in April 2017 with installation set for 18 September. Delivery of components made on time on 14 September and mostly complete: a few items missing from the packing list but these came over the next few days and cabinet installation was carried out carefully and professionally. Worktop measurer came the day after the cabinets were finished and said they’d be back in 10 days to fit it. This was then put back a day, and then two, and at one point I was told the worktop fitters were on their way and would arrive between 10:00 and 12:00 (it was already 09:30); but of course that was a lie and no one turned up. Wickes Customer Services are either completely clueless about what’s going on or, worse, deliberately set out to mislead customers for their own perverted pleasure. The advert says “Wickes – it’s got our name on it”. Well, Wickes, so far as I’m concerned your name is mud and until you finally acknowledge that you have failed to deliver on the contract that exists between us then I’ll not miss any opportunity to let everyone know how you operate."
"My daughter had a kitchen designed and fitted by Wickes. The units were short and the attitude of the Manager who delivered them was appalling. The fitter made such a mess and then whined when he was told he would not get his full pay. My daughter is still waiting for Wickes to explain why a plinth heater will not fit and why their contractor broke the original. Next stop the County Court."
"I have been waiting almost a year from November 2018 for Wickes to complete the outstanding work on my kitchen which I have paid over £10,000 for. In addition, during the initial delivery last November, the driver insisted on trying to get his articulated lorry onto my driveway despite being told not to by several people. Consequently the driveway was damaged. Photos were provided at the time to Wickes. Since then I have had to resend photos of the damage, sent in quote for repair of the damage amounting to over £500. Wickes customer services were dismissive and rude. I was offered £50 ‘as a goodwill damage’ to repair the drive!!! The staff from the fitters to the store staff to customer services to managers do not care. They are rude, patronising and dismissive, using aggressive ‘broken record’ technique and passing me around, each blaming the other. The quality of the kitchen is not good for the price. I have told them how disgusted I am with their poor regard for customer service. I have made numerous phone calls, chasing up, since initial installation in November 2018. I have texted and emailed to no avail. Nobody gets back. Wickes staff are quick to blame the customer and have no regard for or understanding of the stress and frustration, time taken by the customer to resolve the outstanding issues. I have sent formal complaint e mails but have had no response written or otherwise. This is an appalling company who have no regard for customer service, all they are interested in is getting a sale and getting the customer’s money. Taking legal advice and taking this complaint further."
"An extortionate amount of money spent on a kitchen installation... That took from start to finish 6 months when it was meant to be two weeks max. Fitter was unprofessional, never finished the work and never returned my house key. Work was shoddy and finishes poor. Wickes argued every step of the way to help resolving these issues, hence why it took so long to complete. Customer service is shocking and they simply blame you when things go wrong. This company is totally unaccountable for their actions, fitters and advertise falsely. Do yourself a favour and go elsewhere."
"If you are thinking to buy a kitchen from Wickes - DON'T. I asked for mine to be taken out after fitting because it was so bad so that I could go elsewhere but this apparently is not possible. £10,000 GONE!! SUBSTANDARD workmanship. Their own quality control guy said the kitchen was up to the standard that Wickes require. However when I pushed the issue the Customer Service Team sent out another fitter to look at the kitchen and he accepted all the faults that I had reported AND found more that I hadn't yet seen. APPALLING service.... PLEASE DON'T BUY A WICKES KITCHEN. You will be better taking your business elsewhere. The salesman was a truly nice guy and told us of his awards for kitchen fitting. The finished kitchen does not however meet our requirements. The fitter was nothing better than useless and we later refused to have him back because the standard of his work was so poor. PLUS - he overcharged hugely on top of the already high fitting cost paid to Wickes. The work took 6 months to resolve - many hours on the phone and so many emails back and forth. PLEASE DON'T GO TO WICKES *** If this post saves 1 person the heartache that I have experienced then it will be worthwhile. The new fitter who came to resolve the work was great and he put stickers over the damaged areas inside the units which were fine at the time, but now... these stickers are increasingly obvious as they don't fair well with being cleaned. He also had to take a part of the unit apart to make it fit properly but now this has resulted in the new cushion floor I had fitted bubbling up because it had been laid already. Please, please, please - DON'T !!!"
"Ordered the full 100% oak soild wood kitchen. Arrived on date promised. But installer beside agreed to date will come after a week only. Wickes could not help. Some doors are received damaged had hard time convince customer service that was not our fault. They supplied the replacement doors three weeks after installation finished. After that they can not arrange to get installer to fix the replacement till now since six months passed. Various calls to customer service does not help as they say to contact installer who wants additional £400 for replacement. On the other hand after six months the oak wood is changing colour easy to stain and certainly not the oak. The doors are getting out of alignment and 10 year of workman warranty is just a slagon and does not exists. Avoid at a cost as only they are good at is sales"
"DO NOT ORDER YOUR KITCHEN FROM WICKES Due to be delivered on 13th August (apparently a weight restriction on the road leading to my street) so taken to local store to try and arrange a smaller wagon to bring it to my address. They didn't have one. After ringing customer services and the store numerous times that day, I was told it would be delivered by courier the following day. Told firstly by customer services that it would arrive between 1 and 3 and then by the store that it would arrive between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Guess what, it didn't arrive at all. Rang customer services and the store to be told they had lost the kitchen and they didn't know where it was!!! My first bugbear is that there is no weight restriction on the road leading to my property. Secondly my partner (who is self employed) stayed at home to wait in for the kitchen on the 13th August. He lost a days wages. Thirdly my son worked from home at my property, not ideal for him, on the 14th August to wait for the courier delivery that never happened. Customer services wanted to order me a whole new order of the same kitchen again and get it out to me today. What, so somebody would have to have a day off again, only for it not to arrive, I don't think so. Told them to cancel the order and I wanted a refund. Guess what I have to go into the store for the refund. Guess what the store need to get approval from customer services. These people have had £4,000 of my money for a month, sat in their account from the day of order, and they can't refund my money. No managers in customer services to speak to after 5 p.m. The manager in the store is on holiday! I am still waiting for a refund. Avoid Wickes like the plague, they take your money then don't want to know. No idea about customer service. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy anything from this store, I certainly won't be setting foot in the place again."
"I would give 0 stars if an option. Totally disgusted with service. Didn't arrive when should have, work started a week late than agreed, which they had months notification for, and We had already ripped out our old kitchen ready for them, so We had to eat out every night, as no cooking facilities. Then after a week, fitters went on a weeks holiday. We had wrong and damaged items delivered. Kitchen doors bubbling and have been told that it is my fault, spent thousands on this kitchen which I have waited to afford for many many years, now so disappointed and hate it, been told I have to live with it or replace doors myself. Also now found out that when purchased they were supposedly in a sale, but they had the prices increased anyway. They said I could take to omnibus if I want, but I just can't go through all the problems with them again, Caused me and my husband so much stress and worry, and now total dissapointment. Wickes don't care, take your money and not intereseted in further problems."
"What a absolutely appalling company, I would give 0 stars but you can't! 🤔 Order not delivered, but received a txt saying it had been and signed for, totally wrong and fraud signing, customer service, what a joke, they haven't got a clue, avoid at all costs, pay extra from a different company if you have too, avoid, avoid, never ever again will I even step foot in their shop or order online, even if my life depended on it. It's cost us dearly... Very upsetting."
"We had a bathroom fitted by Wickes in April. Went into store and had it designed on a computer. This was after the person in the store came around to do a survey, and measure up. It all seemed very good...until it got fitted. Some items ordered, and a towel rail just didn’t fit. They were never going to fit, yet we had a survey from not only the Wickes staff member, but the fitter, also. If the towel rail had been where it was suppose to be then you would have scalded your leg every time you used the toilet. Of course... Wickes blame the fitter, and the fitter blames Wickes! The fitting was poor and lacked finesse, and attention to detail. This was mainly due to the tiler who decided to bodge the trim, not finish a HUGE step up into the bathroom. He fitted a broken tile, and grouted it in? We had 3 spare boxes! He missed parts of the grouting, both on the floor and walls, so some tiles were filled other bits were not. Grout splashes left over shower, bath, taps. Chipped floor tile, but of course this was put down and grouted in. It took a moan to the boss who came and rectified the problems. Still, however, it’s not as we had hoped. Oh, and Grey silicone was asked for, and there’s just Black silicone everywhere. Apart from that, it’s ok. I wouldn’t bother with Wickes. It’s not worth the money or bother. If you must go to them, buy the stuff yourself (for goodness sake measure and plan it yourself) and get your own fitter."
"I wish I could give 0 stars. Disgusting service! Never going to Wickes again!"
"I bought a quadrant monsoon shower unit from the stockton store in july 2016 thats 3 years ago, im sure a shower the price i paid should last longer than 3 years and especially as it is in the second bathroom which does not encounter the wear and tear of the main bathroom of which only myself and daughter use. I mention wear and tear because that is the excuse that was given for my shower door spontaneously combusting whilst i was out. After speaking to main head office that resulted in being told it must have been knocked and had crack in. I can assure you there was no cracks or knocks ever. They contacted the manufacturer as there was a batch with a fault but i have been told mine was not one of them. Clearly there was a fault. They then said id have to contact store to buy replacement door, which i have only to be told its discontinued and no replacement doors available. I could understand if it was 10 yrs old but its only 3 years and quite expensive. The attitude and after care is totally unacceptable. I should of realised about customer care 3 years ago when the unit was delivered and missing parts including a door and the issue of having to re-schedule installation and incurring the extra cost of that. The attitude of customer care back then was abismal with a couldn't care less attitude and a total dismissal of responsibility. So are you able to give any solution or resolution or am i right in thinking i now have an expensive unusable shower unit bought from Wickes, the company that I will never buy from again and will not endorse or recommend to anyone."
"Terrible Company, Customer Services are absolutely Clueless and really don't know the meaning of Customer Service!"
"absolutely appalling service before you consider buying from wickes for a kitchen or bathroom look elsewhere there after care is absolutely disgusting and they blame you for all there poor workman ship."
"What sort of clowns do Wickes employ, couple of weeks ago brought tiles for kitchen refurb. Tonight before tiler starts tomorrow loaded them on trolley only to discover I got 4 different batches. I brought them online for collection and thought they would have the common sense to select 15 boxes with all the same batch stamp, obviously they are too stupid to do something this simple. Fine that's my lot with this circus, tool station, screwfix and other DIY stores in Banbury will get my business in future. I lost receipt so can't return them."
"The most awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing. Oh and find a company when mistakes are made they know how to apologise and rectify the situation rather than call you a liar and not resolve the situation."
"I ordered a complete kitchen from Croydon store in June 2018 for over £15,000 and fitting in August should have taken two weeks instead it took over two and half months I had no kitchen and it was a nightmare and I would never recommend this company till now there are so many faults in the design which I may add was done by a so call Design Consultant C......e which all she did was to copy the exact design of my old kitchen and when I put a claim for all the chaos that was caused in my property I was offered £350.00 and if I didn't accept I could take this up with the Ombudsman and to me that was an insult as it cost me more to eat out as I never had a useable kitchen, I will probably have to redo the kitchen when I can save enough money in a few years. I even wrote to the Managing Director and till this day no response and this whole experience has damaged my health with stress and now have to live with an everyday nightmare of a kitchen"
Wickes is rated 1.79 based on 685 reviews