Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes
07AM
7AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"Everything went wrong.Wickes must have the worst fitters out there.less than a week after fitted my kitchen started falling apart literally.now I fear for my life as basic screws are coming out.nearly all doors are damaged because the fitter does not know to screw the handles without damaging the doors.the doors are not closing .the hinges are coming of.well ,the pictures say it all.those parts that are holding are fitted to a bad 19th century standard. I wished I never heard of Wickes"
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Never order from WICKES!! Ordered my bathroom 4 months ago. Arranged at the time for it to be delivered tomorrow. Called today just for peace of mind to check all ok for tomorrow. To be told 'sorry we no longer stock your bath etc you ordered so some of your items won't be delivered tomorrow or ever for that fact, as we no longer produce them' WTAF!!! Happy to take my £5000 though, and keep it for how many months! Also happy to only tell me of this when I CALLED them!! Not to mention the stress it took to organise a plumber/tiler/kids out of the house/time off work to enable this all. Seriously FUMING 😤 Never going near wickes again! BASTARDS!"
"The only reason Wickes are worth one star is because I can't give less. Kitchen ordered and paid for in full (£22,000) in April 2017 with installation set for 18 September. Delivery of components made on time on 14 September and mostly complete: a few items missing from the packing list but these came over the next few days and cabinet installation was carried out carefully and professionally. Worktop measurer came the day after the cabinets were finished and said they’d be back in 10 days to fit it. This was then put back a day, and then two, and at one point I was told the worktop fitters were on their way and would arrive between 10:00 and 12:00 (it was already 09:30); but of course that was a lie and no one turned up. Wickes Customer Services are either completely clueless about what’s going on or, worse, deliberately set out to mislead customers for their own perverted pleasure. The advert says “Wickes – it’s got our name on it”. Well, Wickes, so far as I’m concerned your name is mud and until you finally acknowledge that you have failed to deliver on the contract that exists between us then I’ll not miss any opportunity to let everyone know how you operate."
"My daughter had a kitchen designed and fitted by Wickes. The units were short and the attitude of the Manager who delivered them was appalling. The fitter made such a mess and then whined when he was told he would not get his full pay. My daughter is still waiting for Wickes to explain why a plinth heater will not fit and why their contractor broke the original. Next stop the County Court."
"The most awful experience... if you are thinking about having a kitchen/ bathroom fitted with Wickes please DONT do it . Save yourself a lot of grief and choose a company that knows what they are doing. Oh and find a company when mistakes are made they know how to apologise and rectify the situation rather than call you a liar and not resolve the situation."
"I ordered a complete kitchen from Croydon store in June 2018 for over £15,000 and fitting in August should have taken two weeks instead it took over two and half months I had no kitchen and it was a nightmare and I would never recommend this company till now there are so many faults in the design which I may add was done by a so call Design Consultant C......e which all she did was to copy the exact design of my old kitchen and when I put a claim for all the chaos that was caused in my property I was offered £350.00 and if I didn't accept I could take this up with the Ombudsman and to me that was an insult as it cost me more to eat out as I never had a useable kitchen, I will probably have to redo the kitchen when I can save enough money in a few years. I even wrote to the Managing Director and till this day no response and this whole experience has damaged my health with stress and now have to live with an everyday nightmare of a kitchen"
"having just finished our kitchen today i have nothing but praise for steven salter the designer at wickes bulwell and jamie milton the fitter who was superb his work was brilliant and was very good right down to the last detail they have made us very happy and i would recommend their work to everyone thank you so much steven and jamie"
"Do not take the Wickes challenge as you will regret you ever purchased a bathroom, promised start date only to be let down , got that bad with all rooms full of bathroom furniture , there is a clause in your contract that will let them get away with mugging you off , "oh very sorry but your fitter is on another job" , I have ordered a bathroom and I am not happy at all with the service , also CS , they also must be the same breed as the fitters because all you`ll get is a sorry , so do yourselves a big favour and try else where ...And there will be nothing you can do according to the contract and there are lots of little trinkets in the contract that take your rights away. take this contract to a lawyer before you sign..be warned , avoid at all costs, if you do maybe i`ll get a person to fit my bathroom,,Oh joy cant wait."
"Don’t buy into all their current advertising, making out as though they’ll take care of your kitchen. The only thing they’ll do is take you for a ride: “Do it right.” They’ll do you right. Our “specialist works” more than doubled in price from the £1.2k fee prior to placing the order to £2.8k after placing the order. This was already on top of their “flat installation fee” of £2.9k. We were then quoted another £700 for tiling and, sit down before you read this, another £1000 to paint the kitchen(just in white, not melted gold mixed with unicorn tears or anything like that), leading to a total installation fee of £7500(no cabinets no appliances no flooring, JUST fitting), for a kitchen in which if I lay down I can touch both walls. They then can’t seem to understand why you want to cancel your order. They become quite dismissive and suddenly hard to contact. It’s so bizarre. We were also told that the only way to lower this fitting cost was if we paid our fitter cash so he can avoid paying VAT. Sounds legit. All in all, really unhelpful and really quite rude. Wrenn is only over the road."
"I recently spend over £10'000 with Wickes on a kitchen & small Bathroom and the full process from design to install was a complete joke. The bathroom was measured incorrectly so the items ordered did not actually fit the room leaving us for a full week with no bathroom in a house with no other bathroom facilities. The tiles we were supplied all came from different batches so were all different shades and looks like a patchwork quilt. Because the items didn't fit we now have a L shaped corner unit in the centre of the bathroom. Our kitchen experience was far worse, we were 3 days into a 4 day fit and on the final day the Wickes fitter just didn't turn up leaving us with an unfinished kitchen, no utility or worktops. He eventually got back to us at 14:00 to advise he was on another job! We had a tiller and flooring booked to be fitted on the weekend which all needed to be cancelled. The Management have been a joke - Even after raising a formal complaint. I'm currently dealing with a guy called Burhan from the customer relations team who basically just wants me off the phone, doesn't listen and talks over me any time I try to raise a point. I have 3 children 1 of which is disabled and this has caused a huge amount of problems for us throughout and Wickes just don't care! So far they have offered me nothing other than covering half of some of the extra charges we got from tradesmen and I genuinely don't feel like they actually care so my advice would be to book with a company that is reputable no the cheapest! The worst thing is all of our stuff is on credit so we will be paying for 4 years for our scratched work surfaces, miss matched tiles and horrible memories. Using Wickes was the biggest mistake I have ever made and I will regret it until I can replace the mess they have left in my house!"
"What is it with the Fareham store??? I haven't used Wickes for a few years as I simply haven't had a need to, but I used to use the Portsmouth & Waterlooville stores and they were fine. Having recently moved house and now living near the Fareham store I decided to go there for various items, and have been there 5 or 6 times. Each and every time I go there I find the staff unhelpful, rude and sarcastic. Initially I thought it was just the one guy, but oh no, they seem to have had a branch training day in how to provide appalling customer service. A couple of examples.... Paid cash, the guy short changed me by £10.....initially denied he had, when he finally realised that I was right because I had paid in all £20 notes he literally flung a £10 note at me. On another occasion I went to the till/customer service area where 4 of them are having a chat. One of them looked at me 4 times, ignored me and carried on having a chat and a laugh..... I could mention several other incidents but I'd be here all day, which means I'd be wasting even more of my time on Wickes. The bottom line is, it's an appalling shop, and as there are a number of other places (homebase, screwfix, B&Q etc) within a short distance I really wouldn't waste your time.... Unless of course you enjoy being treated like c***"
"I purchased laminate flooring suitable for a bathroom. It was guaranteed for 15 years. After 11 months it became 'blown' and I began a complaint with Wickes Hall green. After 18 months and jumping through numerous hoops (inc the manufacturer themselves) we have been refused a refund (value approx£100). Buyer beware at Wickes. Their customer service etc is appalling. I would certainly never purchase again from Wickes. Shocking service. I would also give no star if that was an option."
"Shame I had to give 1 star. We are having an awful experience. Once they have your order they don't give a stuff! We are trying to order a 500 base unit and wall panel that didn't come on our order. It's like trying to pull teeth! Trying to get hold of a kitchen designer is nigh impossible. We have been told for the last two days that so and so will order it and call you when it's done. They don't call so you call them. No it's not been ordered yet, so and so is in a meeting they will do it when they are finished and call you. No call no order. Round and round the garden. Can I speak to the store manager? No they don't have one. Oh my God! Don't buy a Wickes kitchen! Our fitter is about to come to a standstill and has to be finished in 3 days. Oh, OH and the cookers they supply don't come with a heat protector pack! So when you go to put your oven in you have to search the Internet for one of those or risk your new oak worktop and new base units burning! B&Q kitchens come with a pack..I know I've had one. And don't bother calling customer services, they are clueless too. No idea madam if they should come with one. Call Zanussi customer services. Called them on number given, number doesn't exist! Nice one mate. I really could thump someone. Oh, Oh and don't have a Wickes fitter! They cost three times more than your average kitchen fitter! We cancelled ours and good, because he was very rude to my hubby when questioned about the prices for "specialist works' he was trying to charge us for. Hubby said he wasn't going to pay it. Daylight robbery. Awful, Awful people. Worst customer service ever."
"brought a wicks electric drill from the Boston shop returned next day chuck had jamed wicks sales man released the bit with dificulty then sprayed with wd40 said if no better bring back returned next day with same problem wicks sale person (manager) refused to change or give me my money back He said could not find the fault"
"The staff in Chippenham are rude. All the staff stand around in the till together chatting. I get the impression they’re sniggering about people at times. They are unhelpful and unfriendly. The young woman who served us today actually huffed and her manner was very sulky. It’s consistently awful customer service in Chippenham but I’ve never been huffed at before."
"you get what you pay for that,s it no more"
"Contacted customer services regarding a problem with a Karcher. 4 different customer service reps all gave the wrong information to return the item to store. After driving the 20 miles to return it the store manager advised it cant be returned it has to go through Karcher and that customer services know that. Still waiting on customer services response as to why they did this."
"Incompetence and ineptitude are how I would describe the whole of the shambles that has been my bathroom experience courtesy of Wickes. Ordered the full package for my new bathroom from Wickes. Went into the Hove store to plan and order the full bathroom, so far so good as Lisa the sales consultant was pretty efficient. That however was where the efficiency stopped. On delivery day no bathroom arrived due to it having been forgotten to gave been loaded onto lorry. A whole bathroom for gods sake! How can you leave that behind? Eventually delivered days late then the real fun started. Poor project management, dodgy plasterers, replacement plasterers, workmen not turning up til the evenings due to being overstretched, missing items that took days and some times weeks to arrive. Three attempts to get a working non cracked toilet, missing parts from the shower and as for the tiling well what can I say?have had to have the floor retired twice and am waiting for wickes to sort it out again as grouting is constantly crumbling. Project manager has gone awol or maybe emigrated to avoid angry customers!!! AVOID WICKES AT ALL COSTS. PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE!"
"Everything went wrong from start to finish with our new bathroom, no fitter to do survey for over a month, cancelled deliveries, Part delivered, Extra bathroom suites being delivered after the fit. The only good thing was the fitter who jumped in and saved us by sourcing another bath and putting a temporary toilet in, After Wickes lost our new bathroom!!! and customer service informed me the fitters would have to put our old one back in until the delivery could be made!!! The fitter had taken away the old bathroom suite and re-tiled the bathroom!!! disgusting way too many issues to put on here regarding our experience do not bother"
"Very poor customer service Kitchen took 4 weeks to complete instead of 1 week due to their inability to design correctly and deliver the required parts"
Wickes is rated 1.94 based on 506 reviews