Wickes Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Wickes
07AM
7AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"Wickes Extra Swansea. I had a voucher for a tin of Hammerite from the manufacturer, Akzonobel, due to a problem with a previous purchase of the product. Great customer service on the part of Akzonobel. Voucher could be used at any store stocking their products, in this case HAMMERITE. The voucher and instructions were quite clear to anyone who could read. A blue voucher to place in the till, by the vendor and a pink voucher to send to the address provided by Akzonobel on the voucher booklet both on the inside front page and the back inside page. Simple or not? 40 minutes in the store while various mangers were called and none knew what to do with the voucher, and then a further wait whilst another member of staff waited on the phone to ask customer services how to process the voucher as, " they had never seen one before"!! Absolutely disgraceful customer service with the attitude, I will pass this on to as many people as possible to make your life difficult so that you may just go away,BECAUSE....... I haven't a clue what to do. To top it, I was told that they did not have a stamp to authenticate the voucher that needed to be sent back to Akzonobel WHAT?!!!! I do not live local to this store so I wasted 2 hours of my time today on a fruitless and time consuming visit. Appalling lack of customer service and use of brain cells."
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"Do Not ever buy a kitchen from Wickes. They have got so many things wrong I would need a lot more space than here to tell you how bad they are. Their Design Consultant Duncan got the measurements wrong and tried to blame my daughter for not checking the order!. He claimed our fitter should be able to cut the freezer door cover to the correct size. Wickes supplied a freezer door cover 730mm in length to cover a freezer 900mm in length and they expect my daughter to pay for their error! It took the Store Manager to intervene before they understood they were wrong. The Flat is on the second floor and Wickes delivery men refuse to take the 3m worktops up the stairs as they are too heavy for 2 delivery men. I had to take them up myself with help from a maintenance man. Duncan changed the position of the sink. When questioned about this he reassured my daughter this was not a problem with waste water and electrics. When my fitter came to fitting the Kitchen he pointed out that the electrics run exactly where the proposed new sink would be located. Duncan and Wickes answer to this was we should rip out all the electrics to fit with their design! My fitter has come up with a better design but Wickes want us to pay an extra £292 which we should be grateful because it is heavily discounted. A trip to the Barking store to complain yielding nothing. They do not answer the phone and on a number of occasions they have not rang back when they promise they will. They have a 13 hour delivery slot and if you request a time to suit you within that they will ignore it as all deliveries are made to suit Wickes and as London is far away for them they could not deliver after 11 am. I have written a long letter of complaint and am still waiting for a response and to get the kitchen finished. They are also very good a quoting their terms and conditions when there is a problem. Never mention them when they take your money. Worst Company I have ever dealt with."
"Very bad customer service. Sales assistant would not consider adding extra items to my delivery even though they came from same store. Delivery driver would not help me bring items into porch but said no they are in the bag which was in middle of street. They would have got stolen if I hadn't been able to ask a family member to help me lift them. Will definitely choose alternative DIY store even though wickes is just down my street."
"We bought shaker style kitchen and all appliances from St Albans branch. Overall we had positive experience from the design to the delivery of items. We had our own installer which positively commented on the quality of the units. We had few missing items, but were replaced timely by customer service. We didn't have any issues with them. Our only negative experience was actually with the quoting. After we paid the deposit and signed the contract, we added one item and removed another from the original quote. However, the price of all other items went up few penny and pounds and overall we paid extra money which is equal to the price of the item we removed from the original quote. We contacted the store and reported this as breach of contract. They said they would investigate it. However haven't heard anything. We also signed the contract for 3 years, however it came as 2 years without our knowledge. Second point is, the ordering system automatically adds items that you don't need and you cannot get rid of them. In our case it added automatically some knobs which we didn't want. They said their price was removed from the quote, however when we sum things up, it was apparent that we paid for them. So our advice is, please read the quote and the contract carefully and make sure it doesn't include anything you don't want. Also check the price of each item when you revise the quote."
"Customer service appalling, late deliveries, items cancelled or not available. Despite numerous emails and phone calls still awaiting Wickes to contact me. And sort out numerous issues. Designer and Branch Manager awful."
"Worst customer service experience ever. Shall definitely be going to trading standards."
"Absolutely horrendous customer service by Wickes!!!! We ordered a product 4 weeks ago for next day delivery which we never received. I asked for a refund and we were promised one which we still haven't received. To say im fuming is an understatement. Never buy from Wickes online!"
"Wickes delivery and customer service is atrocious and I would warn people to avoid using them."
"Do not use Wickes for a kitchen!!!! So today I have been offered £200 and a new end panel but no offer of someone to fit it. Oh and did i mention being called a liar!!! Apparently the fact the designer didn't measure up properly is not their issue and the gaps are because my wall isn't true, erm there was a column there that the designer didnt measure Wickes. I am insulted by your responses to be honest 😡😡😡"
"I can only say NEVER pay up front for your kitchen. We paid in full 12 January with the promise of a kitchen by end of March. 2 April kitchen delivered. 8th April Wickes fitter arrived to fit only to discover there was no sink unit nor worktops!! After numerous phone calls these were delivered following week. But still on 5May we are still in Limbo with some units fitted, wires hanging out of walls etc. We were promised this week would be fitting week one month from original date but no, no one has arranged for fitter to return!! I do honestly think if we had taken out buy now pay later option we would not be in this position!! Take heed."
"The only complaint I have is that they don’t want my money. Have tried to order fencing for next day, but at checkout it freezes on the payment section!!! Has taken so long I now can’t order for next day. Tried calling and no answer/ long wait. The reason it’s short notice is because we took she’d down and realised the fence needs doing, before putting up new shed"
"Just had a phone call from wickes.saying that the decking boards.we order will be an other 28days.that will be 6werk wait. This is the third time.they have cocked up are order. Last one.we wonted gravel. Gravel delivered.wrong colour. When I spoke to there office.they said 6weeks.or cancel the order. Sorry Wickes no more orders of us.score 0-5"
"A great store very helpful will be back again"
"My mum treated me to shed and paid for it to be put up!! Today the delivery for the base turned today and they only dump it kerbside!!! Also won’t help you and the sand is a massive hessian bag that won’t go down my alley to back garden. Not everyone is online and it wasn’t explained to my mum in store!!! I’d give a minus score if I could as I think the customer service has been shocking!!!!"
"Very disappointed with terrible service in Hereford today. Staff had zero knowledge of products. They said to stop talking when asked a question - misogynistic response to a woman having sufficient information to know they were talking rubbish - and they justified rudeness by saying the manager had told them to just read the tin if asked for advice. I can manage that for myself."
"Avoid Wickes bathrooms like the plague. From installation to after sales service they were appalling. Bathroom started being installed the second week of March. On the second day of installation there was a massive leak from the upstairs bathroom to my living room and on the third day no one bothered to even turn up to do work on the bathroom. By the Friday the fitting had started and by the Saturday I was left with an un-usable bathroom. By unusable I mean that it was completely unfinished (sink & toilet were not plumbed in, mirror was not on wall, tiles were scratched, silicone had not been done, lumps of filler on ceiling were not sanded down and I could continue). The sink was no more than 4cm away from the toilet and so even if it was plumbed could not be used - this was a design issue as the designer has suggested we get a 600mm sink which did not make the most of the space. The contractors did not return to do anymore work and told me it was down to wickes to sort the problem. After 5 hours of phone calls and evening being shouted at by the design consultant I was no further forward. In the end I was forced to source my own sink from Victoria plumbing and even get a quote for the unfinished work and painting over the leak. Wickes were particularly unhelpful and did everything in their power it seemed to try and avoid blame - blaming the fitters. Bathroom was finished 6 weeks later reluctantly by wickes. I would avoid wickes if I were you absolutely terrible customer service."
"absolute disgrace waited in for 6 hours for a delivery which never turned up. order number stated delivery today 23/4/19 between 1300 and 1800 and no goods arrived. rang customer services and they told me it could turn up tomorrow morning but they were not sure. will never use wickes ever again."
"I will balance this review by stating I do not usually leave a review unless I get great service and this can even be where a mistake was made and corrected, however Wickes fails on every measure in my book. I have previously left good reviews. I ordered 4 items on-line. Only 2 were delivered, I chased - nothing, chased again and after several more days and several more exchanges, one of the items is now out of stock. I accept this, had I been told a month ago having clearly lost this part of the order. Their Customer Service Team is virtually impossible to speak to and there appears to be a complete lack of understanding of what "customer service" actually means to them. This business (owned by Travis Perkins) needs a complete shake up if it expects to compete in this highly competitive market. Just for the record we think we have spent £20000 with Wickes over the past few years and to be fair have previously rated them - I think they now have an uphill struggle to retain me as a customer and judging by an appalling overall rating of under 2 out of 5, this is not an isolated issue."
"Very disappointing indeed. I don't normally write these but felt compelled. I ordered items to be delivered today in the morning. I have been waiting since 9:00am and called them multiple times. During the last phone call i was redirected so many times that i quit. I was meant to do the garden for my mother as a surprise but now i cannot. The whole bank holiday , waiting for this. Next one is in May!! This was the first and last time i will be shopping online with Wickes ."
"order put in a couple of weeks ago for delivery on 23rd april. just had text today on 22nd april saying delivery will be 24th april. Thats too late for the job planned for 23rd april. I will have an upset customer and will have lost a fair sum of money and a days work and a load of materials that will just need to be recollected by wickes assuming I can store them somewhere safe."
Wickes is rated 1.83 based on 639 reviews