Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate Wickes ?

"Great prices and value"
"Purchased a shower enclosure from wicks recently which is leaking in all 3 corners of unit! Contacted customer services who contacted the manufacturer commented not installed correct by just looking at photos (laughable)!! Then advised to do extra sealing which is not on the instructions. They Will not send out an engineer ! Wicks could not care less , considering the item is bought directly from Wicks. Disappointing of service and lack of responsibility - product is not fit for purpose. Now following the complaint procedure advised by ombudsman."
"We had a new bathroom installed about 2 years ago. Unfortunately, the quality was not good at all. We had water leaks 3 times and still have had other problems yet to be fixed. We have contacted Wickes many times over the year for the problems but their process is so slow and not practical. Surprisingly, we have been waiting for them to come and fix the bathroom for almost a year. We have spent a lot of time for chasing up. I strongly recommend NOT to use Wickes. I don't even want to give one star."
"Very good service and fast delivery"
"Ordered sand and cement for the start of a project cement on top of. Bags of all split so a pallet of sand and cement spilt on drive which had to be jet washed off will never enter a store again and will never purchase anything from wickes the project will be purchased through B&Q at least they text or phone you at customer service to see if everything is ok we can spend our money anywere"
"Waited for item to get from the warehouse to till more than an 1.5 hours in Ruislip branch.Complete wastage of weekend"
"Absolutely useless. We arranged Stockport designer to come to measure our bathroom, which was confirmed by email. He didn't turn up and was very rude on the phone that he won't bother to come even though it was prearranged. We tried Oldham store- same thing happened, we had it confirmed by email for designer to come. She would not bother neither. When we called back, she said they do not have show room in Oldham so she thought we won't be interested for her to come! Madness. So we were twice at home waiting and nobody bothered to turn up. Glad I didn't go with them as can't imagine how it would be with actual bathroom fitting if just the visit is such an issue!!!!"
"Don't ever order from them. They say you can collect in an hour. BUT wait for the text. You wait. And wait. You call them hours later. "Well you'll probably receive it tomorrow now." That after the sales pitch in your ear while you wait for someone to talk to tells you again how you can click and collect in ONE hour. They tell you to call the store to ask. That's not possible because nobody picks it up. When you cancel your order because surprise you have a life and you didn't order ONE HOUR click and collect so you'd have to cancel your plans for the next day to wait around for the text so you can collect or god forbid you work and you won't be able to collect now in the 24 hours they give you they tell you it's 3-5 DAYS before you'll see your money."
"I purchased a kitchen from Wickes on April 2018. 4 items were faulty. I contacted customer services and they told me to return them to the store to get new ones even thew if I ordered them online as I had no times to go to the store and no car to transport them. I Finally got a cab to get them back. And on the store they did not want to exchange them or to reimbourse me and talked to me in a very unprofessonal manner. PLEASE AVOID THESE SHOP THIS CHAIN IS A TOTAL DISGRACE.."
"Incompetence and ineptitude are how I would describe the whole of the shambles that has been my bathroom experience courtesy of Wickes. Ordered the full package for my new bathroom from Wickes. Went into the Hove store to plan and order the full bathroom, so far so good as Lisa the sales consultant was pretty efficient. That however was where the efficiency stopped. On delivery day no bathroom arrived due to it having been forgotten to gave been loaded onto lorry. A whole bathroom for gods sake! How can you leave that behind? Eventually delivered days late then the real fun started. Poor project management, dodgy plasterers, replacement plasterers, workmen not turning up til the evenings due to being overstretched, missing items that took days and some times weeks to arrive. Three attempts to get a working non cracked toilet, missing parts from the shower and as for the tiling well what can I say?have had to have the floor retired twice and am waiting for wickes to sort it out again as grouting is constantly crumbling. Project manager has gone awol or maybe emigrated to avoid angry customers!!! AVOID WICKES AT ALL COSTS. PLEASE GO ELSEWHERE!"
"Very good driver very help full. Nothing was a problem to him"
"Visited rotherham store twice this weekend. Staff not helpful at all and sent me away with wrong item which I then had to return. Visited again next day for a click and collect order and stood waiting at the click and collect desk for about 10 mins while 3 cashiers ignored me even though there were no queues. I eventually walked across and asked if anyone was working on the click and collect desk to which I was told someone would be across soon. When one of the cashiers who had seen me waiting eventually came across she said she didn't even know it was a click and collect desk. Service abysmal and staff very unhelpful"
"Terry, the installer, in the Essex region, is a grade A C*nt!"
"Absolutely terrible. Ordered laminate flooring online. Failed to arrive on the Friday as arranged (wife had taken a day off work). Told it will arrive Saturday or Monday. Nothing came! Called wickes and told it will take another failed delivery before a new order can be made. Tuesday.... nothing! Called again and told there need's to be another attempt and it will be made Wednesday morning. Guess what...... nothing. Called and told there needs to be a third attempt before they can resolve the issue with the courier and send me a new order. (How Fri, sat, mon, Tuesday, Wednesday is not 3 attempts I don't know!) Told i would get a call from a mansger normally in 24hours. Has still not happened! Thursday.... nothing! Called again several times and just given the same excuse that they need to confirm it is lost with the courier before sending out new flooring! Would not let me speak to a manager. Would not resolve the problem."
"Watch out for delivery cos you need to be at home ALL day. They wont give you 1h delivery slot. Its almost impossible to call customer service. For 20mins they kept saying 'an adviser will be with you in up to 1min'"
"Went to Brentwood store and the staff in there are all so rude specially a blond one think her name was lou think they all need a lot of customer service training and I think that she said she was the manager so no wonder all the staff are bad in there need some new staff will not be going in there again"
"Well. Where to start. Installation of bathroom hasn’t even begun but problem after problem with customer service. Issues with billing incorrect items, two separate deliveries for items, but was never informed. Items I purchased in store had to be chased to be delivered on time. No one in customer service ever took responsibility for errors. A constant worry - do not use Wickes."
A
"Good choice of tiles. Vought farmhouse tiles great look and a little more interesting than plain white metro tiles."
"Delivery Service is appalling i got an Invoice via email of what i had Ordered on this it said that i will be Notified of a Time Slot for the Following Day Delivery, Didn't get a call they expect you to Stay in for 10 hrs hoping the Delivery will be made, The Girl at the Oldham Branch didn't have a Clue when i rang plus she was eating all the way through the Conversation, So i Rang Customer Services complete waste of time should be called Customer pass the Blame."
"Simply appalling service, please please please go elsewhere. It took 140 days to complete a simply kitchen installation scheduled to take 5 days, left me with a shoddy temporary worktop for over 8 weeks after they managed to measure and cut the new one wrong 3 times, customer service completely inept. Bits started to fall off almost as soon as they were installed. Total waste of money and time and a complete false economy."
Wickes is rated 1.95 based on 426 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!