Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes
1 New Reviews Written
8PM
8PM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"Took 5 weeks to complete kitchen not 2. Items not delivered. Kitchen doors chipped and repainted over. Shoddy kitchen fitters. After service and compensation a joke."
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Free Access
"1) They overcharged my mother £1,000 2) They did the measurements wrong so the kitchen didn’t fit 4) They messed up the order as we received items that we shouldn’t have but payed for them 5) They calculated the refund incorrectly tried to give £842 less then what is owed 6) Full of lies and poor management This company is a well known brand all over the UK but the branch I dealt with is extremely disappointing and should not be running as a business. It has been 4 weeeks and we still have not fixed the issues! Think twice before buying from them!"
"Quality and delivery of parts all good however Installation a total nightmare The experts couldnt agree total area of room There was always more money required for installer I was even charged £100 as tiles were not available at time although not being told they had to be there in first place Extra this and extra that outweighed genuine extras Am going for new kitchen soon but no way with Wickes Shame really as installation left bad taste No one interested in feedback Be very careful if using installation re money as always loop holes for extra Had nice pictures of finish but unwilling to share as costs outweighed finish"
"Products were good but Marvin who fitted our kitchen (Exmouth) was an absolute nightmare. He made too many mistakes, took a holiday half way through our fitting, cut our solid wood work top wrong THREE times, plumbed the washing machine in wrong, broke a fitting on our Neff oven, took down an internal wall that had to be rebuilt …… the list goes on. Thankfully Kevin and Karen (husband and wife team) came and repaired all his mistakes but that was only when they were available. Whatever you do make sure Marvin does NOT fit your kitchen."
"Customer service was horrendous by the manager from the showroom in Stockton on tees. Laughing down the phone because of the amount of money I paid did not Warrent a survey by wicks to see if the bathroom fitted. Shame on you wicks offering a 10% discount off something else you expect me to spend my money on in the store, because I still have something at home that does not fit and that I cannot return."
"Always go and get excellent customer service by Wickes in Hayes. The kitchen and bathroom design are so good with good budget, looking forward to buy one kitchen in their excellent Sofia Pewter Range."
"We had our kitchen fitted by Wicks approximately 5 years ago. Initially we had a couple of issues but they were sorted out very quickly. The fitters were excellent, very professional and approachable with any queries we had. The kitchen still looks as good as new and we have never had any problems at all so would highly recommend Wicks Kitchens. Excellent."
"I ordered a sinclairfire alarm from wickes on around 5th October 2018. I called them mid month to ask what was going on as I hadn't received anything. They advised they will contact their supplier to see what is going on. This happened about... 4-5 times? Each time they said they would contact their supplier to see whats wrong. After about another week of this I got a bit fed up so when I called and they said they were going to call their supplier I asked them to give me the supplier's number instead so I could call them. They assured me that they wouldn't answer. I called the number and someone answered first time. They informed me that the supplier (SinclairFire) was no longer there, and that they were a different company. I checked company details for SinclairFire and could see they had dissolved in September.. 2017!! Wickes still have items for sale from this supplier even now (Oct 2018). I called Wickes back up again to explain what I'd found, disappointed that I had to do someone else's job for them. They said they would contact their buyer to see if they had contact from the supplier. 2 more days pass and I get a call back (first time I've been called back when they said they would!) saying the supplier is no longer trading (no kidding). The only compensation I got out of this was £20 for the time wasted. The thing that I find most alarming about this is it took a random customer like me to get so annoyed with their incompetence that I had to take matters into my own hands, contact Wickes' suppliers myself, and tell Wickes what was going on, basically doing their job for them. If it were not for me they would likely still have these items on their website for sale, over a year after supplier had dissolved it's company!!! Apart from all that... the lady on the phone was very nice at least - thanks for your patience Lauren!"
"Good offers but when you bought any item that horrible after sale service. Delayed deliveries, baseless excuses and finally cancellation of order. Happened twice"
"the quality of Wickes kitchen units is absolutely appalling and so is the workmanship of it's fitters"
"Delivery that still wait, and next time pay always with PayPal and open always a dispute case . I order last Friday few bits and pieces for next day delivery that was Saturday . From the 3 items i received only the 1 without any excuse . There is heaps of stock at any of their store based on what they say at their website . Still waiting an answer . That was my first and last order as i am new in the country."
"Had a derlivery planed for 23rd of October had called the derlivery department 2 days before my derlivery and day before for a time slot they told me I would get a call and text message and I had none i called on the day and told me my derlivery was on the 22nd which I know they are not telling the truth as I was calling and checking for derlivery information I lost a days work and money plus a friends time as they don't derliver to your door I think that it's outrageous I booked a derlivery for the next day the 24th let's see what happens and I will keep review sites upto date will this  Edit"
"Bought and had bathroom installed through wickes! Installer has had to come back and repair a number of issues! They have even damaged my hallway flooring ((the hallway creaks and moves and there and lumps bulging up from under the carpet) wickes answer, they will never accept liability for it. You waited 3 weeks to tell us, well Wickes, I called your customer service team on several occasions requesting a call back, was not waiting 15 min to speak to someone, never got the call back so sent and email, took them 3 dats to come back to me! And there are still faults with my bathroom and I do not want the original installers back! So so cross!"
"I ordered an ex-display bath screen and it arrived on time but I was out at the time. They tried to call three times on my mobile but I was unavailable. Citysprint took it back to the Wickes office in Caerphilly and I phoned them for an update. The operations manager phoned me personally to reschedule the delivery free of charge. It arrived as promised in the morning slot. Very impressed! Not installed the screen yet but for the price, I can't really go wrong."
"Ordered 3 doors twice, once by online , then by their phone orderline. No delivery the first time, wrong sizes the second time, because they didn’t have the sizes I required. Did they think a 2”6” door would fit in a 2”9” space. Complete waste of time"
"I am very happy"
"Competitive prices, quality product and good customer service"
"ORDERED SOME VAPOUR BARRIER FROM BICESTER STORE. ON ARRIVAL THE LADY PROCESSES MY ORDER WITH A SMILE AND MADE MY DAY BETTER."
"Another "store" that I am sure will be shutting down due to lack of sales soon. I ordered a shower of them 10 days ago, with the delivery expected today (8th October) that in itself is poor, in this day and age to take 10 days to deliver an in stock item. As I had not been called the day before as described in their E mail to be, to arrange a delivery time, I rang their customer service, only to find that the shower was damaged and as it was in the clearance they didn't have anymore. Well thanks for the heads up Wickes! Over a week to make a delivery and still unable to let me know nothing was being delivered until I rang them, I was offered a 10% discount of anything else I would like delivered instead. (Although there is no guarantee I will actually get it. Another customer lost Wickes, well done!"
"Worst customer service. i hope this dissuades people from being lured into the initial friendly proactive service... as soon as you have signed then you are literally left on your own. The fact that they outsource some of the work to contractors makes matters worse as you not only have to deal the worst customer service but you then also have to chase contractors to finish the job... Don't sign the contract!"
Wickes is rated 1.93 based on 521 reviews