Wickes Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

How would you rate Wickes ?

"I went to wickes in Halifax today bought a kitchen, shower screen and internal doors, lucy brice helped us with everything and we got a great deal thank you."
N Sibly
"Bought 2 trellis for my garden and they wanted to charge £30 delivery 1.5 miles."
"Everything went wrong from start to finish with our new bathroom, no fitter to do survey for over a month, cancelled deliveries, Part delivered, Extra bathroom suites being delivered after the fit. The only good thing was the fitter who jumped in and saved us by sourcing another bath and putting a temporary toilet in, After Wickes lost our new bathroom!!! and customer service informed me the fitters would have to put our old one back in until the delivery could be made!!! The fitter had taken away the old bathroom suite and re-tiled the bathroom!!! disgusting way too many issues to put on here regarding our experience do not bother"
"Cow boy builders- 5 months to do a dry fit kitchen, no one took ownership of mistakes. DO NOT get any work carried out by wickes. On going problems and lies constantly. save your money and go somewhere else."
Kevin Kioster
Unverified Reviewer
"On their website it says open today 1st April 10.00 to 4pm at my Hanger Lane store. I drove 5 miles at 12.30 to find it was closed!! What sort of incompetent company is this . Absolute rubbish - never again."
"i bought some quick dry white, wickes brand gloss, i painted my banister , spindles, skirting boards, about a week later was wiping fingerprints off the banister and the paint was peeling , stringy and plasticy, ive had to sand all my paint work and repaint it. Its taken ages. so be warned before you think of purchasing it. I did contact wickes over a week ago, no one has been in touch."
"With a choice of kitchen suppliers, some like B&Q and Homebase and Ikea offer you the cheaper option of self assembly cabinets as well as factory assembled. BUT in spite of their higher price, Wickes kitchens are all self assembly. Should have bought the Howdens ready assembled at the same price. Also note limited space behind back panel. In fairness the buying experience went well at the showroom with helpful planning and advice. Shame that not advised of self assembly policy."
"Bought a makita router from them and it doesn't come with a center guide. Its like buying a saw without the handel.Apparently it's a accessory. They dont sell the accessory in store. You have to sorce it yourself. Its Another way to rip you off. What a joke."
Yaneen Rodwell
Unverified Reviewer
"appauling service - had kitchen measured by wickes 'kitchen expert' - but then have discovered that it was measured incorrectly by them and units will now not fit in unless we knock the wall down and extend kitchen by 4" to cover their mistake!! They do not want to know - quick enough to take money then deny any responsibility. Just stalling us at every opportunity - wish we had never gone to wickes. Total bodge up by them from the start"
"Had the young lady at the till not been so unhelpful and miserable we would probably have purchased £500 worth of tiles from here. As it was, when we did purchase a £26 tub of adhesive & grout, my change was thrust at my hand causing it to go all over the counter. Instead of picking it up she just moved to the next customer! How very rude. The attitude of some young people today defies belief. Employ someone who will at lease offer up a smile when serving you instead of someone wishing they were not there!"
"£30 to have 7 small fence panels delivered to a pensioner less than a mile away personally I think is disgusting."
Dawn Danks
"Had every thing I needed, although gutted that on a £130 order delivery was not FREE"
"Absolutely Awful!!..... Talk about what went right...... Never recommend them to anybody, they also deliver bad customer service!,"
David Osborne
"Click and collect worked like a dream. Found product on line £50 cheaper than opposition dealers. Used click and collect and next day had product. Was notified by Email and text at 7.07 am saying item ready. Efficiency at its best. Well done Wickes"
"i am still waiting for my bathroom to be finished.Have no basin fitted due to wrong top delivered .now informed it will be the 24 th two weeks after the fitter arrived,not there fault but the stores .who completely ordered the wrong calour . this is our only bathroom and toilet in the house . Its been very stressful,not being able to wash properly .not so bad for me but the ladys in the house a nightmare .But wicks dont seem bothered but i will be looking for compensation i await a reply many thanks MR S Carrigy"
"What went right"
"I was promised next day delivery when I contacted the call centre to place an order as long as I ordered by 5pm. Later on at about 3pm I placed an order for 4 doors - not possible it will be now the day after ! I wrote to customer service to be then told ,to make matters worse , the delivery will be split into 2 ie at 2 different times. I contacted customer services to be given a unhelpful broken record reply . We can’t be responsible , we don’t promise anything etc It gets worse ...... the delivery may end up as 3 deliveries for 4 doors !, The local store has only 2 doors , another will have to be sourced and yet another door to be delivered from central stores. I have wasted so much time with something so simple . Not inspirational service at any level"
"Wickes came out to measure the kitchen and three bathrooms but when our builders came to fit the kitchen they discovered the measurements were 8 inches out, meaning part of our window was going to be covered by the walk-in pantry. Meaning this mistake has cost the builders time and is money and we have to cover the cost of fixing the designers mistake! Bathrooms got delayed twice and told that shower screens wouldn’t come until 6 weeks after the rest of the bathrooms! Furious! Wish we hadn’t bothered using Wickes!"
Vincent Warren
"Very poor customer service Kitchen took 4 weeks to complete instead of 1 week due to their inability to design correctly and deliver the required parts"
A Pissed Off Consumer
Unverified Reviewer
"Twice delivery cancelled. Refund for delivery was told by manager would receive today no surprise still no refund. Order had to be collected and wrong part sent and damaged timber. Management very RUDE. To be honest will never use WIKES ROUNDHAY ROAD OR SUGGEST TO USE. AS MANAGEMENT ARE INCOMPETENT AND HAVE ZERO CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS. IVE SEEN BETTER SERVICE FROM THE CHIMPANZEES AT THE ZOO. IF YOU WANT GOOD SERVICE WITH QUALITY ASSURED USE SELCO BUILDERS MERCHANTS. AS WIKES IS GARBAGE."
Wickes is rated 1.98 based on 389 reviews