Wickes Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Courier, Own Driver
Telephone, Live Chat

How would you rate Wickes ?

"Went to Brentwood store and the staff in there are all so rude specially a blond one think her name was lou think they all need a lot of customer service training and I think that she said she was the manager so no wonder all the staff are bad in there need some new staff will not be going in there again"
"Well. Where to start. Installation of bathroom hasn’t even begun but problem after problem with customer service. Issues with billing incorrect items, two separate deliveries for items, but was never informed. Items I purchased in store had to be chased to be delivered on time. No one in customer service ever took responsibility for errors. A constant worry - do not use Wickes."
A
"Good choice of tiles. Vought farmhouse tiles great look and a little more interesting than plain white metro tiles."
Dave Maloney
Verified Reviewer
"Delivery Service is appalling i got an Invoice via email of what i had Ordered on this it said that i will be Notified of a Time Slot for the Following Day Delivery, Didn't get a call they expect you to Stay in for 10 hrs hoping the Delivery will be made, The Girl at the Oldham Branch didn't have a Clue when i rang plus she was eating all the way through the Conversation, So i Rang Customer Services complete waste of time should be called Customer pass the Blame."
"Simply appalling service, please please please go elsewhere. It took 140 days to complete a simply kitchen installation scheduled to take 5 days, left me with a shoddy temporary worktop for over 8 weeks after they managed to measure and cut the new one wrong 3 times, customer service completely inept. Bits started to fall off almost as soon as they were installed. Total waste of money and time and a complete false economy."
Mohammed Hamaeoun
Unverified Reviewer
"Mark at customer service accepted that the dulux paint offer is a fraud and no store is able to take an order of 20 units. It's bank holiday Monday and the offer is still valid but they refuse to take an order. They have offered to take the order for any amount tomorrow, when the offer has finished. FRAUD AND UNLAWFUL ADVERTISING. EACH STORE UP TO 257 MILES AWAY ONLY STOCK BETWEEN 1 AND 5 UNITS WITH CLICK AND COLLECT ONLY."
"The bi-fold door which I ordered online came damaged! (Badly scratched) I am never home in the week and they won’t pick it up over the weekend. Was told to bring it to nearest wickes store which is a kitchen showroom and was told that they won’t take it!! Even though customer service said it was fine to take it to that particular store! Rang again and once I realised I will not get this sorted wanted to put in a complaint which the customer service advisor did not let me do! Because they can pick it up in the week between 8am-6pm.. the exact times that I’m at work every week day!!! I am furious as I’ve wasted £80!! Never buying from them again!!"
Pissed Off Customer Who Went Elsewhere
Unverified Reviewer
"Replenishing on building aisle which is not really needed on a saturday afternoon. Very poor. Staff oblivious to all the customers they are pissing off. There were no out of stocks . ???????"
David Elmer
"Helpful in store staff, they assisted me to open my trade account"
"Delivery date changed from 7 days to 14 -21 days, didn't find out until i phoned to chase the order. Good thing is that cancelling the order was easy via their customer service email address"
"I will never EVER use or recommend this company, absolute joke!! We had our bathroom installed July 2017.... April 2018 and we STILL have on going issues!! The “customer service team” never follow up on their promises. The “managers” think that it’s okay to just palm you off to someone else. The whole company is a complete shambles. We currently have water leaking into our kitchen where they haven’t sealed the bath correctly!! Let’s see how long it takes them to sort this issue out..."
"Incompetent, failed to deliver 3 times. Continually unable to sort out their own mistakes. Spoke to someone called "Steve" who said he'd fix the problem. One hour later no one called Steve works at the store. 20 phone calls, 3 days wasted, order now cancelled."
"They didn't. Shop staff were helpful and polite, but we had to return a consignment of tiles, and the transport management were totally unhelpful and uncooperative. Probably will not use Wickes again, and certainly would not recommend friends to use them."
"We had new bathroom in September took three weeks because of waiting for part when it was finally finished it was left in a tearable state I had to fight to get them to come and sort it out they finally did after lots of phone calls and going to the store a few times. I wrote a letter to customer services also emailed them to ask for compensation they totally ignored me .my first time going to wickes and defendantly my last"
"I went to the Derby branch recently to buy some Miniline guttering for a shed. However Wickes have now changed the products to MiniFlo and BEWARE the two are not compatible. Having bought all the bits I needed I started the job some days later. It was then that I discovered that all the parts were MiniFlo except for the guttering end stop, which was the old Miniline. I returned to Wickes (a 30 mile round trip from were I was doing the job) and found that they had both Miniline and Miniflo products mixed on the shelves. I pointed this out to the cashier who said that they keep the older stuff in case anyone still wants it. I pointed out that it was not obvious which is which and could easily be confused. They did not seem at all concerned and even charged me 29p extra for the replacement end stop!"
"You would have thought Wickes was in the business of making money and keeping customers happy. So when I tried to spend just over £600 buying 50 boxes of tiles that not one store has enough of but collectively they would have enough somebody would have the ability to organise it. Turns out inter-store delivery is too difficult for Wickes so I'm off to B&Q where they at least seem to the sense to have enough in stock and if not get the stock in."
"Original delivery 4 items ordered, 1 item was incorrect and 1 item missing. contacted by email and no response. Phoned customer services unable to speak to anybody, requested a call back, which I received 5 hours later, they did not know what went wrong. received a text at 8am following morning from courier that parts would be with me by 1pm, no delivery! then received a phone call at midday to say that parts would be delivered in two days. unless you have the patients of a Saint I would advise you shop elsewhere, their staff are incompetent"
"Very bad service after 17 days, 6 phone call, 2 email= I still waiting for my money back of a product I bought in Internet!"
"Wickes-Darlington. I am sick and tired of going to Wickes and finding that they do not stock the item(s) that I have spent 20 minutes walking there (and 20 minutes walking back) to buy despite always checking stock levels on their website first. Today I went there to buy a block paint brush listed at £3 with at least 70 supposedly being in stock at that branch according to the Wickes website. https://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Multi-Purpose-Block-Brush---5-5in/p/600810 After not finding the said item I approached with trepidation the staff member on the counter (this particular one I have never found helpful) and asked her why no £3 brushes were on display to be told that they do not sell them at that price unless they were "old stock" and told me to look on the "clearance" section. I told her that they were advertised on the Wickes website but was dismissive of my comment (as usual). I then spent £2.90 on a bus fare into town and purchased 5 block brushes in Poundland for £1 less than the cost of 1 at Wickes!"
"Great prices and a great service we will use wickes again"
Wickes is rated 1.99 based on 391 reviews