Wickes Reviews

21% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Courier, Own Driver

How would you rate Wickes ?

"Ordered featheredge and battens and paid for delivery. Stayed home to take delivery only to find that the battens did not arrive and are not coming direct from Wickes but from a third party and they will not deliver without a signature. Order cancelled but have been told that i will not receive refund until they get their refund from the third party. Will not be using Wickes again."
"Ordered a kitchen with them, £700 of stock didn’t arrive, I’ve just been told that we won’t be receiving the products we’ve paid for OR our money back! Worst customer service I have ever experienced if “it’s got their name on it” avoid it!"
"I visited Wickes in Worthing today and I was served by Millie in the kitchen department. I needed an extra door to house a boiler and needed a good match for the existing units. Obviously I wasn't spending a fortune but the customer service from Millie was excellent. She went the extra mile and searched online to find me a perfect match and size. She was pleasant and patient throughout. I promised her I would be back to discuss my new kitchen with her. Hang on to her Wickes she is a gem. No we have never met before today."
"ordered doors on thurs28th. I paid for next day delivery. wickes said they would arrive between 0800 and1800 waited till 6 oclock . No doors! Wickes said that they didn't have them at depot. so couldn't send them. They didn't contact me to tell me this. they said they would be delivered on the sat . 1800 and still no doors! I contacted customer services yet again they said they still were not in depot they then said they would be delivered on monday am. I phoned customer services at 1200 they said they were on the truck. when I said that they were supposed to come am he said that there am was from 800 to 1300 I asked him what kind of clock they had? it is now 1410 and still no doors.I wont be buying anything from wickes again. I would have given no stars but couldn't do review without clickin one star."
"An absolute disgrace. The delivery company was so abysmal I put in a complaint to them directly. After refusing to take my side of the story seriously, they told me to refer the complaint to Wickes, which I did, requesting that they email me with a response. They repeatedly promised to have someone look into it and contact me, and repeatedly failed. Finally, after 6 emails back and forth, with wickes constantly fobbing me off with empty promises, they then told me it wasn't their problem and I should be complaining to the delivery company. Wtf! I had done that but neither company actually did anything to resolve my complaint, both were content to keep passing the buck, and messing me around. Abysmal company. Shop elsewhere. Wickes should be shut down, they dont give a toss about their customers, or any promises they make. I won't be buying anything there again... It just isn't worth the hassle"
"Rubbish company cannot be relied on, booked delivery over a week in advance. Get 4 texts ssying 13:00 -18:00 well its now 18:00 and according to the tracker info it is still at least 1 hour away. Taken half day off, completely waste of time seeing as I would have been home 45 mins if I had stayed at work. You pay for delivery, you take time off and it don't arrive on time, would have been cheaper to hire van and collected from my local Wickes."
"Brilliant 2 for 1 offer on fence paint saved me loads."
"I went to wickes to buy several things including plywood, door hardware, bolts and studwork. Ive previously ordered from them to have things delivered and it was a mixed experience as alot of the beams i ordered were warped. However i was sure to pick out the good pieces going to the shop. Some of thier C16 studwork is as good as C24 and they go cheaper than most places. Thier non structural plywood, although made with a pressfit techique that leaves some tension within the sheet, has a good veneer surface that is stainable. I laminated it and used it to make my kitchen countertop treated with wood stain and furnature wax. It looks and feels amazing and has been up.fpr 6 months and has lasted through yhe abuse it goes through."
"Dear whom it may concern, I placed an order last week for laminate flooring, beading and underlay. The beading was only available via click and collect so I chose this option for everything. As per the website Edmonton had 20 2m white beading. Further to me going to click and collect I find out in the store that there is no beading which I need to get my flooring done which was booked for the day I collect the items as per website were available. I ask to speak to the store manager who isn’t in until Monday and without beading the job can’t be done so I cancel the job. I call customer service and I spoke to Alan who said he’d be calling me back and he didn’t come back to me. Thereafter, I called again to cancel the beading and underlay and later find out the whole order had been cancelled. When I call customer service to speak to a manager your representative had no customer service skills and this is not what I expect from such a company. I am still waiting for a call from the manager as I have made an unnecessary trip to the store and then my order has been cancelled so I spend more money to reorder the flooring. This is ridiculous and I would like the offer to still be supplied to what I’ve purchased as I have rebooked the job for tomorrow. The worst first experience and I would not recommend you to anyone else or use your services again unless something is done to compensate the below. Dissatisfied customer."
"A series of minor errors and issues with timings not being met, then two days before the bathroom fitting I got a phone call to say they didn't have the toilet and wouldn't for over a week. Since the fitters are only booked for 4 days and you can't fit tiles and flooring without the new toilet in place, not to mention how we were supposed to go to the loo during this time, I had no alternative but to cancel; they didn't sound at all surprised and made no offer to try and rectify things. Told to go back to the store for refund, yet again moving 80kgs of tiles and about 30kgs of flooring, also to get a refund. Had to wait one hour because you "can't" have a refund until everything is delivered. Since I'd been told that morning to go to the store, I wasnt moving untilI got it. Now stuck waiting for all the other bathroom items to be removed. I have only one word to describe my experience: symbolic. I advise you to avoid."
"In the past month, having place and paid for 3 click and collect orders, shown on-line they have stock, order confirmed and my money taken, I Have been subjected to some serious concerns regarding customer service and staff honesty! On all three occasions the order could not be picked because an item or some items were not in stock. This is advertised as a "one hour" service and you asked to await a confirmation. So 2-4 hours on and you don't get a call or email, don't bother trying to call them, you call into the store to only then be told then that your item (s) can't be picked! On the first occasion they promptly refunded my money, on the second occasion having to overly prove I even placed an order via the confirmations on my mobile phone, the phone was, shall we say, accidentally not returned by a member of staff, and on the third occasion it has taken escalation and 9 days to even get a refund! I hope I am alone in this experience but suspect I am not. I intend to boycott the brand until such time that I find somebody in customer service that even cares how badly they sell on-line and how poorly the staff deal with it. Internally I sensed this was common practice based on comments made by staff that thought and considered the issue more a joke than something they should put right. Selling on-line, not having the stock, taking the money and making it the customers problem to resolve sounds not only dishonest but also likely to lose customers. Operationally your getting this very wrong Wickes and in such a competitive market you will need to do better."
"I placed an order with and it’s not coming Another three days I’ve just tried to add a tub of paint to my order and they’re saying I can’t I’ve got to pay for another delivery which I find it absolutely disgusting it’s daylight robbery"
"Bought a mower, charged more at till, returned will ticket with cashier and immediately sold item as advertised, complying with advertising standards regulations. Helpful staff and handy to know where what products are kept where."
"Don't use if you have power cables running across your property as they can't deliver. Would have been good to know. Change if delivery company."
"Terrible experience. We went into the new Norwich store this morning to buy play sand. Checked online and there were plenty showing in store. To save walking around to find it we asked at the counter where it was. The lady said that they did sell it, they had 16 bags but didnt know where it was. Eventually she asked colleagues and they decided it was outside. We checked outside and then inside too as we couldn't see it. Going back to the counter four staff members spent ages looking at their computer saying that they had 16, they didn't have 16, then thag they were in fact split bags we could have for a discount and then thag they vaguely didn't know where they were but another staff member had ordered them. None of this was communicated to us as we a good there, it was as if we were invisible. Eventually we said thank you we will leave it and they didn't even look up. No apologies no goodbye. Useless and rude."
"One star is a compliment! I ordered a kitchen to be installed by Wickes the process took two and a half months from when my old kitchen was removed and the installation of the new Wickes kitchen was completed, I can at last unpack the boxes. Once the order was placed calls and email were not returned by the Milton Keynes store. Customer Services were friendly but unhelpful and writing to the MD was pointless"
"Ordered items On-line for collection. Went an hour later and all the items were ready on a trolly for me to take to car. Simple, as it should be."
"Ordered kitchen in August 2017 its now June 2018 - kitchen was ‘finished’ - husband put right! In May 2018"
"The kitchen showroom in east grinstead is FAB ! I went for a browse today as they have a great range. A lovely kitchen designer called Lisa was happy to answer lots of questions. I have a problem with sensation in my fingers and was concerned about using the latest appliances so she told me where I could go to try them out. I was feeling completely overwhelmed with trying to plan the kitchen but left feeling really confident that If i chose to go ahead with wickes, Lisa would be fantastic alongside. I felt Lisa really listened - thank you so much ! My concern now is the amount of negative feedback on this website re delivery problems and some fitting issues and damaged goods. I would also prefer units ready assembled. But, I will definitely give this serious thought !"
Wickes is rated 1.95 based on 426 reviews

Get ready for our phone call!