Wickes Reviews

18% of reviewers recommend Wickes
1 New Reviews Written
08AM
8AM

About Wickes: Wickes continues to be one of the major brands in the DIY and Home Improvement sector. We have a range of over 10,000 products (98% own brand), and are able to offer our customers everyday low prices by sourcing the best quality products at the lowest possible cost. Most of our products are available for next-day delivery, including big & bulky stuff. At Wickes you can discover a whole host of inspirational ideas for your Home and Garden, with some of our key products being doors, flooring, tiles, kitchens and gardens. Launched in 2006, the Wickes transactional website features product details covering the complete Wickes range. Our website is constantly being enhanced to help improve customer satisfaction, so why not be a part of that journey by helping customers find us.

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

"We bought what we thought was a great kitchen but turned into a nightmare when the kitchen supplied by wickes started to swell on the door fronts after many complaints they refused to help saying it was moisture ingress and the manufacturer said it was the case no one ever came to inspect it they just looked at pictures we are angry it cost us £8000 so beware when buying"
Are you Wickes? Gain access to your dashboard so you can reply to this review. Get Access
"I left Wickes Preston this week feeling extremely deflated. ‘Terry’ had no time for me and zero patience. If an inexperienced customer asks a question, surely they shouldn’t be patronised and expected to be at the staffs standard of knowledge. Helpful in the end but too many shoulder chips. If it’s a primary school you wish to work in with infants and dictate to them then crack on with the job change but don’t practice on adult customers when working at wickes."
"Items missing, items damaged, design oversights, disjointed customer services. Just awful."
"Found some really nice tiles very reasonably priced, delivered bang on time great, tiler came and started to lay the tiles and he stopped and showed me the tiles were warped and unusable. 10 boxes purchased 8 of the boxes from the same batch were all warped. The other 2 boxes were ok, contacted wickes the guy looked at the stock and found ALL the tiles from that batch number were warped. Asked for replacement no date given, during this time the tiler is waiting, found out that some tiles were at a store 20 miles away and I could go and pick them up that day. I rang the store the manager did not know about it and finally found that he didnt have 10 packs of the same batch number they were all mixed. At this stage I had had enough of wickes and told the store to come and pick the items up to allow me to get my money back. I am annoyed that more effort (or any effort) was not made to find the tiles of the same batch, and why on earth were 2 different batch numbers dated over 12 months apart sent to me THEY HAVE TO MATCH. The tiler has lost a days work and is having to shuffle his work around and I have ordered the tiles from elsewhere at a greater cost but time is going by. I dont think this is a professional way to go about things and once again I am having to write a poor review and am out of pocket. In the past Wickes has always been my first choice I will have second thoughts now. The guy said he would pick them up in the morning I hope so as they are in my hall."
"Why can you never speak to a Manager at Wickes ?Had a Bathroom fitted last year and the mosaic tiling was dreadful, was told to keep wiping it, it will clear up, Sent photos into customer services and after many emails and phone calls the tiling was done again only to be finished off even worse, Trying to get customer services to sort it out but it’s not happening they just want you to go away. We all pay a lot for our Kitchens and Bathrooms and receive such dreadful after sales service, Hopefully a program like Watchdog will pick up on this soon after all our complaints because they are getting away with it."
"Well sorry to disappoint everyone on here I've had my kitchen designed by Amanda warrington did a perfect job exactly what I wanted. Its now been flitted and I love it. Cannot fault anything perfect... Fitters spot on, friendly, never stopped I cannot reccomend them enough. So as far as I'm concerned they have done a first class service. Thank you Amanda, carl, Jordan your all Amazing ."
"Ordered the full 100% oak soild wood kitchen. Arrived on date promised. But installer beside agreed to date will come after a week only. Wickes could not help. Some doors are received damaged had hard time convince customer service that was not our fault. They supplied the replacement doors three weeks after installation finished. After that they can not arrange to get installer to fix the replacement till now since six months passed. Various calls to customer service does not help as they say to contact installer who wants additional £400 for replacement. On the other hand after six months the oak wood is changing colour easy to stain and certainly not the oak. The doors are getting out of alignment and 10 year of workman warranty is just a slagon and does not exists. Avoid at a cost as only they are good at is sales"
"My daughter had a new kitchen fitted from Wickes. Never in my life have I known an any firm give such an appalling service. Right from the start the salesman made mistake after mistake, and with a catalogue of errors too numerous to list here,from then on a job that should have taken two days to complete took over two weeks. Wickes of course just shut their eyes to any complaints. Nothing on this earth would ever persuade me to visit a Wickes store ever again"
"We had a 4th kitchen fitted by wickes and what a horrible experience the 4th was. Poor fitting, had the worktops replaced, fridge and freezer damaged so bad they were replaced after 2 weeks. We had 6 months interest free credit which was frozen due to all the issues but it turned out it hadn't been frozen and cost us 1.7k interest! We have now a poorly fitted kitchen with 30% has been replaced and is still not fit for purpose. The current issue is that the doors are showing white runs in them! We will replace the kitchen next year and it won't be a 5th kitchen from wickes nil star"
"Very unhelpful. Not used to DIY myself and when I asked if someone could help me with regards to information about Drills, I was told we don't know, but we could google it. Seriously, I could do that myself, whats the point in working for a DIY company when you know nothing about your products. Totally ridiculous, would not recommend this company"
"Worst firm i have ever dealt with in 30 years from the order right through to the delivery.Total incompetance"
"Absolutely terrible time with Wickes regarding our bathroom. The lastest is a huge leak from their work to our kitchen below. Water everywhere. The fitter was a complete cowboy who couldn't handle the job. Wickes have been completely heartless and irresponsible regarding the this whole mess. I can't believe they can do this to innocent ordinary people who just want to improve their homes. I'm trying my best at the moment to get it all sorted but it won't be for Wickes."
"I placed a complaint on Wickes system 24th May, regarding fitter issues that rendered a shower unusable and other problems. Here we are 17th August and nothing done and no arrangements made. Do not use Wickes for anything that requires installation unless you DIY. I have made numerous calls to Wickes and the install, MPH, and sent numerous emails, all to no effect. Shame on Wickes."
"DO NOT ORDER YOUR KITCHEN FROM WICKES Due to be delivered on 13th August (apparently a weight restriction on the road leading to my street) so taken to local store to try and arrange a smaller wagon to bring it to my address. They didn't have one. After ringing customer services and the store numerous times that day, I was told it would be delivered by courier the following day. Told firstly by customer services that it would arrive between 1 and 3 and then by the store that it would arrive between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. Guess what, it didn't arrive at all. Rang customer services and the store to be told they had lost the kitchen and they didn't know where it was!!! My first bugbear is that there is no weight restriction on the road leading to my property. Secondly my partner (who is self employed) stayed at home to wait in for the kitchen on the 13th August. He lost a days wages. Thirdly my son worked from home at my property, not ideal for him, on the 14th August to wait for the courier delivery that never happened. Customer services wanted to order me a whole new order of the same kitchen again and get it out to me today. What, so somebody would have to have a day off again, only for it not to arrive, I don't think so. Told them to cancel the order and I wanted a refund. Guess what I have to go into the store for the refund. Guess what the store need to get approval from customer services. These people have had £4,000 of my money for a month, sat in their account from the day of order, and they can't refund my money. No managers in customer services to speak to after 5 p.m. The manager in the store is on holiday! I am still waiting for a refund. Avoid Wickes like the plague, they take your money then don't want to know. No idea about customer service. I wouldn't recommend anybody buy anything from this store, I certainly won't be setting foot in the place again."
"Selling tester pots of paint you can't buy! So Wickes sells tester pots of paint you can't actually buy from the store! Having tried various tester pots we settled on the colour we wanted so I went back to buy some paint only to be told they don't stock it. When querying why they sold tester pots of said paint (even showed the assistant of the tester pots on sale) I was told 'It's a bit of a mystery' and she walked away ratherquickly. This would be humorous if it wasn't for the fact it had cost over £10.00 in fuel and 1.5 hours of my life in a completely pointless trip. Way to go Wickes, you certainly understand the principles of customer service. And this after a delivery which should have arrived on Thursday finally arriving on the Saturday afternoon and many phone calls and messages which meant we had to wait in for three days!"
"Delivery not arrived on the day promised or the day after , customer services did not call back and cut me off . Its coming tomorrow that's it sorry ...... put phone down"
"Hi, My order number is 905183 We went to WIckes with attached picture of the below mentioned link which is a complete package for £650. However, instead of the provided bath screen I requested that one to be replaced by Sliding bath screen. The revised quote which we received was 638 and after discount we paid 573. Now when we are fitting the bathroom the designer has deleted the Front panel when he customised the package plus he changed the toilet instead of Pheonix he provided Avalon bathroom When the driver came to deliver he forgot toilet seat and basin pedastal in the van and asked me to sign it as all delivered and up on rechecking I figured out that 2 items were missing. And today when the plumbers are fitting the bathroom they highlighted the above. I’ve calling the designer whole day yesterday 4 times nobody is picking my phone. When we called customer service they said cant confirm the panels you need to go to store. In morning, I took a half day of from work I went to store the executive designer team doesn’t start before 11am. Wickes think that customer is a fool that once he has paid the money you can do all kind of scams and lie with the customer and he wouldn’t do anything apart from waiting and chasing you because he has bought the product from you. In 2 days all I have done is chased you people and my brand new bath is different to toilet , bath panels are missing and no one is there to take responsibility of the missing panels and no one knows why it wasn’t part of the package and which ones are replacement"
"Absolutely terrible delivery service. Ordered on Sunday told Tuesday before 1pm delivery and still waiting in the rain.!!"
"My wickes kitchen is still not completed 2 months after the fitters left. The kitchen installation took 3x the length the fitters quoted, the fitters complained and were late every day, and the design was so poor that one door will never open fully. The wrong items were delivered three times. Even after complaining it was always weeks before I heard from anyone. I felt totally helpless. The original delivery guys said they wouldn't make the delivery as they couldn't park outside, after much persuasion they did, but only if I would stand outside at 7AM in my pyjama's in case any traffic came (it didn't, it's a very quiet road). Then they said they wouldn't take the appliances up the stairs as they wouldn't fit. I begged them, and eventually they did (they fitted no problem). After all of this the kitchen still isn't finished. Wickes have offered to refund the door that will never fully open, and offer £150 as a good will fee - on a kitchen that was 7k. I will never use them again."
"we were told dont waste my time i want at least 7000 pounds for a cheap kitchen and 4500 for a small bathroom, the guy said he wanted 2500 pounds just for him to fit a kitchen and another 2500 pounds for the bathroom 5000 pound before anything is done the laught at on the phone rude wrong stay away luck escape this time."
Wickes is rated 1.79 based on 685 reviews