Wickes Reviews

22% of reviewers recommend Wickes

0344 892 2721 (Ext. 6322)

National Customer Service Centre | Rhosili Road | Brackmills

Categories:
Business & Office
DIY & Tools
Hardware

Tell us how Wickes made you happy

Courier, Own Driver
Over 7 Days
Over a week
"Used the click and collect service. Was on a call out when the part I had was no good, simply found it paid and was ready and waiting for me by the time I got there. Saved me time and hassle trying to find it and queuing again to pay. Also shopped through quidco for cashback :)"
"Fast and reliable service. Great quality product."
"very bad customer service did not get what ordered so asked for refund on diffarance we did get it but now will not deliver to us because we complaind thought was custermer always right spent lot money with them last few years never go to any of there storse again"
"£30 Bulk delivery to the Kerbside is limited and excludes customers that do not have strong people to hand to move the delivery from the kerbside to the garden or property. Often only one person turns up to deliver bulk items. On occasions the driver will deliver to your garden or property, but you cannot guarantee this. Unfortunately, that means for me I cannot order no more bulk items from Wickes until they improve their delivery service."
"Wickes never have anything of anything ever. All I have EVER had from this place are full refunds. Less than useless."
"Two and a half years ago we had a very old bathroom removed and a new one supplied and fitted by Wickes. It was supposed to be our dream bathroom. Instead it has become our nightmare bathroom. So far we have had the shower leak three times into the ceiling below, the sealant does not last because they built a partition wall and it's not up to the job, it moves, so the tiles lose grip with the sealant. We have to re-seal it ourselves every so often now to stop the leaks. The shower door fall off it's hinges and break into millions of bits, the toilet cistern fitted so badly it leaked whenever you flushed it. A large leak from under the toilet which went on for two years and climaxed in our dining room ceiling falling down. The sink tap break in half (they did replace that free of charge). And just the other week our light fitting failed. They supplied and installed that too. We did complain to them. But they explained their bathrooms are only guaranteed for two years. Really if we had know that their bathrooms are ONLY DESIGNED TO LAST TWO we wouldn't have used them. There is nothing in our bathroom that has not failed now, except the heated towel rail and we bought that ourselves as they 'forgot to order it'. Really really really do not recommend."
"Tried to use our gift card in the Brighton store. They said they couldn't process them at the moment as they weren't scanning properly. I asked if they could find out how much was on the card and honour it anyways, seeing as the gift card was bought in good faith that it would be honoured. They told me it was a nation wide issue. It was a rather young acting manager and he refused to phone anyone higher up the chain of command. We left disgruntled, then when we got home phoned customer services, who said they hadn't heard anything about the problem and could indeed let the store know how much was on the card and it was up to the store's discretion to honour it. I had to phone back the store and tell him how to do his job, then wait for him to phone and check with higher management after all. We then had to go all the way back to the store, where the man/boy manager had been told to honour the gift card. Wasted time and journey for us! Not impressed by the unhelpfulness. Hubby had taken the day off work to do the job but it took half the day to just buy the tools we needed using a pre-paid card that we trusted would be honoured. Could have been dealt with so much better and faster if the manager had tried to be more helpful and think outside the box a little."
"Wickes at Scunthorpe - for heavens sake get some decent staff that can do their job and offer customer service! Long time customer v young job worths. Congrats! Will take my customer else where in future!"
"A couple of years ago we had spoken to someone who did a home visit and we also went in-store to get the quote – our reason for not proceeding was down to the fact that he came across as patronising and rude. Earlier this year, we decide to give Wickes another try. This time we spoke to someone else in the same store who appeared not bothered; on several occasions we tried to make conversation with him but there was very little engagement from him. It’s almost like he wanted to get the deal and get rid of us. We then decided to pay a visit to a different store where we had explained everything to the manager and another member of staff in that department; they appeared very sympathetic to our situation/negative experiences. After having the new designer over to measure up, etc. we decided to proceed with the order placement; and following that, that particular designer has not engaged with us since (that was back at the beginning May)! The manager had picked up the mails but last contact was mid-June! We still haven’t had the required survey – the fitter doesn’t even respond to messages; asks for dates when he can come over and then doesn’t respond – again, last contact was in mid-May! I had a call just over a week ago regarding delivery of the goods to which I informed the lady that the level of service is shocking and I do not want to agree any dates; I also explained nobody had been in touch for months! She informed me she would follow-up with the store/fitter and someone would be in touch…over a week on and nothing! I also had a text from Wickes Customer Services with a link to respond to a survey back in mid-July; I responded negatively and still no follow up call? This is just a brief summary of what has happened. Absolutely disgusted with the lack of customer service and the attitude of the staff members we have engaged with. We will not be proceeding with our order nor engaging Wickes in the future for any work we require. This has been an absolutely disheartening and frustrating experience for us; especially as we have had bad experience previously bringing in a tradesman directly. We thought we would go with what we assumed was a “reputable” company and pay that ‘ridiculous’ extra amount for doing so but the service has been atrocious."
"Rude, angry and unhelpful staff (manager also). Unable to get an order right. Unwilling to help at all to fix things. Do not care about customers at all. This was handsworth store UK Avoid!"
"Poor design Poor product quality Poor installation Poor service"
"Delivery missed - Advised today they had a major systems failure over the weekend. If your delivery was for today, you may get it tomorrow (or not at all!) Complaints to Customer services seem to get lost and you wait for a long time for a non-committal response - avoid their web-based "enquiry submission" as it is not classed as a complaint. Email simon.king@wickes.co.uk as the MD and place the words Formal complaint in your header - this way any board-level meeting (should) discuss these if they are bothered about customer reputation. Having said this Money Saving Expert has a thread about Wickes poor delivery service in 2007 so there hasn't been much improvement since!"
"I went to look at decking because there was a discount that ended today(06/08/18) £300 worth (not a lot of money to some people ) tried click and collect but couldn’t do it so I went back down to the store about 20 minutes before closing task if I could pay so my done could pick it up in his van the next day “no” we can’t hold it overnight!! It’s in the bloody store anyway so it’s not like it’s taking up extra space!! Wickes can go do one I won’t be going back no help and terrible customer service!! If I could no stars I would!!"
"Ordered and paid online for 'Click & Collect' in-store service. Despite receiving 2x SMS messages & a voicemail to say item's were ready for collection, they had to be picked from shelves when I arrived. Luckily all was in stock! Also a 30-min. Staff very helpful & couldn't be faulted but the system is rubbish!"
"On the 5th of July 2018 I ordered a Bath and Front Panel 14th July - Pallet delivered with a completely different type of bath but with correct delivery note. Luckily I checked it before the driver left, so he took it back in the van. 4 days later correct items delivered. Wickes agreed to refund the delivery charge. After partly unwrapping the pallet I discovered faults with the bath and reported it to Wickes. I had to send an email with photos showing faults for them to forward to the suppliers (Wickes Kitchens and Bathrooms). The next day I phoned them and requested an update and was told that the suppliers had not got back to them and they could not chase them up until after they had had 48 hours to respond. 2 days later I again phoned Wickes and as they had still not had a response I cancelled the order. They confirmed the refund would be triggered once Wickes had received the items back Later that day Wickes phoned to say that the suppliers had asked if the returning items were still in their original packaging. I told them they were still on the pallet (as delivered). They asked for a photo and I directed them to the photos I had already sent. I suggested that they were lucky it was still on the pallet, as I might not have found the faults until after I had removed and thrown away all the packing material. I emailed a formal complaint to Wickes Customer Services and received an automatic acknowledgement stating that I would get a response within 24 hours. I got no response. 4 days later TNT collected the pallet. They didn’t have a pallet trolley so needed my help to move it out of the garage and onto the van’s tail lift. The next day the pallet was delivered (in good condition), to Wickes Ossett Depot. 2 days later, and still no notification of the refund, I phoned Wickes to be told that they had not been informed of the receipt of the returned items but said they would chase it up. That same day I emailed a second complaint, this time to Customer Relations and received an automatic acknowledgement stating that I would get a response within 24 hours. 3 days later, on July 30th, with no refund or response to my complaints, I phoned Wickes and was told that I would receive an email notification of refund later that day, but it would still take at least 3 to 5 working days for the refund to be processed. As I had not had any response to my complaints, I asked if they could see any record of my emails. I was told that they were both on file and were with the relevant departments for investigation. Miraculously I received the refund notification a few minutes later. That same day I received an email from Wickes Customer Relations apologising for the issues I have experienced with my order, and the poor performance of their customer services. I was offered a £30 (cheque or Wickes gift card) as a gesture of goodwill for the inconvenience. I rejected this apology and offer, as none of the issues I raised had been sufficiently addressed. The issue of the lack of any response to my initial complaint was not addressed. Later that day they responded with a clearly final offer of £50, which I reluctantly accepted (certainly not a gift card). Based on the poor quality of their customer services and delivery systems, I will certainly not be using Wickes again, and would recommend avoiding them at all costs."
"0000000000000000"
"They charge £7.95 for delivery. Their competitors charge about £30.Have found their delivery service excellent."
"fitter flooded the kitchen with a tan of water...parts didn't turn up and several were damaged. the loo separated from the water tank...twice, still waiting to have it fixed having been here for a whole day now....he hasn't turned up...avoid if you can. The local branch have tried to be helpful but seem to laid back to care much"
"Useless in the extreme. pay for am delivery, receive text message from courier saying delivery between 7 - 12 - turns up at 12:15. Ring to speak to "customer service" and are told "actually its between 8am and 1pm. Cant remember when 1pm was actually classed as an am delivery but hey ho, live and learn. Bunch of useless idiots. The wood I ordered for decking is yet to be delivered - apparently that's done by another courier that is not covered by the timed delivery you book on line. Avoid at all costs. I only gave 1 star as zero isn't an option."
"I have had nothing but issues with the Andover branch. You would think that it would be so easy to click and collect your items. No!! Online states plenty in stock. They take your money, you arrive to collect, and “sorry we can’t find your items”. I’ve now got contractors waiting for materials and staff are saying it will take over a week to get stock. Sorry wickes that’s not good enough. This has happened on a few occasions. The Andover staff have no product knowledge, and couldn’t really be bothered to help you find anything. My last experience was yet another failed delivery. 2 jumbo bags of materials. Ok I will swallow the £30 delivery charge as you claim it will be delivered next day. Get the text to say between 8-1. Ok fair enough. Oh no!! This is not the case. Get a phone call to say the crane is broken on the lorry. Really!! It was working when I went I saw the lorry making a delivery at an address in the town about an hour later!! Now have yet another contractor waiting for materials. Sorry wickes you have lost yet another customer"
Wickes is rated 1.98 based on 456 reviews