Wickes, Peterborough Reviews

of reviewers recommend Wickes, Peterborough

Forty Acre Rd, Peterborough PE1 5PS, UK

Tell us how Wickes, Peterborough made you happy
I had to use Wickes as due to the lockdown most of the usual building merchants have suspended their operations... I’d ordered 2 items, shed felt and a pot of wood filler for click and collect. When I got to Wickes I had to queue for good 15 minutes for the “contactless” collection, which I couldn’t complain due to the lockdown situation. However, when I finally got my turn they first didn’t recognise my order and after rechecking twice finally brought and tossed a nearly 20kg roll of felt without any trolley (trolleys were handed out by Wicks staff at that time) so in this whole confusion in the end I forgot about the wood filler. When I then realised that on my way home (it’s a good 20 min drive) and tried to call the store it took some 5 attempts (I was constantly being disconnected) I spoke to someone who advised that there will be no problem with me either coming the following day to pick it up or otherwise it will automatically be refunded to me. As trip to the store is a whole mission I opted for refund, which was my mistake. Now 3 weeks later I still haven’t got the refund and after 3-4 chasing emails I was advised by Customer ServiceS that the store marked my collection as completed and if I want a refund I’ll need to return the item first!
Needless to say but based on my experience with Wickes I’m not very likely to be shopping there in any near future...
Great help with heavy tiles in store and loading them into my car, very polite staff.
Big store in Fengate and close to industrial estate and car auction, but far from us but always go there as it’s cheapest especially for bulk sand cement, lovely kitchen displays you’ll be in awe of, good friendly place and helpful too, nice garden area too.
Wickes, Peterborough is rated 3.33 based on 3 reviews